The Brain Farts - Brainstorm of ideas here

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date

DeletedUser35533

why to only show achievements that have not yet been achieved (or at least put them on top)its a pain to see which collection items Im still missing

DeletedUser38508

In the past 4 years or so inno released a new set/premium item (snake, wright, independence declaration) every couple of months or so to the point where the unique set of items that the west comes with is rended totally useless and the old items are just random junk for the low level to pick on.
I understand that this is their marketing strategy (a bad one for their player base, as the game has become just a race for event items), but i'd like to see a huge rework on the items that they released by now, so they won't be absolute crap faced with the new and shiny sets.
For example i'd like to see droppable uniques like "Buckshot Robert's modified winchester" getting reworked so they stand a purpose for the avarage player, not only for collectors.
In the actual state of the game not even one unique item can stand a chance to the huge bonuses the sets offer, rending them useless.
Even the old premium items had lost their purpose as the upgrades and new sets were implemented to the game; see the declaration of independence, a good item in the old days that is total crap today because there are plenty of set items that offer alot more than 5 5 5 10 atributes.
The development team keeps pushing more and more new content rending the old one totally useless and unbalancing the core of the game with every new overpowered event set.
I'd propose, instead of pushing more and more new content (it's easy to code some random items and paint an image for the new and shiny overpowered premium weapons) to review and rework the original unique weapons of the game and to repurpose the premium items they sold in the past to keep up with the game.
I'm aware that the game must evolve, and new content has to be pushed here and there, but there's a difference between evolving and throwing with random plain content every event or so.
As you may see this ideea it's just too shallow to have a thread on her own, but i'd like to hear your opinion on this problem and "produce" a finite product that can be posted and has chances to be pushed to the developers.

DeletedUser35340

Not sure how to start a thread so hope this is the place.

The new Fort Fight formulas, in my opinion, have fixed many of the balance issues.
As our dwellers get higher level the issue will get even more of a problem. I am mixed here. I don't want what has happened in Dakota where one side has gotten so strong that there is rarely a fort fight. It is cool to see that the FF formula now works as a balance between classes and hp.

So then the issue is how do we stop F's from disappearing due to the inevitability that one side will become dominant as less mature players want to switch over to avoid losing all the time. Her is an unfinished idea/ brainfarts:

Somehow make more advantages to being in an alliance and participating in FF's. For instance, some Fort Fight equipment only available to alliance members. This equipment would use FF point system as used in the Veterans point system or using the same Veterans system. Point awards could be weighted so that a smaller alliance/non dominant alliance gains more equipment purchasing points than a dominant alliance based on participation in Fort Fights, not on winning or losing. Although if one desired one could add points for a win that is also weighted but the idea is to award participation and take this portion of the advantages of Fort Fighting away from mere winning or losing. (bond increases and Fort ownership already provide for win advantages.)

DeletedUser35340

In the past 4 years or so inno released a new set/premium item (snake, wright, independence declaration) every couple of months or so to the point where the unique set of items that the west comes with is rended totally useless and the old items are just random junk for the low level to pick on.
I understand that this is their marketing strategy (a bad one for their player base, as the game has become just a race for event items), but i'd like to see a huge rework on the items that they released by now, so they won't be absolute crap faced with the new and shiny sets.
For example i'd like to see droppable uniques like "Buckshot Robert's modified winchester" getting reworked so they stand a purpose for the avarage player, not only for collectors.
In the actual state of the game not even one unique item can stand a chance to the huge bonuses the sets offer, rending them useless.
Even the old premium items had lost their purpose as the upgrades and new sets were implemented to the game; see the declaration of independence, a good item in the old days that is total crap today because there are plenty of set items that offer alot more than 5 5 5 10 atributes.
The development team keeps pushing more and more new content rending the old one totally useless and unbalancing the core of the game with every new overpowered event set.
I'd propose, instead of pushing more and more new content (it's easy to code some random items and paint an image for the new and shiny overpowered premium weapons) to review and rework the original unique weapons of the game and to repurpose the premium items they sold in the past to keep up with the game.
I'm aware that the game must evolve, and new content has to be pushed here and there, but there's a difference between evolving and throwing with random plain content every event or so.
As you may see this ideea it's just too shallow to have a thread on her own, but i'd like to hear your opinion on this problem and "produce" a finite product that can be posted and has chances to be pushed to the developers.

It might be good for Inno to take existing items and re-releasing those items gradually rather than having to come up with new items. These items can then be reintroduced to the system gradually, say as upgrades where one could use gold or bonds to upgrade to the re-released version.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35277

54 pages of Ideas, does anyone know of any that were actually put into
the game? I've been here only 4 yrs and I am burning out on the lack
of something inspiring to do.

DeletedUser38502

How about allowing people to use there rested energy before applying the daily activity bonus to prevent people leveling and missing out on the energy benefit from leveling. Several times I have missed out on the energy portion because I have logged in and the activity bonus has caused me to level and thus I was effectively penalized 100 energy for leveling each time it happened.

Pankreas PorFavor

How about allowing people to use there rested energy before applying the daily activity bonus to prevent people leveling and missing out on the energy benefit from leveling. Several times I have missed out on the energy portion because I have logged in and the activity bonus has caused me to level and thus I was effectively penalized 100 energy for leveling each time it happened.

this is the case since the first day of this game (ok, we did not get the login bonus back then, but you needed to plan your job experience and similar), and every player has faced it one time or the other. I don't think it will ever get changed. you just need to plan it better and level up when it works best for you. with all these wisdom potions you can win in the county fair, it is even easier to level up exactly when you want to.

DeletedUser38502

Unfortunately no so easy if you que up jobs first and the bonus is enough to tip you over , then you get effectively penalized for logging in and leveling up before you assign your existing energy. While I try to allow for this now it still catches me out now and again. I assume others too, especially at lower levels

DeletedUser37451

Unfortunately no so easy if you que up jobs first and the bonus is enough to tip you over , then you get effectively penalized for logging in and leveling up before you assign your existing energy.
Do you know that you don't have to take the XP login bonus at your first login the day? You can close the window without accepting the XP bonus, continue the game and get the login bonus at a later login the same day.

DeletedUser35101

Please, please please... is it really so hard to change titles for all this repeatable holiday questlines?
Now again on same day 4 repeatable questlines have started at same time and all with same main title "Repeatable Holiday Quests"... most of people get confused and very lost which quest are they doing.. and so very few remember and can point out to them what is original questline name and give them link to assist them

It would be much more easier if all those get titles something like "Repeatable One Foolish Romeo" / "Repeatable Gone with Valentines day"... than everyone can much more easily keep track on what quest are they doing, what step they have completed and what to do next..

DeletedUser38502

Do you know that you don't have to take the XP login bonus at your first login the day? You can close the window without accepting the XP bonus, continue the game and get the login bonus at a later login the same day.
How? the only way i have found to close it is by the okay button which also accepts the points. Clicking on the map does nothing and there is no little "x" to close it or any other option I can find. As far as I can tell you have to accept

DeletedUser37451

How? the only way i have found to close it is by the okay button which also accepts the points.
Just click outside the message window on the map (tried a minute ago and it worked). But if you see the OK button it's already to late ;)
You have to cancel the first message window where the daily bonus overview is shown.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38502

mine has never worked , i have tried that since i started , and the Daily bonus okay button is there from the start for me

DeletedUser37451

[...] and the Daily bonus okay button is there from the start for me
This is what you should see first:
8fptjei4.jpg

Only if you click on "Collect" the OK button appears. But if you click on the map outside the message window instead you are able to delay the login bonus until the next login the same day.

DeletedUser26394

Hello.
This might be just a dumb/useless idea or maybe not possible to have it done but...
I was looking at the emoticons the other day and thought, hey this is the west and we are missing a guy shooting into the air emoticon but we have a rainbow sheep that jumps for whatever reason...
I dont know if the size of the emoticons would make the shooting into the air guy possible? But it's like classic west stuff isn't it?

PS: idk if it's the right place to post this.

DeletedUser38560

I have not read through all the posts in this forum but wanted to bring up an idea that I am sure many others have thought of.
Why can't another skills tab be added so people can competitively enjoy both aspects of the game, Fort Fighting and Dueling. Basically it would allow us to have two sets of skills, 1 for FF, and 1 for dueling. I honestly believe it would get people more involved in the game because they would not be limited to FF or Dueling. Inno could use this by giving everyone two talent trees and then offer more talent tree's at the cost of nuggets/bonds. Being able to have multiple talent tree's to choose from would offer people the availability to use different gear sets for Dueling, Fort Farming, and berry picking. The price of changing skills is ridiculous, therefore when there are no Fort Fights going on and a person has nothing to do, rather than logging off for the night and watching TV they can duel or FF by changing their talent tree and not have to spend 500k cash to do so.

Pankreas PorFavor

I have not read through all the posts in this forum but wanted to bring up an idea that I am sure many others have thought of.
Why can't another skills tab be added so people can competitively enjoy both aspects of the game, Fort Fighting and Dueling. Basically it would allow us to have two sets of skills, 1 for FF, and 1 for dueling. I honestly believe it would get people more involved in the game because they would not be limited to FF or Dueling. Inno could use this by giving everyone two talent trees and then offer more talent tree's at the cost of nuggets/bonds. Being able to have multiple talent tree's to choose from would offer people the availability to use different gear sets for Dueling, Fort Farming, and berry picking. The price of changing skills is ridiculous, therefore when there are no Fort Fights going on and a person has nothing to do, rather than logging off for the night and watching TV they can duel or FF by changing their talent tree and not have to spend 500k cash to do so.

aha, you mean you would like to be able to do everything at the same time? be perfect in all aspects of the game at once? to be unbeatable in duels, the biggest tank in FFs, find the best items on jobs, travel at the speed of light etc. etc. etc. all with the same character?
um, no.
but, in a way, you can do it already. start characters in multiple worlds. duel here, fort fight there, be a pure trader in the third world, do quests in the fourth....

DeletedUser38560

aha, you mean you would like to be able to do everything at the same time? be perfect in all aspects of the game at once? to be unbeatable in duels, the biggest tank in FFs, find the best items on jobs, travel at the speed of light etc. etc. etc. all with the same character?
um, no..

So you think that there are not people out there that contradict every word you just typed?

Pankreas PorFavor

So you think that there are not people out there that contradict every word you just typed?

what is this even supposed to mean? you (or anyone else) may contradict me if you want, I have no problem with discussing this, or any other topic. that's the point of the forum, isn't it? :)

but, if you are saying that there are people who can do everything at the same time - then what do you actually propose? it's already there, it is possible, so what exactly do you want to be changed?
btw. I have a character that can get +3600% speed, does pretty well in duels against most builds, has over 15k hp in battle gear, with max drop value on LTO job at $9800, etc. - is that the contradiction you are asking about? again, this is a matter of having good gear and using premium, but I am still strongly against what you propose where with a click of a mouse you can get from pure trading to pure hp to resistance duel to range duel build to pure construction to whatever build.
a good balanced build is possible, as well as extreme specialized builds. but, having multiple extreme specialized builds at the same time? my answer is still no. please, present an argument why this should be possible. personally, I like the fact that you cannot be "the best" at everything at once, just like in real life. that's why we have reskill potions in this game. do what you enjoy, when you get tired of that - spend some money on nuggets, or use bonds to buy that potion and change your build to be more efficient in another aspect of the game. or, start a character on a different world and try a different build/class/craft profession over there. being pure FFer and dueler at the same time? no, that makes as much sense to me as being a soldier and adventurer in the same character, and change it from battle to battle, or switch from blacksmith to tonic peddler when you need crafted items from the other profession. to me, this completely changes the nature of this game, and I don't like it.
you have the right to a different opinion, of course, but I would like to see some arguments for it.