The Debate Thread

DeletedUser

Just for a rather humourless laugh, JM.

But as we already have a thread on evolution, Virginia, let's deal with this instead...

No, Allen. I don't want anybody to go to hell. It really does make me cry sometimes... (and don't tell anyone I said that!)

Then give it up! Come over to the happy side! Where people aren't judged for no reason!

You don't have to give up Christianity, but you have to give up your racist god!

...then I'd have to throw out the Bible, and I just can't do that....

You could get one without the propaganda. It would say what the Bible is actually meant to say.

I'd say that you just have to stop giving so much weight to particular pieces of text and instead pay closer attention to the teachings of Jesus.

If you are saved by believing in Jesus alone, possessing judgemental attitudes about everyone's else's sins is obviously not required. In fact, you are repeatedly instructed not to have them.

You guys are like Martha fussing in the kitchen and being bothered about all these trivial things (in this case, what everyone else is doing instead of looking to the health of your own "souls"). If everyone is imperfect, nobody's imperfections are any worse than your own and spending time pointing out who "deserves" hell/execution and who doesn't and why is just hatefulness and schadenfreude. There is no other possible motivation for it and it is clearly written in your bible that it is a "sin" of your own to do so.

If you believe certain behaviours are harmful, saying so to a specific person in their specific context in order to help them is perfectly reasonable.

However, spewing condemnation of people whom you know nothing about for no purpose whatsoever (except the insidious one of making yourself seem better than them) is simply bigotry and pride.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like Oisin more than you. lol

If everyone is imperfect, nobody's imperfections are any worse than your own and spending time pointing out who is "deserves" hell/execution and who is doesn't and why is just hatefulness and schadenfreude

I already said I deserve to burn in hell forever. I already said my sin is as bad as Hitler's. Vio, Vio...

DeletedUser

I already said I deserve to burn in hell forever. I already said my sin is as bad as Hitler's. Vio, Vio...

This is the most stupid thing I think I've ever seen you write.
A very select few, if anyone do, least of all you.

Commited genocide lately?
Didn't think so.

I refuse to belive you have been such an atrocious human beeing that eternal punishment would be just.

DeletedUser

...how sweet of you...lol

but, no, I've been a bad, bad, girl...

I'll ask again:
Commited genocide lately?

Nope, didn't think so.

Eternal punishment is unjust, whatever harm was done, or crime was commited.

DeletedUser

I know that you've said that. My point is... therefore "spending time pointing out who "deserves" hell/execution and who doesn't and why is just hatefulness and schadenfreude "

DeletedUser

I said we all deserve hell. Now stop debating with me and get along. I don't feel like arguing tonight.

DeletedUser

I said we all deserve hell. Now stop debating with me and get along. I don't feel like arguing tonight.

What's to argue about? I just would like you to explain why, as "everyone deserves hell", your religion spends so much time pointing out particular groups (which you aren't in) who deserve hell.

Asking you to begin to recognise the hypocrisy and mean-spiritedness and pride of that (or in your terms, the "sinfulness" of that) is not a debate or an argument.

DeletedUser

Personally, I always thought that hell sounded more appealing - warmer, wanton copulation and fornication, little chaps with tridents etc etc. What's not to like....?

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Well if if god thorught being without him was enough hell would be great, but it's not good enough; so they tell us about torture etc in gods punishment now.

Israels punishments are the best though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq46QNmzvw8

All this because god wasn't perfect enough to make us right.

DeletedUser

I could do with a facial peel. Get rid of any oily detritius. I didn't realise they did facials in hell....;o

DeletedUser

And the debating has gone a looong way sine last night..LOL..

Hopefully the logical argument can withstand the emotional calling for a heated argument..:indian: