The Brain Farts - Brainstorm of ideas here

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date

Caerdwyn

It might not be enforceable, but most FFers are good people. If Henry made a terrtory-wide announcement as part of digging Awesomia, most people would respect that. We'll heckle those who don't get it! Perhaps Henry could bounty the jerks... :D

Mrs Sam COlt

Hi,

That's something that surprised me when I arrived in this game : in a world where buildings can only be built and without a cycle of construction/destruction, it can only lead to a stagnation at some point; and for new players, it's not really a good thing to come in a world where everything is already built, espcially for workers, or even for achievements etc.

Seems like building degradation was already in an old roadmap but only for towns. But it has never been implemented, I don't know why.

For forts, I may say something irrelevant/undoable but from my point of view it could be good if missed shots from attackers could have a chance to bring damages to forts buildings : it would be rather "legit" (in the meaning : attackers who aim at defensers in the fort, either could touch them, either miss but in this case with a chance to bring damages to the closest building in their LoS ... cause in their LoS); and it might motivate to participate even if we don't have the max level or the best equipment, cause the idea is also to take account of the number of times we touch a building in the experience points rewards and/or the ranking. Indirectly, it could help to balance attack/def in the number of participants on each sides : attackers because they could be able to get more experience and to feel more usefull than right now even if they lose/are low level, and defensers would still want to defend their fort. It could help to motivate to dig more fort fights and to balance the results too : buildings wouldn't have max level for good but could be lowered, so better balanced even with a ratio 1:1.

In the meantime in the defending side, owning a fort should have a better interest than right now and repairing should be facilitated, otherwise it could be super annoying : to have to bring a lot of components after every ff, to use its energy to repair, to be more frequently attacked, to lose more often too ... to the point where owning a fort may lose its interest if it costs too much compared to what it brings (or if it's to win it one day to lose it the next day). For example, an option "recycle" to repair damages with the broken components could be added : no need to bring new components, just to use the old ones; the energy cost should be lowered too (or even be free ?), and bring enough experience points to compensate what attackers win while destructing buildings. It would only cost the construction time, and construction points be proportional to labor points, as well as the experience points won. Or something like that. I've read in an old road map that forts were supposed to have special shops; it could be good if it was implemented too. But that's just an example so that defense wouldn't be too much at disadvantage and with still reasons to actively look for keeping their forts, people would have better interest to participate in attack too so battles better balanced, and workers or anyone else would regularly have things to build if in a town owning a fort ...
But well, in my head it sounds good lol, but I don't know if it can't be too much annoying for fort owners or even on the contrary bring too much to them. In any case, even if not too much silly or inappropriate (that's a big "if"), it would ask to re-balance everything in the formulas and to implement new things. So surely undoable (yes : all of that just for that :p).

Perhaps the game could introduce crafted items that could be used in fort battles to take down the fort a few construction points. In a real world fight, the fort would be attacked with fire arrows, or dynamite.

The crafted item could be a dynamite bomb, which would be auctionable. The bomb could be triggered by the player holding it gaining access to the wall or a tower, or by access to the moat next to the tower. The bomb would take doen the tower one level, with a limit of 1 bomb per player, and no limit on the number of bombs per side.

A bomb on the wall would reduce that section to zero.

Fire arrows would be the standard ammo on a bow. The bow would have only 100 damage, but the damage would continue for several rounds, as well as be enhanced by additional arrows fired into that tower or wall section. With sufficient damage, the tower or wall would lose a level.

Caerdwyn

What happens so quickly that you can't just type in the name of the buff? You're going to use the same Fort Buff, Dueling Buff and Character Buff all the time. The rest are just there to fill your closets.

Caerdwyn

How about an Achievement for holding Flag for seven rounds? You'd have to be smart and your team coordinated to pull that off without accidentally winning.

Grompy Old Dane

Hi i wrote this i hope some can see the point in it and maybe give inno some surgestions. I just have time to day because i am home sick anyway.

Hi
This game got serious problems keeping alive 1 year, and I think lot of the problem is inno game setup in beginning of world.
There are 2 events that I think is the reason. 1 is oct day of death where people can get lots of fort fighting gear if they just pay enough, and lots of people do, because as I guess inno knows the setup is reward system designed for happy center in brain that makes people use more, and in top of that it gives those a head start in ff and other develops. And also bonds they can use in next event I am thinking of. X – mass event.

X – mass event is a killer; there all the best sets will be bought and lv 3++ will be on those who wants to pay that much. And the same here happy center in brain don’t say stop.
These 2 events kill the game, because now world is fixed and either alliances mix and you have fights or there is no match for 1 alliance and no ff.

I could see in first event how this would turn out and did not even get ff gear as many others, because it would be waste of time.

If you had les in beginning and more often during year events that gets you some good gear it would help, I think. Maybe others have other ideas.
People fight on saloon and not ff because they blame each other, but it is inno I see cause the problems, with setup.

Next is quest in saloon. Nearly 75% is not worth the effort, why don’t they change with new world?

I don’t know how but it seems some people got millions after less than 1 month is that because they can transfer between worlds? Lots of people use LV Kansas to give here take in colo I can see on saloon.
I hope inno will listen and perhaps find solutions that is possible, so next world don’t end after 2 months.

cpt.N3M0

HI GUYS!!

I havent read all the 57 pages or seen that idea somewhere soo i will put in on the table!
With my experience of that game that come from w4 , from "eldorado" and right now directly from "colorado" meanwhile studying balance of sistems , mathematich , art and last but not least the mechanichs of that rpg card game called "the west"....
i come up with some problems and maybe a solution that wouldnt took even too much work to be applied!

the main problems i found are:
-the trend of increasing the event sets % bonus ; at the begin was less than +0.9 point/level now some get up to 3 or 4, mantaining more balance forts and duels sets.
-the low variety of duels sets ; the duel sistem could allow 50-60 different combination of skill but actually the more powerfull are 3-4 .
-the big cauldron of shops items that is not used

soo the solution i come up with in the last 3 mounth of game balancing struggling is : (drumrolls)
-IMPLEMENTING TO ALL THE SHOPS ITEM % POINTS/LEVELS STATS

That's a preatty self explanatory implementation !
It could took me 4-5 days , me alone ( paid :D ) !
The only requirement is a base statistic work to change all the numbers and made some variety on the category of duels set from shop.

The rules that should be respected are simple:
- calculate an everage of that particular stats from every events sets and add to that the everage bonus from the all sets(of that particular skill) divide with the amount of the sets component(a level of bonus skill lower than what they actually are)
-try to rearrange some duel items to make possible some more variety
-decide a level required to use item where you start implementing this feature

ADVANTAGES FROM THAT IDEA:
-you (innogames) could keep the game alive doing keeping the trend of %point/level event set increasing esponentially(i dont recomend to do that too much , for obvious problem)
-it take a very little amount of work for a huge balancing path
-player could have more free will to decide how to use the skill of their character if they want to duel
-the items of the shops and the sistems of upgrade would be used more , not only for fort guns (items upgrade still bring you nuggets )
-there could be new trend of splitting sets component , you already added a nice feature adding some particular bonus to a single item

i am not able to see disadvantages but i posted there to open the discussion...

only for staffs members :
i am searching for a part-time job, i would like to enter in to the world of games art.
i studied arts by my self through all the years of my life ... i havent got a site portfolio but if you want i will create one
to share you my ability.
just few days ago i sold a painting that paid me an entire year at the university

Can you give me a plat medal ?
I suggested it few years ago and I got dumbed in soo much bul****,
now you are implementing it and I don't get anything ?
putting on my LinkedIn a medal "knowledge of game design" or "game strategy balance" from innogames
would mean something for the next company that I am going to work for since I am in the field of videogames.
I am not asking for in game currency or other , everything that I wrote in here it''s your intellectual propriety.
Just asking to exchange the favor, youalreadyhave my email , name and LinkedIn

DeletedUser15368

So it's all your fault they've been wasting the last year doing a half-arsed job with this instead of PvP fixes?

Down with @cpt.N3M0

cpt.N3M0

cmon ....for the first time in years we finally see somebody breaking sets with some shops items,
That job was needed anyway if you want to recover the game to a phase of long term balance.
There are always and there will always been fan of the west but if it got issues people will not stay for long;
I am just trying to help !

lumpy39us

Idea, Town shops, town treasury.
Make a random rotation of shops items possible by using town treasury funds and building to achieve a specific shop worked on random rotation. I'm sure inno could develop some sort of value so it takes quite an effort and won't be achieved so easily. Maybe levels and only 1 level per duration of time. Could even incorporate a nugget function, possibly? This would also make the items achievements possible with the random rotation, regeneration, of town shops items.
In conclusion, the shops wouldn't be stagnant and people would have something other than churchs to build on with the town treasury funds.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Idea, Town shops, town treasury.
Make a random rotation of shops items possible by using town treasury funds and building to achieve a specific shop worked on random rotation. I'm sure inno could develop some sort of value so it takes quite an effort and won't be achieved so easily. Maybe levels and only 1 level per duration of time. Could even incorporate a nugget function, possibly? This would also make the items achievements possible with the random rotation, regeneration, of town shops items.
In conclusion, the shops wouldn't be stagnant and people would have something other than churchs to build on with the town treasury funds.
We haven't really explored it, but, like with the towers at forts, it is within the mods capabilities to downgrade buildings. If there is interest I could work to formalize a process (ticket from black hat) and some guidlines (eg. no downgrading church or residences, stores must be at maximum level and can only be downgraded to level 0)

Goober Pyle

The West Team
We haven't really explored it, but, like with the towers at forts, it is within the mods capabilities to downgrade buildings. If there is interest I could work to formalize a process (ticket from black hat) and some guidlines (eg. no downgrading church or residences, stores must be at maximum level and can only be downgraded to level 0)
specifically we would want to avoid the scenario where you just keep re-rolling a level until you have the gear item everyone wants to buy because it is OP or a quest item

lumpy39us

Not a reset, that would be too easy, but rather work towards a random regeneration level before items in shop being worked on would be able to be changed.
ie, 6 levels of regen, before regen is awarded, limit work point or have the work points needed increase per level. With this more time would be required to accomplish. So it takes 6 months to accomplish, it will just be another game agenda that might increase interest. Don't make player level relevant, everybody gets the same points applied towards leveling the shop. ie shop regen level 1 each hour of work "80 points," to advance to level 2 towards regen 9000 points, level 2 each hour of work "80 points," points needed to advance to level 3 18000 and so on. Just an example.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Not a reset, that would be too easy, but rather work towards a random regeneration level before items in shop being worked on would be able to be changed.
ie, 6 levels of regen, before regen is awarded, limit work point or have the work points needed increase per level. With this more time would be required to accomplish. So it takes 6 months to accomplish, it will just be another game agenda that might increase interest. Don't make player level relevant, everybody gets the same points applied towards leveling the shop. ie shop regen level 1 each hour of work "80 points," to advance to level 2 towards regen 9000 points, level 2 each hour of work "80 points," points needed to advance to level 3 18000 and so on. Just an example.
That would definitely be a dev level request. I’ll look into writing up something along these lines that’s a bit more feasible and circle back before passing on

Goober Pyle

The West Team
In the meantime if you (or anyone in a fully built town) are interested in building resets file a ticket and include a link to this post and I’ll see if we can do that for you.

lumpy39us

I know it would be dev level, But I really do think it would be quite an improvement to other wise boring built towns and potentially add interest to the game and members of towns.
Thanks for looking into this Goober Pyle.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
The most feasible (as in low dev effort and therefore something that might be considered ) thing I can think of is to remove the level caps on the shops and when you level up it replaces the level modulo cap gear.

Eg at gun shop level 32, 32 mod 20 is 12 So the level 12 gear would be removed and replaced with a new random selection of level 12 gear.

Thoughts?

Goober Pyle

The West Team
The most feasible (as in low dev effort and therefore something that might be considered ) thing I can think of is to remove the level caps on the shops and when you level up it replaces the level modulo cap gear.

Eg at gun shop level 32, 32 mod 20 is 12 So the level 12 gear would be removed and replaced with a new random selection of level 12 gear.

Thoughts?

The complication would be if a future level cap contemplated new gear via raising the shop cap. That said it would just mean changing the modulo number (say it’s 25) and now your level 32 gun shop would need to reach level 50 to get that level 25 gear.