The Brain Farts - Brainstorm of ideas here

roland jacobs

If this ran the drop rate would be the same BUT it would simultaneously drop snowball type 1 snowball type 2 icicle red and blue soccer cards and ears and the like. You would have to do the 10 hours straight of 15 second but you’d get them all at once and have ample energy drops to get it done.

That actually did happen with the harvest event. It's a shame this type of review isn't part of the "events team" that would ensure the Inno events were properly reviewed so that previous achievements could be completed, and players wouldn't be overwhelmed with the event requirements - a players view of what Inno comes up with, instead of a dev writing code thinking they have the greatest ideas ever. Instead, from the events team, we receive additional events that only a fraction of the players participate in. :roll: And for the birthday celebration, if players didn't win in the special events, there were no in-game celebrations, or a bonus for a couple days like in previous years. Way to treat the players to a birthday! <slow clap for the current team>

Anyway, let's say a new char started in 2019. If the world events in 2014-2018 were achieved, those should be automatically applied to their profile since the world did achieve it. If there's a reward for it, maybe that doesn't get distributed since the char didn't actually participate, but at least allow the achievement to apply.

Caerdwyn

Most (many?) of the collecting widgets events also tie a quest drop from those widgets to a quest that is only active for those who possess them. It'd be a pain to go through player by player, quest by quest, to find the right drops after the fact. But in theory, it can be done.

That's different from the Achievements which can't be achieved because they required a physical presence at a specific date which will never occur again. If Goober's speculation is possible, I like it, but it's only half the question.

Harriet Oleson

Better not ask too much about it if there's nothing sure. But just :
You would have to do the 10 hours straight of 15 second but you’d get them all at once and have ample energy drops to get it done.
Wrote like that, it feels as if we'll have to farm as much as in real event but in a much shorter time. But if usually events have low drop rate and last several weeks, it's not for nothing : it's because this kind of events are made to be played in a long term way (a bit of farming every day during several weeks). If the duration is shortened (or if players rush at the start of the event to farm hours and hours straight), it may lead to saturation. I personally think that's why some players dislike a lot clicky events and why I'm still not bored of them lol : I use fully the 3 weeks duration to farm a bit but very regularily; and I've never missed an achievement from clicky event by playing like that (I just miss the ones from where I wasn't in the game or when I still didn't know how to play these events). What I want to say with all of this it's : if this kind of server can be opened, I hope you won't shortened the duration of the events to still let the possibility to play daily little by little as we can do in real events. Not everyone can spend (nor have the will to spend) several hours per day to click-click-click. I think playing like that would make me sick of the game (that's why I never participate in speed servers).

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Better not ask too much about it if there's nothing sure. But just :

Wrote like that, it feels as if we'll have to farm as much as in real event but in a much shorter time. But if usually events have low drop rate and last several weeks, it's not for nothing : it's because this kind of events are made to be played in a long term way (a bit of farming every day during several weeks). If the duration is shortened (or if players rush at the start of the event to farm hours and hours straight), it may lead to saturation. I personally think that's why some players dislike a lot clicky events and why I'm still not bored of them lol : I use fully the 3 weeks duration to farm a bit but very regularily; and I've never missed an achievement from clicky event by playing like that (I just miss the ones from where I wasn't in the game or when I still didn't know how to play these events). What I want to say with all of this it's : if this kind of server can be opened, I hope you won't shortened the duration of the events to still let the possibility to play daily little by little as we can do in real events. Not everyone can spend (nor have the will to spend) several hours per day to click-click-click. I think playing like that would make me sick of the game (that's why I never participate in speed servers).

IF such an event were run it’d probably be a 3-4 week speed server. Rewards would definitely favor those who do 15s non-stop, but the ~”achievement participation award” would be designed to accommodate such play

Goober Pyle

The West Team
I don't understand why some players should have better rewards : do you want to make that as some sort of constest ?

Yes, what I’m talking about is exploring adding “achievements transfers” to a speed world contest. It would have to be the event server to add unscheduled event drops, and would have to be a full premium contest to justify it. I don’t know whether achievement transfers would even be technically possible though.

SandViper

this is probably been said before but i had a idea that could be added for multiplayer game modes, fort battle style battles but fighting for towns, open fields and even 2 sides across rivers fighting in a trench style combat.

wont be to really take over that's just the setting layout, give the game a civil war type feel to wars, it would suit the western era and bring a new feel to battles that fort battlers will enjoy, both sides have to either kill everyone or capture their objective like in fort battles so should be simple to do, different starting locations that would fit the battle scenarios and bring new tactics onto the battlefield

Goober Pyle

The West Team
this is probably been said before but i had a idea that could be added for multiplayer game modes, fort battle style battles but fighting for towns, open fields and even 2 sides across rivers fighting in a trench style combat.

wont be to really take over that's just the setting layout, give the game a civil war type feel to wars, it would suit the western era and bring a new feel to battles that fort battlers will enjoy, both sides have to either kill everyone or capture their objective like in fort battles so should be simple to do, different starting locations that would fit the battle scenarios and bring new tactics onto the battlefield
While a Dev level request, a varient of this should be relatively feasible -- it'd still be a Fort battle in every respect except using a different map layout (with or without any kind of building bonus except that a flag would probably still be necessary) and then it would be a moderator setting for any given fort if an alternative map was to be used (which could be set before a battle is declared if there is a ticket from both sides)