The Brain Farts - Brainstorm of ideas here

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Not sure if this idea is worthy but thought about putting it in as a minor idea.....

When in your residence under town hall, you can scroll over a name and get the info popup of "Hours online while in town" Just thought it would be a decent feature..

I dont require anything in my town other than activity, but that doesnt mean loggin in once a day just to get the bonus and leaving... If this would be implemented you would be able to see who is the most active in your town.... also who reached what milestone with the least clocked hours...

Just a half thought out idea....prolly not worthy of even a minor idea, but thought I'd put it out there.

I think an easier way to do this is just log the last log in time next to each player. That way we can see when they log in and eventually deduce how often. Easier for the devs, and I've seen this feature on other games of this type.

DeletedUser

Town safe and p2p trading

I was thinking that if in towns u could have a vault/safe to put gear or quest mats for other members to withdrawl or deposit for others or another option would be to have a player to player trading system where if both players are at the same locale they can initiate trade if online at same time. I have wanted to "give" my town members items to help them with their quests or their gear and cannot do it unless i throw it in market real cheap and hope they are able to snatch it up before anyone else. It is frustrating when they arent quick enough to get it and would like to see something like this integrated within the game.

Thanx;

eze1417

DeletedUser25632

Honestly I can't see that getting implemented in any way because there's no reason for a vault or safe to put gear into they want things to keep their value somewhat, money needs to be thrown around.

Also, I don't see a person to person trade coming but I may be mistaken. Currently in the market you can set an item to Town Members, Alliance, or Anyone, if you're putting the item in Town Member only or Alliance only and someone is snatching it up, you have another issue in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Idea for a holiday quest

How about father time's cloak(new years), we need something in the clothing area and maybe it could give some insane number to labor points. Just an idea.

DeletedUser24613

ADVENT CALENDAR- the things that are being given with the ADVENT CALENDAR i think should be offered in general store where you can buy them. if needed make it where you have to build more on the store in order to get these items. these items would improve the game even more. i know they sure helped me with a lot of the quest i have been doing.

Deleted User - 1278415

ADVENT CALENDAR- the things that are being given with the ADVENT CALENDAR i think should be offered in general store where you can buy them. if needed make it where you have to build more on the store in order to get these items. these items would improve the game even more. i know they sure helped me with a lot of the quest i have been doing.

I've heard that in the next version 1.30... there will be about 30 more jobs added to the game. possibly they will be to collect licorice, and other similar items. The % might be different.

I would say after 1.30 comes out if you dont find the advent items listed on any jobs then we can suggest this as a full idea.

DeletedUser26406

there are no Advent items from jobs!
Trust me I play there and read the quest forum therre!!!

Deleted User - 1278415

John, I have an account on beta that I just never play, so there is no need to bold your text and make your self sound like a big deal. And yes I read the forums over there occasionally and have seen you post the same threads that get shut down over here to only be posted over there and complain about our management style.

But to get back on some kind of topic:
So now that we have 1.3 live, it might be worthwhile to discuss usable items in stores or found on future jobs.

DeletedUser

I like this idea, would be great if we could buy this items in a store. :up:

DeletedUser

I've been thinking of some kind of an archive for the telegrams. An archive where you can move your reports from the main "report page". get my drift? There should be an option to archive all messages that you want to keep so you don't erase them by mistake.

DeletedUser24810

Proposal
We could add more job advance.
Current Workaround
lvl 10 job advance into soilder,worcker,dueler, and adventure.
Details
we could like lvl 20 stroneger worcker,lvl 50 expert worger,lvl70 master worker and lvl 90 expert master worcker lvl100 godness worcker.ang go on fo orther classes.
Summary
Player could set a goal to become godness classes and have bones state.sry wrong place

DeletedUser

I don't know if it has been posted somewhere else in the forums but I have and idea. What if we could have a closet area, or something of the sort that we could put together the particular outfits we want to use with each particular job, kind of like an automated outfitter. That way let's say you have several different jobs you are working overnight, when you switched over to the next job, your outfitter would automatically change your wardrobe inventory over to what you have set up in your closet. Don't know if it is doable or if others think it would be a help. Just an idea.

Deleted User - 1278415

I don't know if it has been posted somewhere else in the forums but I have and idea. What if we could have a closet area, or something of the sort that we could put together the particular outfits we want to use with each particular job, kind of like an automated outfitter. That way let's say you have several different jobs you are working overnight, when you switched over to the next job, your outfitter would automatically change your wardrobe inventory over to what you have set up in your closet. Don't know if it is doable or if others think it would be a help. Just an idea.

There are some 3rd party add ons that aid you in doing that manually yourself. Auto setting the clothes automatically is against the rules.

I use an old add on that helps me... but hasn't been updated to include the pants/belts yet. It allows you to save the clothes you had on, and then reapplys them as you had them on, however if your doing a job that required a piece of clothing then it wont be able to change that piece of clothing until you are no longer required to have that article of clothing on for the required job.
The West Wardrobe Script

I also use the addon The Saloon Bar to aid me in telling me the best outfits to wear based on my inventory which includes pants/belts now.

As for adding it to the game... I doubt the developers would include a way to auto set up the best clothes as that is a challenge of the game to figure out what works best in different situations. If you just have an easy-all solution then why have clothes at all since the game is going to do it all for you anyway.

DeletedUser

Send yourself an invite back to town

I think we need to be able to send ourselves an invite back to town if we leave to go shopping, for example my town on world 1 THE WATCHMEN, I sent my town member a message asking to send me an invite back to town because i was going shopping. Well i went shopping and the town member read my message and never replied or sent me an invite.

Maybe we can give ourselves an invite to our own town and it would expire say after two weeks. Also once we get back to town our founder and counsler status should be re-instated.

DeletedUser563

i already suggested this idea before was rejected by many(to save you some time). there is a planned wardrobe where you store a particular outfit. However it don't change automatic. Current workaround check the scripts(not certain of forum name) there is code for a wardrobe which will become redundant once they implement it in game.

I suffer from laziness here is the threadhttp://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=40256

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Random Drops from Duels

This just seems to make since to me...why do we not have some random item drops from duels? The higher rank the target, the more value of the potential drop. In the real old west, a cowboy would have been stripped of gear after losing a duel...I'm not suggesting that but it does seem that some random equipment drops would make sense.