The Brain Farts - Brainstorm of ideas here

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date

Deleted User - 1278415

Has it been discussed the fact that the Valentines day horse is faster than the Valentinus blazoned Stallion.

Practically everyone got the level 40 Valentines day horse at 200%, but only a minority got the Valentinus blazoned stallion at 150% granted it has mobility +1

This speed % should be flipped around so that those who got the harder to get horse is faster. Also why, other than to be a horse-nator, would I buy an apache, navajo, pueblo, or shoshone if I have the free Valentines day horse.

DeletedUser30224

Has it been discussed the fact that the Valentines day horse is faster than the Valentinus blazoned Stallion.

Not in this forum section. Since most people have valentines day horse, I for one would not mess with it's speed now...that would just annoy allot of people who do not have the blazoned stallion. You might want the blazoned stallion to get 200% speed as well, and that would be the sensible thing to do if a change is needed.

DeletedUser36578

What about a PVP arena called the OK Corral where a group of duelers can group together say max team of 6 people vs another group up to 6 people...

* the stats of the 6 people are avged between them
* there are rounds similar to fort battles
* could have ranking for a separate cat for team PvP battle duels
* exp/loot shared amongst your team members
* a town can send their 6 players vs another town 6 members
* doesn't have to be 6 members just max 6

Just a thought when I woke up after being tag teamed by 2 from same town...lol :eek:

A Steam train that runs from coast to coast with maybe 2-3 stops in between..

* for a fee to travel
* decreases travel time but nothing drastic
* can have train robberies like fort battles
* you will have people defend the train (those on the train)
* have those attacking the train on the ground
* could utilize the train ticket that are rec from job
* or you can purchase a ticket in the towns the train stops in
* same details as fort battles but take place on train
* train runs every 4 or 6 hrs threw out the day so there would be a schedule if you want to pay to ride it or plan an attack...
* attacks can only take place a few times per week

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

Trains have been suggested more times than I'd care to count. As for the dueller thing, multiplayer instances are currently in development and I'm guessing they might eventually incorporate something like that, so we'll just have to wait and see.

DeletedUser36417

How about a search box in the completed quests tab of the quest book. Have to scroll up and down to find certain questlines. Can be a pain at times.

JC

What about this:
When non town members come and buy items from town stores, give a percentage of sales to town bank to help beef up start up towns.At least until town gets to certain level or has a certain number of members than it stops.

DeletedUser20688

Has this been suggested yet?

10wmnuh.png

A KO icon timer similar to the new Fort Fight reminder icon and timer. This maybe could be placed in the top right along side the class icon as an alternative to my mock up here. It would only display hours and minutes.

I think this would be much more accessible than checking tool tips on status messages in the Saloon or the less detailed message in the Sheriff's Office.

I would definitely support this idea if it's already been suggested.

DeletedUser34315

I like that idea, and it would be pretty simple to code.
In fact, it might be possible to do a script that does that.

DeletedUser10095

Would anyone be interested in an Eggs (or Hearts, or whatever is next) SENT indicator? Something under the "Send 20 Eggs (20h 24m)" line that would indicate the last time that a friend sent YOU the gift?

or

Maybe at the END of an event, we could all receive a report that would read similar to a fort fight report. This report could indicate the amount of eggs received from each friend over the period of the event.

If you guys like it, I can put it together in a proper suggestion format.

DeletedUser22685

Yeah, we need some way of knowing who's not reciprocating the effort we put in to send them eggs/hearts without having to trawl through pages of reports.

ain-t-nobody-got-time-fo-dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

Nisa

Yep, I like this idea too. It's a hassle to find out who didnt send eggs, esp when you play multiple worlds.

DeletedUser35533

I got 15 people lined up to friend me but I can't take them since im overcapacity so it would be nice to know who is not giving back so I can drop them.

DeletedUser23437

another option, would be to split the hearts/or what ever they are next. For every 10 you send, you get 10... this way, even if they are not returning the favor, atleast you get half and they only get half the amount, unless they send them back.... this way, you wouldn't need to unfriend peeps who may be on vacation, as you are still getting something by sending them hearts/eggs/...

DeletedUser

another option, would be to split the hearts/or what ever they are next. For every 10 you send, you get 10... this way, even if they are not returning the favor, atleast you get half and they only get half the amount, unless they send them back.... this way, you wouldn't need to unfriend peeps who may be on vacation, as you are still getting something by sending them hearts/eggs/...

This. But it wouldn't make a big difference at all, because per day, you'll receive 60 'eggs' this way. But everyone would send more eggs to get this, maybe for next event. I like the way it is but there's always space for improvements.

DeletedUser23437

This. But it wouldn't make a big difference at all, because per day, you'll receive 60 'eggs' this way. But everyone would send more eggs to get this, maybe for next event. I like the way it is but there's always space for improvements.

not sure what you mean no difference, and only 60 eggs...

if you have 100 friends, currently you will receive 0-2000 eggs per day, depending on when and if your friends return eggs that you have sent...

with my proposal, with 100 friends, your egg gained per day if you send to all your friends will be at least 1000 a day, with an additional 0-1000 eggs depending on which of your friends return eggs to you, making your egg gain for the day from 1000 - 2000 eggs

personally, I would like this second option as I know I will get at least the minimum of 1000 eggs a day

DeletedUser35968

Pagination to sale & current bid

Please add pagination to Sale and Current Bid tabs in market window.
When there are many items for sale or to pick, the normal browser freezes.

Deleted User - 1278415

I was thinking of an idea of having a friend manager to go with these events as stated a few posts above.

Similar to town view. We could see if they have given us hearts/eggs/whatever in the past day. Also indicate if they are on vacation, or if they are banned.

This would not replace the friend bar at the bottom of the screen. This would be more of an informal location to manage the 100 friends again similar to a town member ship, or fort signup type of reporting.

*edit - I took a stab at it. http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=55104

DeletedUser35533

Im to lazy to calculate how much time I have on my vip bonus so how about a window that shows a countdown of how many hour and minutes I have before expiration.(make displaying it optional if you think it may overburden the interface.)

DeletedUser35968

Im to lazy to calculate how much time I have on my vip bonus so how about a window that shows a countdown of how many hour and minutes I have before expiration.(make displaying it optional if you think it may overburden the interface.)
you can see the ending time when hovering over VIP icon.

DeletedUser36657

Just a small idea--when you are in a fort battle, instead of searching for your name on either the defending or attacking groups,-----could you make our names on top--no matter which side of the fort fight you were on?

DeletedUser34315

Just a small idea--when you are in a fort battle, instead of searching for your name on either the defending or attacking groups,-----could you make our names on top--no matter which side of the fort fight you were on?

That sounds quite handy.