Passed Team jobs

Do you agree with this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Yeah, but if all you do is click on the "multiple worker" job and wait for enough people to help you work on it then theres no point.

Theres no point to adding this. You may as well just be making jobs that pay higher. Then you dont have to wait for people to help you... it would work faster...

I dont think this would get past the developers as is...

DeletedUser

Well I think more player interaction in this game would spice it up and keep players going... As it is The-West is loosing it's player base and if the hard-core fans don't force the dev's to make decent upgrades (or if the dev's ignore our cool idea's then this game will die!

To get back on track, I would love to see some form of player interactiveness in this game.

I feel mutli-player jobs should take longer because the pay-outs would be higher; more cash earned, more exp gained, higher chance of finding rare item.

Each 'Multi-Quest' would require an 8 hr que. Since jobs que only has a maximum of two 2-hr jobs (for non-premium) then this would either recquire non-premium users to slot their full job allotment for one job, or have this feature be exclusive for premium users only

So, let's say a player queus in a multi-player quest that requires 100 labor points. A non-blue highlight would flash over the Quest icon so town members would be notified that another member of the town has been qued and can elect to participate.

A player opens the flashing quest and sees a job offer with total labor points remaining plus a list of players already signed into this job. Once the labor pool has been filled the job gets completed in 2 hrs.

Now the reason I suggest an 8hr que is to represent the 'rallying' it takes to form a posse and do the job. 8 hrs is a good number because nearly all towns' citizens would have logged in at least once in the 8 hr period.

Now if no other players sign into this 'multi-quest' offer, then too bad, the original signer just wasted 8 hrs of his jobs que... Additionally, the player always have thier in-game forums to coordinate such massive jobs.

As for the pay-outs, shouldn't it just be an even spread? 10 players participate, they each get a tenth of the total... 3 players paricipate they each get a third... Personally i'm apt to see to total just go straight to the treasury to promote comradary and upgrades in the town.

DeletedUser5046

its unfair if only the premium users are capable of performing 'multi-jobs' or team jobs

the point of team job is to interact premium and/or non-premium...

DeletedUser

Yea, it is unfair. But that's the point isn't?
Most premium features of any on-line game usually grant and unfair advantage over non-premium users... after all, that is how the dev's make funds to keep the game growing...

However I'm not to keen on the premium only for "multi-player jobs" idea.

It's funny how people will focus on the one bad idea in a pages long post and ignore all the good ones....

DeletedUser

But the whole problem is that the Multi player jobs for more interactivity doesnt really add any more interactivity.

So in all reality, what does it bring to the table?

DeletedUser

Personally i'm apt to see to total just go straight to the treasury to promote comradary and upgrades in the town.

Exactly what I've been trying to suggest. THANK YOU!

We already have towns for interactivity. Why not just enhance the idea of a town?:D

But I've already been told that it's a dumb idea to base it in any way in a town...:dry:

DeletedUser

• can the team members always have the same players or does it have to change in every other quest?

That would depend on who is queing up the job and who chooses to accept it...

• can sumone or lets say the 'team leader' kick a member off their group?

I don't think the job would even have a 'leader' as any player could que up the Team Job. So 'kicking' some one from doing a task would be redundant.

DeletedUser

Having total funds from completed "team-tasks" go to the treasury sounds like the simplest idea. However i can see where other players may feel jipped from working a team-job and getting nothing for it. Therefor I would say that each participant would receive a smaller pay-out (like $10-$25) with the majority of it going directly to the towns' treasury.

It won't be passed through yet. You have only discussed the general issue, now you need to break it down into details. How would each team job work? What is needed to start the job? How long does it last? Is it on top of the normal queue of work you can do? What do you get? What are the risks?

I'm re-reading this thread to find the exact details and discrepencies we're having with this topic...

1) total labor points pooled to complete Team Job vs Amount of player classes needed
2) pay-out distribution: Direct to Town Treasury vs. Individual gain.
2a) Would individual gain be on a slide scale according to skill? Or just a flat-rate?
3) Team-job notification: How will a townsfolk be notified of when to accept this job?
4) Should team tasks be town-only jobs? Or can any greenhorn add to the labor pool?
5) What would be implemented to limit multi-account abuse?

I realize many of those highlights have been discussed, I just wanted to highlight what the key-issues are

I think people are loosing focus on the task of completing a team-job... It doesn't matter if it's Building a Bridge, Robbing a Train / Bank, attacking a fort, or Pissing in the Wind... The mechanics of the job are essentially the same...

whats the diference of doing a job with 2 people or alone?Do you get bonuses?

well for starters a single person task (as we currently have) has it's own pay-outs and rewards with luck factors and danger levels.... Team Jobs would be a higher difficulty, and thus have greater rewards as well as greater risks. Imagine being knocked out from falling off the train you're robbing, Or being smothered in over 20 tons of concrete being poured in pylon because you lost your footing while building a bridge...

DeletedUser

I think it would be a good idea too make this in some way town based. Thus adding incentive to the interactivity we currently have instead of virtually adding none.

DeletedUser

I think the idea is great, but this feature is very complex. At this time we don't have enough time to implement it. I'll remember this idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.