The Brain Farts - Brainstorm of ideas here

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date

DeletedUser

This idea is simply to drain money out of the game while making job sites a bit more entertaining.

Issue:There is too much game currency, particularly in the end game.

Proposal: adding special jobs on the map that require an entrance fee before being able to do them either a 1 time large fee or an incurring payment each time you do the job.The reward for doing such job would be extra experience.

Alternatively: no special jobs added,the existing jobs simply have an additional option to do it better for an in game fee,for example buy extra gear/map/mules/<insert widget> to be more efficient at the job.
Reward is extra experience or higher chance for product drop or something similar.

Named weapons:same as above but also have an extremely small chance of finding a named weapon if you pay a fee for the job .

Bodyguards:For the fee that you pay at the job site,you can hire an NPC that will take 1 (and only 1) free shot at any dueler engaging you while doing the job.

DeletedUser22575

would there be jobs that all levels could do with the entrance fee so low levels could participate also?

DeletedUser

would there be jobs that all levels could do with the entrance fee so low levels could participate also?

When i was low level i was starved for cash even with premium so i think the issue is really by mid level-end game.

But you are right though some players might still want to burn whatever cash they have on hand for a chance to get either better experience and level faster or to be able to have a higher chance of getting products (like for fort ect..) or having a better chance at finding named weapons. In the last case this would be like trading game cash to temporarily get more labor points.

So while originally low level players weren't my focus i think you brought a valid point,they should be included too,although obviously the bigger impact is geared more towards the high end.

Deleted User - 1278415

This idea is simply to drain money out of the game while making job sites a bit more entertaining.

Issue:There is too much game currency, particularly in the end game.

Proposal: adding special jobs on the map that require an entrance fee before being able to do them either a 1 time large fee or an incurring payment each time you do the job.The reward for doing such job would be extra experience.

Alternatively: no special jobs added,the existing jobs simply have an additional option to do it better for an in game fee,for example buy extra gear/map/mules/<insert widget> to be more efficient at the job.
Reward is extra experience or higher chance for product drop or something similar.

Named weapons:same as above but also have an extremely small chance of finding a named weapon if you pay a fee for the job .

Bodyguards:For the fee that you pay at the job site,you can hire an NPC that will take 1 (and only 1) free shot at any dueler engaging you while doing the job.

I like that idea... similar to the concept on westwars they have a tier of jobs for the gold rush to get money out more for bragging rights.

DeletedUser

@GoodFeather Yeap I just recently logged on into that came after being away from for months and there are lots of changes to it from when it started,but yeah would be a similar model.

The fort-fighting and dueling and questing in TheWest is fairly entertaining and has variaty but the job aspect doesn't have enough spice and could be made more fun imo.So this would be 1 stone for 2 birds :)

Deleted User - 1278415

I just had a funny idea thought for when after pants comes about... that if you dont wear pants you wont be offered any quests in the saloon because your not decently dressed lol Or just have 1 ! from Maya or Sherriff - Opposite of your character gender that says you look like you be feelin a draft put on some pants boy.

Yes hopefully the intial clothes give you a gray pair of ragged pants too lol

DeletedUser

I just had a funny idea thought for when after pants comes about... that if you dont wear pants you wont be offered any quests in the saloon because your not decently dressed lol Or just have 1 ! from Maya or Sherriff - Opposite of your character gender that says you look like you be feelin a draft put on some pants boy.

Yes hopefully the intial clothes give you a gray pair of ragged pants too lol

Ahaha that's good I understand the sheriff would object being law and order and all,but Maya?

She is after all a ....humm... "dancer" :laugh:

Deleted User - 1278415

Ahaha that's good I understand the sheriff would object being law and order and all,but Maya?

She is after all a ....humm... "dancer" :laugh:

Well wouldnt Maya want the gals to wear pants or they cut into her business profits :laugh:

DeletedUser29580

fort materials calculator

Hi Guys!
Not sure if it is right to post it here, if not: you are free to delete, just send me a message you did it, thanks!

I am a builder on several worlds and missed a calculator for fort materials.
Since someone made me master builder of 5 different forts, I really needed one in order to manage all materials going to the right forts.
That is why I made one myself in excel, though not 100% accurate, i find it a very use full guideline.
If some one is interested to try, just leave me a message with e-mail address.

In case someone else has made one to, just let me know where to find it, thanks!

Deleted User - 1278415

Hi Guys!
Not sure if it is right to post it here, if not: you are free to delete, just send me a message you did it, thanks!

I am a builder on several worlds and missed a calculator for fort materials.
Since someone made me master builder of 5 different forts, I really needed one in order to manage all materials going to the right forts.
That is why I made one myself in excel, though not 100% accurate, i find it a very use full guideline.
If some one is interested to try, just leave me a message with e-mail address.

In case someone else has made one to, just let me know where to find it, thanks!

Yea this area is kind of a free for all to discuss ideas and say intial thoughts about ideas and maybe gather some feedback before spending a lot of time on an idea only to be shot down immediately. So you used it as I had hoped, correctly.

Ive been a pure builder on several worlds:
You might want to check out the following calculator to help with build time:
http://thewest.mygamesonline.org/build.html

As for fort supplies needed I always went off of:
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=36373

DeletedUser29580

Keep the bagpack sorted after sale or donation

I surged the forum but couldn't find it:

When I sell item to a store, the traveling sales man or donate items at a fort, after my first sale/donation all items are mixed up, i always have to closed the screen and re-open it.
I think it would be handy when items stay sorted as they were.

Only when i sell "Multiple items" it stays correct.

Deleted User - 1278415

I surged the forum but couldn't find it:

When I sell item to a store, the traveling sales man or donate items at a fort, after my first sale/donation all items are mixed up, i always have to closed the screen and re-open it.
I think it would be handy when items stay sorted as they were.

Only when i sell "Multiple items" it stays correct.

Sorry that would be an issue for the Bugs area not this area. We are talking about creating more bugs... umm features for the game here.

Ive seen the issue you referenced though and yes closing out and reopening it usually forces the inventory window to refresh.

DeletedUser20647

I was thinking, perhaps it would be nice if the walls/towers would give you a bonus based on your fort skills instead of a fixed one like they do now. At the moment, HP simply is a way better skill to put your points in as a fort fighter than any other skill, so this change should make fort skills more important and would probably make tanks less interesting(?) to play.

Right now you get this at a big fort, maxed tower:
27 aim/20 dodge/20 class

Something like this seems better though:

somewhere between 17 and 47 aim/somewhere between 10 and 40 dodge/10 class

On your class' tower, without skills, you currently get a bonus of 47 to aim and 40 to dodge. So I suggest, change this to 27/20 without skills and to 57/50 with very high skills.
I just took these as an example to explain the idea, the bonus can be different ofcourse.

What do you think?

DeletedUser

What do you think?
That won't remove tanks completely - if your goal is to remove tanks, then duelers should get crits chance increased. ;)

But I totally like the idea. It's stupid and pretty illogical that for example a wall bonus adds a fixed number to nonexisting chance to dodge to pure HP defender. It should add a percentage of only default chance in this case, and that would be only a percentage of 10.
Also, if the sector bonuses worked like that, it's possible that ppl would specialize for attacks only or defense only. Unlike current pretty much the same builds, that would bring more build varieties into the game and with more different builds, come more different strategies unlike current only two:
1. pure HP players in front, the rest keep behind and shoot
2. no HP = let's play lemmings

Please repost this idea in a separate major idea thread and I'll say yes and star it with five.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1278415

Ahh as a reader I can say it sounds good to me :) you should consider making that into a full blown idea.

DeletedUser20647

Sorry, I didn't think of something else before I posted my idea.. the base aim of 25. I think this change would unbalance that, so dropping the base aim would become part of the whole idea and that would unbalance other things, which makes it really complicated, so I am not sure if this is actually possible :(

Deleted User - 1278415

Well I was looking at it from the stance of the future as I've read somewhere and I cant find it now... roadmap, dev blog, or beta forum that fort shops will have alternate fort maps that can be bought using fort treasury money to modify the layout of the fort.

That way it isnt always the same ol same ol mount back wall and grab flag.

Again I dont know where I read that at but it really had me intrested in it.

DeletedUser

I was thinking of having a gun belts and saddles added to the game.

A narrow gun belt slot between the shirt and shoe slots. If you for instance have a duel sidearm belt equipped, you can't equip a gun. Same with a sidearm\machete combo belt. A single sidearm belt can have stats that aid in fort battles.

Moving the gun and product slot up, one can add a saddle slot. Equipping a saddle can for example add some stamina, appearance or health points. The options are endless and will be based on the devs creativity I guess.

Don't know how good an idea it is, but an idea nevertheless.

DeletedUser

Not sure if this idea is worthy but thought about putting it in as a minor idea.....

When in your residence under town hall, you can scroll over a name and get the info popup of "Hours online while in town" Just thought it would be a decent feature..

I dont require anything in my town other than activity, but that doesnt mean loggin in once a day just to get the bonus and leaving... If this would be implemented you would be able to see who is the most active in your town.... also who reached what milestone with the least clocked hours...

Just a half thought out idea....prolly not worthy of even a minor idea, but thought I'd put it out there.