The Brain Farts - Brainstorm of ideas here

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date

DeletedUser35277

New Job = New Town Building

Proposal
A new job on the map that leads to a new building in town.
New job = Rustle Cattle.
Rustle Cattle = x number of longhorns will drop, depending on your job luck
Collect x number of cattle and you get to build the Stockyard in your town.

Current Workaround
Cattle will not be sellable, only dropable, so no workaround by buying them.

Details
New job Cattle Rustling, at player level Inno decides. Added to one of the job groups
that still has room for another one. Player dresses best for job as always. Longhorn
cattle drop from this job depending on players skills and luck for the job.
Inno decides how many longhorns must be collected to be able to build
the new building in town. The Stockyard. This is mostly to add new game content
(which is sorely needed) and the prestige of having a Stockyard in your town.
Stockyard must be upgraded to hold greater amounts of cattle as you obtain them.

Abuse Prevention
Longhorn Cattle are not sellable, so no working around collecting them by buying.

Visual Aids
Don't have any, sorry.

Summary
New game content and new town building. Something for higher levels
who have no quests left to do? Or any level who enjoys new job and
new town building. :)

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

DeletedUser31239

Crafting - Master Saddler - Remove 7 day limit on high receipes

Hi,

I want to suggest removing the 7 day limit of only being able to create craft 1 item for both 'Weightless leather' and 'Pony Express Saddlery'.

Reasons for this:
1 - the crafting level is now increased so makes it absolutely way too long to try and make max

2 - For Pony Express Saddlery, user has to invest 100 bonds for blanket so isnt that restrictive enough. If user wants to invest that why add the extra restriction of adding a whole week wait before being able to create another one. I realise that you can get the Pete pistol out of it but again user is investing 100 bonds, the 7 day limit adds nothing to the process only frustration and negative impression to crafting!!!

3 - New higher receipe Ammunition slide, can create as many as want. No consistency.
Anybody agree?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31239

A further point or reason I want to add to above is the fact that the 7 day limited recipes are also on top of the above listed restrictions are also limited to only 1 item being allowed to crafted at a time per 7 days.

This really does need to be reviewed if developers want users to actually crafting seriously.

Pankreas PorFavor

Hi,

I want to suggest removing the 7 day limit of only being able to create craft 1 item for both 'Weightless leather' and 'Pony Express Saddlery'.

Reasons for this:
1 - the crafting level is now increased so makes it absolutely way too long to try and make max

Hit 600 points, get the Ammo slide recipe and the only thing that's stopping you to reach 700 crafting points is the rate at which you can gather crafting materials fro Ammunition slide. (As a field cook, it took me about a week to get from 650 to 700 crafting points, but I had a lot of materials already gathered before I found the recipe). Anyway - what is "too long"? Why should you be able to reach the maximum level fast? It's hard? GREAT! Why make the game easier and easier - let's have a goal that's actually an accomplishment!

2 - For Pony Express Saddlery, user has to invest 100 bonds for blanket so isnt that restrictive enough. If user wants to invest that why add the extra restriction of adding a whole week wait before being able to create another one. I realise that you can get the Pete pistol out of it but again user is investing 100 bonds, the 7 day limit adds nothing to the process only frustration and negative impression to crafting!!!

First, you don't "have" to invest 100 bonds. Cossack saddle blanket can be found as a random product drop on Organize a rodeo job. Also, this would add another gap between premium and non-premium players. Those who can waste nuggets on the blankets would be able to jump 50 points in no time. This way it's easier for non-premium to keep up.
And why the frustration? You can have a long term goal, something to work for instead of just another achievement to reach with your credit card.

3 - New higher receipe Ammunition slide, can create as many as want. No consistency.

Maybe it is inconsistent. But you cannot exchange one Ammo slide for a weapon like you can exchange Pony express saddlery for Pete's Remington. It's a little bit different story in this case - the use of the crafted item is completely different.

Anybody agree?

I don't.

DeletedUser31239

You make it sound awful easy to get Ammunition Slide recipe. All your points are grand if you could manage to get it!! Only one person in whole of World 11 has managed to get it and everyone else complaining about hard it is to get. I am not looking for making game easier, I am looking for at the least can it be achievable. Like making someone work tirelessly for 6 months to try and get that recipe and still be unsuccessful, just ain't fun at the end of the day.

Pankreas PorFavor

Since September I found 3x write ghostly music, 2x forge a lanter, 1x craft ammunition slide, and I see a bunch of other people in Arizona are making and selling items crafted according to $9500 recipes. At least 3 make ammo slides. The point? Is it easy? No, it is not easy. Is it impossible? No, it's not impossible at all. Pure trading build, premium income medals and a little bit of luck. If I made it sound easy, then that was a mistake on my part. I want it to sound hard to get, and be hard to get. Where's the fun in being one of 500 people who can do it? Eventually you will find it or buy it from the market. And eventually you will reach 700 points.
What I am saying is - you have a goal now? And you complain how it's hard to achieve it.
OK, let's say you are done and have 700 points. What would be next? Complaining how there's nothing new to do?
It's nice when some parts of the game are hard to do or require a lot of luck. When everyone can do everything right away - where's the fun? Where is the challenge?

DeletedUser35533

Since September I found 3x write ghostly music, 2x forge a lanter, 1x craft ammunition slide, and I see a bunch of other people in Arizona are making and selling items crafted according to $9500 recipes. At least 3 make ammo slides. The point? Is it easy? No, it is not easy. Is it impossible? No, it's not impossible at all. Pure trading build, premium income medals and a little bit of luck. If I made it sound easy, then that was a mistake on my part. I want it to sound hard to get, and be hard to get. Where's the fun in being one of 500 people who can do it? Eventually you will find it or buy it from the market. And eventually you will reach 700 points.
What I am saying is - you have a goal now? And you complain how it's hard to achieve it.
OK, let's say you are done and have 700 points. What would be next? Complaining how there's nothing new to do?
It's nice when some parts of the game are hard to do or require a lot of luck. When everyone can do everything right away - where's the fun? Where is the challenge?

when people talk about new stuff they mean exciting and interesting things, the game already has enough drudgery and busywork for 10 lifetimes. I have been working on my green craft achievement for at least 3 years and this is another pointless snag.if you just like to grind than grind in exp ranking but don't act like there is quality in this setup

Pankreas PorFavor

I wrote a longer reply, but I deleted it. no point..
you should have planned better and you would get your green craft achievement sooner. sorry. that's why it's called an achievement.

grinding? are you telling me that this is all you're doing for 3 years? actually, this setup let's you do other things and work on crafting for high level items on the side. I am sure if they removed the time constraint you would then be pressed to grind the same jobs day in day out until you got your achievement or 650 points, right? or is that not allowed, only grinding for exp counts? there is NO grinding for crafting in the current setup (when you reach 600 points). you can do it slowly, one per week, and you have time for all the other stuff at the same time... I have no idea where this grinding idea comes from?
the point is - it's too slow for you. you want that achievement, and Inno is at fault you made a mistake and ran out of green recipes - except those that are timed. shame on them. but now they introduced new recipes and you can spend some cash, buy it from a pure trader and then get your achievement in no time. awfully nice of them to correct that mistake, eh? it will only cost you to reskill and find the recipe yourself, or to buy it from a trader. again, shame on them, right?

and where did you see Coravian mention "new stuff, exciting and interesting things", or me saying anything against them?? I only said he would complain how there's nothing new to craft once he hits max crafting level. and if you're implying I support Inno in what they're doing - just throwing out new sets, and no actual new content - then you must have missed a lot of my posts.

Last edited:

DeletedUser35533

I wrote a longer reply, but I deleted it. no point..
you should have planned better and you would get your green craft achievement sooner. sorry. that's why it's called an achievement.

grinding? are you telling me that this is all you're doing for 3 years? actually, this setup let's you do other things and work on crafting for high level items on the side. I am sure if they removed the time constraint you would then be pressed to grind the same jobs day in day out until you got your achievement or 650 points, right? or is that not allowed, only grinding for exp counts? there is NO grinding for crafting in the current setup (when you reach 600 points). you can do it slowly, one per week, and you have time for all the other stuff at the same time... I have no idea where this grinding idea comes from?
the point is - it's too slow for you. you want that achievement, and Inno is at fault you made a mistake and ran out of green recipes - except those that are timed. shame on them. but now they introduced new recipes and you can spend some cash, buy it from a pure trader and then get your achievement in no time. awfully nice of them to correct that mistake, eh? it will only cost you to reskill and find the recipe yourself, or to buy it from a trader. again, shame on them, right?

and where did you see Coravian mention "new stuff, exciting and interesting things", or me saying anything against them?? I only said he would complain how there's nothing new to craft once he hits max crafting level. and if you're implying I support Inno in what they're doing - just throwing out new sets, and no actual new content - then you must have missed a lot of my posts.
so at the dawn of crafting I should have foreseen its evolution?I should have know the game would punish me for taking the optimal path? you know when it first started I used to collect products beforehand and what do you think happened, product requirements changed
so did the drop rate which made all my hours of work meaningless(for for future of crafting that once more was yanked away)seriously even after giving away tons of axes I still have 57 canned beans thats 57 week of my life Pankreas, logically I could have insulted the developers mother and my debt would still be considered paid.
I wanted to get back to construction achievements for half a year now but clearly the game does not let us grind in ways we would like to (unless you want to end up 3 sets behind)
you are basically trying to sell me a chore as competitive gameplay(level 651 if you are wondering).with the addition of new recipes and given how much product it all takes the cooldown is even more meaningless and you talk about taking it easy but how about we leave the choice to the play are they can chose what to do instead of being forced to "take it easy"
btw I did all the timed recipes, every week I clicked that button but than came another reform and my timed green recipe went gray so now I have to look for new recipe and new product because 3 years ago I took an optimal path to crafting, clearly Im in wrong, right?
Im a pure trade with 794 in trading and 216 in charisma and even with medals I get nothing in Lead a trading office or Work as a travelling merchant (and yes I do have the best set for it)and I can't buy something that no one is selling.I know im stuck with my problem but I really don't need you telling me that crafting is "fun" and "challenging" and if it was not as backwards as it is then we would complain about how there is nothing to do.Im not saying you support new sets but you do seem to support artificial hoops that have no real reward.

First, you don't "have" to invest 100 bonds. Cossack saddle blanket can be found as a random product drop on Organize a rodeo job. Also, this would add another gap between premium and non-premium players. Those who can waste nuggets on the blankets would be able to jump 50 points in no time. This way it's easier for non-premium to keep up.
And why the frustration? You can have a long term goal, something to work for instead of just another achievement to reach with your credit card.
Maybe it is inconsistent. But you cannot exchange one Ammo slide for a weapon like you can exchange Pony express saddlery for Pete's Remington. It's a little bit different story in this case - the use of the crafted item is completely different.
your guardianship of non-premium players is pointless since 2x drop,money,exp makes such gigantic difference over the months that any other nugget usage is insignificant.your crafting achievement won't save you form upgraded duel sets or anything like that.you undermine yourself by pointing out how much product it all takes and its not like rodeo drops it for 1 hour of work.clearly there is enough work without need for a cooldown. if its axes and guns you are worried about, well the quest(that turns chili to axe) itself has a cooldown which could be increased.
side note: it its a competition than there should be no caveats so others can keep up and if its not a competition than anyone can do it at their own speed.when it takes years at top seed than clearly game is wrong.also you seem to imply that non prems don't hate the cooldown.

Pankreas PorFavor

Yes Dante, you are right.
Remove the challenges and obstacles from this game ASAP. That will make it fun.

And I didn't know that you had no crystal ball "at the dawn of crafting"? Hundreds of players managed to get that achievement in 2012, and you have to wait til 2016, that's really unfair.

Meh, EOD on my side. I would continue, but since it seems to you that I am telling you that crafting is fun and challenging (I can't find that quote, did someone edit my posts?), it seems you misunderstand my words so what would be the point?
But just to make things clear in case anyone else is interested - I am against allowing some things to be done quickly and without planning in 2016 if players had to do it slowly and with thinking for the last 4 years or so.

DeletedUser31239

Now it all makes sense. It appears you are just afraid your own good work would have all been for nothing if people could just enjoy crafting a bit better and be able to level up in a reasonable time. I think you are looking too much from own achievements rather than whats the best thing for the game overall Pankreas.

I don't feel threatened if other players have achieved the same goals as me in a quicker time. I don't need to be the only one to have done something to feel special.

Listen now getting back to the point, really is there a need for a whole 7 day waiting period when it comes to crafting. It takes quite a bit of work gathering materials for these high level recipes anyways. And yes another point I did leave out is, even after the 7 days and recipe are green, you are not even guaranteed to get a crafting point for it!!!

I wont be saying any more on the matter, I am glad I have opened a conversation on it. I think however Pankreas your points are solely motivated from your own goals and your achievements in the game. If honestly I was level 700 tomorrow, I would still feel the same about this point. 7 days is too much.

Pankreas PorFavor

Now it all makes sense. It appears you are just afraid your own good work would have all been for nothing if people could just enjoy crafting a bit better and be able to level up in a reasonable time. I think you are looking too much from own achievements rather than whats the best thing for the game overall Pankreas.

I don't feel threatened if other players have achieved the same goals as me. I don't need to be the only one to have done something to feel special.

Listen now getting back to the point, really is there a need for a whole 7 day waiting period when it comes to crafting. It takes quite a bit of work gathering materials for these high level recipes anyways. And yes another point I did leave out is, even after the 7 days and recipe are green, you are not even guaranteed to get a crafting point for it!!!

I wont be saying any more on the matter, I am glad I have opened a conversation on it. I think however Pankreas your points are solely motivated from your own goals and your achievements in the game. If honestly I was level 700 tomorrow, I would still feel the same about this point. 7 days is too much.

my own work and achievements aren't threatened by whatever other players do, they will stay as they were.
but, again - if an achievement costs Player A 1 year or 1000 nuggets or 2000 bonds or 5000 products or whatever, then the same rules should apply for Player B. that's all. want something? work for it like everyone else before you worked for it. because there isn't anything essentially wrong with the way it's setup now. you don't lose anything by having 601 crafting points instead of 650. it's not unfair to you compared to anyone else, it doesn't cost you anything, there's no disadvantage between you and anyone else. there is no reason to change it except - "I want it NOW!"
yes, all the things you listed are obstacles and things you need to solve to progress in crafting, or they require a bit of luck. but that's the same for you and everyone else. so why are you and players who reached this stage today special compared to someone who was in the same spot before you?
enough already with making this game easier and easier! easy = boring, ffs...

DeletedUser31239

Ok maybe if it makes you think differently, cause for some reason you don't think I am of same worth as you in this game, I am 4 years playing this game and also 643 crafting points. I have been working hard at this game too! AND I still think 7 days for waiting to craft item for all the above reasons outlined are stupid.
We never at any point said we want the game easier, that's just your reading of it cause you don't think maybe we haven't worked as hard at this game as you or something.

So rather than repeat myself like you are doing. I am going try introduce a new reason.

Maybe it has nothing to with being level 700 actually. How about upgrading a Petes Remington to be level 5. Do have any idea how long this will take with the 7 days limit!!! Upgrading is a challenge when you want get level 5 in itself. BUT Pete Remington with all the restrictions around it, getting to level 5, take as long and as "fun" as paying off mortgage fully!

Further more you do realize your whole argument can be boiled down to, "well that's what we had to do in my day, so that's what everyone else should do." Like life, the game moves on and changes, and things need to change along with it to make sense.

First need to realize the issue then talk the solutions. Maybe its change it to a 3 day limit. Maybe remove the limit from the weightless leather and keep the 7 day restriction on the Petes Remington. Sorry I am talking just from a Master Saddler point of view cause that is all I know.

This is all we suggesting Pankreas please don't cloud it with we want an easy game that we can finish as soon as possible, its just putting words in our mouth. Keep to facts please.

DeletedUser35277

Good grief guys, take this to Discussion somewhere. This is supposed to be Brainfarts Topic. Thanks

DeletedUser31239

I thought this is where ideas were to be suggested first for discussion. If I want this to be taken seriously where should I post it?

DeletedUser38227

More than one craft option

Hey,
I was thinking... We could be able to learn more than one type of craft...
We could evolve them, separately, each one of them...
What do you think?
:)

Doc Scurlock

The West Team
In-Game Supporter
i actually like the idea of learning another craft but can't see it happening. This was brought up before but got nowhere

DeletedUser35277

Hey,
I was thinking... We could be able to learn more than one type of craft...
We could evolve them, separately, each one of them...
What do you think?
:)

An idea cooked up by myself and another of my ally members was to invent four
completely new crafts, able to be learned and crafted by all those who have
reached level 600 in their current craft. Submitted to brain farts and never heard
anything from devs at all. I thought that one was worthy of putting to a poll for
votes.

DeletedUser35533

you know how every bad aspect of the game has staunch defenders? well learning more than 1 craft has been suggested but people complained saying that current system encourages interaction among players and its better when you can't do everything on your own.