The Brain Farts - Brainstorm of ideas here

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date

DeletedUser22685

nah. no one buys halfway time, speed buffs are more common than dirt. I think they just would not want to put in the effort.

True, but even certain speed buffs can be bought with nuggets. But the fact that speed buffs are more common than dirt is another reason why this isn't really needed.

DeletedUser35533

True, but even certain speed buffs can be bought with nuggets. But the fact that speed buffs are more common than dirt is another reason why this isn't really needed.
of course its not needed, its more of an amusing concept. even if it was a thing, it would be used very rarely. (only time I can think of is when you want to add a newbe to your town but it takes them 5 + hours to get to you so being impatient creatures that they are they lose interest)

asdf124

Minor idea

I think freeman horsey set, doc horsey set, chinga weapon set and allan weapon set should gain 30-50% exp bonus to freeman set, doc should get 30-50% regen bonus, chinga weapon set should get another 10-20% regen and allan weapon set should get 50 more labor points. Such modification would make these sets more valuable than what they currently are specially the horsey sets. The cartwright set already has a 50% luck bonus, hence, no need for modification for such set.

DeletedUser22685

It's not even worth improving those old sets or you'd have to keep doing it after each tombola. The new sets have to be better than the old ones or no one will buy them, we already saw how underwhelming the last tombola was without the usual one or two OP sets driving it. It's an unfortunate slippery slope that Inno created as soon as they decided to make tombolas a recurring theme, and there's not really any way off it other than to stop them altogether, which is extremely unlikely at this point.

asdf124

It's not even worth improving those old sets or you'd have to keep doing it after each tombola. The new sets have to be better than the old ones or no one will buy them, we already saw how underwhelming the last tombola was without the usual one or two OP sets driving it. It's an unfortunate slippery slope that Inno created as soon as they decided to make tombolas a recurring theme, and there's not really any way off it other than to stop them altogether, which is extremely unlikely at this point.

I know, however, I just want the older sets to stay relevant, at over 100, any new set is insanely better.

I have freeman horsey set in one world, I never use it due to how useless it is.

Those who threw a lot to gain those sets and those who even wished for it back than and gained em are now victims of newer sets.

Cartwright horsey set is relevant due to 50% luck boost, their should be an overhaul for older things before the newer things. At least, that should be a start.

DeletedUser36559

I know, however, I just want the older sets to stay relevant, at over 100, any new set is insanely better.

I have freeman horsey set in one world, I never use it due to how useless it is.

Those who threw a lot to gain those sets and those who even wished for it back than and gained em are now victims of newer sets.

Cartwright horsey set is relevant due to 50% luck boost, their should be an overhaul for older things before the newer things. At least, that should be a start.

There would be less business for Inno if older sets were similar in stats to newer sets in tombolas. If new sets were simply variations of older sets with slightly better stats then no-one would end up buying much in the tombola= less profit for Inno. I highly doubt they would improve old sets but that's just me. Everyone who gains the latest tombola sets will be victims for next upcoming one.

DeletedUser22685

They're hardly victims when they're most likely the ones who own all the new sets as well, not to mention the fact that we knew as early as the second tombola that there'd be four of them every year. No item ever stays the best indefinitely, look what's happened to the Howdah and GT, the GG before them, Hernando's and Belle Starr's before that and even the walking stick. Things change. I'm sure people spent less on their full Freeman's set than I did on my DoI which is probably the single most OP item ever introduced legitimately (Geronimo's shotgun doesn't count), and even that has been displaced by most saddle sets.

Pankreas PorFavor

what's obvious now (but some people still can't accept it) - when you buy something in the west, or win it in a tombola type event, that thing has a "best use before date". the item will give you an advantage for a while, and then it becomes less and less useful as new events happen. it is not unlike real life in that way... you can pay to get on top, but you have to keep paying to stay there.

DeletedUser34408

Some of the older sets like Docs and Freemans are still useful for level 50-80 players, especially for duelling, infact for a level 50 ranged dueller Doc's is probably still the premiere set and 2+ years have passed since its release and the Jacket and maybe Pants still command 200K or so.

DeletedUser36098

not sure if I am posting in the right place but I will anyway

I have an idea that on searching the usual posts recommended to look through before posting is not there.

why not reduce the number of old ghost towns in the map. This is a simple idea and has only 1 real sticking point with the possibility of an item still sitting waiting collection after someone bought an item and the town was abandoned before they had time to go collect their stuff.

we have lots of new members looking to build their own towns and a few older members doing the same occasionally to gain the achievements in the town build section. if the old towns are removed, or at least some of them, there is a possibility for new towns to be built. there can even be a timeout placed on old towns unless they are reinhabited when the timer is reset again but starts afresh if abandoned again. thus old towns would disappear after a set time and the spot can be used afresh by people wanting to build.

there are no real disadvantages only the advantage that some builders may try to gain that top level achievement that is so hard to attain in fully built up towns with high level churches.

DeletedUser22685

not sure if I am posting in the right place but I will anyway

I have an idea that on searching the usual posts recommended to look through before posting is not there.

why not reduce the number of old ghost towns in the map. This is a simple idea and has only 1 real sticking point with the possibility of an item still sitting waiting collection after someone bought an item and the town was abandoned before they had time to go collect their stuff.

we have lots of new members looking to build their own towns and a few older members doing the same occasionally to gain the achievements in the town build section. if the old towns are removed, or at least some of them, there is a possibility for new towns to be built. there can even be a timeout placed on old towns unless they are reinhabited when the timer is reset again but starts afresh if abandoned again. thus old towns would disappear after a set time and the spot can be used afresh by people wanting to build.

there are no real disadvantages only the advantage that some builders may try to gain that top level achievement that is so hard to attain in fully built up towns with high level churches.

This is actually a decent idea. It's always more appealing for a new founder to create a town from scratch than to adopt one that someone has abandoned previously, and the ghost towns are not exactly an appealing map feature either.

asdf124

This is actually a decent idea. It's always more appealing for a new founder to create a town from scratch than to adopt one that someone has abandoned previously, and the ghost towns are not exactly an appealing map feature either.

wasn't their a point when inno wanted to get rid of em?? I do remember it happening... However, are ghost towns gonna disappear in future?

Replying to Micky, I haven't posted an insane bump into the stats, just a slight addition to what they currently are.

To pankreas, that may be true, but comparing all of those horsey sets, cartwright would be more favorable.

DeletedUser35533

wasn't their a point when inno wanted to get rid of em?? I do remember it happening... However, are ghost towns gonna disappear in future?

Replying to Micky, I haven't posted an insane bump into the stats, just a slight addition to what they currently are.

To pankreas, that may be true, but comparing all of those horsey sets, cartwright would be more favorable.
what of people that have items in ghost markets?

DeletedUser36098

what of people that have items in ghost markets?

The idea is simple ... with a timer set on the disappearance of a town of say 2 months (60 days) for example, the player with items in the market there still has ample time to collect their items or cash. after the time out the items and cash are gone. if anyone cannot collect their items in that amount of time they may as well not have bothered buying in the first place.

inno can place a timer of whatever limit they wish for the disappearance of the towns so that players can collect their stuff in a timely manner.

DeletedUser35533

The idea is simple ... with a timer set on the disappearance of a town of say 2 months (60 days) for example, the player with items in the market there still has ample time to collect their items or cash. after the time out the items and cash are gone. if anyone cannot collect their items in that amount of time they may as well not have bothered buying in the first place.

inno can place a timer of whatever limit they wish for the disappearance of the towns so that players can collect their stuff in a timely manner.
well lets say I got pants for 500k and the net went out for 2 months or something came up(was in a hospital). should I lose the pants? free auto delivery is the only real option.

DeletedUser22685

There are so many simple solutions that I don't see why it's an issue. If a ghost town has items sitting in its market, just don't delete it. Either that or the items are given to the players when the down is deleted. Waiting two months is hardly an advantage over making the twenty minute trip to pick the items up manually, so it doesn't even count as a workaround.

DeletedUser36098

a simple solution to not getting your goods within a time period is to have the town not be set to the timer if it has items not yet picked up. The time I suggested is not a stone marker really. it was an example as I am sure inno will place their own version of a reasonable time on the degradation of the ghost towns.

besides if the net goes down for 2 months you either get another isp who can keep your connection in better condition. Hospitals have wifi. I know I managed to gain access to the game in hospital last time I had to go in for a long period. free auto delivery is just a smoke screen really as there are ways round this issue that are so simple it makes the idea that you may lose anything a no brainer.

besides you cannot buy anything in a ghost town so if the town was deserted at the moment you bought the items I would think you would be smart enough to deal with that issue quite quickly.

anymore daft arguments about this or can I ask for it to be put to a vote?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

a simple solution to not getting your goods within a time period is to have the town not be set to the timer if it has items not yet picked up. The time I suggested is not a stone marker really. it was an example as I am sure inno will place their own version of a reasonable time on the degradation of the ghost towns.

besides if the net goes down for 2 months you either get another isp who can keep your connection in better condition. Hospitals have wifi. I know I managed to gain access to the game in hospital last time I had to go in for a long period. free auto delivery is just a smoke screen really as there are ways round this issue that are so simple it makes the idea that you may lose anything a no brainer.

besides you cannot buy anything in a ghost town so if the town was deserted at the moment you bought the items I would think you would be smart enough to deal with that issue quite quickly.

anymore daft arguments about this or can I ask for it to be put to a vote?

While I agree that it's not reasonable to assume that you'll be unable to pick up your items within the space of x months, there's really no reason to be so rigid about this part of the proposal when there are obvious solutions that would not detract from the original idea.