The Alliances.Lets change that.

DeletedUser13388

Here is my view,what have to be changed.

I think you are missing what is The West.Its supposed to be a fun game with many fights,not a peace-loving confederation.

I am worry that soon all the towns will be in one big alliance and all of us be good neighbours only.

At the mooment in our quadrant,there is only 2-3 towns which i can attack and when i take a look of theirs saloons,all the fighters are : Duel not possible for 48 hours.So i have to work whole day like a normal worker,instead to make a fun with mass duels.

Imo the alliances have to be maximum of 3 towns.Not like now wtih five,ten,twenty or more towns.Then the game will be more attractive,more fights,more epic battles and we the duelers,soldiers or adventures,will have a great diversity of targets,which are same class as us and then the workers would live their uneventfull lifes.

TheWest....its a USA`s ideology in 20-21 century: "Be our allie and do what we want or NATO will erase you from the face of the Earth". (I have nothins against USA,just i dont share,the ideas of her leaders).

Its jsut confirming,that the man is belonging only to his own time.With other words,there is no past,there is no future,the important is NOW.Sad but true.

So my suggestion is,the Alliances to be maximum of 3 towns,then the workers wont be targets for sure,cause there will be mass duelers soldiers or adventures,who you can attack and the fun of the game will grow up alot.

Regards,DraGonFlyBG.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14280

I feel like I've seen part of this post in another thread.

I see a big problem with alliances having a maximum of three towns.
Lots of little towns can't band together.
I suggest that it'd be better to limit alliances to one square each.

What did you say about epic battles?

DeletedUser13388

Yep,i made it like new thread,cause i doubt,that the people want to read 8 pages :D.

DeletedUser14280

I agree. If you're a new forum-goer (me) and you don't have such
a good attention span (me, kinda), reading through 8 pages of whatever sucks.

Ya know, maybe a function should be implemented to protect...never mind, we've been there.

Having a limit of 3 towns to a fed will stop people from raising new towns, you know.

DeletedUser13388

I agree. If you're a new forum-goer (me) and you don't have such
a good attention span (me, kinda), reading through 8 pages of whatever sucks.

Ya know, maybe a function should be implemented to protect...never mind, we've been there.

Having a limit of 3 towns to a fed will stop people from raising new towns, you know.

What is the difference?I think,that even more towns will show up over the map.

DeletedUser9891

Should be in the suggestions section, I'd have thought.

As for the FoM being peace loving neighbours, that's also incorrect.

There is a Duel Mode for FoM towns, and players, which is currently under review.

Those towns who are at War, either with LN towns or others, can opt out of dueling with FoM towns, but have to provide duel reports and the like to show that they are active.

We've already had plenty of people trying to join to avoid being attacked by FoM towns.

FoM is an ethos that you don't attack builders... beyond that helping those who are bullied and being tolerant of the kiddie-like behaviour of some players is pretty much what it's about.

I am happy for other FoM towns to duel each other, as are the other towns, but it's hardly helpful if you are dueling in an enemy town and get KOd by an alliance member, is it?

DeletedUser13388

Should be in the suggestions section, I'd have thought.

As for the FoM being peace loving neighbours, that's also incorrect.

There is a Duel Mode for FoM towns, and players, which is currently under review.

Those towns who are at War, either with LN towns or others, can opt out of dueling with FoM towns, but have to provide duel reports and the like to show that they are active.

We've already had plenty of people trying to join to avoid being attacked by FoM towns.

FoM is an ethos that you don't attack builders... beyond that helping those who are bullied and being tolerant of the kiddie-like behaviour of some players is pretty much what it's about.

I am happy for other FoM towns to duel each other, as are the other towns, but it's hardly helpful if you are dueling in an enemy town and get KOd by an alliance member, is it?

Man,its exactly my point.When there is such a big alliances,then every new town want to join it,cause on that way they wil lbe protected and easy will grow up,without any problems.Like that,the federation will become in Empire.Not to mantion that i already said,when all are allies and there is a few towns,which isnt in the federatin,with who we will fight?Isnt it that the point of the game,to fight?For that imo(in my opinion),the alliances,have to be maximum of 3 towns,cause how many towns dare to stand up vs alliances of 5-10 and more towns?

If the problem is that some ppl attack builders,i am sure the problem will be solved if there is enough towns to fight.As the code of marshalls,it can become as code of the World 8.Any who attack worker more than 2 times for example (cause sometimes happen mistakes),may get kicked out of the town or banned from the world or whatever.

Imo : Small alliances - maximum of 3 towns and veto about attacking workers.

DeletedUser9891

I see your point, but there is a 3 reference rule for towns signing up to FoM, FoM can still fight other FoM towns, and if someone attacks an FoM town it doesn't' mean all the others come running... it's only when a town decides to repeat farm builders, or keep everyone in a town KO for "fun" that it becomes noteworthy.

I don't want to stop people from attacking builders, if that's their style... my style is to fight duelers... and help defend builders. So if you attack builders and then get upset that me or a dozen marshals come to KO you, you kinda made your choice.

A telegram apologising and asking to be left alone works fine if you don't want to get hit anymore... or you just suck it up and take your medicine.

There are plenty of places to duel at, I don't see the attraction of hitting builders myself.

DeletedUser13388

Why,when FoM still can attack FoM,as i know you blamed and threated some ppl for the same thing,attacking an allies?

And what is the difference between 1.KO`d some town for fun and 2.KO`d some town,untill it dont kneel down and asking for mercy?The 2-nd way is just a way to humiliate someone and to show him how strong you are.Its like attacking same workers over and over again.

Regards.

DeletedUser

Why,when FoM still can attack FoM,as i know you blamed and threated some ppl for the same thing,attacking an allies?

And what is the difference between 1.KO`d some town for fun and 2.KO`d some town,untill it dont kneel down and asking for mercy?The 2-nd way is just a way to humiliate someone and to show him how strong you are.Its like attacking same workers over and over again.

Regards.

I get the impression all you want to do is argue minor points that don't mean squat.

Alliance of 3 towns. Come on let's get real. What's the use of even having an alliance then. All 3 towns could be very small compared to another alliance made up of towns nearing level 10 and just want to farm others. In essence you have a bully running rampant over the other 3 smaller towns. They can't defend themselves against the larger numbers. Been there done that in another world, don't want to do it again. I'd say leave well enough alone because a larger alliance offers some sort of protection to the smaller towns against the larger bullies. What part of that don't you understand?

I find your ignorance and arrogance offending to say the least. I am most certainly glad you aren't a member of my town. You would have been homeless 10 pages and 5 threads ago.

DeletedUser4044

Here is my view,what have to be changed.

I think you are missing what is The West.Its supposed to be a fun game with many fights,not a peace-loving confederation.

I am worry that soon all the towns will be in one big alliance and all of us be good neighbours only.

At the mooment in our quadrant,there is only 2-3 towns which i can attack and when i take a look of theirs saloons,all the fighters are : Duel not possible for 48 hours.So i have to work whole day like a normal worker,instead to make a fun with mass duels.

Imo the alliances have to be maximum of 3 towns.Not like now wtih five,ten,twenty or more towns.Then the game will be more attractive,more fights,more epic battles and we the duelers,soldiers or adventures,will have a great diversity of targets,which are same class as us and then the workers would live their uneventfull lifes.

TheWest....its a USA`s ideology in 20-21 century: "Be our allie and do what we want or NATO will erase you from the face of the Earth". (I have nothins against USA,just i dont share,the ideas of her leaders).

Its jsut confirming,that the man is belonging only to his own time.With other words,there is no past,there is no future,the important is NOW.Sad but true.

So my suggestion is,the Alliances to be maximum of 3 towns,then the workers wont be targets for sure,cause there will be mass duelers soldiers or adventures,who you can attack and the fun of the game will grow up alot.

Regards,DraGonFlyBG.

Couple problems with this idea.

First what about naps?(non-aggression pacts?)

Second Trade alliances. The BIG benifit with allies is the shared trade. The military side is secondary.

So you would have a BUNCH of 3 member allies napped and trade allies with a bunch of other 3 member alliances. Same thing as what you dont want.

You have to at least make Nap's against the rules. Good luck with that one :)

Marshal Waysted

DeletedUser

I might be missing something here but as far as the game dynamics go alliances dont exist.

By that I mean when a town enters into an alliance with another one then all they are doing is entering a consential agreement. Absolutely nothing changes within the game dynamics, in fact it could be said that the game dynamics dont recognise alliances :unsure:

That being said how do you propose to limit something that the game mechanics dont believe even exists.

Or is it some kind of mind control where you hypnotise everyone to fight with other towns by latent suggestion .

Effectively you are trying to tell people that they must fight other towns :blink:

Surely thats the choice of the individual players , not you choice DraGonFlyBG

DeletedUser

I might be missing something here but as far as the game dynamics go alliances dont exist.

By that I mean when a town enters into an alliance with another one then all they are doing is entering a consential agreement. Absolutely nothing changes within the game dynamics, in fact it could be said that the game dynamics dont recognise alliances :unsure:

That being said how do you propose to limit something that the game mechanics dont believe even exists.

Or is it some kind of mind control where you hypnotise everyone to fight with other towns by latent suggestion .

Effectively you are trying to tell people that they must fight other towns :blink:

Finally someone who understands game dynamics.:)

DeletedUser13388

Surely you cant understand the game.Surely you are the guy who live in his own time.Ofc i am trying to say to the ppl,that they have to fight.Isnt it that the point of TheWest?The point of the game is to be the best fighter wit hthe best town.This big alliances only ruin the fun of the game.All the people who prefer to have allies for free trading,or protecting,or jsut to have a peaceful life,for me you are mice.There is alot of other peaceful games.Its obviously that yo uare too narrow-minded to be in TheWest.Its a War everybody dies.Be a man,not girls.

Love Hate,Hate Love :D

Regards.

DeletedUser

NO it's you that doesn't understand the game you are trying to change something that doesn't exist in the game mechanics.

Just sit back and think for a second how you are going to impliment this 3 town alliance idea?

Fighting is one part of the game yes , but only a part , if it was the only thing then the other character classes wouldn't be needed, towns would be completed instantly and everyone would be duelers or soldiers.

What you are suggesting would only help one type of character class ...... oh look you are a dueler , isn't that a coincidence :laugh:

DeletedUser14280

Argumentum ad hominem, DraGonFlyBG? Is that's what it's called, what you said?

I think game-supported alliances are a great idea.
It just needs a little work in making it good for the game.

Maybe towns could get small bonuses to their labour points for having trade routes with other towns?

DeletedUser

Be a man,not girls.

I'm sorry but I take offense to that. I'm a girl and my w3 soldier was ranked in the top 3 until I retired a few weeks ago. Of course, I'll be going back when forts come. But the point is that girls can be just as tough or tougher than a guy. So do not draw comparisons that being a girl means being weak or a tree hugger. Thank you.