The Brain Farts - Brainstorm of ideas here

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date

DeletedUser20688

Hello.

I'm not going to be surprised if this is not a new suggestion I'm presenting. I also am tentative about what to call it:

Allowing Variable Home Location:

Would allow players to set their Home Location based on: 1. Any possessed Fort via your Town or your Alliance or 2. Allied Towns instead of their own Town of origin. When you are KOed, you will spawn at that location asleep in the Barracks or Hotel.

If the Fort is lost or the Town is no longer part of your Alliance, your Home Location is set to null. The next time you "respawn" from a KO, you'd be returned to your Town of origin. Then you'd have to travel to your new preferred location and set it as such.

You can set your Home Location as often as you'd like, but you must physically travel to that location first to set it as your Home Location as long as it qualifies (see above).

Ok there ya go.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Would allow players to set their Home Location based on: 1. Any possessed Fort via your Town or your Alliance or 2. Allied Towns instead of their own Town of origin. When you are KOed, you will spawn at that location asleep in the Barracks or Hotel.

I love it. The way I see it, the fort part is most logical, but adding a town is a reasonable addition for alliances which own no forts.

You can set your Home Location as often as you'd like, but you must physically travel to that location first to set it as your Home Location as long as it qualifies (see above).

I think that's the only abuse prevention I can see: not allowing the suggestion to be used to travel, which it can't be with this stipulation in place.

Well, it depends on what all rights you have in a town you have set as home. I would assume it would include free hotels, but does it include shop prices? Bank and market fees? Most importantly, can you deposit money in the town's treasury? The last one does seem abusable, but I could go either way on the first two.

DeletedUser20104

This idea must be reformed because it is very easy to manipulate . For example i got 2 battles to attend one in the east and the other in the west,with the west battle happening earlier by 6 hours and the east one is a defence...
I first go the the east fort and set it as home and then walk to the wast one die and 6 hours later i am in full health for the second battle which now( without nuggets ) is not possible :)

DeletedUser

have a cool down period, so you can only change every 24 or 48 hours

DeletedUser20104

Telegram-separate folders

When ever you send a mass mail( for battles or anything else) you will end up with 600 to 1000 mails depending upon you alliance size.I suggest that there should be a separate folder where the mass mails you send out be stored which can be easily deleted.
This will help all those leaders in the alliance who have to send out a large number of mails for the battles.

DeletedUser22575

Hello.

I'm not going to be surprised if this is not a new suggestion I'm presenting. I also am tentative about what to call it:

Allowing Variable Home Location:

If the Fort is lost or the Town is no longer part of your Alliance, your Home Location is set to null. The next time you "respawn" from a KO, you'd be returned to your Town of origin. Then you'd have to travel to your new preferred location and set it as such.

Ok there ya go.

So does this mean that any time a player wants he can set my town as his home town if he is in my alliance?

He will then be a member of my town with access to my forums?

He will count against the total number of members a town may have?

In other words if I have one town membership slot open with an invitation sent to someone I want to join and who has confirmed he will be accepting it that slot will suddenly be gone because a member of the alliance I am in suddenly decided to set his home town to mine with no hat invitation.

There is a possibility that this system could turn the town invitation system into chaos with players "respawning" to towns of their choice with little to no control over who is in their towns by the town hats.

This game right now is set up into two categories of players...Town Members and Townless.

This will essentially create a new category..Fort Member...who for all practical purposes are Townless.

They can fort fight...join w/e town they want when they want for shopping purposes and purchase as a town member avoiding the market and its fees...etc....

IMO just because someone is a member of my alliance I may not want them as a member of my town. This proposed system removes that decision making capability from the town hats who should be the ones determining who are their town members.....as well as making any sort of long goal town planning more difficult under these conditions.

To make this proposal feasible there needs to be a button where Town Founders can select or deselect allowing players from other Alliance towns setting their town as their "home town when they respawn".

DeletedUser20688

This is great feedback!

It's very clear that a doubt I had (and didn't bring up) now needs to be addressed: I did not intend for "Home Location" to equate to Town Membership.

The idea for this comes from another MMO I play. In that game, this feature is called a "Milestone". I'm not too keen on that nomenclature, but for now I have no real name for this. I will for now refer to the concept as a "Milestone".

sidp2201 said:
This idea must be reformed because it is very easy to manipulate . For example i got 2 battles to attend one in the east and the other in the west,with the west battle happening earlier by 6 hours and the east one is a defence...
I first go the the east fort and set it as home and then walk to the wast one die and 6 hours later i am in full health for the second battle which now( without nuggets ) is not possible

Galen M said:
have a cool down period, so you can only change every 24 or 48 hours

Excellent point and excellent solution. Maybe even extend it to 72 hours?

Elmyr said:
Well, it depends on what all rights you have in a town you have set as home. I would assume it would include free hotels, but does it include shop prices? Bank and market fees? Most importantly, can you deposit money in the town's treasury? The last one does seem abusable, but I could go either way on the first two

No sir. Just basic hotel access is all. I think that any other access perks would impose on the separation between Town Membership and "Milestone" settings. Again, the main benefit from this is convenience. If you are fort fighting, questing, dueling, etc. in a remote area of the map this can temporarily locate your home base close by. Obviously, the use of forts is more advantageous. In fact, maybe this idea would work better just with forts?

TJ Tuttle said:
So does this mean that any time a player wants he can set my town as his home town if he is in my alliance?

Thanks TJ. As I mention above we need to distinguish between Town Membership and "Milestone" settings.

TJ Tuttle said:
He will then be a member of my town with access to my forums?

No. The player will get no special perks. In other words they pay to sleep if it's a town (or not if they are advents).

TJ Tuttle said:
He will count against the total number of members a town may have?

No. I want the "Milestone" setting to be totally separate from Town Membership.

TJ Tuttle said:
In other words if I have one town membership slot open with an invitation sent to someone I want to join and who has confirmed he will be accepting it that slot will suddenly be gone because a member of the alliance I am in suddenly decided to set his home town to mine with no hat invitation.

Again no. That's not the intention. Point well made.

TJ Tuttle said:
To make this proposal feasible there needs to be a button where Town Founders can select or deselect allowing players from other Alliance towns setting their town as their "home town when they respawn".

Well said! This is exactly what I was envisioning. I was thinking when you click on the town sign post instead of just seeing a "Walk" button you'd also see "Set Milestone" or whatever the term will be.

Here's a visual:

milestone.jpg

So what do you guys think?

DeletedUser

I like the idea as it gives some benefit to being in an alliance even if it's not one of the few that own all the forts on a world.

DeletedUser

Good old fashion lynching

What about a good old fashion lynching.You never see it enough in games like these and the west was founded on a good lynching. like a group of players can go after the people on the wanted list, bring them in lynch em and share the bounty

DeletedUser

What about a good old fashion lynching.You never see it enough in games like these and the west was founded on a good lynching. like a group of players can go after the people on the wanted list, bring them in lynch em and share the bounty

Inappropriate and hugely abusable.

DeletedUser

I have a suggestion it is about crafting :
that the blacksmiths can craft dmg bonuses to guns(left hand) not just duel wepons

DeletedUser9470

I have a suggestion it is about crafting :
that the blacksmiths can craft dmg bonuses to guns(left hand) not just duel wepons

yer, it would be great if you could make an item that stacks all GG bonuses for example!

XD

jokes aside i think thats a good idea, but i think there are already bonuses out there
you just have to go find 'em!
:D

DeletedUser22493

Hello.

Allowing Variable Home Location.

Think this deserves a bump.. You should make a proposal out of this mate. Its a really good idea. And if you could add that respawning at the fort after a k.o automatically puts you to sleep in that fort (given that you have access to it)

DeletedUser

I believe more fort spots should be introduced to the game. Currently the town i am in is small, so we are un-able to build a fort. However, upon doing research, i found that every fort is occupied. now seeing as i am in a town with 4 people, there is no way we could ever overcome any defenders.

Now i know big towns would be interested in picking up these new forts, but there should be a way to allow us smaller towns to get a foothold in forts.

Cheers :)

Sharky

DeletedUser22493

Sure, I don't mind a few more forts. Perhaps 1 more in each sector. But what will that solve? Not allot. It'll take a month, and all those forts will be owned by the same people that is hugging all the forts today.

Join an alliance?
The game just isn't built in a way that could allow a small town with 4 members to hold a fort alone. Perhaps that is the problem you should try to solve.

DeletedUser

Sure, I don't mind a few more forts. Perhaps 1 more in each sector. But what will that solve? Not allot. It'll take a month, and all those forts will be owned by the same people that is hugging all the forts today.

Join an alliance?
The game just isn't built in a way that could allow a small town with 4 members to hold a fort alone. Perhaps that is the problem you should try to solve.

Joining an alliance is a very valid point.

Cheers