The Apocalypse is Upon Us

DeletedUser

Borowski looked ahead, and saw the Russians falling back. He rejoiced for a moment, and then a realization struck him. "Be careful, men", he radioed to his troops. "This could be a trap." His troops advanced slowly, keeping their guard up. The remaining AA vehicles continued to pick off Russian aircraft, slowly since the numbers of both the aircraft and AA vehicles were dwindling.

A Polish platoon entered a building, with a squad securing each floor. On the fifth floor, they came across a room. One man kicked the door down, while two more covered him. Inside, they saw a man in a Russian Colonel's* uniform with a field radio. One of the covering men tossed in a grenade and dove for cover with the rest. The grenade detonated, and they looked back in. The man was wounded and unconscious, and the voice radio continued speaking in Russian. Only one of the Polish troops spoke any Russian, and his vocabulary so so limited that he could only make out "get him to the... Command Post before...... retreat, retreat....... enemy.... prepare yourselves for....". One of them took the Russian's pulse and found him to be still alive. "Cierpiala, tie him down", he said to one of his comrades. "Jankowiak, get a medic and somebody who speaks Russian", he said to the other. The first searched through the Russian's pockets, and found a pistol, a knife, some personal items and a flask of vodka.

*A Russian Colonel is about equivalent to a NATO Brigadier General.

DeletedUser

( KGB Thats like Russian secrat service )

Nikoli woke up dazed... He saw people standing over him. He had his legs and hands tied together. He saw the people over him where NATO Troops. He wasen't about to talked. They had striped him of all things cept his shirt and pants. And he wasen't about to give the codes to them...

DeletedUser

(I knew that. I just figured that a KGB agent wouldn't be running around in some kind of spy suit that says "I'm a KGB agent".)

Borowski walked into the building that the Polish force had pressed into service as a field barracks. He spotted Lt. Col. Mankiewicz inside. "Colonel Borowski", said Mankiewicz, "there's something here we'd like you to see". Borowski followed Mankiewicz into a heavily secured room. Inside, there was a man bound on the floor with guards standing over him. "Judging by the uniform he was wearing, we believe he's a Russian Colonel, but some of the things we found in the room with him don't add up", Mankiewicz explained.
"Well, there's no sense keeping him tied up like an animal", said Borowski. "Untie him". The guards complied, and Borowski said to him, in fluent Russian, "what brings you here on such a fine day like today?"

DeletedUser

Nikoli was untied, supruising enough some one was talking in Russian. Nokoli spit on the NATO Officer. " I won't tell anything "

DeletedUser

Borowski, now with Russian saliva on him, smiled at the prisoner. "You just made a tactical blunder", he said in Russian. "You said you won't tell me anything, with such a harsh tone. If you hadn't said that, or at least said so more nonchalantly, I would assume you had nothing to tell me. We follow the Geneva Convention here, but keep this in mind: what we're giving you is far better than what our men could expect from you", he said, lowering his eyebrows.

DeletedUser

Their was soldiers all around him. He had targeted a nervous recruit standing next to him with a pistol. Nikoli grabed on the soldier with on arm and took the pistol with the other. Nikoli had a hostage. He put the gun to the recruits head. " Move and he dies. "

DeletedUser

Seeing the prisoner make his move, a guard standing behind him but his rifle against the back of the prisoner's head. The rest of the guards, including Borowski and Mankiewicz, also pointed their guns at him. "If he dies, then so do you", said Borowski.

DeletedUser

" Makes sense. But I will make that sacrafice, depending on you of course. Let me go, and maybe I won't launch the missles. "

DeletedUser

Borowski laughed. "In the game of poker, when a player raises the bet by $500 before the cards are dealt, either he has history's best hand or he's bluffing. This scenario is no different. You have no way of contacting the outside world. How could you launch any missiles? Either you pray to God for a miracle, or you're bluffing", he said.

DeletedUser

" Well thats where the self launch system comes in. In ohh lets say a mear 24 hours the missle launches by itself. And I have the codes, to activate it earlier, or deactivate it. You choice. "

DeletedUser

The day had been terrible, the Pakistanis had tossed the entire unit into a prison camp. There they were held while each undergoed an interrogation session. Then the officers had been brought to the nuclear facility where they were shown the dead Indians and Pakistanis, they then went through another interrogation session. The situation was to say the least stressing... Finally however a halfway international tribunal was setup. With warfare everywhere around the world though it was pretty clear that the tribunal would depend mostly on political standings.

DeletedUser

"Would you care to tell me where this missile might be targeted?", said Borowski, skeptically.

DeletedUser

" No I may not. So this is your choice, I live or your the place of which choosen get blown up. "

DeletedUser

"And why should I believe you're not bluffing?", said Borowski. Meanwhile, another Polish soldier saw what was happening inside, and warned the rest of the base.

DeletedUser

" That is to find out yourself. Now would you please hurry up so I can eather walk away or blow this mans brains out. Maybe yours. "

DeletedUser

"And certainly yours", said Borowski, trying to remind the prisoner of the many guns pointed at him. Another officer checked up on the situation, and seeing Borowski was busy, asked Mankiewicz (in Polish) what was going on. Mankiewicz, who didn't speak Russian, said to wait until Borowski was done to get the full story.

DeletedUser

" So yet I leave it to you if I am bluffing or not. And also remember, bullets richochet. "

DeletedUser

"Just because I'm a fighter and a linguist doesn't mean I don't know physics", said Borowski. "Even considering that bullet could penetrate Czerwinski's helmet,it would have a hard time coming out the other way. Even if it did, there's no way it would have enough velocity to ricochet hard enough to kill any of us. And keep in mind, we're all wearing body armor, designed for this purpose".

DeletedUser

Nikoli stuffed the gun in the recruits neck. " How about this for bullet penetration? And also saying how if you all shoot at me, the bullets do ricochet on concreate walls. "

DeletedUser

"Bullets lose most of their velocity after going through something like Czerwinski's neck or your entire body", said Borowski. One guard whispered his plan in Polish to another, and together, they pounced on the prisoner and forced his gun onto the floor. By the time he could pull the trigger, the gun was out of Czerwinski's way, and the bullet hit the wall, ricocheting and hitting the floor. Several other guards joined in, pinning the prisoner down. "You'll get a medal for that, Rydzyk and Dąbrowski", said Borowski.