The Battle for Atlantis

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Rowdy looked behind Dimano, the glint of a sniper rifle's scope alerted him to the danger. "Look out!" Jack dove forward, grabbing the Atlantean's waist. Jack pulled him to the ground just as a 7.62 MM bullet plowed into the Atlantean standing directly behind the Atlantean commander.

Grabbing the Atlantean by the collar of his clothing, Jack drug Dimano into the bombed out ruins of an Atlantean storefront. He propped his Atlantean friend up against a block "You still with me?"

Deleted User - 819397

Dimano was short of breath, adrenaline coursing through his body. Being shot at would do that. "Yeah...I'm still here..." he smiled. "Thanks for trusting me enough to save my life...I'll repay the favor when possible. Now, I believe we were talking about possibly joining forces with your side? I'm not the commander nor the...you don't have a word for it in your language, so it won't translate...I suppose the best term is king, although that is incorrect...but I know...aghh...umm, his Majesty? would approve of anything to end the war quicker...

DeletedUser

after a long time, a bin laudin infantry patrol came down the road. tom loaded his rifle and took aim. he fired, the round ripped through the head of one of leader, killing him instantly. one of tom's comrades opened up with the GPMG (general purpose machine gun). a few more of the enemy were shot down, the remaining enemy infantry dived for cover, but were instantly pinned down.

DeletedUser

Inside the plane, Oliver Fontane grimaced. He had opened Rowdy's microphone up remotely and had heard everything. In a fit of rage, Oliver smashed his hand down on a crate. Pacing the aisle, Oliver kicked the crate again "God damn that Carlyle."

He knew what he must do "Emanuel!"

The mexican operator walked over "Yes, sir?"

"We have the location of Carlyle, it's marked on your GPS. I DON'T want him to come back, do you understand?"

"Yes, sir!"

DeletedUser

as tom and his men finished off the bin laudin patrol, they recieved a message from HQ, tom's battallion was to rally and begin an attack on atlantis. it would be the first time tom would see one of the legendary atlanteans. we wondered if they had gills...

DeletedUser

Emanuel reached up and pulled his faceguard down over his face. The faceguard had a pair of Old-West style revolvers crossed and directly above them was a sombraro, a naked lady was painted on the other side. The mexican operator picked his Colt Commando M16 from a rack and slung it over his back. From beelow the rifle case, he pulled a Colt Python 357 Magnum revolver.

"Open the plane." Fontane ordered, as his employee gathered his equipment together.

Emanuel leapt from the plane.

"Oh no." Jack muttered "Diamano, we're in trouble!"

Deleted User - 819397

"From what?" Dimano asked, looking around. From what he could tell, no one was threatening them...in fact, all looked peaceful. Still, Rowdy's sudden mood change unsettled him...something was obviously wrong.

DeletedUser

Jack looked upwards, as he pulled his red white and blue warpainted helmet from under his arm. Setting it atop his head, Rowdy tightened teh straps under his chin and behind his head.

Then, he pointed upwards, into the sky, with an armored hand. He pointed directly at a parachute falling from the sky, a man in similar armor suspended underneath it.

"Emanuel."

DeletedUser

tom's plane reached the city of atlantis and he and his men prepared to jump. as the green light came on, he jumped out of the fuselage. after what seemed like ages of freefall, he gulped and opened his parachute. it opened succesfully. he landed in the middle of a street. quickly he cut off his parachute and assembled his rifle. he looked around. there was no atlanteans to be seen, so he ran forwards, in the hope of finding his men. an hour later, he had found the rest of his platoon. it was now time to carry out the objective: to take hold of the city and hold it.

Deleted User - 819397

Dimano looked puzzled. "Why did this...Emanuel...jump out of his plane while it was still functioning?" Seeing the look of disbelief on his newfound friend's face, he added, "I just recently learned that air-travel is common on the surface, but I also read that people should not attempt jumping out of a plane while it is not on fire or otherwise doomed..." He looked skyward again. "And if he jumped, who is piloting the plane?"

DeletedUser

tom and his men advanced down a road. the street's were still empty.
"jeez, this is creepy." said tom. he turned left at a junction and saw a human and at atlantean talking in the middle of the road, they were looking up at the sky. tom rushed towards them with his rifle raised.
"NOBODY MOVE! you are know prisoners of the united kingdom! LAY DOWN YOUR WEAPONS AND PUT YOUR HANDS IN BEHIND YOUR HEAD!" he shouted.

DeletedUser

"Emanuel works for the same Company as I do, TAR Industries. We are a private military company, most of teh hardcore fighting in modern warfare is done, not by countries, but by companies. Like TAR. Emanuel is wearing a parachute, when he gets close enough to teh ground, he will pull a cord and release a big piece of fabric that will slow his descent until he is able to hit the ground without any pain or injury." Rowdy shook his head, worridly "My boss, leader, wants me dead for talking with you."

Suddenly a distinctly british voice barked that Rowdy was his prisoner. Jack turned, to see a group of twenty United Kingdom paratroopers holding rifles on him and Diamano's men. The sergeant motioned for Jack to drop his Heckler and Koche G11 "HEY! These are peace talks, you have no authority to interrupt them."

DeletedUser

"i have the authority of the government of the united kingdom. that is enough." he said. he gestured at the atlantean commander and the soldier with his rifle. "anyway, what is your name and rank, and who do you work for?" he asked.

Deleted User - 819397

"I am Dimano, captain...I work for the commander, who is also one of the Council that governs our lives." Dimano answered, trying to appease the man who was pointing a gun at him. "If you work for the United Kingdom..." Dimano struggled to remember the geography for a moment, then came to a realization. "You're on the same side Jack is then! He and I were talking about a way to speed the end of this war...by having your side and ours team up and overrun the other side...we both look for the same thing." Dimano was speaking animatedly by this point, attempting to get the man to understand why this was so critical.

DeletedUser

"yes, i suppose that we're on the same side, however, if you want peace talks, i could try and put you in touch with my commander," he paused thinking out loud. "mind you, he'd probably ignore it. problem is, you see, is that most of my commanders are like order taking zombies who only obey their stupid american NATO bosses, and NATO doesn't want peace." he explained. he noticed that he was still holding up his rifle and lowered it.

Deleted User - 819397

Dimano was puzzled. "Why wouldn't...NATO...want peace? I can understand not wanting peace for the side you were fighting before we surfaced, but why not sign a treaty of some sort to join our two sides so that the fighting would end early? It's logical, right?"

DeletedUser

tom shouldered his rifle and walked towards the atlantean.
"it's politics. they're trying to make it look like you attacked us first, which would give them a reason to attack you, and if they manage to make it look like you're trying to invade us, it makes you look bad and them look good." he said.

DeletedUser

"Listen, you limey, the Americans are no more to blame then merry old england. So quit with the accusations." Rowdy spat "My name is Jack McAlister Carlyle, I'm from the private sector. I work for TAR industires."

DeletedUser

"hah! private military! what authority do you have yank?" tom spat as he raised his rifle to hip height and pointed it at jack.

DeletedUser

"More authority then you'll ever have." Rowdy pointed a finger at the paratrooper "If you'll notice, I was here first and still have the biggest gun."

Reaching down, Rowdy took ahold of the grip of his G11.