The Duel Showdown

DeletedUser

as long as both ways single and multiple is possible it is great so caters for both types of players (team and loners) if it is only multiples some people will stop playing

DeletedUser22685

as long as both ways single and multiple is possible it is great so caters for both types of players (team and loners) if it is only multiples some people will stop playing

That's what normal duels are for, right?

Ripwise

I like the idea, it is verry vell thought and graphics give an idea how it would look like. It needs some tweaking but in general everything is here. Count me in if we are gonna vote on this.

DeletedUser34194

Overall I love this idea! Couple questions though. 1.Would/should it cost the attacking town like initiating a FF, and how much? 2. What if the town being attacked just doesn't defend? FF is something that players of similar interest must sign up for and go to the fort to participate. In this case you may be bringing an unwanted or un-looked for challenge literally to their front door and some towns may just not have the type of players needed to defend so will decide it's better to just not show up.

Perhaps give towns the option to register a posse for their town (like ownership in a fort), then you could only initiate a challenge against towns that have a posse. Having a posse would also contribute to town standings.

1Big Chief

1.Would/should it cost the attacking town like initiating a FF, and how much?
It should cost something.. to control it before 1 town with Derek in it (Enclave World 1) that use 'cheap narcotics/tactics' :laugh: & think its funny to initiate 20 duel challenges & show up at 2 ?
Yes.. there should be a cost..and it MUST climb if same town keeps starting new ones all day
But I think it best to leave that up to the Devs to decide the cost & penalties

2. What if the town being attacked just doesn't defend? FF is something that players of similar interest must sign up for and go to the fort to participate. In this case you may be bringing an unwanted or un-looked for challenge literally to their front door and some towns may just not have the type of players needed to defend so will decide it's better to just not show up.
If you are in an alliance.. I would hope the duelers in that alliance will show up & help

I do strongly believe that with the ego's of Duelers.. they mostly would be attacking other dueling towns to prove they are better .. I hope :D
But you are always going to get the looney/backwards player that thinks his chaotic way is best.. yes - - - - - (dasher w1) :laugh:

It's not a perfect world.. Fort Fights took some tweaking till decent.. this will be no different ;)

Perhaps give towns the option to register a posse for their town (like ownership in a fort), then you could only initiate a challenge against towns that have a posse. Having a posse would also contribute to town standings.
That could be possible.. but probably also left to the Devs to decide & implement
Though I think its too much control... IMO.. as its the West.. there has to be some Chaos :D
But I am one that hates bullies/cowards picking on defenseless players.. really pitiful.. so we'll see

DeletedUser16628

Nice well thought out idea.Could use some excitement real soon.Excellent work & good luck.+1

DeletedUser

Oh - I like that you mentioned some sort of a 'multi' idea. Would it be the case that multi's would be allowed? as in you go ahead and initiate a showdown on a town and then a timer appears? If this is allowed then I don't want the whole WFA approach of dig a million battles a day and none end up being good.

Another issue i have is with the KOs. Some people wont like the idea of getting their entire town duelled and thus 8 players of the town are down to 0 hp, especially if there is an upcoming FF or whatever and they're trying to run to that FF. Sorry just throwing out random thoughts.

However i do love the idea of posting sheriff stars (not that i'd get many)

Last, one more thing i'd like to address. Would there be a DL for this as well? Duelling level stops duellers from hitting those who do not duel or are not very good at it and subsequently do not win many - keeping their DL low. How would this or would it even be included in these battles?

1Big Chief

Oh - I like that you mentioned some sort of a 'multi' idea. Would it be the case that multi's would be allowed? as in you go ahead and initiate a showdown on a town and then a timer appears? If this is allowed then I don't want the whole WFA approach of dig a million battles a day and none end up being good.
Just like Fort Fights, multi's (fake battles) is frowned upon, those doing them get no reward & discouraged doing multi's
As mentioned previously... the more a town digs duels against other towns in the same 24hr period... extreme cash penalties should deter them

Another issue i have is with the KOs. Some people wont like the idea of getting their entire town duelled and thus 8 players of the town are down to 0 hp, especially if there is an upcoming FF or whatever and they're trying to run to that FF. Sorry just throwing out random thoughts.

However i do love the idea of posting sheriff stars (not that i'd get many)
If implemented, the new west will have those that Fort Fight & those that will Duel in Town Shootouts
Then you will have those that will want to do both - these guys need to juggle their jobs
The experience from doing both will be awesome -not to mention Inno gaining from those requiring to Buy HP, Turtle Juice/nugget shortening travels.. often
The big towns, even with one I am in - WorldUsers, great fort fighters & duelers, shouldn't worry that they will lose forts because of duelers having no HP to help fight
Rules can't be to favor one group/town over others, but I'm sure there will balance in the end.. after the initial storm
Another example to mention, is that even a good dueler friend of mine couldn't enter WorldUsers with me, because there were enough Duelers in the town
While that was a fair comment, what was this young dueler to do ? He wanted to enter the Fort Fight fraternity but the big town didn't need him.. nor would he be selected if his HP was too low trying to get into the battle

The more I think about it.. the more this 'Duel Showdown' is going to balance the happiness of worlds
Fun won't be Fort Fighters alone, and those that generally don't get in, will be able to have their own fun in Showdowns

Last, one more thing i'd like to address. Would there be a DL for this as well? Duelling level stops duellers from hitting those who do not duel or are not very good at it and subsequently do not win many - keeping their DL low. How would this or would it even be included in these battles?
That is something I spoke about in a few posts back.. but initially DL was irrelevant.. as there would always be 'kids' around
But.. later on I suggested a weapon restriction (in previous posts), if a lower level wants to have a challenge & HE initiates, the weapon limit is only as high as the level of the Gun he initiated with
And if others think that is unfair and want to use Howdahs.. then initiate your own battles ? No Limit - easy

And lastly... before anyone asks if dueling experience will be gained from this - yes, just as in any duel (also making Devs jobs easier - no new formula)
If you are a 0-Motivational dueler, you won't get duel xp - but you will still get player xp - just as in current duels

Keep the problem & improvement suggestions flowing ;)

DeletedUser

1Big Chief said:
And lastly... before anyone asks if dueling experience will be gained from this - yes, just as in any duel (also making Devs jobs easier - no new formula)
If you are a 0-Motivational dueler, you won't get duel xp - but you will still get player xp - just as in current duels

Brilliant! Should help some of those people who want to be 0 moti while levelling up! I really am starting to love this idea, thanks for the effort you've put into it BC :) I'll be sticking around to evaluate and hopefully throw around some questions to help this idea along.

DeletedUser30224

Just as in Fort Fights .. people from this towns alliance should come help.. getting strongest defense combinations
It could be a downer if no one comes to help.. but as its happens in fort fights too.. some things can't be helped

Lets just hope that people intent on calling false attacks get severely punished by the rest :D

I knew I read it somewhere, but in the morning when I was trying to find it, I couldn't anymore. Sorry for that. As for the idea as it stands, I was reading all posts, or hopefully all, and can only say that I like what I see and will support it if you take out the destroying buildings and town treasury loot. I see that as exploit and frankly, the Idea will not suffer almost a bit if you remove that. It is still a solid activity, people will surely participate, great stuff.

1Big Chief

Yes.. its not such an issue on Raiding the Town Bank by even 1%
If the Devs let the players gain good Bonds, Player XP & Dueling XP.. then we don't need the Bank
If the System gave 1% of the money based on the Towns Banks, but not deduct from that Bank.. that would be awesome
But if you think about it.. they won't be that generous :D

DeletedUser

As many have implied, steal from the bank or building destruction and I vote No. Without it I don't have much personal interest in it, but I'd probably still vote Yes.

DeletedUser19518

Is Great idea 1BC. But I will agree with:
As many have implied, steal from the bank or building destruction and I vote No. Without it I don't have much personal interest in it, but I'd probably still vote Yes.

DeletedUser

pfft, who cares what you vote? Hehe, jokes! I surprisingly do care what you think - I find what you think to be good usually very logical and thought out.

And great way to get duellers more excited about what they do with the extra bond incentive - however this may end FFs if too appealing and everyone ventures away from forts for this... :p

1Big Chief

Seems to be a general consensus .. no Bank Raid or Building damage.. but its not in stone
I would hardly believe that the Devs will take every idea & point in here to completion (if accepted)
But I'm surprised if even 1% bank deduction could bother anyone every 48hrs.. if ever
And also that if the town had to receive damage.. I doubt a "broken window, hole in door or wall" should be any more than even 1 % damage ? Can't be hard to fix.. 1 hr ?

As for the 1st Mod here Elmyr.. none has answered my question if I'm allowed to adjust my original post.. such as cancelling an idea by consensus ?

And great way to get duellers more excited about what they do with the extra bond incentive - however this may end FFs if too appealing and everyone ventures away from forts for this... :p
I doubt it would come to that RED... people would use it to level faster .. using both.. if they are allowed
Besides.. wasn't this game originated by dueling.. then along came forts ? lol

My 1st wish is that with the new system.. FaceBook button posting from duels (for example) .. would be good .. and a whole new breed will come to the west
They just need to add the FaceBook posting button to this 'Duel Challenge' .. good advertising ;)

1Big Chief

Another thing I forgot to mention.. is that anyone will/should be able to View the Duel Challenge
Even if they are not signed in.. just as in Fort Fights.. but can't follow the challenge chat (as usual)
Also.. if anyone wants to.. they can always use the other in-game chats ;)

DeletedUser

GREAT IDEA. Maybe have it so the winners get free hotel and banking at that town for a certain amount of time in place of 12c.
GREAT IDEA on town and fort damage as well. Not a bunch of damage but just enough to give the workers and builders something to do once town is fully built.
I also think the towns should have to be a certain size and member count to even attack or get attacked, this would keep it fair for smaller, newer towns to grow and not just be shut down by much bigger towns and alliances.