The Easter Showdown discussion

DeletedUser

Potion of Minor Wisdom

What is the point of giving the Potion of Minor Wisdom out when half the players can't use it and can't sell it.

If you have reached the maximum level of 120 then you can't get 10% experience to next level.

Surely it would make more sense if it could be traded in the market for those who could use.:(

DeletedUser22685

I hate to quote myself, but meh:

I still fail to see why everyone's complaining about this potion, it's no more useless than, say, a crafter's bag, junk chest, or even a wooden or iron chest. Don't tell me any petty sum you can get from selling the rubbish you get from those chests is any less worthless than exp in the long run.

DeletedUser26820

Keep fighting the good fight, Futu. You're doing fine.
As a level 120 player, I'd rather get 1200 or whatever experience points from a potion than the Trophy I got from a Bag with a rare product.

DeletedUser6752

I got Indian clothing from an iron chest, and I sold it to the merchant for $3750.
I got a rose from a rare chest, and it enabled me to make rose water which I exchanged for 5 bonds.
I got other crafting items from one or two junk chests and was able to either use them for crafting or SELL THEM TO ANOTHER PLAYER FOR WHOM THEY WERE USEFUL.

Potion of Wisdom - can't sell it, can't craft with it - but I can use it to change a number on a screen from one value that has no meaning to me, to another number that has no meaning to me.

I can't help but wonder if down the road there might be an additional premium category - exchange x nuggets for an increase of 1 place in the overall standings. From what I've seen in this thread, there must be plenty of players for whom that would be a godsend.

I personally have absolutely no use for these Potions. I don't doubt that for players not yet at level 120 they are useful - leveling up, if I recall, was an exciting event much anticipated, bringing with it 1 AP, 3 SP, and the difficult decision of how to distribute them - should I go for that quest, should I add to dueling skills, should I add HP to help in fort battles?
After level 120, however, there were no more such events, and gaining experience points took on a much less significant meaning. For some, it no longer has any meaning at all.

I have followed this thread and the recurring theme of the Potions, so I don't foresee any change to their status of being unsalable. But seriously, there are plenty of players who would love to be able to sell them to other players who could use them to level up that much more quickly.

I understand your point, Futurama, but it's difficult to tell if you understand the point of view of those who want to at least be able to sell the Potions. Topics like this quickly become polarized and then nothing is gained by discussing them. After I click the Post button I'm going to the Ideas forum to see if anybody has actually suggested the ability to sell these Potions.

DeletedUser22685

I got Indian clothing from an iron chest, and I sold it to the merchant for $3750.

Cool, less than a day's work.

Disappoint said:
I got a rose from a rare chest, and it enabled me to make rose water which I exchanged for 5 bonds.

Cool, another day's work.

Disappoint said:
I got other crafting items from one or two junk chests and was able to either use them for crafting or SELL THEM TO ANOTHER PLAYER FOR WHOM THEY WERE USEFUL.

This is your best point (the one in caps), but giving gear to people who need it and giving exp to people who need it are two different things - and yes, I say giving, because if you're selling it to a friend who needs it you're doing it for minimum price, and if you're selling them at market value you're doing it for your own gain, not the gain of the buyer, which would make your point invalid so I'll assume you're talking about the former. There are players who would buy hundreds of these potions that would be up for sale and level up even faster than church builders, buying cheap gear off friends can't help anyone do that.

Disappoint said:
Potion of Wisdom - can't sell it, can't craft with it - but I can use it to change a number on a screen from one value that has no meaning to me, to another number that has no meaning to me.

I can't help but wonder if down the road there might be an additional premium category - exchange x nuggets for an increase of 1 place in the overall standings. From what I've seen in this thread, there must be plenty of players for whom that would be a godsend.

The potions were designed for sub level 120 players, no one is denying that. There are plenty of other items in the Tombola. People act like they think the rare occasion they get one of these potions (I have only gotten two, and I kept them for collection - there's one use at level 120) is going to rob them of Doc's horse; it'll likely be in place of one of those Easter eggs which is equally as useless as exp and no one can make a valid argument otherwise.

Disappoint said:
I understand your point, Futurama, but it's difficult to tell if you understand the point of view of those who want to at least be able to sell the Potions. Topics like this quickly become polarized and then nothing is gained by discussing them. After I click the Post button I'm going to the Ideas forum to see if anybody has actually suggested the ability to sell these Potions.

Of course I understand that point of view, most of my characters are level 120 (including the only one I really care about, the one whose Tombola spins are actually important to me). I am simply not making a big deal over something like this because I can understand why they were not made auctionable (we did discuss the possibility on Beta) and once again, I am no less disappointed to receive those potions than to receive an Easter egg, premium medal or useless chest. I am not happy to receive any of them, but at the end of the day, you will not notice that extra $3000, 5 bonds or 15% motivation boost in two weeks' time any more than you'll notice that trivial number down the bottom of your screen.

Harsha..

I think the devs just made that potion, then forgot to make it saleable. These things happen with them :D

We just need to ask them nicely and they will do it, in one minute's work

DeletedUser22685

I think the devs just made that potion, then forgot to make it saleable. These things happen with them :D

That's not what happened at all. If you read the posts about the potions (of which there are far too many) you'll see there's a perfectly valid reason for not making them auctionable.

Harsha.. said:
We just need to ask them nicely and they will do it, in one minute's work

And again, we've been talking about this since the Showdown started. They won't change it because of said valid reason. I don't think it would have taken two weeks and dozens of complaining posts to change it if they had simply "forgotten".

HelenBack

Potion of Wisdom... Totally useless to me in most of my worlds... Only 2 are not at level 120 yet... one is at level 110 and I wish I could do away with the daily XP bonus cuz I don't wanna level... (Nothing to look forward to once you hit 120... may as well prolong the journey as long as possible.)

I would like to know if the Potion of Wisdom could be exchanged for another item within the same category (Common, UnCommon, Rare)... At least for those who are at level 120 and really have no use for it.

I've only done the free duels with Big Fred... But I have found Freeman's Saddle, Freeman's Pants, Doc's Coat, Freeman's and Doc's Shoes, Golden Letter, Steel Chest, as well as all Belts, Hats and Neckbands. That's if you add up everything I found in all my worlds (15 of them). I also have a large assortment of Bonus Medals, Eggs, Product Bags, Green/Red/Blue Letters.... and those damn Potions of Uselessness. But yes, it is possible to get a Very Rare item from the Free duel.

I understand that the Potions may be useful for the lower levels... but there are so many people at level 120 and holding that it really doesn't make sense to have that as an item you can win in the Easter Showdown. Maybe the devs should have made the Potions only available to those below level 50... or 100...?

As for the other discussion going on regarding the "Pay to Win" imbalance... I've already said it many times before that the gap between the "Haves" and "Have Nots" is growing wider every day. I used to buy the Character Premium... I stopped when they added the ability to buy skills in w11 and w12. I have never thought it was a good idea... in any game. The Premiums for Character/Income/Energy/Automation only lasted for 14 days. The Skills that were purchased were permanent. I know I wasn't the only one who stopped buying Premiums then... and I know a lot of folks that have left the game since then who got tired of the imbalance. And there were obviously a lot more that I didn't know who also left... Can't say for sure it was because of the imbalance or not, but 80% drop in players is a huge amount. I also know of one person who returned to The West post v2 and hated it... They said this was no longer the game they loved. They left The West again.

I think the Devs need to start listening to the Players who have given many suggestions and feedback... We were ignored in Beta before v2 hit... I for one haven't been as vocal lately because I figure it falls on blind eyes anyways... So why waste my time trying to point out an issue?

Hmmm... So why am I posting again? I guess I still care about the peeps in this game.
:unsure:

DeletedUser16008

Ive had x 5 potions and they are no use to me either but thats the roll of the dice. I could have ended up with other useless things too.

Look at it another way, you can pick up excellent stuff on a free roll, now you tell me when thats ever been as cool for 0 expense ?

This time, for once you can get far more for nothing than ever before and people are still comlaining about a potion that isnt much use ?

Come on people your lucky they made excellent drops possible for free at all, quit the focus on trying to find a problem and accept no one is complaining about getting lots of good stuff for nothing which more than offsets a potion that isnt useful to a lvl 120. ;)

DeletedUser23201

question about the potion,
is it a % of the total exp to the next lvl or a % of the remaining exp to the next lvl?? :huh:

HelenBack

Come on people your lucky they made excellent drops possible for free at all, quit the focus on trying to find a problem and accept no one is complaining about getting lots of good stuff for nothing which more than offsets a potion that isnt useful to a lvl 120. ;)

Over all my worlds I probably have more than a dozen of those potions... The main issue I have with them (and I believe everyone else has) is that I can't even sell them to the Trader. So I could hold on to them in the hopes that Inno will raise the max level again... Or just use them to get them out of my Inventory... Or leave them and just let the virtual dust layer on them in my Inventory. Even the Eggs we don't want to use could be sold to someone else or the Trader. At least that's something.
:rolleyes:

It's a percentage of total exp to the next level.
BTW... apparently 1% of infinity is 433 XP.

Last edited:

DeletedUser16008

I have plenty of duff stuff I cannot get rid of, I have enough rubbish from xmas after xmas such as crackers potions just use it store it away do whatever, just saying for once this tombola has given me lot of good stuff for free vs a potion. If it were as valuable to sell to the trader as eggs I hardly think that i would notice a few hundred bucks anymore than a few hundred xp points. So I got sozzled on mine :D

Im not even bothered they are useless to me bar a few xp points when im getting free stuff that more than offests it. For a change when all is balanced im well up on good free stuff vs a few potions and if i wernt lvl 120 id be over the moon.

Last edited by a moderator:

HelenBack

Oh I'm happy about all the stuff I did get... Just curious as to why they had introduced a potion that was useless to level 120s.

BTW... Just to clarify... This ends on April 15th... Is that up to 11:59pm April 14th or at the end of April 15th?

DeletedUser15641

I wonder, the global means for the whole .net or just worlds?

if so, may I ask on how it works?