Summer Special Series feedback

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
So they don't count except when they do. Have to love these sort of rules :)

Can you take any prize on any world you wish or are there restrictions on that too. For example, can I take any clothing option on a world other than the one the qualifying battle is on?

Award A is tied to the account—you can take it on any world using the same account (same username)

Award B is tied to the world the battle is on

Award C is (obviously) tied to the world the battle is on.

The Final award is tied to the account—you can take it on any world using the same account (same username)

Caerdwyn

Awesomia Battle Initiative on Friday, just posted? While those fights explicitly do not count for the contest, they are a distraction from it.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
That is correct -- I will avoid Friday fights for Weeks 2 and beyond, but I didn't have a good option for squeezing all the battles in doing so this week.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Due to connectivity issues, this week‘s awards announcement will be postponed to tomorrow.

Harriet Oleson

Maybe because it's "summer" special series and the team thought summer would end the 21st this year ? If yes : just for information but this year, summer ends the 22nd :p. But well, in both cases the 23rd we'll be in autumn.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
My apologies for failing to get this weeks awards up on a timely basis, I have been otherwise occupied for a bit.
I pledge to get them posted by this time tomorrow.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
rather than wait for it to get posted in the proper place I'll put this here now:

Greeting Fort Fighters

Once again, apologies for the delayed announcement; I spent too much time working on the event world and didn't leave enough time for this.

In week 7 of the Summer Special Series there were 11 qualifying battles with 856 participations.

The battle on Arizona was drawn for Award C, where each participant on the losing side was awarded a Ammunition Slide

The Award B battles were on Colorado (the early battle) and Fairbank
The winners were:
@Cheesus (en15) | | Three_Circus_Tickets
@Shourya (en15) | | Fortune_Cookie
@KidNappy (en15) | | Fortune_Cookie
@Louro (en15) | | Blue_Letter
@cadgor (en19) | | Medals_Bag
@Mongooseking (en19) | | Ratatouille
@SQue (en19) | | Ratatouille
@Wild Bill 92 (en19) | | Medals_Bag

For Award A:
The Choice of Item goes to: @*King*1907*
The 100 nuggets goes to: @birazsans

Awardees please claim your awards by submitting a ticket in the contest category from the correct world (Award A recipients please submit from the world you would like the award on)

Your The West Team

Goober Pyle

The West Team
FYI, a little something extra for this weeks battles!

1) on worlds with no battle dug I will be digging one.
2) the unclaimed awards from the first two weeks will be randomly distributed amongst all participations in qualifying battles

NovaStar

Question @Goober Pyle and @Nehemiah ...originally, the qualifying battles could NOT be Awesomia, the original post clearly stated that players themselves had to dig the forts, indicating regular battles. This has changed now and if so, I think I missed that "Edit", or perhaps I misunderstood altogether?

Last edited:

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Question @Goober Pyle and @Nehemiah ...originally, the qualifying battles could NOT be Awesomia, the original post clearly stated that players themselves had to dig the forts, indicating regular battles. This has changed now and if so, I think I missed that "Edit", or perhaps I misunderstood altogether
The restriction was on GM digs and GM modified digs. Those digs were unmodded digs with my player account (which means raising my own funds and traveling in my crap gear!)

NovaStar

Awesomia Battle Initiative on Friday, just posted? While those fights explicitly do not count for the contest, they are a distraction from it.
This is the part I was questioning...not the WHO that dug, but the actual fort that was dug. My interpretation was also that Awesomia forts did not count in this event...yes, or no? @Goober Pyle and @Nehemiah

Goober Pyle

The West Team
This was the reply to the above post, "That is correct"
From the official announcement:
  • GM battles with rewards are not eligible for the contest.
  • Team Members are not eligible for any prizes on any world, but do count towards the "minimum of 10 participants on each side" and are encouraged to help dig and recruit for these battles. (-ed emphasis added)

the "Awesomia Battle Initiative on Friday" were "GM battles with rewards"
the "on worlds with no battle dug I will be digging one." were "Team Members ... encouraged to help dig"