The Brain Farts - Brainstorm of ideas here

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Each element of the west has its pro's and cons. One of the cons of dueling and pros of doing jobs instead is the potential drop of an item only when working. I think it is important for game balance for it to remain this way.

DeletedUser22575

I agree.

Drops and dueling should be independent of each other.

Having drops for jobs and dueling would give an unneeded edge to those classes that are not really dueling classes.

DeletedUser29312

How about if you win a duel and depending on by how much you win or by how much experience you gain - there is a slim chance of taking an article of clothing away from your opponent's wear. not only do you have a chance of stealing money from him/her, you also have a chance of stealing an item of theirs...Just A thought!

DeletedUser22575

How about if you win a duel and depending on by how much you win or by how much experience you gain - there is a slim chance of taking an article of clothing away from your opponent's wear. not only do you have a chance of stealing money from him/her, you also have a chance of stealing an item of theirs...Just A thought!

NO.

This should not happen either.

DeletedUser25632

and a thought that has been brought up many times and is on the Do Not Suggest list.

DeletedUser

I was just thinking about this, and decided to post it here, can't hurt.

I think that shooting should be a fort fighting skill. Aim does not matter at all if you do not know how to pull the trigger. That is why I say that each point you put in shooting increases your hit by a certain percentage. Something small like 0.1% per point. That way, if you have 100 points in shooting, and you hit a person for 100 damage, you actually deal 110 damage. More realistically, if you have 150 points in shooting and hit for 250 damage, you actually hit for 287.5 or 288 damage. Not much, but it would be cool.

What do you think?

Note: Percentage may increase to make it more significant

DeletedUser9470

I think that shooting should be a fort fighting skill. Aim does not matter at all if you do not know how to pull the trigger. That is why I say that each point you put in shooting increases your hit by a certain percentage. Something small like 0.1% per point. That way, if you have 100 points in shooting, and you hit a person for 100 damage, you actually deal 110 damage. More realistically, if you have 150 points in shooting and hit for 250 damage, you actually hit for 287.5 or 288 damage. Not much, but it would be cool.

What do you think?

if you add shooting as a FB skill then you have to add vigor as well.

this wouldnt work as duellers would be the best fort fighters, so everyone would opt to be a dueller fort fighter.
so no from me on this.
:)

DeletedUser

That is a good point, but I figured with the percentage being so small, it wouldn't be that much of an advantage

DeletedUser

I've been considering shooting/vigor as a fort skill for a while but doubted it would go over very well... I was considering, shooting = increased damage; vigor = decreased damage taken.

Only problem I could see is that in fort fighting there are already 3 "job skills" (Hiding, Leadership, Stamina) and 3 "Dueling skills" (Aim, Dodge, Health) so by adding shooting/vigor although these can be considered job skills they are most highly invested in by duelers and would give duelers an edge on fort skill (5 skills that are used for dueling AND fort fighting) I think that adding these skills would create an imbalance to the game...

DeletedUser

your proposal would toughen the tanks even further. The skills for fort fight were carefully chosen, and are IMO perfect the way they are. additional skills would just muck with the balance that is so hardly obtainable.

DeletedUser20647

What do you think?

This is at least 10 times stronger than all the fort battle skills together (not counting HP).

DeletedUser

What i was thinking is that it would be awesome if there's a ranking for "Construction points earned" not skill points on construction points.
Just like exp earned via duelling.

Right now the ranking is telling nothing, who cares how many points u got on your construction, what i would like to show off with is how much construction i have done, town + fort construction combined.

Right now builders are doing all the work building towns and forts but appreciation u get for that is nearly nothing...

Has it been suggested before ? And what do you think ? Worth of suggesting ?

DeletedUser

What i was thinking is that it would be awesome if there's a ranking for "Construction points earned" not skill points on construction points.
Just like exp earned via duelling.

Right now the ranking is telling nothing, who cares how many points u got on your construction, what i would like to show off with is how much construction i have done, town + fort construction combined.

Right now builders are doing all the work building towns and forts but appreciation u get for that is nearly nothing...

Has it been suggested before ? And what do you think ? Worth of suggesting ?

Being the competitive person I am, any additional rankings are great imo. I agree that having say 400 points in construction means nothing if you spend your days doing jobs and not actually building.

On a sort of related note, It would be nice for the rankings to have ascending and descending functions on the other columns too, not just the first column so you can order towns by duelling points or average level etc.

DeletedUser

I am putting this here because i don't feel like using the proper format, maybe later.

Why do they call the "Dishwasher to Millionaire" Medal what they do? Last I checked there is no Dishwasher job in "The West" I looked up a few sites to see if it is a popular phrase somwhere but no luck... hmmmm

Perhaps "Shoe-Shine to Millionaire" would be more appropriate.

DeletedUser

I think we should be allowed to queue up a duel against a sleeping player and just wait however long it takes for the player to leave the hotel. Instead of the red notice popping up saying "This player is sleeping ..." maybe a yellow one can pop up saying "This player is sleeping in the hotel right now. The duel will proceed once the player wakes up and leaves the hotel."

The idea is loosely based off of how people would get ambushed by a dueler when they exit the hotel or saloon in the movies. Some ideas on how to keep this idea from being abused or too powerful:

- Place a limit on the number of players that can be waiting for a sleeping player
- The sleeping player has some chance to avoid the attacker waiting
- It cost the attacker some amount of energy/motivation per some time of waiting

DeletedUser2474

Thinking of fort points and trying to work out a way to reward the towns that actually work towards building them up. Maybe the construction points from the building could be a permanent points increase the same as a towns building points. Then if the fort is lost with half completion and the next owners don't improve the fort they only have the fort "score" based on it's construction while they hold it like it is now. Another town then takes the fort and finishes off the construction. They get the points permanently for the construction they do but their score is the fort "score" based on the current system unless they lose the fort, at which point they hold the construction points they did to the fort.

This will mean that it is just as important to build up a fort as it is to own one now. While a fort fighting town will get the benefit in points of the forts they currently own, a building town who get their towns finished fast enough to build a fort. Don't simply throw money away for nothing when that fort is later taken after they complete the construction. Any thoughts? Or any suggestions on if this could be worth taking to a full idea?

DeletedUser22685

I'm all for anything that would make my builder (or any builders, for that matter) worthwhile. Would be nice to see not only who is the best fort fighting town or the best dueling town, but also which town has kept the best builders from back in the old days when forts were unbuilt and towns needed constructing.

DeletedUser

I was thinking of something similar to make builders useful by allowing perpetual building on town halls. Even if it was simply for nothing but town points. A town of pure builders would actually be able to add a lot of points to a town pretty fast.

Deleted User - 1278415

there have been a few. mostly this area has stopped several threads from just being posted out right. when people just want to throw something out and have their thoughts read.