The Bank Robber – Where's the Scoundrel?

DeletedUser

The Bank Robber – Where's the Scoundrel?

The Game - Read the Ingame Interstitial for the story and the clues. The scoundrels will not appear in the rankings, but the clues in the story will reveal their location.

Find the Scoundrel and duel him/her to take whatever stolen money he/she is carrying.

The Scoundrel may be attacked repeatedly – and will be available for approximately 2 days, or until KOed. After KO (or about 2 days) the Scoundrel will be finished and no further duels will count.

Those who beat the scoundrel in at least one duel will be eligible for the raffle at that level.

Raffle prizes are a choice between the weapons the scoundrels are carrying or a steel lined box.

DeletedUser

damn why do u guys always put up the story when there is battle this is so bad you need to organised it properly and give people a fair chance of getting into raffles and i cant duel any1 except only 1 my dueling level is really met

DeletedUser22685

There will nearly always be a battle going on. Besides, it takes a couple of hours max to go and do one duel, no one goes straight to a fort battle as soon as it's called so why not just duel the scoundrel instead of doing your normal jobs before the battle? Not to mention the scoundrels are available for two days, more than enough time to duel them after the battle as well. Really I see no issue with it.

You only need one in your duel range.

DeletedUser

bah took me 4hrs with Indian clothing which is bad timing when i got there already koed at least they should look at fort overview button if no battle is available or a battle is called and the clock time is 24hrs countdown then its fair enough they could call the event just a suggestion though and nothing more

DeletedUser

Sarah Gillmore lvl 100 lists abskay on her profile as one the people who beat her. She was clearly NOT KOED when you dueled her and won.

DeletedUser

they all got ko'd way too fast and that's my humble opinion :( although maybe i'm just biased because i of course was one of what will surely be many who were too late ;)

apologies if this was not meant to be a discussion thread. just following the cues from above.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I do appreciate feedback. It has never occurred to me to look to see if there were battles at the time the game begins. I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for the battles to be taken into account. I'll try to remember to check next time (It might not be possible to wait, but I'll look and see what I can do). For those that missed attacking scoundrels because they are koed quickly - I have no real solution. I have been adding more health to the higher level scoundrels. I can add more to the lower levels as well, but the players hit repeatedly to ko for obvious reasons. I don't know that it will help other than to be online and fast :)

DeletedUser

they all got ko'd way too fast and that's my humble opinion :( although maybe i'm just biased because i of course was one of what will surely be many who were too late ;)

apologies if this was not meant to be a discussion thread. just following the cues from above.

Stop moaning. This is a brilliant event. It gives you ample time to get prepared; it is not dependent upon a random location; it is not dependent upon you having a dueller build; it is not dependent upon you being a town member; it is not in any way a complete lottery; it is, in fact, another great Inno/The West event and in no way completely half-baked or inequitable in anyway. In fact, you are a stupid monkey for complaining! (the last bit is me ad-libbing). Now, if they would just say that it is an unfair event then people would accept it. They would be empowered and they could ignore said unfair event and carry on hunting grizzlys or mining silver! LOL

DeletedUser

well it is brilliant also just wanted to ask how much HP does the level 100 have please cause i tried passing her but she refused to pass out got like 20duels on her but still impossible this is the only way i can increase my chances of winning the less people they are in raffle the higher the chances of winning.Sorry to all those who didn't get there on time it was a brilliant event but still there is room for improvement

DeletedUser

Stop moaning. This is a brilliant event. It gives you ample time to get prepared; it is not dependent upon a random location; it is not dependent upon you having a dueller build; it is not dependent upon you being a town member; it is not in any way a complete lottery; it is, in fact, another great Inno/The West event and in no way completely half-baked or inequitable in anyway. In fact, you are a stupid monkey for complaining! (the last bit is me ad-libbing). Now, if they would just say that it is an unfair event then people would accept it. They would be empowered and they could ignore said unfair event and carry on hunting grizzlys or mining silver! LOL

ZOMG, calm down!

"I do appreciate feedback." - Lasarstar

Sure, anytime!

DeletedUser

I'm not going to say how much health the characters have, but it is a lot. I'm not sure about some of what has been posted here, but I don't want any confusion just because some people have an ironic sense of humor :)

You do have to be in a town to play, because you can't duel in The West unless you're in a town.

You don't have to have dueler skills to attack one of the scoundrels but you do have to have at least reasonable dueling skills to win. These npc scoundrels are not over-powered, but they are set up as duelers. Sometimes I see there are players who attack and lose and then do not try again. I think that is a mistake. Even some of the best duelers lose to these scoundrels sometimes. But in fact this is a dueler event. Those who do not have good dueling skills - or know how to change clothes/ or hitting and dodging stances in response to duel reports should probably ask for some help. Maybe that would be a good thing to post in alliance forums? Those are good skills for town/alliance members to teach each other regardless of this event.

The characters are spaced out somewhat randomly around the map, but the town location is not random. That is specifically picked to go with the story. Of course you don't have to go to the town to duel. You just have to know where the town is located so that you can click on the saloon and find the location of the npc characters. Whether or not those characters are close to you really is a matter of luck on your end.

It is a complete lottery. It is luck if you get to the character first and win a lot of money and it is luck if you win the raffle drawing. I have not been doing the raffle drawing myself anymore, as I felt I have too much interaction with the players - so for me to do it wouldn't be good form. The drawing is done independently by a different mod who isn't involved in discussions like this, or any difficulties that might arise in the game. That makes it as fair as I can manage with the limits of what we have to work with in the game.

Raffles and lotteries are not fair - they're random. One person might win a lot and another person might not win at all. That happens all the time. I myself have terrible luck with raffles and I rarely win. That doesn't stop me from entering raffles. I just never expect to win and I'm very surprised on the odd occasion when I do ;)

I'm sure everyone feels empowered to decide for themselves whether or not they want to participate in the event. I have been thinking about some ways to vary the event and make it a little different sometimes, but there are a lot of limits to what can be done for this kind of event within the game. We'll see...

DeletedUser

Mining silver and hunting grizzlys it is then. :D;)
I'd already worked out that this was a lottery so didn't even bother going for a scoundrel. Maybe one day a scoundrel that is below me in level will appear at a time when I am online and within say 1 hour transit time. Then I'll really enjoy stealing all the money so that no one else gets anything from them.
I doubt it though as to quote Ray Charles "If I didn't have bad luck then I'd have no luck at all!"