Summer Special Series feedback

Caerdwyn

Will multiple player-dug FFs within a single world each count toward the prizes? Would it only be the first one of the day?

Killer Bonnie

• The Fort Battles must take place between Friday 00:00 and 23:59 (note: battles that begins on Thursday but complete on Friday, as well as battles that begin on Friday but complete on Saturday will be included)
Could we have a little more detail about this please There is 24 hours after a battle is dug so battles we dig on Thursday and we fight on Friday count as completed battles correct?
Does this also mean that battles that are dug on Friday and we fight them on Saturday count also? As long as the battle finished by server 23 : 59 Saturday.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Will multiple player-dug FFs within a single world each count toward the prizes? Would it only be the first one of the day?

There can be more than one qualifying battle but they must be dug >3h apart and have 10+ players per side

Goober Pyle

The West Team
  • The Fort Battles must take place between Friday 00:00 and 23:59 (note: battles that begins on Thursday but complete on Friday, as well as battles that begin on Friday but complete on Saturday will be included)
Could we have a little more detail about this please There is 24 hours after a battle is dug so battles we dig on Thursday and we fight on Friday count as completed battles correct?
Does this also mean that battles that are dug on Friday and we fight them on Saturday count also? As long as the battle finished by server 23 : 59 Saturday.

The battle must start or end between Friday 00:00-23:59

Abydos1

Sounds like Fridays are going to be packed with multis all day long from what I am getting here... :rolleyes:

Caerdwyn

The battle must start or end between Friday 00:00-23:59

To expand Goober's explanation:

Battles that are dug on Thursday after 2300, will start the fight on Friday, but could potentially end on Saturday as late as 0100. Those will count.

Battles that are dug on Friday at 0001, will fight on Saturday and end after 0001. Those will not count.

Battles that are dug on Thursday after 0001 and before 2300 will fight and complete on Friday. Those will count and are the ideal times to dig for the purposes of this contest.

Battles that are dug on Wednesday before 2300, will fight on Thursday and cannot run long enough to reach Friday at 0001. Those will not count.

Battles that are dug on Wednesday after 2300, will start the fight on Thursday but MUST continue for enough rounds to complete on Friday after 0001 to count.

ScarletKisses

i think most find weekends more tricky to commit to dig and lead battles .. I think some that play forget that most have real busy real lives that keep them away 24/7 especially at weekends. I think this would be much better moved to early week day :)

Reward A:
from all participants we will randomly choose

Reward B:
Per winning battle we choose

Reward C:
Each week that there are more than 5 qualifying battles, a random battle will be chosen

Final reward:
When you have participated in 10 Qualified Fort Battles or more, combined on all worlds, you will have a chance

In other words, don't offend the mod team, you'll never get chosen! Whatever happened to the game dropping rewards at every fort battle? No need for a contest, or making sure battles are on specific days, or mod team keeping track of battles, players, etc!!! k.i.s.s!!!!! (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle)

Totally agree with scarletkisses, summer Fridays spent inside playing a game? meh.

However, I do like the focus of in-game endeavours instead of needing to sign up for a different server.

Ok, it just wasn't clear who was making the choosing decisions. When the game randomly drops, it's a computer making the calculation, the word choice was just left open to interpretation. I took one view of it.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
If you attend a ff and cannot get in as it is over-filled, will you get any credit?

If you do not get in to a FF you will not be eligible for any associated prizes. HOWEVER, if you attend 9 qualifying battles you may submit a ticket with a copy of the “all spaces were taken” report to count as your 10th battle to be considered for the final prize.

Oddersfield

So they don't count except when they do. Have to love these sort of rules :)

Can you take any prize on any world you wish or are there restrictions on that too. For example, can I take any clothing option on a world other than the one the qualifying battle is on?

So they don't count except when they do. Have to love these sort of rules :)

Odders - we might not be in agreement on some things, but I totally agree with you there! I'm trying to get a straight answer from a mod and they keep changing their reasoning! This guy must be a politician or used car salesperson in real life because it's this, then that, then may be something but can't really say for certain. It's crazy. Maybe sometime they'll come up with some real, definite answers so players know exactly where the lines are drawn and don't have to guess about it.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Odders - we might not be in agreement on some things, but I totally agree with you there! I'm trying to get a straight answer from a mod and they keep changing their reasoning! This guy must be a politician or used car salesperson in real life because it's this, then that, then may be something but can't really say for certain. It's crazy. Maybe sometime they'll come up with some real, definite answers so players know exactly where the lines are drawn and don't have to guess about it.

I’m failing to see what is unclear here...

If you don’t get into a battle You aren’t eligible for the associated awards, but we are allowing you to count one instance towards the 10 battles required for the final award. If you’d prefer the simplicity of not making that exception we can do that.