The Doors of Infinity

DeletedUser

"Aurrgh!" Lee cried out as he watched his two guards get obliterated. Zircog was a hard nut to crack. Knowing they were behind him and he was in no position to oppose the Zircog soldiers Lee kicked the girl in the back and rushed into the crowd that was starting to panic at the sight of two men being blown away. It was a quick dash into the embassy and Lee presumed himself safe. A young woman at the front desk looked at him oddly. Lee could care less, he'd beem foiled again.

DeletedUser28032

Harriet lay on the path confused and disorientated, it had all happened so fast. she'd been jumped by three men, Chinese judging by the mans accent however no sooner had this happened the saucer had fired, the air had been saturated with the stench of burning flesh moments before being splashed with gore.
Scrambling from off the floor Harriet searched for the man that had kicked her only to discover he'd dissapeared into the crowd, she had to get out of here.
"You there Stop!" looking over her blood stained shoulder Harriet watch as three more Chinese agents, no doubt sent to cut her off came towards her. Diving down a nearby alley Harriet fled as fast as she could What have i done to upset the Chinese? She thought frantically to herself as she ran.
The dead end loomed up ahead like an oncoming train, she was trapped. "Put your hands up or we will shoot" the man barked in badly accented English. There were three of them, two men and woman all of them were carrying assault rifles, Harriet only had a .38 revolver. Harriet's mind quickly worked out the odds on her side was; suprise, superior marksmanship and the fact they wanted her alive meanwhile they had superior firepower and numbers the odds weren't good but...what the hell you only live once.
Ripping the revolver from behind her back Harriet fired rapidly and expertly at the Chinese gunmen. The first round finding its mark in the nearest mans skull another nicking the ear of the other throwing his aim wide.
Deafened by close range automatic fire, Harriet dived for cover firing two rounds into the mans chest but not before receiving a bullet of her own to the leg.
Grasping her leg Harriet watched as the bandages covering her broken fingers began to turn red This doesn't look good...looks like Dirty Harry's gonna bleed out the voice in her head cackled, grimacing with pain Harriet didn't see the woman approach until it was too late.
With Harriet firmly in her sights the girl took careful aim and pulled the trigger....Nothing. "Looks like someone forgot the safety?" Harriet smirked as she slowly raised the revolver. "Now drop the gun before I drop you" reluctantly the agent dropped the weapon, she knew she was beaten "Now you going to dress my leg...and then your going to give me your clothes" Despite the extreme pain she was feeling Harriet couldn't help but smile, things were starting to look up.

DeletedUser

Lee limped through the building lost, what was he to do? He saw an exit door. Waving him away he stumbled out the door and wandered into a dead end side alley. He turned looking at the dead end; dumpsters, trashcans, the usual back alley detritus, and a woman. She was finishing buttoning her jacket, something Lee thought to be odd. He shouted down the alley to her, "What are you doing out here? Get in the embassy right now you lazy scum. Do you think you're paid for smoking breaks?"

DeletedUser28032

Harriet's leg was pure agony, her vision swam wildly in and out of focus when she tried to put her weight on it, thankfully the female agent, now knocked out behind one of the dumpsters had been wearing trousers and not a skirt.
"What are you doing out here? Get in the embassy right now you lazy scum. Do you think you're paid for smoking breaks?" Harriet froze upon hearing the voice, her hadns still in the process of doing up her jacket what the hell do I do now? he's seen me. Harriet had thrown the empty .38 away and the agents automatic was inside her jacket to reach for it would achieve nothing but a bullet to the head. putting on the sunglasses Harriet did the only thing she could do and entered the Chinese embassy.
The sound of the fire door closing behind her was like a death knell, she was trapped in a building full of armed guards, her fingers were broken, her leg was bleeding and worst of all she was very blonde and caucasian they'd spot her as a fake a mile away she needed to get out of her.
Harriet started to walk towards the front door as calmly as she could Just walk out of the door, you have her keycard you can get out of this just don't make eye contact and don't draw attention to yourself.
Harriets heart began to pound in her chest as she began to walk...Well...Limp towards the exit, she needed to get out of here, she needed to find a doctor, Hell a vet would do anyone who could stop the pain in her leg she was starting to regret fleeing the ship, at least there she could have found some painkillers.

DeletedUser

"Lazy," Lee muttered under his breath as he watched the aide limp away and enter the building. She had been a little disheveled looking though... Perhaps Lee could find a John hiding behind a dumpster. After all he was pretty angry and he might as well beat it out of some stupid American who paid for such services. Surely the embassy's employees didn't get so little pay they needed to resort to that, did they? And in a back alley no less. Lee stalked towards the dumpsters. He glanced around.

There was some fresh blood on one of the dumpsters, that was odd he looked around the corner of it. There was a woman, apparently stripped naked with a pile of clothing on top of her. She didn't look like an- No she must be an embassy employee. Then it struck Lee, the woman taking the smoking brake. She must be that woman he'd chased into this part of town and he'd let her walk past. He burst back into the building running and searching, she needed an exit. But, she didn't know the building so she'd probably head for the front. As Lee ran for the entrance he searched carefully for a disheveled woman moving slowly. Then as a copier machine was moving across the hall he spotted her just a meter ahead of it. "STOP!" He yelled and brutally knocked aside the copying machine and ran towards the woman while pulling his gun out. This time she wouldn't escape.

DeletedUser28032

"Stop!" Harriet turned just in time to see a man knock a copying machine over as he charged towards her, gun in hand. Turning around quickly she tried to make a run for the exit only to collapse in a heap after three steps, she screamed in agony as something in her already badly injured leg seemed to rip, blood rapidly started to pool onto the embassies dark blue carpet. Thats my blood...I am going to bleed out she thought to herself, her vision swam uncontrollably her eyes no longer capable of focussing on anything.
She felt a set of hands rip open her stolen jacket in search of the gun she was carrying, yet it seemed like it was someone else they were searching now like she was watching a rather bad cop program. A voice shouted something at the gathering crowd, although she couldn't tell what was being said or even what language it was said in everything seemed so...distant.
I am dying, I am going to die the thought ran around her head in a constant loop, her vision had now completley gone all she could see was a grey blur she could feel herself smiling weakly at the irony of it all, the one that got away had finally been caught by nation that wasn't even after her.
A single thought entered Harriets mind before she completely blacked out...last words so to speak although for the life of her she couldn't think why? after all of all the things to enter your mind as you lay dying this wasn't one of them, surely your last words were supposed to be poetic? in the rapidly closing darkness she saw the boy, she knew it would be him, it was always going to be him, through dry, blood drained lips she whispered to the boy who sat before, the boy she had killed all those years ago in a diner just off the A1 in a robbery gone horribly wrong. "Sorry... I should have shouted first"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Lee watched as the woman's leg, what was left of it pitifully distinegrated and gushed bllood as he ran towards her. She passed out. Several of the embassy's employees were looking cautiously at the scene. "What are you idiots waiting for! Get a doctor and get this woman off the floor!" A few male employees came forward and akwardly lifted up the woman, bringing her to the embassy's medical ward.

Lee sat in his office. It had been four hours since the woman had collapsed on the floor. He had given an order that all those present in the building were not to leave under any circumstances. He also had requested the doctors find Zircog's tracking chip. He was waiting for a report when an aide burst in, "Sir! She's stabilized though she's still in critical condition." "Did they find the chip?" "Removed and destroyed sir." "Good, Zircog shall not interfere in my plans again. By the way, is she talking?" "She's still in a daze sir, the doctors don't reccomend it." "No, I will go anyway, perhaps she will be easily persuaded."

Lee entered the medical ward and was shown to the girl's bed there was a great deal of equipment hooked up to her, but the doctors assured him she'd pull through. He sat in a swivel chair by the side of the bed and started speaking,"It looks like you've lost a lot of blood haven't you?" There was no response, "Not to worry you are recieving the finest medical care possible you will pull through. Once you are healthy we will allow you to be free and happy. You are free, you know. Zircog no longer knows where you are and you'll be free to do as you please. We will even provide you with funds or even an alternate identitity if you wish. Yes, the people of China and its colonies are happy to help you, we merely ask for one thing in return. Perhaps you remember that villanous man from Grit? Your comerades removed several documents from his office and we would like them. We would truly appreciate your help in getting them."

DeletedUser28032

Oxygen rythmically pumped its way into Harriet's lungs leaving a stale plastic taste in her mouth, she was alive whether or not that was a good thing was yet to be revealed. She felt washed out and drained, her leg was numb to the point of non-existence what have they done to me?
Above her a voice rumbled on, the words completely meaningless to her as she drifted slowly out from the dark depths of unconciousness.
Her eyes fluttered open to the harsh bright lights causing them to water involuntarily, turning her head she looked at the dark blur that was speaking to her, the words were beginning to make some sense now but not alot...Something about a new identity yeah got one already not that its done me much good no doubt a British policeman was on his way to arrest her whilst she lay helpless in bed, maybe prison wouldn't be so bad, they may even let her see Ricky one last time.
Gradually her eyes began to focus, the dark blur changing into the Chinese man from the lobby, she only caught the tail end of the one way conversation but it was clear to her what he wanted "....Perhaps you remember that villanous man from Grit? Your comerades removed several documents from his office and we would like them. We would truly appreciate your help in getting them."
She tried to smile but found the effort exhuasting, there was no way in hell that they would let back on that ship not after what she'd done.
She opened her mouth to answer the man only to find that the inside of her mouth had become dry and sticky making speech almost impossible, she'd never felt so thirsty before in her life "Water...Please.." she croaked barely audible above the machines all around her.

DeletedUser

The girl was asking for water, well it had been expected. Lee waved in a nurse with a glass and a pitcher of ice water. He dismissed her and poured the water. He smiled and handed it to the woman. He was a little impatient. But, felt he could wait.

DeletedUser

Jea sat in an evening gown with Chevy Walter in the New Colorado Govitorial Office. Well, some of her was in an evening gown. The rest was beautifully displayed. Chevy Walter was an enterprising, strong young man whom, because of will power as much as good looks, was the Governor of New Colorado. He was currently enterprising Jea's body; his hand on her waist, with several inches to go before he reached the edge of her dress.

Jea's enterprise was the sale of weapons: hardware and software. "I also have enough ammunition to supply you for a long time," she said, barely above a whisper.
"Well, that is good to know," said Chevy, "and with rounds of such destructive nature, nothing can stop us." Jea laughed.
"There is something else I have . . . ," Jea bent over to reach for a brief case. She held the position. Finally, she came back up with a few documents. "There are more where these came from," she said. Chevy glanced through them; his eyebrows raised. Jea had carefully only offered the ones which wouldn't overly alarm him; she didn't want to ruin the atmosphere of the evening. "I will definitely want to get these from you," said Chevy.
"Well, I am glad I could be of service," breathed Jea, "I think there is one other thing you might like to see." Jea smiled. Chevy locked the door.

DeletedUser28032

Harriet drank the ice cold water greedily nothing had ever tasted so good to her before. with her thirst quenched and the sticky feeling in her mouth gone, Harriet decided she was strong enough to talk to the man standing beside her bed "You want me to go back in order to retrieve some documents?" she asked somewhat perplexed it had taken alot of effort on her part to escape in the first place and now they wanted her to simply walk back so as to retrieve some paperwork.
"Jea's never going to let me back on her ship, not after what i've done and besides I am not going to be walking anywhere in a hurry" she said motioning to her leg with her broken fingers, she noted how the dressing had been changed whilst she'd been under.
"Besides more importantly why should I help you? it was your goons that did this to me, I owe you nothing" she said to the man her voice gradually rising as she grew more and more frustrated at her situation, she was trapped here and she didn't like it.

DeletedUser

"Did you kill anyone from your ship? As far as I know you didn't. In fact my men were the only casualties in this mess. I am sure that if anything, doesn't your company's protocol dictate that a rogue member from a crew is to be put in the ship's brig. If we get you in that ship it's all we need. We will just have to perform a little more surgery... And surgery, that's another thing, I reccomend that you do as we ask to recoup our costs. Otherwise we'll still let you free if you are not so kind as to grant us a favor. We may not be able to guarantee your past will not find you however... And when I say the past I'm not referring to your history with Zircog."

DeletedUser28032

Already considerably pale from the blood loss, Harriet turned a ghostly shade of white at the mention of her past so they do know about that then.
She frantically explored her options and found none that she liked "Ok i'll do as you ask" she replied her voice barely above a whisper, she had no choice but to let them patch her up and send her back to Jea, hopefully she wouldn't be shot on sight.

DeletedUser

Lee smiled, he had no idea who this woman really was. But, her reaction to a past before Zircog was quite satisfying in indicating she had something to hide. However, investigation was not required as she had agreed to go along with the plan. He indicated the surgeons back in who, after putting her to sleep, placed a very exact tracking chip in her.

Lee smiled at the girl as they neared the pier where the Zircog ship was docked. "Go now girl, whatever happens we'll find you." The door was opened and she was shoved out by one of the bodyguards. As the girl approached the ship Lee got a call.

"We have completed set up sir." "Are they-" "All weapons are zeroed in." "Good, make sure you have a lock at all times..."