The Brain Farts - Brainstorm of ideas here

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date

DeletedUser12734

I have a Brain Fart! :D
A tab in the market showing "Recently Added" items. I think this would be more useful than "Ending Soon"; so there will be no need to re-search all the categories to see what's new. It's a pain going thru all categories and lists every time :(

DeletedUser22685

You can do an empty search, sort it by "Auction Ends" in reverse order and assume that most items added will be there for 7 days. That's an annoying workaround though, so I'd say yes to something like you've suggested.

DeletedUser

Mountain Fort Battle

Here's a thought for the mountain area ...
Make a fort there without battle limits. It costs $25,000 to initiate a battle, but the controlling alliance, every member gets one bond per day while their alliance controls the fort. This will encourage participation in alliances. It will also encourage allied alliances to fight one another. There can only be one battle at this giant fort each day. In order to recieve beneficial bonds, an alliance must hold the fort for more than 48 hours. This will encourage everyone to participate in more fort battles, but more importantly, it will encourage and promote inter-alliance communications - yes, both inside the alliance and outside the alliance. Alliances will have to work together to defeat the occupying enemy. However, the reward for occupation is awesome within that alliance.

DeletedUser22493

I like that idea. Perhaps something we could add in the middle of the map?

DeletedUser34315

Here's a thought for the mountain area ...
Make a fort there without battle limits. It costs $25,000 to initiate a battle, but the controlling alliance, every member gets one bond per day while their alliance controls the fort. This will encourage participation in alliances. It will also encourage allied alliances to fight one another. There can only be one battle at this giant fort each day. In order to recieve beneficial bonds, an alliance must hold the fort for more than 48 hours. This will encourage everyone to participate in more fort battles, but more importantly, it will encourage and promote inter-alliance communications - yes, both inside the alliance and outside the alliance. Alliances will have to work together to defeat the occupying enemy. However, the reward for occupation is awesome within that alliance.

I love it! You should make it a formal suggestion, this would be really neat!

DeletedUser

I'm quite sure someone has suggested this before I just don't want to read through 57 pages of this forum so. I would like to see something for workers and adventurers they can have on them to give them a small advantage against the duelers who insist on attacking while we are working when a dueler KO's us during a quest it completely screws us in getting the bonds for the day. There are a lot of you duelers who in your attempts to be the best at your "skill" take complete advantage of the non-duelers. I understand the reasons I just would like to see something that allows non-duelers the ability to put up a decent attempt at defending against you.

Deleted User - 1693871

Another one that someone else has perhaps suggested already.

Whenever I put something on the market for a town or alliance member, there's that moment after I put the item up when I wonder if I forgot to change the drop down menu from 'Anyone' to town or alliance. I often end up taking the item back down again and putting it back up with my eyes glued to the drop down menu.

It would be useful, instead, if in the Sales screen there was a column showing a Town, Alliance, Open market offer, a bit the way we have a column in our reports showing how we have set individual reports. That way, once we put offers up, it is easy to double check on the Sales screen that everything is as it should be. :)

DeletedUser

Another one that someone else has perhaps suggested already.

Whenever I put something on the market for a town or alliance member, there's that moment after I put the item up when I wonder if I forgot to change the drop down menu from 'Anyone' to town or alliance. I often end up taking the item back down again and putting it back up with my eyes glued to the drop down menu.

It would be useful, instead, if in the Sales screen there was a column showing a Town, Alliance, Open market offer, a bit the way we have a column in our reports showing how we have set individual reports. That way, once we put offers up, it is easy to double check on the Sales screen that everything is as it should be. :)

I do exactly the same and then go to check in the sales tab and cannot see the message I left or check the distribution settings. It would be a great little addition to be able to see both the comment you left and the settings for who can view the sale.

DeletedUser

Drama Queens

Hi there. This is my first time on here. Just a couple things. Has it been discussed about the time allocated for going to the Bandits hideout for the drama queen quest? I live in a zone that is 6 hours behind server time. It's usually not a problem but I really am not going to set my alarm for 2 a.m. just to do this small part of a quest. It seems time zones were not considered??? :huh:
And one other thing, I am a die hard world 10 player. There's not much there, but I carry on. I got the quest "Pony express-a message for a friend". I can't do it. :eek:So do I miss out on 50 bonds?

thanks for any info,

red

DeletedUser22685

Hi there. This is my first time on here. Just a couple things. Has it been discussed about the time allocated for going to the Bandits hideout for the drama queen quest? I live in a zone that is 6 hours behind server time. It's usually not a problem but I really am not going to set my alarm for 2 a.m. just to do this small part of a quest. It seems time zones were not considered??? :huh:

Time requirements have been around for a long time and if this is the first one that's been hard for you, you should consider yourself lucky.

redballjet said:
And one other thing, I am a die hard world 10 player. There's not much there, but I carry on. I got the quest "Pony express-a message for a friend". I can't do it. :eek:So do I miss out on 50 bonds?

You'll be able to do it when you migrate.

DeletedUser

Here's a casual idea - once you've unlocked the picture of a person at a point, they stay unlocked, even if they don't have quests.

DeletedUser22493

Might get confusing eventually.. :p There are allot of them out there.

DeletedUser22685

How exactly would that be useful? Not that I wouldn't mind it, I just don't see the reason behind suggesting it.

DeletedUser

When that was first implemented, I thought that was how it was going to work. I hate having all those question marks, I'd rather see them full myself.

DeletedUser

Exactly, Elmyr. I know it doesn't add anything huge to the game, but on the whole, it makes me feel more fulfilled with these travelling quests. Like using up ghost towns and making the world look more full.

After all, you've been somewhere; you know this lady or man is there... why should their face be locked again, forever?

I can't imagine it making anything that much more unweildy.

DeletedUser

The old market system used to have a flag to indicate whether an item was for town only, alliance only, or on the world market. While the new market system is a huge improvement over the old one, it would be nice to have this flag back.

DeletedUser

Here's an idea I had. I've seen some people complaining that a quest with a time on it is tough for them. Living in GMT, this is no problem for me.

But I figured it could be evened up with a few timed quests that would be more convenient for other time zones.

DeletedUser22685

There have been many suggestions to fix that problem over the years, but making more quests that will favour different time zones is not a good one IMO. We've seen with the recent Soap Opera quest that those people who have had it easy with time requirements do not take kindly to those that suit the other half of the world for a change, so all this would do is cause more complaints.

I'm still on the fence about these timed quests. I know first hand how annoying they can be, but due to certain spoiler sites and the new job system, the only semi-difficult quests remaining are those with time requirements (yeah, I say semi-difficult, it's not really as hard to set an alarm and be up for a couple of minutes at 3 AM as some people make out), and I'd like at least a bit of a challenge to remain in questing. The best suggestion we've had is to implement a second time requirement for each quest 12 hours apart from the original one.

DeletedUser

The best suggestion we've had is to implement a second time requirement for each quest 12 hours apart from the original one.

Redmanphill was CM when that was brought up and it sounded like it was going to happen.

DeletedUser

Silly idea here - when the horse you're riding walks, it walks forward to light brown spots, and leaves behind dark brown spots.

Perhaps it could walk forward to like, little red piles of apples?

At the least it shows better on the map. Also, it's a laugh.

And honestly, brown spots?

Last edited by a moderator: