The Battle for Atlantis

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date

Deleted User - 819397

You all know the story of the mythical city of Atlantis. This city supposedly sank beneath the sea after some sort of disaster, never to be seen or found again. However, the city was not gone indefinetely...the people saved themselves, and spent centuries preparing their island to rejoin the surface world.

In the meantime, the world became the one we live in now. However, in 2012, the world did not end as speculated, but instead a third world war erupted. This one was between the countries under the command of Osama Bin-Laudin, who had been busy "convincing" other governments to turn command over to him. This meant most of the middle east was on one side, with the rest of the world on the other side.

Underwater, Atlantis was finally ready to re-emerge from the depths. They activated their system (think Faar from the 2nd Pendragon book) and rose to the surface. However, this prompted both sides to attack Atlantis, since neither side knew if they were friendly or not. The peace-loving Atlanteans had no choice but to fight back.

Now, all three sides are pitted against each other. No one can seem to gain the upper hand, and indeed all three sides are suffering major casualties.

Bio time!

Name:
Occupation: (does not have to be combat, but should be, keeping with the theme of this RP. if you are combat, what rank?)
Views on the war: (what do you think will happen, what are your views on the point of the war, etc.)
weapons: (If combat)
Bio:

DeletedUser

Name:Jake Monroe
SIde:Allies
Views on war:Jake thinks it's stupid fighting the Atlanteans but not Bin-Laudin.He thinks the war should just be between the Allies and Bin-Laudin not Atlanteans.Jake will not kill an Atlantean if he has the chance not too.
Weapons:Stweyr Sniper Rifle,Italian Army Issued Berreta 9mm & Mini-Uzi
Bio:Jake joined the army to fight Bin-Laudin only.He hopes he only kills Bin-Laudin's troops.He's young but tough to kill.

DeletedUser

Name: Jack McAlister Carlyle "Rowdy"

Side: Allies

Views on the war: Like in his Central Intelligance days. Money in the bank. The people of Atlantis are tougher then he had thought, but if they stand in the way of an American victory, a millenia of training won't save them.

Weapons: The 45. Magnum Automag Pistol, which he carries in a shoulder holster, under his left armpit. Using 4.72x33 MM Caseless Ammunition the Heckler & Koch G11 had become as much a part of Jack as his own arm. MCK 9.5 inches of steel which rode in his right booot.

Bio: Born on a cold morning in the pacific northwest, he was christened Jack Mcalister Carlyle. As a child he was an untouchable, neither unpopular or popular. Instead he floated in the middle, seen by none but seeing everything. This turned from a running joke with himself into a habit and, when he graduated high school with straight A's, he was given a scholarship to go to the school of his choice, but Jack MCalister Carlyle turned it down. What Jack did, was apply to a trucking company and learn to operate a semi truck, just as his father had. He worked for a time, but his heart was never in it. At 23 he applied to the Central Intelligence Agency. The rest is classified, was eaten or burned.

Rowdy was not seen or heard from again for 5 years. What happened was never released, talked about or even acknowledged it's existance. This time, Jack was behind the wheel of a semi truck, a Peterbilt. The nickname "Rowdy" was hung on him when he busted an accustic guitar over the head of a dispatcher who had screwed him out of a lot of money.

In the winter of 2011, Oliver Fontane from the private sector approached him in an E-Mail. The private military business was booming and with the rapidlly escalating war in the Middle East his company was hiring Private Operators. Blackwater, G4S and other less reputable PMCs had deployed thousands of men into the field. All told,the Private Military had an Army just as large, or larger, then any country.

Jack's company was small. Compared to Black Water and G4S, who's roster accounted for two thirds of the military personel deployed, about two hundred thousand operators, Oliver Fontane's company was a speck. TAR Industries, Oliver Fontane's brainchild, had only 300 operaters deployed, but TAR had some of the best.

Rowdy clutched his G11 to his chest, as the plane rocked violently to the side, from a Ground to Air missle that had missed by a hair. Emanuel, an operator from Mexico was thrown from his seat by the blast and was sent tumbling the full length of the plane.

Emanuel caught himself on a crate filled with concusion grenades. He pulled himself to his feet, just as another explosion rocked the plane.

Oliver Fontane himself, a lanky man of about fifty years, walked down the length of the plane. He kept himself upright by holding onto a rail set into the top of the plane's hold. Oliver stopped in front of Rowdy.

"Alright, Carlyle, we're directly above your objective. You will hold parachute until three hundred feet then pull. This will keep you off any scans we know about. These Atlanteans have no idea what equipment we have, so shed some of the armor and take more munitions. As far as we can tell, the Atlanteans have an Armed forces much like the United States, so we have targeted for you the last known position on their 'general' Hiamad Forenthis. How do you pronounce that?" Oliver sat down beside Rowdy.

"I'm not sure, sir." Rowdy replied, unbucking himself from his seat.

"Well, ask him in person for me." Oliver stood "We're private military son. That means we don't have to abide by the Geneva Convention and because of that, we can't expect to be treated as such. The reward for completing your objective is fifty thousand direct deposited. I'll stay on the horn with you from up here. OPEN THE HATCH!"

Rowdy tightened the straps down on his G11, he didn't want it to fly away in mid jump and be left only with a pistol. The wind rushed through the doors and whipped his hair into a frenzy, as he stood.

Fontane suddenly turned "Oh yeah, Carlyle. The DOD has decided to give you full disposal of any and all air support available. Mark the target with the infared strobe in your pack and call in to me."

Rowdy strode to the open cargo doors and looked down. Below him, the monolithic structures of Atlantis spread out. Rowdy could see groupss of Atlanteans had gathered together to watch the plane.

"Rowdy, GO!" Oliver motioned for him to jump from the plane.

Jack stepped backwards and threw himself from the plane.

Oliver Fontane was widely critisized and hailed asthe creator of the future of PMCs. Jack, Emanuel and all the TAR operators wore a full-body kevlar shield. They were made exactly like a medevil suit of armor was, but molded out of Kevlar and forged with minor weak spots at the elbows, shoulders, knee and neck. Jack's had a faceguard. Up and down his faceguard were streaks of red white and blue paint.

-----15 Minutes Later-----

Jack looked down from the rooftop he had landed on. Atlantean troops had discovered his insertion and a kill-squad had been assigned. They now stormed the rooftop he was on.

Jack spoke into the microphone "They discovered my chute, I've been targetted." Jack lifted his rifle to his shoulder andd sighted in on the lead Atlantean. He centered the crosshairs onthe man's head and pressed the trigger just once.

The G11 bucked backwards and the lead Atlantean's head exploded backwards, punching his body off the ladder. He fell in a heap in the middle of the street, crimson began to spread in a pool around his body.

"Your orders are clear, Carlyle. Kill anyone in the way and track down the general." Oliver replied.

Jack let his G11 fall on it's sling and clawed under his arm for the Automag. It came into his grip the moment the first Atlanteans poured onto the roof.

Deleted User - 819397

Name: Dimano Kondren
Side: Atlantis
Views on the war: Dimano cannot understand why they have been attacked. They were peaceful, not provoking anyone, merely wishing to rejoin the world at large. He wants to find a quick end to the war, but believes the more savage nature of the surface dwellers will not allow for this.
weapons: Scorpion
scorpion.png

Bio: Dimano was one of the most eager Atlanteans when it came to rejoining the world. Atlantis had become a center of knowledge and science, and he knew that the surface world would benefit greatly from their research. He was therefore dismayed at the awful reality that awaited them. He joined the military, quickly earning the rank of captain, not to fight those who had in his mind betrayed him, but to find a way to end the war from the front lines.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Dimano ordered his men onto the rooftop. He disliked the idea that more men would die, but knew it was necessary. It was the surface dwellers or us, he reasoned. He lamented the fact that it had come to this, and wished someone on the other side to realize that they had not wanted war...that they had been ready to share medical and technological advancements with the world that would benefit them all, not to control the world. He reluctantly joined his men on the rooftop and opened fire.

DeletedUser

Jack pointed his Automag at an Atlantean who was leveling an energy rod at him and fired. The man was pushed backwards and off his feet, landing on his face. He reached down to try and stop the blood gushing from his stomach.

Reaching down, he flipped the selector switch on his rifle to full auto and held it in his right hand. Rowdy moved the barrel back and forth in long sweeping movements. Atlanteans were cut down, blood coated the ground and began to pool. one Atlantean was shot three times across the chest and fell backwards onto another Atlantean, toppling both of them to the ground.

Suddenly, his G11 blew backwards on an empty chamber. Searing pain lanceed across his chest, as the still living sea-people opened fire. Though his TAR Exoskeleton prevented the volley of rounds to penetrate his skin, they shoved him backwards off his feet.

Two Atlanteans who were standing on his chute were jerked over the edge with him, as he fell. While they fell to their deaths, Jack's parachute got caught on an outjutting of rock and he hung fifteen feet from the ground.

DeletedUser

Name:tom fletcher
Side: Allies
Views on the war: will simply follow orders, and kill anyone that tries to kill him.
weapons: SA-80 assault rifle with sniper scope
Bio: born in norwich, joined the army at 17 and joined the paras at 22.

Deleted User - 819397

Seeing the surface-dweller fall off the roof, Dimano ran to the side he had disappeared from. He watched as his parachute snagged a small bit of rock and sighed in relief. He would have hated to see a life be lost so unnecessarily. He ran down to the street and grabbed a fallen street post. He hooked the man's parachute on it and gently put him down on the ground. "Hold your fire. I'm not about to shoot you, I want to talk diplomatically." he said.

DeletedUser

Jack looked at the Atlantean carefully. Around him, the remnants of the KillSquad aimed their weapons at him. This one walked with authority, it was the leader.

Jack released his G11, letting it roll around his body and settle into it's place in the small of his back. Grasping the latch that kept his faceguard from coming up, Jack pulled it up.

"You can speak english?"

Deleted User - 819397

Dimano smiled. "No, I understand not a word of English." He reached to his throat and pulled off a tiny device the same color as his skin. He gestured to it for a second, then returned it to its spot. "That device we came up with a while ago, as part of our return to this world. It allows us to speak our language and to have all hear us speaking their own. It also works in reverse, with a similar device in our ears. We kept the throat one off, though, since after we found ourselves in a war we did not want we decided not to give our military plans away. However, I am here talking zu dich for..." he frowned, pulling the translator off his throat and looking at it. He gently blew on it, then returned it. "Forgive me...it's a bit buggy. Now, I am here talking to you for diplomatic purposes...perhaps we can end the war on us...we emerged only for peaceful purposes. We have knowledge in all fields that would greatly benefit all life on this planet."

DeletedUser

Jake aimed his Stewyr at the enemy trooper who wasn't Atlantean and pulled the trigger before shooting another enemy trooper.He slowly moved to a wall infront of the bin he was hiding behind.The rest of his squad were dead and he had to complete the mission.An Atlantean and an allied troop were talking up ahead.Jake put his rifle on his shoulder and took out his Uzi before sprinting over to them keeping his finger around the trigger, ready to shoot.

DeletedUser

Rowdy rolled over and levered himself to his feet. Once on his feet he pulled his helmet off completely and tucked it under his arm "Do you expect me to believe right off the bat that you are peaceful? After you were sent here to kill me?"

Deleted User - 819397

Dimano looked puzzled. "We never intended to start fighting in the first place. When we reemerged into this world, I do believe it was you who attacked us. We were merely going to help better your life, and instead you brought down war..." Dimano looked off, obviously pained by those words.

DeletedUser

Jack looked the man up and down "What is your name?"

From behind him, Jack pulled his G11. He made a point to show that the safety was flipped on. He took the box magazine off and began to reload the rifle.

DeletedUser

tom and his men set up position in the wreckage of a bank and waited for the first passing enemy patrol to move through the area.

Deleted User - 819397

Dimano smiled. They were getting somewhere. "Dimano is the name I bear...yours?"

DeletedUser

Jack let his G11 fall around him again, as he extended a hand "I'm Jack McAlister Carlyle. Everyone calls me Rowdy."

Deleted User - 819397

Dimano shook the proffered hand warmly. "you are the first of the surface people to actually consider a path other than violence when dealing with us. Tell me, why is that so? Is the surface such a dangerious place that everyone new is attacked out of fear?"

DeletedUser

"Actually, yes, right now the 'surface' is very very dangerous. If we're not careful this could turn into world war 3." Jack replied, pulling his hand away.

Deleted User - 819397

Dimano frowned. "I must admit I'm not familiar with your history...I concerned myself more with your customs, such as shaking hands. Have you really had two wars concerning the whole world? I must say the implications startle me..." he frowned again, then continued. "To avoid that, perhaps we could join your side. I have no doubt from talking to you that your side is the correct one to fight alongside. I don't know what joining forces would require, but I'm certain that all Atlanteans would support anything that would speed the end of this war."

DeletedUser

Jake aimed his rifle at the Atlanteans head."Peace or War?" he asked looking from fellow soldier to Atlantean and back.