The Brain Farts - Brainstorm of ideas here

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I don't understand that, elmyr. How would being able to see where your allies set their targets during recruitment prevent people from aiming at advents(and what does that even mean? We auto-target for shooting) Also, how would westforts use that?

Because shut up that's why! I don't remember, it made sense when I said it. ;)

DeletedUser30224

Gandalf, I agree with you, Elmo must have had something stronger than usual to drink :D

IplugNPlay, I'd advise against creating your idea as it has been discussed in the past and rejected, I am quite sure it will not pass again.

DeletedUser35143

I was just wondering, and decided to ask here because i must not be the first to think about it.

I don't see why people would oppose to it.

Only the generals would be able to see where targets are set.
and only before the battle. Yes that information is still quite sensitive so it shouldnt be able for externals to see.

I don't understand the aim at advents argument but I am sober right now... maybe thats why hahahaha

anyway thanks for some replies :)
(ill sit on the idea for a while, thinking of how it can work. would like as much negative input as possible...so please reply why this should NOT be made [and remember be sober when replying])

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

Iplug, if I remember correctly, a similar idea raised hell because hiders are not willing to publicize their targets, simple as that. I would not be against this idea, in fact I'd support it, but The West is not comprised of only unselfish people i'm afraid.

DeletedUser35143

Mhh its not like we can't see who is hiding (offliners)
Its harder to spot online hiders, but thats not the problem i am tackling :S

DeletedUser20688

Would anyone see a use in having a customizable Achievement Tracker?

I'm thinking this would be similar to the Quest Tracker but you can tag up to three (?) achievements to track that would be easily accessible like the Quest Tracker and would of course update as you progressed.

This can save the need to dig around the Achievement windows to see the same achievements over and over again.

Apelatia

I think that would be a great idea orgo! Especially for those of us whose current goal it is to collect achievements, as that is, in many cases, the only thing left to do...

DeletedUser30224

Make a new thread out of it, I think it will draw attention. As always, if you can, add a screenshot or two ... a picture says a thousand words :)

DeletedUser

I think there should be a way to recognise when an item is in the alliance market or in the world market.
Sometimes you search for stuff and the world/alliance stuff appears alltogether. It wouldn't hurt to have a different color for alliance/world items.

DeletedUser

Other idea that I think is worth.
There's a rank by experience (which in my opinion is useless since there is a level cap, but anyway), the ranking by Dueling level (which is good only for half of the popuplation) and since there's achievements, I think it would be interesting to have a rank by achievements.

DeletedUser35533

few minor ideas I have are
1. put a compass on a fort screen ( I can shop a pic if you want ) it can be right next to the round counter.
from time to time I get confused about which way is which and that could help with that. (looked around and no one seems to have suggested it)
2. super minor thing , rename Fair bandana to Fair bowtie.
3. no more server time recruitment for the quests (except for very few like golden colt)
more than once I had to stay up all night to hit the right server time ,thats not my idea of fun so have it taken out or given an option to pay with bonds or nuggets to bypass it (the down side is they may start putting unreasonable server times in every quest )

btw Removing the quest limit. (how many quest you can start ) has been passed for years ,is it ever getting implemented?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1. put a compass on a fort screen ( I can shop a pic if you want ) it can be right next to the round counter.
from time to time I get confused about which way is which and that could help with that.

Seriously? It's just like a map, north is up. :p I mean go for it, it's a simple suggestion and not entirely unreasonable.

3. no more server time recruitment for the quests (except for very few like golden colt)
more than once I had to stay up all night to hit the right server time ,thats not my idea of fun so have it taken out or given an option to pay with bonds or nuggets to bypass it (the down side is they may start putting unreasonable server times in every quest )

Not minor, but been suggested in various forms. I think it would get a huge yes vote, with no coming entirely from people who say, "I did it the hard way, so you should have to as well!" All for it, but it's not going to happen.

btw Removing the quest limit. (how many quest you can start ) has been passed for years ,is it ever getting implemented?

Since it was raised to 15 quests last update, I doubt removing the limit will happen.

DeletedUser30224

Other idea that I think is worth.
There's a rank by experience (which in my opinion is useless since there is a level cap, but anyway), the ranking by Dueling level (which is good only for half of the popuplation) and since there's achievements, I think it would be interesting to have a rank by achievements.

I will suggest your proposal for consideration. I believe this is nothing new, I remember seeing somewhere others wanting an achievement ranking and frankly I think it will enhance the competitiveness even if in practice achievements are mostly in the nuggeters' pockets.

from time to time I get confused about which way is which and that could help with that. (looked around and no one seems to have suggested it)
2. super minor thing , rename Fair bandana to Fair bowtie.

I'll submit number 1 and 2, you'll definitely have to make a thread out of Number 3 if you want any continuation and feedback on it.

DeletedUser23437

I have 2 things I would like to put up, one maybe liked and may have been put forward before, the other, I am sure will have many critics.

1. Ranking at ffs, it would be great if above private stage there were 1-2 more lvls of ranking... this would allow rankers to plan a bit more with the order peeps move during the battle... maybe a sergeant and a major

2. Now this may bring more critics to bear... I know Inno is working on formulas for ffing, I would like to throw another twist in their thought process, as I read, they would like to see more peeps participating in ffs. So, I would propose that sides would get a bonus for having online players at the fight...
How this would work, is for every online player the attacker has, they gain 1 pt, and for each defender online, the attackers lose 1 pt... pts toward what, could be resistance, damage, chance to hit, etc... kind of the developers decision...
The reason for this it would encourage those ranking to take into consideration those peeps that are actually online, even the small players, without just disregarding them because their HP is to low, and would get more players overall coming to ffs. Yes, this may make some 'tanks' upset, but I think if you are a true tank and offline, you would still be chosen, but if you are offline with 3,4, or 5k hp and an onliner with say 1-2k is available, maybe he would be chosen, for the online bonus, instead of just told he is to small...

Again, these are just some thoughts ;)

DeletedUser35533

have ranking filters been suggested?
to give rankers a way to filter out people that don't have a current amount hp (max hp) and are not online or on location?
how about a pop out window (like for the in game forum ) so that rankers can better see all the players ?

DeletedUser

what about raising it to 20 ?

It probably has a better chance of passing. I can see why you did bring this up though, with all the new quests that require travel and leave a quest open with the saloon NPC until you make the trip. Factor in dailies you forgot or were unable to complete, quests with time reqs, etc 15 does fill up fast.

What if daily quests weren't included in the limit? I don't know if that would help you or how the devs would feel about it.

to give rankers a way to filter out people that don't have a current amount hp (max hp) and are not online or on location?
how about a pop out window (like for the in game forum ) so that rankers can better see all the players ?

In a couple forms. I think one was submitted to allow sorting by health and location in the recruiting window.

DeletedUser30224

I have 2 things I would like to put up, one maybe liked and may have been put forward before, the other, I am sure will have many critics.

1. Ranking at ffs, it would be great if above private stage there were 1-2 more lvls of ranking... this would allow rankers to plan a bit more with the order peeps move during the battle... maybe a sergeant and a major

2. Now this may bring more critics to bear... I know Inno is working on formulas for ffing, I would like to throw another twist in their thought process, as I read, they would like to see more peeps participating in ffs. So, I would propose that sides would get a bonus for having online players at the fight...
How this would work, is for every online player the attacker has, they gain 1 pt, and for each defender online, the attackers lose 1 pt... pts toward what, could be resistance, damage, chance to hit, etc... kind of the developers decision...
The reason for this it would encourage those ranking to take into consideration those peeps that are actually online, even the small players, without just disregarding them because their HP is to low, and would get more players overall coming to ffs. Yes, this may make some 'tanks' upset, but I think if you are a true tank and offline, you would still be chosen, but if you are offline with 3,4, or 5k hp and an onliner with say 1-2k is available, maybe he would be chosen, for the online bonus, instead of just told he is to small...

Again, these are just some thoughts ;)

I often hear that higher rank gives you supernatural powers and you perform better in fights ... which is simply not true. I'd be happy with a single rank, not more ranks. That will only add to the debate of people deserving or not deserving a higher rank ...no thank you.

You can arrange people in the ranking screen by HP, you can hide ranked, hide people not at fort and so on ... more than enough resources are available to the ranker to make easy and fast decisions.

DeletedUser23437

I often hear that higher rank gives you supernatural powers and you perform better in fights ... which is simply not true. I'd be happy with a single rank, not more ranks. That will only add to the debate of people deserving or not deserving a higher rank ...no thank you.

never said, or thought it gave 'supernatural powers' or helped you fight better... the reason for rank is higher ranks move/go 1st... the idea is only to make it so the fighters can be placed in more waves of movement.... and the debate of who gets a rank and doesn't already exists....

maybe ranking should just be removed, and 'rankers' only choose if you get to fight or not, and ranking is something Enno does automatically... based on number of ffs you have attended...

DeletedUser30224

never said, or thought it gave 'supernatural powers' or helped you fight better... the reason for rank is higher ranks move/go 1st... the idea is only to make it so the fighters can be placed in more waves of movement.... and the debate of who gets a rank and doesn't already exists....

maybe ranking should just be removed, and 'rankers' only choose if you get to fight or not, and ranking is something Enno does automatically... based on number of ffs you have attended...

Oh, but I was not referring to your comment, it's often how people see ranks. How many times I was whispered to rank people as captains just because their premium is activated, or because last battle was hard and they could have saved it ... thus my sarcastic comment with supernatural powers :)