The Brain Farts - Brainstorm of ideas here

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
The real win would be new players in towns with cathedrals could do their leveling construction in the same town, not have to go travel to sister towns with smaller churches

Goober Pyle

The West Team
btw, another potential incentive for mass-leveling the stores is the technical feasibility of adding "shiny" gear to them.

e.g. the quotient mod the max could be the level of gear where shiny's are added to the pool of possible items.

so at level 400 for gunshop (max 20):
400 mod 20 = 0 (quotient 20). 20 mod 20 = 0
when modulus is zero the max level gets replace, so the level 20 items get replaced. because the quotient mod 20 is 0 level 20 items include the shinys so you have a chance at landing Buckshot Robert's modified Winchester (your next chance will be at level 800)

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Thoughts?:

A possible easy dev-level tweak would be to cap the number of towns in an alliance.

Combined with town-size limits and fort member limits this would
1) effectively cap the number of players who are restricted to joining defense.
2) strongly incentivize people to give up their one-man towns and join town-level communities

The logistical headache will be a need for “teamed-alliance members” to join a custom chat-room (which has its own limits, but that could also be tweaked)

Caerdwyn

1) effectively cap the number of players who are restricted to joining defense.

Too loose a cap, like say 50, to match the number of people in a town, doesn't change anything. Too restrictive a cap, like say 5, to make a 250 person alliance the maximum size, robs towns who are in their autumn or winter cycles of their history by forcing them to give up their town name and badge.

2) strongly incentivize people to give up their one-man towns and join town-level communities

People who want to play with the group should have already left towns which have dwindled to one-man. The only reason to stay is to be the placeholder for the return of departed members who want to rebuild their glory days. If you never had "glory days", give it up.

Founding a one-man town and never being a good enough leader to draw a minimum of one of each craft to join you, indicates you are either uninterested or unlikeable.

Founding a one-man alliance is just [strikethrough]dumb[/strikethrough] perplexing.

Harriet Oleson

About the shop idea, it's true it could be good to have changes in towns : when everything is built it can be a bit boring for some players; and it's rather bothersome to feel stuck when we don't have in our shops what we are looking for. It could be good to have things to build regularly too. But as it is right now it incites a lot to do business with players if we don't have an item in our town, while with this new system, it could only incite to try our luck to get what we are looking for in our own town : instead of inciting exchanges between players in different towns, it could make towns more secluded. It can even be bothersome if other town members build a lot the buildings while other town members may want to keep their shops as they are.

I think it'd be better if there was building deterioration with time and the reset would happen only when the building level reaches 0 : from there, new items would be unlocked level after level while the building is built again, as if it was for the first time after creating a new town. This possibility would take place only if all town members don't build until the shop level goes down to 0. Otherwise, at every level down, previously unlocked items would be locked again and if players re-built before level 0 to increase back the level, no new items would appear : only previously locked items would re-appear. Like that it would make it more difficult than just building : construction gear are very good to the point a whole town can be fully built in a short time, so for some players "construction only" wouldn't represent a real difficulty at all. And on the contrary for others who don't have those good gear, it could become undoable if construction requirements were too high. Here, the difficulty would be to let the time to buildings to reach level 0 beforehand, and everything that it implies. I think it's very important a reset couldn't be so easy. And in any case, thanks to deteriorations players would always have things to build whether about other buildings, shops we don't want to reach level 0, or after a building has reached level 0.

I think if it was like that, the good points of the idea would be maintained, and the bad points I mentionned would be lowered. In any case, building deterioration with time was in an old roadmap, so the dev team is supposed to already be ok with that. I don't know why it hasn't been implemented though ... The only new thing here is the shop reset from level 0.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
About the shop idea, it's true it could be good to have changes in towns : when everything is built it can be a bit boring for some players; and it's rather bothersome to feel stuck when we don't have in our shops what we are looking for. It could be good to have things to build regularly too. But as it is right now it incites a lot to do business with players if we don't have an item in our town, while with this new system, it could only incite to try our luck to get what we are looking for in our own town : instead of inciting exchanges between players in different towns, it could make towns more secluded. It can even be bothersome if other town members build a lot the buildings while other town members may want to keep their shops as they are.

I think it'd be better if there was building deterioration with time and the reset would happen only when the building level reaches 0 : from there, new items would be unlocked level after level while the building is built again, as if it was for the first time after creating a new town. This possibility would take place only if all town members don't build until the shop level goes down to 0. Otherwise, at every level down, previously unlocked items would be locked again and if players re-built before level 0 to increase back the level, no new items would appear : only previously locked items would re-appear. Like that it would make it more difficult than just building : construction gear are very good to the point a whole town can be fully built in a short time, so for some players "construction only" wouldn't represent a real difficulty at all. And on the contrary for others who don't have those good gear, it could become undoable if construction requirements were too high. Here, the difficulty would be to let the time to buildings to reach level 0 beforehand, and everything that it implies. I think it's very important a reset couldn't be so easy. And in any case, thanks to deteriorations players would always have things to build whether about other buildings, shops we don't want to reach level 0, or after a building has reached level 0.

I think if it was like that, the good points of the idea would be maintained, and the bad points I mentionned would be lowered. In any case, building deterioration with time was in an old roadmap, so the dev team is supposed to already be ok with that. I don't know why it hasn't been implemented though ... The only new thing here is the shop reset from level 0.

Getting back the same items would be a dev level change I just don’t see happening.

Mod level, another possibility is pseudorandom “disasters”, eg every time a fair is built a random shop in every town in the same county as the fair gets zeroed out. And/or all the forts in that county get zeroed out and assigned to a founding town.

Harriet Oleson

Getting back the same items would be a dev level change I just don’t see happening.
But if the team still wants to implement building deteriorations one day (big big "if"), they are NECESSARLY supposed to plan something for when the building level would go down and then up again : new items can't appear at every level up, otherwise it'd be a big mess and too easy to get whatever items we want. I just suggested this to propose something coherent regarding that point; but there are other coherent systems which lead to the exact same result (=reset possible after letting down the level to 0). That's what you (or anyone else) were supposed to comment, actually. The details are up to the dev according to how they want to/can handle things. Once again "if" they still want to implement that, though.

About your idea of "disasters", I like the principle and the part about forts assigned to a founding town. I think it could bring a new sort of dynamic in FF, without penalising too much forts owners (only a few forts concerned, not frequently, and with possibiity to get back what we may have lost). Stagnation is bad, and with this kind of thing it could bring regular renewal. But forts owners opinion should be heard first, cause they are the ones who'd be directly impacted by this.
I'm not so much convinced about the "zeroed out" of fort or town's shop though : for forts, I've read it's really difficult to build them (it requires a lot of components). So to put them at 0 from time to time might be very harsh ... Maybe just bringing some damages (lowering building level) and not putting them fully at 0 could be better ? And for town's shop : it's like the shop reset idea with construction only, it has its good points and bad points. Good to have new things to build, to have access to new items too (if "zeroed out" a shop implies a reset when we build again ?), and the surprise effect may be very interesting too. But in another hand, the fact we can't control if and when it would happen may be very constraining : for example near event period when we need shop items we may be stuck if our shop is still out just at that moment, for those who just don't care about construction and were satisfied by their previous shop, or even for players who don't have a good construction gear and spent a lot of time to build their shops. In the end could be good for some palyers and in some situations, and not for/in others. Just my opinion though.

gamesraju

I am new to the game. I dont know how good these suggestions are.

I see adventures are very poorly handiled.

1) People quits the adventures
2) Very few willing to play adventures.

my main suggestions are

1) if people quit they should be fined an amount, not big might be 50 or 100
2) Giving experiance equivallent of veternan points.
3) To make fight intresting the winning team should be awarded in cash in addition to Exp. if they beat opponents with <7 vs 35 and <14 vs 35.

Thanks
Raju.

Harriet Oleson

A way to win this kind of achievements could be VERY good, but please not by "buying" the achievements. They won't have any meaning anymore : the purpose of achievements is to say "yes ! I did it !"; it's supposed to require a bit of time and efforts, not just spend nuggets.

@gamesraju : if people quit, I've read there's already a penalty for the quitters (they can't participate anymore to adv during a certain amount of time; the more they quit, the more the penalty is high). As for a reward in experience/bigger reward for winners, there is already a thread talking about it : here

Pankreas PorFavor

the purpose of achievements is to say "yes ! I did it !"; it's supposed to require a bit of time and efforts, not just spend nuggets.

I agree with you, but in this case time and effort don't help. you need a time machine to go back to 2018 and get an achievement that was available then and only then.
should it be available for nuggets? maybe.
I don't really like that idea, but I also don't care too much. I'd rather have Inno implement a way to disable/hide those achievements for people that were not there at the time, or make these achievements available for them now. maybe that's the direction - you were in vacation mode or not yet playing in 2018, and you really really really want that achievement? ok, pay a couple of nuggets and now the quest/item drop/whatever is available for you today so you need to spend the same amount of time and effort that the players who were here in 2018 have spent on that achievement. pay to "go back in time", not just to get the achievement instantly.

but, we all know none of this is not going to happen, so.... :no::-D

Harriet Oleson

Could be good this way, but as you said no real chance to happen, and in any case "collective achievements" can't be won the same way than originally ...

I was more thinking about things like, for example : repeatable questlines available during events period with the possibility to win as a reward a missed achievement (supposedly not winnable anymore) ? in event period so limited amount of time to fulfill the questlines; and I think all missed achievements are related to events so it could stay thematic ...
New repeatable quests during event period and under x and y conditions is something regularly implemented by the team in events; here the only subtility would be the reward : we are used to win a predefined achievement when we fulfill a questline, not to win one achievement among a specified list of achievements. Don't know if something like that could be doable nor if other players would think it's a good idea. Maybe there are other (and easier) ways to allow players to still win missed achievements too, I didn't really think about it.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Could be good this way, but as you said no real chance to happen, and in any case "collective achievements" can't be won the same way than originally ...

I was more thinking about things like, for example : repeatable questlines available during events period with the possibility to win as a reward a missed achievement (supposedly not winnable anymore) ? in event period so limited amount of time to fulfill the questlines; and I think all missed achievements are related to events so it could stay thematic ...
New repeatable quests during event period and under x and y conditions is something regularly implemented by the team in events; here the only subtility would be the reward : we are used to win a predefined achievement when we fulfill a questline, not to win one achievement among a specified list of achievements. Don't know if something like that could be doable nor if other players would think it's a good idea. Maybe there are other (and easier) ways to allow players to still win missed achievements too, I didn't really think about it.

I’ll point out that in the basset animals sale they added some old collector cards, so this concept isn’t entirely off the radar.

Harriet Oleson

Well, collection cards can already be bought in bonds during events or sold in the market by players. Not all of them and not every time, but this kind of achievements is already theoritically still winnable when the team chose to put them in the shop (or when they are in repeatable quests rewards, when they are added to gifts we have to farm in clicky events etc).
The problematic achievements we are talking about here are mostly :
- the collective ones (not the collector cards ones) : like "The Color of love", "Buy some flowers" etc, ie achievements won when players all together in a world had to do something.
- Or those when we have to individually gather xxx items like snowballs by farming.
Every year, there are new achievements from these types and the older ones can't be won anymore (as well as the titles in these achievements rewards). New players are disadvantaged in the max achievement points they can reach, or if they collect titles, or if they aim at "100%" in each achievement categories. Well, there's no ranking about achievements and we don't have to collect them all so that's not very important, but achievements are what looks like the most to a "goal to reach" in this game. So if a big part of them are unreachable, that's a bit weird. If really there's nothing to do to still try to win them, at least maybe the team could put them in the Heroic Deeds achievements section ? They would be hidden like that (we can't know what we miss in this section and they aren't taken into account in the % of the number of achievements). I'd prefer to have a way to still be able to win them though lol.

Caerdwyn

Maybe a /petition to unload the impossible Achievements via ticket would work? I know for sure that I can't go back to 2016 (before I started playing) to help ascertain that "Players on my world have sent a significant amount of hearts to each other during the 2016 Valentine's Day event", for example.

Harriet Oleson

Yes that's exactly the type of achievement new players can't win anymore and there are a lot like that in the events section of the achievements list. But I don't think they can be unloaded for some players and not for others (those who have won them) : the achievement list has to be the same for everyone otherwise the % written in the achievements overview would have a different meaning according to the profile we are looking at. But the Heroic Deeds section works differently : no %, no greyish achievement; the achievements we haven't won from this section, are just hidden. That might be less frustrating if unreachable achievements were here : hidden for those who didn't validated them (and can't win them anymore), and showed for those who managed to get them.
But well, that might work for what I call "collective achievements", but for the ones like "find 100 snowballs" it would be problematic : I haven't thought we wouldn't be able anymore to see how many snowballs (or equivalent) we miss before validating the achievement ...

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Not implying it’s possible, but if there was an event server event where some of these achievements were available and at the end of the event you could transfer those achievements to a standard world would that satisfy you?

Caerdwyn

It'd be hysterically funny to enter TS1 for Snowballs and get told, "It's not those Snowballs, it's these Snowballs. Come back next month for the other Snowballs, but not Icicles, those will be in August..." And be sure not to miss them this cycle or you'll have to wait 47 weeks for it to come up again.

Harriet Oleson

Lol yes, it should be clearly announced to prevent misunderstandings. This eventuality is very interesting though.

Personally what would worry me a bit, it's the time it could require to participate to this kind of things and the fact we (surely ?) won't be able to keep all the snowballs collected (or equivalent). Farming isn't fun at all, but these small rewards make it much more enjoyable; so if it's to farm as much than in real events but to only keep the achievement at the end, and not the multiples rewards (no event rewards and not even the money, exp, products/items from farming), that may be rather tough.

But if it's clearly announced, if the drop rate was a bit higher than normal and/or if the collected things like snowballs could be transferred to our main account at the end as well as achievement, I think that could be a very good thing.

Last edited:

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Lol yes, it should be clearly announced to prevent misunderstandings. This eventuality is very interesting though.

Personally what would worry me a bit, it's the time it could require to participate to this kind of things and the fact we (surely ?) won't be able to keep all the snowballs collected (or equivalent). Farming isn't fun at all, but these small rewards make it much more enjoyable; so if it's to farm as much than in real events but to only keep the achievement at the end, and not the multiples rewards (no event rewards and not even the money, exp, products/items from farming), that may be rather tough.

But if it's clearly announced, if the drop rate was a bit higher than normal and/or if the collected things like snowballs could be transferred to our main account at the end as well as achievement, I think that could be a very good thing.

If this ran the drop rate would be the same BUT it would simultaneously drop snowball type 1 snowball type 2 icicle red and blue soccer cards and ears and the like. You would have to do the 10 hours straight of 15 second but you’d get them all at once and have ample energy drops to get it done. Presumably there would be standard low end speed world settings and rewards while the transferable achievements would be what makes it special.

But again I have no knowledge of whether this is actually possible but most of it is well within what I have observed before.