Passed Team jobs

Do you agree with this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

The part that I don't like about this is that there is a set number of skill points to do the job (say 200), Person A has 125 points, Person B has 76 points, and this allows both players to do the job.

I don't think you should be able to do the job if you don't have the skill points to do it. It should be say, 75 skill points, that way both Persons A and B can do it.

DeletedUser1105

Did you vote no?

I understand that, but the idea is that it is a team job. It's about people bringing thier own skills together to make it happen.

For example, let's look at a football team. For every Wayne Rooney, you need a Darren Fletcher. He may not be as talented, but he does an important job and is needed.

Someone may bring 50 construction points to the table, whilst someone else brings 50 vigor. The idea is that the skill points needed would be so high that you HAVE to have people with different skill set ups so that your 'team' can do the job.

DeletedUser

They could all have products that can only be gotten from the team jobs, maybe?

They would be high XP and money earners too.

That would give a proper incentive to cooperate other than the social aspect.

DeletedUser

I haven't voted yet, I wanted to discuss it first.

Maybe a minimum amount of skill points needed. I just don't like the idea of a level 10 player "jumping in" on a job that is geared towards a higher level.

DeletedUser1105

That's where my option 2 on the money and experience section could fit in:
2)It is scaled according to skill level i.e. the player with the highest skill points for that job gets the most, and the one with the lowest gets the least.

That way, if you do get someone low levelled on the job, they would only be paid a small share.

I think it is better to have collective skill points needed, rather than individual, for precisely that reason - level 10 / level 1 / level 94 players could all work together on the same job. Everyone wants ideas to be fair and balanced, and you don't get much fairer than allowing anyone and everyone to work on a job.

I haven't voted yet, I wanted to discuss it first.

Cool, thanks. Two people to find then. It annoys me when people vote against an idea and don't even mention why. Everyone is entitled to vote against an idea, but surely they need to show they have a valid reason for not wanting the idea?

DeletedUser

So then what stops a high level player joining a lower level player and taking 98% of the earnings/XP?

(sorry for playing the Devil's Advocate, lol)

DeletedUser1105

That's a very good point. There would have to be limits, then.
A maximum amount of XP and money per person maybe?

DeletedUser

I voted yes, and did not read past the first page, but I suggest to stop multiaccount abuse, that these team jobs can only be done with town members. Maybe the rally point to go to the job could be at the town?

Also, what if there is a level range for these team jobs ... 5 +/- levels from the team job leader.

DeletedUser5046

I voted yes, and did not read past the first page, but I suggest to stop multiaccount abuse, that these team jobs can only be done with town members. Maybe the rally point to go to the job could be at the town?
that would be unfair for those who doesnt have a town *SD mentioned it*

- i think its better if they use telegram to communicate wit each other and to set where their rally point

Also, what if there is a level range for these team jobs ... 5 +/- levels from the team job leader.

-so you need to appoint a job leader?
-but then the job leader will get a higher bonus

-= what if you add all the skill points of all the players in the team? =-

DeletedUser

That is a good point. But what is there to stop multi-accounters sending all of thier characters to work the same high end jobs once they have the skill points now as the game is?
The fact that no one gives a **** and no one will even notice.

DeletedUser5046

im not ready to vote T_T

-what if no one wants to be your teammate?
-you'll invite them to join you for your quest but they ignore you...

DeletedUser1105

Angel, that's the point. You can queue up the job and wait for players, or you can organise a group to go together. If you just queue it up, you have to hope people come by and join.

If no-one wants to join, then the job cannot start and you are wasting your time. The idea is that this is a team job, so it is easier to organise with team members.

DeletedUser

i think tht instead of waitiing and then the next person joining starts with you if you exceed the labour points you should be able to create a party and set a password or something so that you can do this easier than jjust hope someone doesn't turn up before your fellow townmember. but you can also just wait in the que without a party as this ios fair for the lone rangers instead of having to guess passwords and also for people who want to do group jobs but not with their town etc

DeletedUser1105

It would probably take too much work to organise it in that way, warrior.

I think it's good that you'd have to be more organised to ensure you had the spot to yourself. It would involve more planning. If someone else is there, tough luck. You either do the job with that player or you go elsewhere.

DeletedUser

It would probably take too much work to organise it in that way, warrior.

I think it's good that you'd have to be more organised to ensure you had the spot to yourself. It would involve more planning. If someone else is there, tough luck. You either do the job with that player or you go elsewhere.

but if you have passwords then people wont jump in and anyway you wouldnt be forced into having a pass either that or that when you click on the job it shows you who is waiting and you can choose who to join

Status
Not open for further replies.