The Dark World: Ancient Egypt.

DeletedUser

Aapep followed them through the corridor ... He had arrived just as they were opening the door and had stayed hidden since.

He was not normally scared by other people but the man they called 'Aquila' frightened him, he stayed as much away from him as possible.

But at times it was as if the High Priest could sense him, he would look back and stare right through him, then turn away and continue walking.

DeletedUser

Galipus looked at the most beatiful walls of the tunnel.'These Romans are fiends to be defiling these most magnificent tunnels' Galipus thought as he followed quickly after the rest.Galipus stared at the inscription on a wall."He who passes this wall is to be the great one.All but the great one will be changed as they pass" Galipus read as he said it out loud.

DeletedUser14280

Gale turned around to look at Galipus, "Say what? That wasn't here when I came here last."
"It's right here, Gale."
"Let me look."
Gale shifted over to the wall with the inscription on it, raised a glowing hand, and stared at the wall carefully.
After a minute, he lowered his hand and said "I was right. This wasn't here before. Someone beat us here."
"But who?" one of the others piped up.
"That's what we don't know. At a guess, I'd say that the portal to the dark world is nearby."

A few minutes later...
"This door is stuck." Gaius annouced.
"Here, let me try." Aquila said.
BANG!
"Wow."
"Amazing."
"What the heck?"
The party had smashed through into an enormous room, which bore resemblance to some kind of temple.
Great carved snakes twisted around pillars, their appearance convincingly realistic, before leading to an enormous statue of a feathered serpent.
"What...what the heck is this room? It wasn't in the pyramid before..." Gale mumbled.
Galipus started to say something, but Aquila interrupted with "Look down there."
At the end of the room, opposite the serpent statue, was something resembling a thick puddle of water on the wall.
Flashes of lightning occasionally flickered across the surface of the puddle, and inside it could be seen a twisted reflection of the room.
"I think that might be the gate we're looking for..."

DeletedUser13682

"Just think of how angry we are when you Aegyptians come and invade Roma," Marius said to the priest. "Defiling our temples, desecrating our houses, we only tolerate it because you guys got conquered by Alexander." After that, Marius decided to stay quiet for awhile, until he came to a door, which was, as was usual in Aegyptia, locked. "This door is stuck," Marius stated simply, which was apparently a cue for Aquila to open the door, with apparent ease. "Good man, Aquila! Bonus for you later, once we get out of here." The door opened up into what seemed like a giant temple. "Sure, it's impressive, but I've seen better, even in Thebes." What caught the eye of Marius though, wasn't the serpentlike figures, wasn't the feathered serpent, but the reflecting pool of lightning. "A gate, eh? I doubt it's more than a puddle, made to look cool by the Aegyptian magic. I'll prove it to you." And with that, Marius jumped into the pool.

DeletedUser14280

(If I might break character for a moment:

Johann, MoW's character (Galipus) didn't say a word about the Romans out loud, he thought it.
And the puddle's on the wall, like a door.

Macky, your character had a prophetic dream involving a snake, right?
I threw in the whole "serpent shrine" thing for your character, so go wild.)

The rest of the party watched Marius Gaius run boldly at the puddle on the wall.
When he neared it, he started fading from view until he became completely invisible.
The only sign he had entered the puddle was a big ripple coursing through the substance.

Gale sighed, "I thought so."
"Thought what?" one of his team asked.
Gale began to stride forwards, speaking as he went.
"It is a portal, to the dark world. Judging by its appearance, it leads to a mirrored version of this room."
He paused, "Well, actually, it's probably not mirrored at all, the portal here just...nevermind."
He continued walking, "However, I know what happened to Gaius.
With this kind of teleportal, you fade away as you approach it, and reappear on the other side once you've made enough distance.
Basically, you don't actually enter the portal at all, you just perceive yourself as doing so. With me so far?"
Everyone in the party shrugged.
"Yeah, I know, it's confusing. It took me ages to get it when Lasinus explained it to me.
Suffice to say, we can safely enter this portal."

"Now, who wants to go first? After Gaius, I mean.
...Nobody? I'll go first then."
Gale continued striding towards the portal.
As he neared it, he felt no difference in himself, but he knew he must be disappearing.
Upon reaching the portal, he stepped through (or perhaps just thought about it), and felt...no change whatsoever.
However, everyone was gone, save for Gaius, who had reappeared some distance away in the form of...
"How can you find so many ways to annoy me, Roman?" Gale muttered. "You look like the good god Horus."
As Gale walked forward, he began to reform, into a monstrous demon with skin of stone.
On his back, a complex tattoo blazed brightly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

(I added a bit of drama)

"There's another inscription over here" Galipus said as walked over to small tablet."The gate is only one-way.Another is to be opened to be free of darkness".'This means this is the way in.And there's another way out' Galipus thought.He just saw them enter when he shouted "DON'T GO IN!THAT'S THE ONLY WAY IN.THE WAY OUT IS SOMEWHERE ELSE!".Galipus used his lightning power to zap the serpent shire to close the gate before anyone went in.His powers bounced off it uselessly."Oh no!" Galipus muttered as the Serpent became alive."This is not a good sign"

DeletedUser

Aapep decided to run ahead of the rest... the light faded the further away from the group he went until it was pitch black...

He ran along the tunnel until he reached a dead end.. It was another locked door, he placed his hands on it and he suddenly felt them burning ... he writhed on the floor in pain, but as it died down the door creaked open and there was a glimmer of light, it was coming from a round gem on a stone alter... as he picked it up the whole room burst into light and the doors closed again. It wasn't just a room but some sort of temple with snakes painted and scratched onto everything.

But one snake stood out the most, it was huge, its mouth open and tongue sticking out. It almost looked real but it was in stone... 'No, it couldnt be' thought Aapep in his head, but it was, that snake was the snake from his dreams!

He walked over to it, then suddenly from the other side of the door he heard voices, the others had caught up with him, he had completely forgotten about them. He pocketed the glowing gem, ducked behind the alter and sat completely still , listening to what they were saying.

They talked about something he hadn't seen before it was some sort of door, but of a glimmering liquid like water. The Roman General was the first to jump in, before getting a warning about the door from the high priest who tried to destroy the shire from which the Giant snake was... It came alive and hissed at Galipus, he tried to use his lightning on the snake but it didn't work...

DeletedUser

Galipus gulped as the snake grew higher and wider."This is dark magic work" Galipus managed to say before the snake tried to bite him in leg.Galipus stepped away gracefully and attacked the snake with so much expertise and skill the snake rose so high it touched the top of the chamber.It struck down for a man near the gate."This will not happen!" Galipus roared and stuck the snake on the head and spun the staff around which hit the snake in the face causing some blood to pour down.

DeletedUser

Aapep watched as they both fought, every time the high priest would attack the giant snake, he felt the gem vibrate and pulse with energy.... ''this must be giving the snake its power!'' he thought to himself.

The snake slithered past him... Aapep was now invisible to the rest of the group.
He reached out and touched the strong leathery scales of the snake, He saw Galipus mouth drop... nothing seemed different to Aapep but he saw Galipus looking around everywhere as if the snake was invisible aswell... he had never known he could make other things disappear, he couldn't.

The Snake slithered away and wraped it's body around a pillar in the temple, obviously Galipus didn't see because he was still looking around wildly...
After a minute he calmed and said something to the rest of the group.

DeletedUser13682

Marius looked over to the voice of Gale. "What, me? Looking like Horus? You must be dense or something." Marius looked down, to confirm that he was human, but all that he saw was feathers coming out of his armor. "Ow, well I guess I am a bird then." He looked over to Gale. "You don't look too good yourself. You look like one of the Palestinian demons. Come on, let's go." Marius walked over to the gate, and tried to walk through it, but, he was stopped by some unknown force. "Great. We're stuck here. I knew I should've send one of you Aegyptians through here first. Gale, what do you know about this thing? And do you know how we can get out?"

DeletedUser14280

Gale walked up, not fading away this time, and tapped the gate, but it was solid as rock.
"I'm not interested in getting out yet, actually. We came to get the Scorpius Rod, and we know that it's somewhere in the Dark World." he said.
"So, we look for the Rod, and in the meantime find an exit."
Gaius started to argue something, but was interrupted by a voice behind the two of them.
"You seek the Scorpius Rod, Egyptians?"
Gale and Gaius turned around. Behind them, a lion, a gigantic lion, was staring patiently at the two of them.

"I ask you again, do you seek the Scorpius Rod?" the lion said.
"Um. Er...yes. Yes we do." Gale said after some time.
"It is not to be found within my domain. After being seized by Sibun, it was moved from this pyramid to a citadel far off in the desert."
"Damn it!" Gale growled. "But who are you?"
The lion rose gracefully, "You may call me Minas. And we should be going."
"Why?" Gaius asked.
"You have no more business here for the time being, and your friends may need some help. Did you notice that they've encountered a giant snake?"

(Minas is a good guy. His form is that of a normal sized lion in the Light World.)

DeletedUser

Galipus fell to his knees exhausted after the fight."This was not an accident.This was a trap.But who made it?" Galipus asked himself as got up using his staff."There is one thing to do.Stop this gate from ever being used.It's too evil" Galipus aimed three fingers at the pieces which created the gate.He released his energy and saw the gate explode from the energy.

DeletedUser

Aapep watched as the High priest cast a spell at the gate... everything went white , he couldn't see, the energy was consuming the whole room. He crawled blindly along the room. The other people made a dash for the door.

First the pillars came crashing down, then the ceiling, Aapep was stuck under the rumble. The bright light of energy dimmed down. The alter had cracked in two, the giant snake had disappeared. Aapep's legs were cut and sore, he thought his right leg was broken. It was too painful to walk so he had to drag himself along. He made his way to the alter, it had split in two, he could not believe his eyes, under the alter was a passage, he wasn't sure where it led to but he decided it would be better than here. He jumper down the passage and slid down a long steep hole... when he reached the bottom he felt a thud against his head, everything went black...

DeletedUser14280

"So, this is the gate outside?" Gaius asked.
"I believe so. Unlike the other, it's two way...I think." Minas replied.
"The question is, how do we make it through the pyramid when we get back to the light world?" Gale pondered out loud.
Minas thought for a few seconds, than said "I may know a way...if your light world reflects mine closely enough."
"Okay, if you say so, but we have to be going, kind've nowish."
"Don't forget, I could still eat you."
"No you couldn't. I'm made of stone right now, and Gaius has feathers."

Gaius watched this exchange, then seized the two of them by their forearm/foreleg and dragged them towards the portal.
Unlike before, they didn't disappear as they approached; they simply stepped through and, in a flash of light, transformed back to normal, before reappearing in the Light World.

"It's a pity. I didn't get to try out my wings." Gale said.
"You were made out of stone; I'd've had a better chance flying." muttered Gaius.
A growl sounded behind them. Gale and Gaius turned around to see Minas, except that he was just a normal lion now.
By the sound of it, he was somewhat displeased with his being downsized.
"Um, problem. How's he going to show us that way out now?" Gale asked.
"I think he can still understand us." Gaius answered.
Kneeling down, he addressed the lion, "Hey, Minas, can you understand me? 2 meows for yes."
"Mew, mew."

DeletedUser13682

"HAHA!!! He can! Alright Minas. I want you to show me the way!" Minas the regular, except smarter than the average lion, lion, started walking toward an arch that seemed kind of familiar to Marius. "Gale, haven't we been here before?" He shrugged, and kept on walking, Marius following. Eventually, they got to the place where they had originally entered the pyramid at. "I don't think this is the right way. Minas, isn't there another way out?" Minas mewed once, obviously for no. "Great. Gale, can't you contact that one guy that you left outside, and get us out of here?"