The Book of David.

DeletedUser

DSM3 P1 Chapter 18

Bloody Justice
James and I were reunited, and after a long, adult talk, we were friends again. He told us we needed to run for dear life to Desolate Truth, because the men are pinned down bad. He gave me my gun back and I loaded it this time, and we sat out for Desolate, but we left James at the fort because he was not in fighting condition. Natasha and I ran for the enemy town, and we passed a charred body filled with holes and a cannon ball next to its feet as well. What a hell of a way to die, I thought. We continued through the forest until we reached Desolate. The doors were open to the city, so we ran in. Hiram and Harvey were shooting it out with a mad man when we arrived, and I pulled out my revolver just in time. The mad man was none other than Hansel himself, and he had ran out of ammo when I pulled my gun. I rushed in after him with Natasha, and she drew her Schofield. She got infront of me in the chase for Hansel, but he ran up the stairs. Natasha got caught up in chasing him and she didn't cock her revolver. once she got to the top of the stairs she stopped.
I was rounding the stairs when I saw her standing there, aiming at someone, she pulled the hammer on the Schofield, aimed it, and I heard a gunshot. She fell to her knees, and I knew something was wrong. I ran up the stairs and shot the figure that had shot her. It was Veronica; she had an M1889 as well, it was an older model, but still just as dangerous. I sat beside Natasha and saw where she had been hit; to the left of her heart. She was still breathing, and my heart was racing. I moved the hair out of her face, and she looked at me. "Take it..." she said, and she gave me her Schofield. "Live On, By Glory" was engraved on the top with an American Flag.
"Victoria!" I sobbed, she had stopped breathing, and she didn't blink. She was gone. I put my hand on her forehead and moved it downward, closing her eyes. I took her Schofield, my father's Schofield, my Schofield; It was Our Schofield, pulled back the hammer, and went over to Veronica. I fired off 3 consecutive shots, one by one, to avenge the death of the only one I had left. Victoria. I went upstairs to see Hansel Cowering under his desk, he shrieked as I pulled the trigger. With a heavy heart, I sunk to my knees. I turned the gun on myself. "What Glory?" I said. I pulled the hammer back. I thought of all of the memories, My father and my mother, William my adoptive father, Victoria, my first love, Natasha my second, who was really Victoria. I thought of Victoria, my one and only love. Gone. She was gone. No hope was left, I may have killed Hansel and Veronica, but the true Glory in my life was gone. I decided it was time. I shook the gun a little, the I took a deep breath, held it steady, felt the cold steel barrel on my head, and remembered my father drop it across the floor, and I remembered retrieving it, killing the evil men, and starting over. As I pulled the trigger, pictures of all the times in my life flashed through my head, the love, the happiness, the sorrow, the guilt, the depression, and the final love. The hammer flew forward, struck the primer, and ignited the powder in the cartridge. the cartridge wanted a way out, but the bullet was stuck in good, so the ignited gunpowder had to find a way out. It was so built up that it pushed the bullet forward and through the barrel, or, at least that's how it's supposed to go.
I felt a solid object knock me on the head, and then I felt myself falling, and falling, and falling. I landed when my vest caught on a lantern of some sort. Then I was out cold.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

DSM3 P1 Chapter 19

Dead Revelation
I saw faces in the dark, I saw my father, I saw my fallen friends, and I saw Victoria. In my dark dream, I ran to her. But right when I was almost next to her she said "Live On By Glory." And I began to fall endlessly in my dream. I saw caskets as I fell, caskets with the names of my brothers in arms, a casket with my name, and a casket for Victoria. Next, I saw Satan, I crashed through a window, Satan walked toward me, he wasn't a demonic looking figure, he looked like an ordinary man. Then he was right next to me, he held out his hand. Just then, A cowboy in a white hat and a white suit fired his revolver and struck the devil in the head, The devil fell over on its side, and I felt myself being lifted. Then, I went into the light and awoke.
I awoke in a tunnel, made of mud and dirt, my Bowie was still with me, so I looked for an exit. The first place I looked was up. I saw a dim light above. I decided I had to Shimmy up to the exit, I took off my vest, dropped down a few feet, and started climbing, I took out my knife and slammed it into the wall, and then I raised myself up. Then I repeated. For twenty minutes, I went through a trial and error process of climbing that wall. Then, I made it to the opening. It was Hansel's office. The sun had just rose, and I looked for Hansel's dead body; it was gone. I rushed down the stairs, Victoria's body was gone, and so was Veronica's. I laid on my knees at the spot where Victoria had died. I began to cry again, so I got up and walked downstairs, the two dead mercs had disappeared as well, and Justin was gone as well. I saw no one in the building, only pools of blood where they had been. So I ran, I ran for the town of Daniels Gulch. Right when I got to the Station, I saw a line of closed coffins, and my surviving friends; Hiram, James and Harvey. I could see my name on one of the caskets as well, then I saw Justin, he was standing next to the preacher, he had crutches and he was alive. I knew he was strong. Then I dozed off.
When I woke up again, it was noon. The funeral had ended, so I went over to the coffins. Charlie Winston, Johnny Winston, David Schofield, Roland Indigo, Tom O'Bedlam, Dieter Simms, Patrick O'Malley and Willard Miller were listed on a plaque next to the burial site. Was I a ghost? I began to walk when I saw her, alive and well. Victoria. She was walking with James, her head in her hands, and James was with her, trying to comfort her, they were going into the fort. I decided to go there as well. I walked to the front gate. It was closed shut, so I dug in my pocket for a key, unlocked the door and went in. Harvey was kneeling next to the American flag, silent. I went over to him. He looked over at me. His eyes widened.
"David, is that really you?" Harvey asked.
"The gun misfired." I said, "God didn't want me dead."
"Well, I'll be damned, you really are alive!" he said, and he gave me a bear hug again.
"Where's Victoria?" I asked.
"The CO's office, You need to go there, now! She was trying to kill herself!" Harvey Commanded.
Re-united
I ran through the front doors and into the lobby, I tried to remember where the CO's office was, then I remembered. Left hall, so I ran, the door was open, and I burst in and I screamed, "Don't do it!"
James and Victoria had been struggling over a gun, but when they saw me, they were shocked. "David? You're alive?" James asked.
Victoria dropped the gun, ran over to me, and leaped into my arms. She cried softly. Right at that moment, I said, "Marry me."

DeletedUser

DSM3 P1 Chapter 20

New Beginnings
"I do!" I said, looking into Victoria's beautiful eyes.
"I do!" Victoria said, looking deeply into my eyes.
"You may kiss the bride!" Justin said.
I put one of my hands on Victoria's hip and the other on her lower back and she did the same to me. We pulled each other in close and kissed like never before. The crowd went aw, and Victoria and I had locked lips and French kissed for about 12 full minutes, taking in breaths every 34 seconds, give or take. When we pulled away from each other, she said one thing, in front of everyone. "I'm pregnant."
I looked at her, then at Justin who seemed mad, then at the crowd, who some were giggling, while others smiled, and some looked like Justin did. We had non-marital intercourse, and I was in disbelief that she said that she was pregnant in front of all of these people, but, I thought 'What the hell, I'm a father! Wahoo!' just then Mayor Jennings walked up, with a piece of paper in one hand, and a set of keys in the other.
"Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Schofield, here is your, well, other, reward. The deed and the keys to the Mansion, as promised!" Jennings said.
I took the keys and Victoria took the deed.
"Thank you sir..." I said before Jennings interrupted me.
"No, don't thank me, thank yourself and your friends! It was all you!" Jennings said. Then he walked off, leaving Victoria and I together at the Altar.
Then I wondered where Hiram, Harvey and James were, they had left early when Victoria and I began kissing. We decided to go looking for them. Victoria and I held hands as we walked through town, searching for them. We went to the Tailor shop first, and saw Hiram.
"Hiram, what made you leave so early?" I asked.
"I had to take care of some business," he said, "You are looking at the new owner of Hiram's clothing surplus! And congratulation's, Natasha... I mean, Victoria and David Schofield!"
"Thanks, Hiram." I said, "Hey, where is Harvey and James?"
"Harvey went to buy the General Store, and James is with some men, they are at the Apartment, same room that we were in before." Hiram said as he went into the Tailor shop.
Victoria and I walked to the Apartment, and we went into the Lobby. I asked the manager for the keys to the room, and he handed them to me. Victoria and I continued up the steps and then we were outside of the room. I put my hand on the knob and turned it. The door creaked open, and I saw James, with 5 ex-confederate soldiers.

DeletedUser

DSM3 P1 Chapter 21

The Gray Faction
"James, I thought you were Union, in the war?" I asked him as the men drew their revolvers. "Victoria, run!" I whispered aside, into Victoria's ear. She ran down the steps as I raised both of my hands in the air.
"No, I never said I was Union." James answered. He was now wearing a Confederate officer's uniform, but he had the same gear as he did earlier. "Trust me, All I want is a little information about your father." James said, as he himself drew his own revolver.
"Who are you?" I asked. I then looked at his revolver. It was my Schofield, the one that had spared my life.
"I am Colonel James West, of the Confederate army, 512th Cavalry Brigade." He answered, "Now tell me about your father, Samuel!"
"I don't know anything about him! All I know is that he's dead!" I yelled.
"Non-sense! He's still alive and kicking!" James yelled, "He was also the one who truly organized my family's murder!"
"He would never do such a thing!" I screamed.
James slapped me across the face with the Schofield. "David Wesson, if you want to die, now's not the time!" He yelled, "Now where is he?"
"Rot in hell you confederate dog!" I said at the top of my voice, as I dove out the door onto the staircase. I ran downstairs and then I saw another confederate, and Victoria. He had a revolver pointed at her head and he was holding her hostage. I stopped in my tracks. James tackled me from behind. Then he beat me with the Schofield. "Gee, you hit pretty hard for an old man, old man!" I yelled mockingly.
"That does it!" James screamed, he pulled the hammer back on the Schofield as he aimed it at my head.
"No! David!" Victoria yelled, and then I saw James rise up his arm and aim my Schofield. I heard a gunshot, and a body hit the floor.
"Victoria!" I screamed to the top of my lungs. Then James did his trademark move, he knocked me unconscious with the handle of the revolver.
My mind was blurred, but I could vividly make out a picture of Victoria, with her white dress, her hazel eyes, her long brown hair, her beautiful body, and then, everything went black.

I woke up in Hansel's old office. I saw 5 confederate soldiers, and James. "Now, we're even" James said, he knew she was pregnant the whole time! If I could have, I would have tore into his eyes and pulled out his brain at the time.
"You killed her. You miserable... You're dead you... you..." Then I passed out.

DeletedUser

DSM3 P1 Chapter 22

Wasted effort
I came too, and James was sitting in a chair in front of me. I was chained to a chair, so I couldn't tear him apart. "Now, tell me where your father is, or else." James asked.
"Go ahead, blow my head clean off. See if I care." I said.
"Bring her in!" James yelled. Two confederates brought Victoria in, her mouth was taped shut, and she was alive, and not hurt.
"Thank god!" I said.
"Now, tell me where your father is, or..." He pulled the hammer back on the Schofield and aimed it at Victoria. "Or she gets the bullet."
"Ok, If I tell you where he is, will you let her go?" I said.
"Absolutely," James said.
"The last place I saw him was at my old house, in Jackson Tennessee." I said. I was ratting out my father who was supposedly alive, but saving Victoria's, mine, and my child's life.
"Now was that so hard?" James asked. Then he knocked me out, again; the nerve of some people...
I awoke several hours later, feeling like my head was going to fall off, when I realized we were on a small train. The 5 ex-cons and James were sitting around me, and Victoria was asleep on my shoulder with her arms around me. I stroked Victoria's hair. Hiram and Harvey were sure to find out what was going on eventually...
We passed a bridge, the train was moving fast. We were only 1 day away from Colorado at the rate we were going. I started to rub Victoria's stomach. I was so glad I was going to be a father, but I had to do everything James says in order to keep Victoria, myself, and my baby, alive. I wondered how the train was able to pass through the US blockade. I turned to James. "How did you get past the blockade?"
"It was all a trap." He answered. "Your friends are being detained for war crimes as we speak. You see, Jennings and I worked out a deal to lure you to Daniels Gulch, but what we didn't expect was for her, to come along. And with her pregnant, I can use you for whatever I want." James said.
"Those men that died were our friends!" Victoria yelled, as she awoke.
"That they were, Victoria, but lives must be paid for success. And If I succeed, my family will have not died in vain." James said.
"You have no soul!" Victoria said, "You're just an old man who blames everyone else for his own problems!"
"Silence her!" James ordered one of the confederates.
The confederate pulled his revolver, held it by the barrel and raised it to strike her in the head, when I intervened. I grabbed his arm as he brought it down, bashed it against the seat, and snapped his bone; he pulled it away screaming in pain. "If anyone touches her again, I will personally kill you with my bear hands," I said.
"Very well, then..." James said. He knew that I was serious.
Home again
The train stopped at the station. The 4(1/2) confederates got off and then Victoria and I followed. James walked behind us. "Take me to your old house!" James commanded.
"You're not going to find anything there." I said, "We should go to the Sheriff's department, I know a guy there who was friends with my father."
"If you pull anything, she will die." James said.
We began walking to the sheriff's department; I saw that it hadn't changed at all since I had last been here. I walked in with the Cons, James and Victoria, and then I saw Thomas, now Sheriff Thomas. "David?" he asked.
I swallowed, and was about to say hi when the confederates drew their guns. "Where is Samuel?" James said.
"I don't have the slightest clue, I only..." James fired a shot into the head of the Confederate with the broken arm, then aimed the Schofield at Thomas.
"You're next." James said.
Thomas looked at the gun. "Live On, By Glory" Thomas said. Then he drew his revolver. The cons shot him without James even ordering them to.
"Tom!" I yelled. James kicked me in the back of the knee. He aimed the gun at me, cocked the hammer, and said "Any last words?"
"Live on by glory, it's a riddle!" I blurted out, even though I had no idea what I was talking about.
"Go on..." James said.
"Glory, uh, what do we take glory in? It's Liberty, right. Live on by Glory, Live on by liberty, The Liberty bell lives, He lives next to the Liberty bell, he lives in Philadelphia, next to Independence Hall!" Now, to tell you the truth, I had no idea what I was talking about. I just wanted my kids to grow up with a father, their real father, me. So we went on another trip, we passed cities and industries, and then we arrived in Philadelphia. as we left the train station, a man atop a stage coach was riding by, so James, being the incredible elderly athlete that he is, jumped on the coach, knocked the man out with his signature move, and ordered all of us onboard. We got on and waited as we traveled to Independence Hall, to find another riddle or something... I had no Idea what I had gotten myself into. We finally arrived at Independence hall.
We got off the Coach and James said "What next?"
"Well, there is an American flag on the revolver, right? So that means on the side of the flagpole. The Bell says Pass and Stow, so he must run a trading company on that side of the pole!" Now I was just making up random stuff. We walked over to a line of buildings, and sure enough, there was a company called "Marketable trades." We walked in and saw a worker. James walked up to him and said in a deep voice, "Does Samuel Wesson work here?"
"Oh, you mean boss Wesson, he's upstairs, to the left in his office." and he pointed to the stairwell. James and the cons led us there, we walked up the stairs, turned left, and found ourselves outside of SAM WESSON's office.

DeletedUser

Just Cause
The cons kicked down the door, and James rushed in with his revolver readied. A man sat in a plush comfortable chair, and he began clapping slowly. "Bravo, bravo. You new guards are something else," then he looked at James, then me. He stopped clapping; I looked down at the ground, and clasped my hands together.
"Live on, by Glory." the man said, "David, my son, how could you betray..." The gunshot made me flinch. all Four of the confederate soldiers fell to the ground, and James was confused at what happened. Samuel pulled a shotgun up with his hand and laid it on the desk. "James, you never did know when to give up. Did you?" My father said, "And David, how could you lead a fool to my room, and who is that brothel woman you have with you? I thought that you had learned from my mistakes!" He said. He pulled up a Whiskey and drank from the bottle.
Victoria was left with her mouth wide open. Then she said, "David, this is your father?"
"I'm just as stunned as you..." I answered.
James began to shake, tears rolled down his face, he dropped to the ground crying. Samuel, my supposed father, began to laugh. At that point, I was sure I was adopted when Samuel said "David, my boy, how about I take you out for a night on the town, introduce you to some nicer brothel ladies than that one you have there, hell, she looks like she has a few too many pounds!" He laughed. Ok, so now I was sure he was not my father.
Victoria started to sob, then she said "I'm pregnant... not... fat..." and she broke down in tears.
"David, David, David, If you got that sorry woman pregnant, I guess I will have to take you back to the ditch where I found you? Won't I?" Samuel said. Now I absolutely knew he was not my father. "Orphanages are much more useful when they discipline the children into knowing that brothel women are for..."
I couldn't take it anymore. I reached down, grabbed the Schofield, and rose back up. Then, Samuel shot me with a derringer he had hidden god knows where. I fell to the ground and dropped the revolver. Samuel began to laugh, then I heard another gunshot. Samuel dropped the derringer, fell to his knees, and fell flat on his face. James got up, and Victoria took a hold of my arms, James took my legs, and they carried me through the halls and down the stairs. I looked up at Victoria, as she frantically ran with me to get to the outside. Once we were outside of the building, they carried me into the stagecoach; James took the reins, gave Victoria a medical kit, and told her to fix me up. She hopped in, and began to doctor my wound. Samuel had shot me in the chest; it was a small caliber bullet, so It did not go far through my thick black suede vest that I wore under my Suit. Victoria doctored my wounds, and we stared into each other's eyes again, and kissed.
We reached the train, James and Victoria helped me limp onboard, being careful not to disrupt the bandages. "Now about those war crimes?" I asked.
"I lied." James said, "I needed to find out where that man was. I needed him out, he was evil, I am sorry for putting you through all this David, I just needed to find him."
"I understand," I said.
The train roared as we returned to our town.

DeletedUser

DSM3 P1 Chapter 24

Off the rails...
The train chugged fast, and it steamed forward. We were coming up on the tunnel when I saw 2 US soldiers, with matches and wires leading to sticks of dynamite. James kicked the train into high gear, we sped into the tunnel as the soldiers lit the fuses. We were racing lit fuses for our own survival. The train roared through the tunnel. The first explosion rocked the walls, the second flickered our lights, and the third occurred when we got out of the tunnel. The exit blew right when we made it out, and that sent the train flying off the rails and into the trees. The engine plowed through at least 7 trees and it finally stopped when we hit a large oak. Victoria and I were safe, James was too. We looked out the windows. It was almost nightfall. I laid on the bench, and Victoria laid onto of me. James sat on another bench, waiting for daybreak. We had only one revolver, one sword, and one plan. Make it back to town alive. We decided to sleep.
I awoke at midnight, I could hear wolves, and they sounded like they were right next to the train. James drew his saber, Victoria shook with fright, and she handed me the Schofield. James tossed me some bullets, and I was set to kill any wolves that tried to get in the train. I closed my eyes as Victoria began to doze off, but as for James, well, he was gone when I woke up. He was kind enough to leave his Saber for us, but where he went, no one knows. I personally believed he was eaten by the wolves, but, I'm sure he had some other reason. I saw he left his pack too, there was a week's worth of food, so I then was sure wolves had got him. We decided to spend one more night at the train. Since Victoria and I were alone, we decided to do our best to, comfort each other... We awoke again at midnight when there was clawing at the door. Then a wolf howled. Victoria screamed, and I could hear the wolf growling, It tried to enter one more time, but decided to leave. The third day, I checked the door, the wolf had clawed a small hole through the wood, but It was really nothing to be worried about. We spent a third day in the train, Victoria and I did the same thing we did the night before, only instead of waking up at midnight with a single wolf ripping at the door, we woke up this midnight with a pack of wolves at the door. They began clawing through the door, and then I saw ones head. Its eyes glowed red. I aimed my gun, Victoria covered her ears, and I shot it, the wolf died, only to be replaced by a new one. Then I pulled back the hammer again. *Click* an empty cartridge, I tried to reload but the wolf had stuck its front legs through the door as well, it was rabid, then I heard gunshots, it stopped moving, more gunshots, silence. Victoria hugged me, then Hiram opened the door.
"Come on guys, let's get out of here while we still can!" he said.
"We haven't got much time!" James said, Harvey began shooting at more wolves, there had to have been at least thirty of them, we moved towards the rails, they fired as I loaded my Schofield. We began running when Harvey ran out of ammo. Hiram constantly looked back and shot at them with my M1892, which I remembered I had left at the fort. James shot at them with a peacemaker, and Harvey had switched from firing my Mosin Nagant to firing a sawn shotgun. We were almost at the station when the wolves had stopped following us. I felt a lot safer now that I was in town. I still did not know why the army had betrayed us. We walked back to the fort, the five of us were all that was left of the 30 something inhabitants. Now, we were in a group smaller than ever. Victoria and I got the only double bed, while everyone else got in bunk beds. I laid my Schofield on a table next to the bed, and then I fell asleep.

DeletedUser

DSM3 P1 Chapter 25

The Wagons
Sunshine blasted through the windows, my eyes steadily drifted open, I rolled over in the bed and put my arm on Victoria. She rolled over, we kissed, and she said "Good morning." Indeed, it was a good morning.
We rolled out of the bed and went to the Mess hall, Harvey was there fixing up breakfast. Hiram and James were nowhere in sight, so Victoria and I sat down and ate with Harvey. Minutes later, Hiram walked in, he looked excited and very pleased with something. "Wagons are here!" He said, he was very happy; he wanted to meet some new people. We walked outside and looked at the wagons. I saw eleven of them; all lined up, around 53 people were swarming around them. One of the people walked up to me.
"Are you David?" the settler asked.
"Yes, who are you guys?" I asked.
"We moved out here when we heard that Desolate was leveled! Thank you for getting rid of those criminals!" The man said, "There are still more wagon trains on the way, Daniels Gulch is going to have its population grow tenfold!" He said. Sure enough, another wagon train showed up. I still did not see James, so Victoria and I went into the crowd of people as Hiram tried to find people to employ at his tailor shop, and Harvey had left to go open his own shop. People were swarming around us, then we came upon a larger wagon, pulled by three Oxen, the wagon was plated with iron bars and sheet metal, then I saw my old friend, Yuri.
"Yuri! Is that you?" I said.
"David, I didn't know you had a lady friend!" he laughed, "Come, we need to get this wagon somewhere safe." he said.
"Follow me." I said, and I led him to the fort. Victoria opened the gate to the fort and we went in.
Yuri pounded on the side of the Wagon three times and said, "Alright, we are in a secure location! Unload the cargo!"
Three men opened the rear door on the wagon and began carrying out crates of guns, ammunition and swords. "The armory is down the hall, to the right." I said, one of them nodded, smiled and led the other two to the armory.
"Anyways, David, did you get your reward?" he asked.
I took Victoria's hand, she smiled, and I said, "I sure did."
The men came out, grabbed another set of crates, and carried them in, and they kept doing so until the wagon was empty, and we could still hear the crowd outside moving into town. Our fort was on the far north side of the town, and we were the first to see the new settlers coming from the lower mountains.

DeletedUser

DSM3 P1 Chapter 26

The Oppression begins
As the months went by, more and more settlers arrived and The town ran out of housing for the new families quick. The only place left with enough room for settlers was the ruins of the town of Desolate Truth, so Jennings annexed the land making Daniels Gulch twice as large. As settlers moved south into the south, they tore down the forest between the two sectors of town, they began to build more houses for the Settlers, and construction crews worked day in and day out building streets, houses and the occasional apartment. The town eventually grew into a city by 1893, but It was split into six different sectors, Three sectors to the north; which were the Government sector, Market sector, and Schofield sector, then there were three to the south, which included the New residential sector, the Desolate residential sector, and the Miners sector.
The Schofield sector was the farthest north of all of the sectors, it contained Fort Schofield and fans of David Schofield had built their homes nearby. Then, there was the market sector where goods of all kinds were traded. Then there was the Government sector. All of the wealthier families resided in this area, and then there were the old train tracks. They were what separated the old northern part of Daniels gulch from the new southern part. The farthest south sector was the Miner sector, mining tents and small houses had started to appear when a man discovered gold there in December of 1892. Then there was the desolate sector, the remains of Desolate Truth had been converted into low-wealth residential homes, and crime ran rampant in the streets, Then there was the Grandview sector. This sector housed not only the Sheriff's department, but also the new US Army base, built there to help keep the town protected from any other rebellions, similar to Hansel and Veronica's rebellion. Even though the Grandview sector was right next to the crime-ridden desolate sector, the Security forces primarily kept Grandview safe and the Government sector safe.
Eventually, Desolate sector became overpopulated and even worse with crime. Criminals began appearing in the Miner sector, and the government began to lose control. Then Jennings was shot. The shooter was a political rival and commander of the local military base. He wanted the town to be ruled with an iron fist, so he burnt down the mayor's office with a squad of soldiers and declared himself the leader of Daniels Gulch. The people began to fear for their lives, those in Grandview and the Government sector were given a tax reduction, while everyone else had to suffer with an incredibly high tax rate, goods were taxed to ridicules extremes, and many stores had to close their doors. The army became the main supplier of over priced goods, foods, and clothes. A citywide firearms ban was enacted by the leader. Every man, woman and child south of the railroads gave up their firearms, or fled to Fort Schofield. The army seemed to ignore the existence of fort Schofield, and the residences in the Schofield sector were left alone as well. As the poor got poorer, the rich got richer, and the leader gained more power. He began to build monuments to himself in the town, and no one wanted to leave because they went through hell to arrive in Daniels gulch, and the rails were sabotaged by the Soldiers so no one could escape. The once protectors became an occupying force in Daniels Gulch, and no one knew how to stop them, even the wealthy individuals in the Government sector became oppressed, taxes were thrown at them by the forceful leader and their mansions were confiscated by the US Army soldiers stationed in Daniels Gulch. Even the Schofield mansion was occupied by the corrupt soldiers, the only person from the crew that had chose to live there was Hiram, so he was forced out by the evil men and he had to return to Fort Schofield. The soldiers who disagreed with what their commander was doing chose to desert the army and flee to Fort Schofield. Yuri still had his firearms surplus in the armory, and so he decided that it was time to act. It was time for a free city, to remove the oppressive occupants once and for all.

DeletedUser

A Rebellion!
My room had become even more crowded as soldiers moved into the fort seeking shelter from their oppressive ex-masters. Our HQ bunkroom was full with 36 people; Yuri, Hiram, Harvey and James, and 32 deserting soldiers, and the outside Barracks was filled with refugees who hid their weapons in our armory, with Yuri's guns. Victoria and I had to move into the CO's office for some personal space, and as the days went by, she came closer to having a baby. She was 6 months pregnant now; It was March of 1893. The tyrant in control of the city was named Roger Clemmons. He had invoked Martial law, and no one was allowed to leave their homes from 7:00 past morning and 7:00 in the morning. People in the streets would be arrested, beaten, killed, or worse, if they were caught. Firearms were prohibited in the city, just owning them would get you jail time. The corrupt soldiers did pretty much anything they wanted. They would go from picking on old folks to tearing families apart, and having their way with whomever they wanted... There were still the soldiers who were good; they fought for the people instead of against the people. They did what was right, but many of them got sick of the corrupt soldiers being around, so many deserted. That's why we had 32 soldiers living in our HQ.
One day, Yuri had enough. He went to the desolate sector at 7:00 sharp and amassed a crowd of 97 people to protest the wrongs of the new government. He stood outside of the new leader's office and he began a peaceful protest against the wrongs of the government. Gatherings of over 12 people were prohibited by the government, so the leader was in shock when he walked outside on his second story balcony. He saw the 98 people with picket signs and angry looks, so he yelled for his soldiers to come to his aid. Men got on the telegraphs in the office and ordered reinforcements, 43 soldiers gathered around the crowd with rifles drawn, 3 of them had a Gatling gun readied. Then the leader spoke.
"Go back to your homes, and no one will be injured in the process." Roger said, and the crowd booed him.
The crowd immediately silenced as Yuri began to speak. "Your terrors on this town are over!" he yelled. He was not holding any signs; he only held a large steel pipe with a pickaxe head added on the end, he held it In his right hand. "We, the workers who sustain this town's economy will not take any more of your tyranny!" he yelled.
"Go back to your homes! This is your final warning!" Roger screamed.
I was standing next to the General store, which was one block away from the leader's office. All 98 people stood in the courtyard of the office, the building was three stories tall, and I saw snipers moving on the roof.
"We will not be silenced, we will rebel! We will free this land from tyranny! Long live the Revolution! Long live Freedom!" He yelled, He raised the steel pickaxe into the air, the crowd cheered, and the shots fired...
I shook with fright as I saw them killing the civilians, they shot even when the people ran, the protesters had given up when Yuri was shot, but the army kept shooting. Every single person was shot. The corrupt soldiers searched for survivors, and whenever there was a survivor, they shot them. I ran back to the fort, only to see 16 corrupt soldiers standing outside of it with Molotov's. I stood and watched in horror as they threw the firebombs high into the sky to land in the center of the fort. Then I saw people sneaking out the back, and going into the forest. I decided to follow them. Then I remembered, I still had my Schofield with me, I ran to the back of the fort and rushed inside of the burning HQ, I opened the CO's door, and found a note from Victoria. I put it in my pocket and ran to the armory, kicked open the door, and it was empty, so then I ran outside and into the forest just as the building's first floor ceiling began to catch fire. I followed the path made by the survivors and covered it to the best of my ability. They were moving west, and so was I. As dusk came, I pulled out the letter, and began to read.

DeletedUser

DSM3 Chapter 28

Loss for Words-The Conclusion
We had ordered our Engineer hostage to get the train moving, and we all cheered. James threw his old revolver out of a window, glad to have finally escaped that evil town and he was also glad that Samuel was dead. He reached in his pack and pulled out a Colt Dragoon that he had converted to fire metallic Cartridges, I was impressed, Ottawa applauded at the sight of the firearm, and Victoria hugged me, glad to be free of Daniels Gulch. Then the engineer decided to betray us. He sat the train to full speed and pulled out a derringer. He shot Victoria in the lower leg, I ran at him but he cracked me in the face with a hammer, he then destroyed the speed lever of the train, James rushed over to drop kick him but the engineer beat him with the hammer and James fell backwards onto Ottawa and they both fell and broke a large glass window as they fell out of the train. I drew my Schofield when the man fired and shot it from my hand, The barrel had been dented by the bullet, and then we heard a train blow it's whistle. We were on a bridge and another train was headed straight for us. The settlers took Victoria to a passenger cabin right behind us, Harvey and I were left to fight the engineer, then the train was closer, Harvey grabbed me by the arm and led me to a door, we were over a river, "David! Get outta here while you still can!" He yelled.
"I ain't jumping! Not without my wife!" I yelled.
Harvey shrugged and he pushed me out of the train and I fell 35 feet into the waters below. When I hit the water, I looked up and watched in horror as the two trains collided on the bridge, The engines exploded into a burst of steam and the combined weight of the trains along with the explosion split the bridge in half. "Victoria!" I screamed as a rail flew towards my head. I was unconscious in the water. I knew I would definitely be dead in minutes.
I awoke several days later, James and Ottawa were sitting around me with bottles of whiskey, "You alright?" James asked.
"Victoria..." I said, I looked at the two, their half smiles turned into frowns, and James took off his hat and placed it on his chest. I closed my eyes, and waited a while, hoping I would be dead before I opened them again.

DeletedUser

Days and months went by, David, James and Ottawa worked together as Mercenaries doing jobs and earning money. Over time, they earned a higher respect from townspeople and they were members of the top 25 mercenaries to call for a job in America, The crew changed their Armament around several times, and David chose a Mosin Nagant as his primary rifle, and he carried a Nagant M1895 revolver along with a new Russian Schofield. James stuck with his modified Colt Dragoon and he eventually purchased an 8 gauge double barrel Shotgun for close combat. Ottawa bought two Mauser C-96's for his main sidearm's and he carried David's old M1892 as a backup. Eventually the crew would finally face a formidable foe, deep in the south west of Arizona; They would face the Younger Gang.

DeletedUser

DSM3 P2 Chapter 1

Jimmy Valance
It was a bright day outside, the sun had broken through the eastern mountains and my cousin Travis the miners had begun their daily destruction of Sandstone Mountain. It was cold for spring, the often-red sand was dotted with spots of snow, horses and cattle huddled together for warmth and the pigs piled on one another. The day had come to an early start; I left the homestead round' six and headed into town on my quarter horse, I met up with my pals down at Sherman's Saloon, my younger brother Dan was there, and so were all three of the Mason brothers; Jake, Curtis and John. Pet also showed up with 9 bottles of Whiskey. Pet was the only son of the Sherman family; he wanted us to call him Pet instead of Petty, because he hated his full name. I remember Curtis used to call him Patty a few dozen times and he just got sick of it. We had hoped for Jasper to show too, but he was busy working the ranch for a decent pay. He was just like his old man; he would sell his girl for a buck and a bottle of Scotch, and then steal her back and sell her again. Dan and him always fought it out, Dan may not have been as big and strong, but he never gave up. That was the thing about Dan; I hoped that wouldn't ever do him no harm.
We walked over to the Jackson General Store; we met up with the girls there. There was Amelia Star, Jaspers woman, then there was Diane West, who was with John, Mary Thompson who was with Curtis, July Phillips, who was with Jake, Jake wasn't as bad as Jasper was with a gal, but Jake didn't treat July right. He got mad at her a lot, and Jake was the one in our group who drank the most. He drank so much we had to carry him home a few times, and then there was another girl, Lydia. She was 8 months older than me, but I always had a thing for gals who were older than me. She had just moved into town, her father was named Kenny, Kenny Young. I didn't have the slightest clue of what he did, but he seemed confined to only a small group of fella's he knew. I had never talked to her any, she was different from the other gals in town, she didn't wear a dress and she wore Jeans and Leather pants, never a dress. She was quiet, one time Jasper tried flirting' with her but she pulled a knife on em' when he went too far. Pet also got after her a bit, she was 5 years older than him but he didn't seem to give a care. He offered her a bottle of Whiskey once, she took it and he had thought he had won her over. He started touching her all over, and Oh Boy, I bet' he was surprised when she broke the whiskey glass across his face and popped his Jaw loose. To tell the straight truth, that just made me like her one whole hell of a lot more. When she busted Pet like that, I thought he would have to go to old' Ambrose to get some stitches, and that was funny in some sense, to me anyways. The rest of the fella's took to a trend to stay away from her for a while. The gang and I went ahead and walked back over to Sherman's, and went on in. Three of the gals went over and sat at the bar, and Lydia and Diane sat together at a single table. They were friends and got along real well. Diane seemed to look up to Lydia, like a big sister she never had. The boys went over to the poker table to challenge old' Fred to a match, now he was a legend at poker. He won damn near every match he went in, and he won the money for his brother's General Store. I decided to go on to the bar and order up a bottle of Wine, and hot damn! It was good! I had a cup, or two, and went over to Lydia and asked her, "May I buy you a drink?"

DeletedUser

DSM3 P2 Chapter 2

May I Buy you a drink?
"Um, what?" She asked.
"May I buy you a drink? Wine, Scotch, anything at all, you name it!" I said, winking at her.
"Hmm, uh huh, how about a bottle of Wine," She said.
"Good choice!" I said, as I walked over to the bartender to order a bottle of Wine.
The Bartender was Ulysses, the owner of the saloon. He looked at Lydia when I asked him for a bottle of the Wine. "It's on the house." He said, and he handed me a bottle of the finest Wine in the saloon. I walked over to Lydia, and she and Diane giggled while I was walking over to her. I poured a glass for her. "Best in the territory!" I said with a smile.
Lydia unbuttoned the top of her blouse and said, "How about we go to one of the back rooms and, well, we can, you know..."
"Really!" I said in a surprised and excited voice.
"No... It's going to take a lot more than some expensive wine and some charm to win me over." She said, and then she winked, and then drank the whole glass of wine in a few seconds and slammed the glass down and laughed.
John walked over with a bottle of whiskey and he slurred, "How's my girl!" as he pulled out her chair and sat on her lap hugging her. She started giggling and she went ahead and hugged him tight, and right then he was fast asleep. I was surprised John had passed out before Jake, but I looked over at the poker table and saw Jake face down in a stack of poker chips, snoozing away.
I decided to go ahead and sit down next to Lydia as she drank most of the bottle. Then she handed the bottle back to me and said "Drink it!"
So I drank every bit left in the bottle, and she started laughing. At that point I was thinking she had gone and poisoned it, so I said "What, am I gonna die?"
"No!" She said loudly as she laughed. "I spit in the bottle!" She laughed.
I just said "So, I'm fine with drinking it."
Then she just looked into my eyes for the first time, and I noticed she had blue eyes. Pet walked over with a glass of Whiskey and stroked Lydia's hair, he was drunk. She snatched the Wine bottle away from me and smashed it upside Pets head, making him bleed, yet again...
"Pet! Now what did I tell you last time!" Ulysses Sherman said as he stormed over to drag his son off to fix em' up and put in some stitches. "You ain't got no commonsense, do ya, boy?" Ulysses said to Pet as he dragged him, Pet was crying' his eyes out. Lydia laughed as she saw him disappear into the backroom.

DeletedUser

DSM3 P2 Chapter 3

Midday sands
The sand outside had gone ahead and heated up and It started to feel warm by Noon. Dan didn't drink nothing but a quarter of a bottle of Whiskey and he left the Saloon early so he could go ahead and get to work at the Ranch. Jake was dead asleep and John was cradled in Diane's arms as he sat dead asleep in her lap. Lydia had taken out her pistol and started playing with the clip a bit, she had one of those new C-96 pistols, made in Germany or something. I always wanted one of those foreign guns, but I stuck to my Colt M1889. My pa had given it to me before the accident at the mine, and he had always told me I had more kin, but they had died back in Arkansas when some soldiers killed them back in the early 1870's. One of them was my pa's first wife, but she didn't make it, that or someone had kidnapped her and done something. My ma had vanished back in 1888, no one knows why.
We decided to leave the saloon, Amelia, Lydia, Curtis, July, Mary, and I had gone ahead and left while the rest were left in the saloon. Amelia and July had gone off to the tailor while Curtis stayed behind with Lydia and me. Lydia had went over to a horse to go ahead and pat it on the head when Curtis whispered in my ear "If you want her, I bet ya I can help you get her!"
I nodded my head. "How can I get her to be my girl?" I asked quietly.
"Keep doing what you're doing; just touch her a little bit too, on the shoulder and stuff. Ya know?" he whispered.
Now, Curtis was my third best friend, next to John and Dan. "I gotta go and catch up with my gal, go get her, cowboy!" he finished, and he ran off to the tailor.
"So..." I clapped my hands together, as Lydia was walking over. "What do ya want to do?" I asked.
She shrugged her shoulders, "Walk around I guess..." she said. Then I remembered what Curt had said.
"Lets go and check out the mountains to the west; maybe we will find some gold!" I said laughing.
"Whatever you say." She said, rolling her eyes.
We walked past the Saloon, Sheriff's office, and General store and a few apartments and hotels, and then we were out of the town. We walked across the red sands, and passed the occasional small tree, and then we started talking again.
"Why do you wear clothes like that, instead of a dress?" I asked.
"Well, the pants are more comfortable..." she said. "I do own a dress, do you want it?" She laughed.
I gently pushed her on the shoulder...
"Hey!" She yelled. Then she spun around and kicked me in the chest which knocked the wind outta me, and then kicked me in the hind end while I was down.
"What was that for..." I said. "I was just... Joking when I pushed you..."

DeletedUser

DSM3 P2 Chapter 4

Just a guess
"So was I..." She said as she laughed. She helped me back up.
As I limped with her, I fell over again. "Do I need to carry you?" She asked.
"Sure..." I said. She smiled, rolled her eyes, she grabbed both of my legs and started to drag me across the sand. "I thought you said carry..." I said.
"What do look like, a horse?" She said.
I stayed quiet a bit, and then decided to joke around a bit more and said "Yep."
She turned around and looked at me as a Christian would look at their kid If they cussed in church, then she laughed, and started to drag me again. I closed my eyes and relaxed a bit. Then the sands turned to rocks once we got closer to the mountain so I said, "I can walk from here..."
"Suit yourself..." She said as she dropped my legs and continued walking. I quickly got up, rushed up behind her, and put my right arm around her and my left hand on her left shoulder and I grinned.
"So, do you like the mountains?" I asked her.
She smiled, then clinched her fist and hit me in the groin which made me scream in pain, and she calmly said, "Yes, the mountains are nice." As I fell to the ground, yet again. "Do I have to drag you again?" She asked.
"Why do you hate me so much?" I asked.
She giggled, grabbed my shirt collar and lifted me up. She dusted me off and asked, "Do you still think I hate you?"
I just stood silent, trying to stay standing, and I said "I guess..." then I looked her in the eye, shrugged, and said "not?"
She smiled, rolled her eyes, and said "Come on, we're burning day light."
I walked alongside her, now afraid to even come three feet next to her, and she noticed I was trying to stand away from her, so she walked to the left, a little closer to me. I walked further to the left, trying to keep her at bay. We were going up a hill, almost half way up the mountain was an old abandoned mine, we were heading there. She moved closer to me as we walked. I moved further away. She came closer and closer, and I was running out of room to move, there was a straight drop off on the hill that went down about thirteen feet, and she got closer to me again. I couldn't go any farther. She looked at the drop-off and grinned. I had a bad feeling about what would happen, and then she went ahead and gently pushed me. I started to fall from the hill, so I grabbed her arm, hoping that she would help me stay on. Instead, we went off the hill together, I hugged her as we fell, then we hit the side of the hill and started rolling.

We continued rolling down the hill; we were both silent, and dizzy... We were going fast, then we came to a stop, and I ended up lying on top of her. I gazed into her eyes, and she looked into mine, I moved my lips closer to hers, and then I went in for the kiss. I kissed her, she closed her eyes, she looked like she enjoyed it. Then she quickly opened them, frowned, and kneed me in the groin as hard as she could. I stopped kissing her and screamed in pain, and then she threw me off her, got up, dusted herself off, and stood over me. She looked down at me and she looked mad, but instead of kicking me to death, she helped me up. "Tell anyone about this, and I will have my father kill you..." She said.
"Ok, I won't tell anyone." I said, I smiled at her, she tried not to crack a grin, but she went ahead and smiled anyways...
"I've... I've got to go..." She said, she looked down at the ground, slightly embarrassed, shook her head, and started walking back to town.
"Yes!" I cheerfully whispered, I had kissed her, and I could tell she had to have liked it, and so I got up, dusted myself off, and went off to the active mine to meet up with Travis. That mine was about half a mile to the North West, so I went on and walked over there, and in about twenty minutes I was there, Frederick was driving the men to blow away a section of the mountain when I got there. "Howdy fella's!" I said.
"Jim!" Travis said, and he came over and hugged me, "I saw you and some gal fall off that hill together over yonder, what were you two doing?" he joked, "How far did you get with her?"
"I got a kiss, but that's it, don't tell no one else!" I said. "I will tell Dan myself, and that's it."
"Come on cousin, we need to get out and celebrate!" He yelled, he ran over to Frederick and said "Hey Boss, I need to take off, my cousin finally got himself a girl!"
Frederick said "Oh, who's the lucky lady?"
They both looked at me. "She told me not to tell no one, and you guys can't tell anyone else, especially you, Travis..." That was the thing about Travis; he could never keep his trap shut.
We started walking back to town, the ranchers were always sent home around 5:26, and right now it was 5:27. "So who was she?" Travis asked.
"Lydia..." I said. "Now don't tell no one."
"You kissed... You kissed Lydia?" Travis asked. He had tried with her before, but he had failed. "Did you try to get in her pants?"
"Hell no!" I hollered, "I don't want to die before I even turn twenty!"
Travis was silent for the rest of the trip back home.

DeletedUser

DSM3 P2 Chapter 6

Back at the homestead.
Travis had walked in, still silent, and he went straight to bed. Dan was on the sofa reading a book by Ambrose West, when he saw me. "Brother!" He yelled, and he sat the book on the table and walked over to me. "How were things, you look like a mess?" He said, "Did you get in a fight with Jake again?"
"No, I spent the day with Lydia." I said.
"Did you get in her pants?" He asked, laughing.
"What? No!" I said, "I kissed her though, and she liked it!"
Dan was impressed. "Well I'll be, what was it like?"
I thought, and simply said "Best thing ever." Then I said, "Don't tell no one about this, Travis knows and that's already too many people."
It was 6:00. Dan had put his Peacemaker on the table with the book and gone to bed. I sat on the sofa and thought about Lydia. She liked the kiss, didn't she? Then I went on to sleep.
I awoke with a knock at the door, It was early morning; Dan and Travis were gone so I got up and answered it. A man stood at the door. He had a short beard, and he looked violent. He busted into the house, grabbed my shirt by the collar and said "I hear you been' kissing my gal?" He threw me on the ground. He drew his revolver and aimed it at me. He pulled back the hammer. "What was it like, kissing another man's girl?" He asked.
"Who are you talking about?" I said, scared to death.
"Peach, who else?" He said.
I exhaled my breath, relieved. "Oh, I didn't kiss Peach, you're probably thinking about James Thompson. I saw him kissing her a whole lot back at the Sheriff's department."
"Damn!" He said, he slammed his revolver against the door. "Damn! Damn! Damn!" He screamed hitting the revolver against the door each time. "Don't tell no one about this!" He said.
"Don't worry, I won't tell no one." I said, as he walked off. He was Woodrow Phillips; he was a soldier who had a bad stroke of luck with love. His wife, Peach, was having an affair with a lawman, and he can't shoot down no law man unless he wants to be hung.
I decided to go over to the couch and read Dan's book, "The Westerns at the Bull Run"

DeletedUser

Back to the Berg.
I got on my horse and headed back into town. I went over to my gangs usual meeting spot but no one was there. I just sat down on the porch of the Saloon and watched townspeople go by. Then Lydia came over. She sat down to the left of me, I glanced over at her, she looked as if she had been crying, and she seemed sad. "Hey." I said.
She just looked at me, sobbed a bit, and looked back into the street. A tear rolled down her cheek.
"What's a matter?" I said, and I put my hand on her shoulder, hoping she would cheer up.
"You didn't tell anyone, did you?" She asked.
"No, I didn't tell no one about you," I said.
"When you kissed me, I... I..." And she stopped talking, then she said "Never mind, you wouldn't understand anyways..."
"What?" I said. She smiled, rolled her eyes and got up.
"Come on, let's get a drink." She said, so I got up and we walked in the Saloon.
When we went in, there were four people inside the bar. Jake, Ulysses, Fred and some new man, he looked in his twenties. He just stared at me, and at Lydia. He had blonde hair and a short goatee, he wore a tan cowboy hat and he just sat and chewed on a toothpick he had in his mouth. Lydia and I went over to a table and sat down, I went and got us both a bottle of the best Wine and we drank. Then the man came over and stood over us.
"Howdy, I'm Jessie Rogers, and do I believe that you are with my girl." He said, eyeing Lydia.
"Back off, pal, she don't even know you." I said, and she had her hand on her knife.
"Fine then, you had a chance." He said. He reached for his holster.
"Get out, Jessie." Lydia said as she pulled out her knife. "I'll gut you right here and now,"
"Whoa, whoa, fine Miss. Young, I'll leave you with that hillbilly, but don't come crying to the gang when you end up living in a gutter." Jessie said, and he walked out of the saloon. Lydia put her knife back in the sheath.
"Who in the hell was he?" I asked.
"One of my father's henchmen..." She said, "He has tried this stuff since I was 13."
She drank from the bottle, and then she handed it to me. I drank all that was left. "Want me to walk you home?" I asked.
"Yeah, If you want too." She said, so we left the saloon and left the town again.
We walked down a dusty road in the sand; we came upon a large gate and a stone fence that bordered the Premises. She opened the gate and we walked to a huge building.
"Well, here it is." She said. We were standing next to the porch when we noticed Jessie sitting on a rocking chair watching us, he was drinking a bottle of Whiskey. "Kiss me! Make it look real!" She said to me.
"Okay!" I said. I took her into my arms, and I locked my lips with hers, I moved my right hand down on her back and I held her tight. I moved my right hand lower and she stopped kissing me and just went into a tight hug.
She whispered into my ear "Don't make it too convincing..." and she giggled, we released each other, waved our goodbyes, and she ran inside. Jessie sat outside, spit on the ground, and drank again. I left for town to get my horse and ride home. On my way to town, I thought about how she talked. She talked with good words and she was sophisticated, I liked her even more, I loved her, when I got to my horse, I went on home. Dan was there, and so was Travis. Travis had been drinking and he passed out on the sofa, and I went straight to bed. That night, I heard gunshots in the town, but I ignored them and went on to sleep.

DeletedUser

Investigation
I woke up at 6:43, grabbed my M1889 and left the house; I decided not to ride my horse to town today. I walked up the main street when I saw the sheriff and three soldiers with the bodies of 7 townspeople next to the bank. The Sheriff and the deputy were talking something about hiring mercenaries. Then I looked at the townspeople, I noticed that I knew one of them, it was Peach Phillips. It had to have been Woodrow, but then I looked closer at the townspeople, and I noticed that the only one laying on his face was Woodrow, he had been shot in the back by someone, I didn't know who. I listened to some of the things that the lawmen were talking about, I heard them say the names "West" and "Schofield" and then I remembered that six years ago I read in the local paper that a band of fella's saved an entire town by destroying another, they were mercenaries and they say that divine intervention is what saved them, I normally don't believe in folk tales about that sort of stuff, but those fella's survived one hell of a gunfight I read, I couldn't help but wonder what it was like to stay alive through all that. Then one of the Lawmen walked over to the post office, so I went to the saloon to see If I could find Lydia. When I walked in, I saw that Jessie holding a gun to Ulysses and I saw Pet dead on the floor, then I saw Lydia with her shirt almost torn off. I pulled out my M1889 and aimed at Jessie, but he heard me pull the hammer back and he spun and fired a shot off at me, I ducked and then shot at him, he had one of those M1894 Steyer Mannlicher pistols, he pulled the trigger again and the damn thing jammed on him, I knew that was my chance and I just pulled the trigger on my M1889 about 5 times and I fired every bullet in the gun, Jessie dropped to the ground bleeding as Ulysses pulled out a brand new Winchester 1897 shotgun and fired it into Jessie's face. Then Ulysses ran over to Pet and cried as he carried him off into the back room of the saloon. I rushed over to Lydia. "Are you alright?" I asked.
"He tried to have..." She managed to say, before she burst into tears, I held her in my arms as I stroked her long brown hair.
"I love you." I said to her, and she stopped crying.
"What?" She said, sobbing.
"I love you, Lydia Young!" I said, smiling, "I would never let anyone hurt you! I love you more than anything!" I said.
She pushed me away, and then she stood up, and backed away.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"I just want to be friends with you, Jimmy, not... like that..." She said, wiping the final tears off her cheek.
"Just friends? But..." I myself started crying. "I thought you liked me, we kissed..."
She began to cry again, "I have to go!" She yelled, and she ran out of the saloon.

DeletedUser

DSM3 P2 Chapter 9

Just Friends...
I walked outside of the saloon and waited for my pals to show up. I stood there and looked around. The townspeople had been moved somewhere else, and the Sheriff and Deputy had disappeared. after about 11 minutes Curtis, John, and Dan showed up. "Where is Pet?" John asked.
"He's dead." I said.
"What!" Curtis said. The other two listened intensely.
"Some outlaw shot him." I said. Then I remembered Lydia. "Lydia doesn't love me..."
"Damn, life here is going to hell!" Dan yelled. He took out his peacemaker and sat down to count the bullets, thinking about Pat.
John just shrugged and went on home. Before he left, he said, "This town ain't worth my time no more."
Curt just walked over to me, he said "I'm sorry about Lydia, don't worry, there are plenty..."
I interrupted him, "I don't give a hoot about no one else! I love Lydia!" I yelled. Then I sniffled some.
"You crying?" Curtis asked.
"Yeah..." I said.
"Well I'll be damned, real men do cry." He said smiling; he patted me on the back, trying to cheer me up.
Dan pinched his finger on the cylinder of the peacemaker. "Aw hell!" He yelled as he threw the gun at the apartment across the street; It landed on the roof and slid into the gutter. Then he screamed out a whole bunch of curse words and left. It was only 9:00 and the day was already a living hell. I stuck with Curtis all day, we went on over to the gun store. They had a few Spencer's, Sharps, a Winchester or two, a Henry Repeater, a few trapdoor rifles, some peacemakers, a few Winchester 1897 shotgun's, and a .45 long colt model Schofield. I decided to buy the Schofield for Dan, to replace the Peacemaker. They took the same ammunition, so I didn't have to worry about that.