system logging me out... I think

DeletedUser

I'm newly registered for this forum site, and I'm encountering something I don't understand. While I'm logged in, I sometimes find that... well, that I'm *not* logged in! I use Opera, which has a password entering system built into it, and so I hit Ctrl-Enter to put in my username and password, and it does that, and the next screen that pops up welcomes me to the board as though I've just logged in, but then... when I am returned to the forum/thread I was viewing, it shows me as still not being logged in. :huh:

I'm guessing this is probably working correctly and I just don't understand what it's doing or why, but to me, it simply seems like I'm having problems staying logged in. I keep bumping into this, and it's frustrating. Any ideas?

DeletedUser

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that and got the same result just now. I was logged in and viewing this thread; after some time in other browser tabs, I came back here and refreshed this tab, and it showed me as not logged in. I then tried to log in, first without using the Remember me option and then with using it, and both ways, it would bring up a screen that seemed to be confirming that I had just logged in, but then return me to this thread and show me as *not* logged in. I then went back to the Questions & FAQ forum page and it showed me as logged in. Then I rejoined this thread, and I'm logged in.

I don't get it. Why is it inconsistent? :huh: