Sub-Class Branching at Level 80

DeletedUser

Those are indirect advantages. Soldiers, on the other hand, are the only class that has a duel-related skill perk.

Direct/indirect ... potato, potato

Tactics is useless ... and active duelers start 80% or more of their duels...

Don't believe me that Tactics is useless ? Go find players in the top rankings of Tactics and duel them - by normal logic they shouldn't be hittable ... but game mechanics are not normal logic.

Soldiers real benefit is the extra HP, and that mostly applies to Melee Soldiers who then get screwed by needing high Dex/Shooting jobs for their class quests, so they lose out on the extra skill points in the end anyway.

Tying new character type abilities or bonuses to the avatar a person picked and not being equal with duel related skills has a zero chance of happening IMO. There'd be just too much outcry about the unfairness of it all.

Players choose their class based upon knowledge about the different classes ... avatar choice made no difference then and it shouldn't in the future.

DeletedUser

I disagree on tactics being useless. Unless a player is ranked 15 levels or more above me they usually just bounce off of me. This didn't happen until I upped my tactics.

You are right about it is only helpful if you are the one being attacked though. I pretty much agree with you on everything else Leaf.

DeletedUser

Go attack champion1905 in BITW and let me know what you think about Tactics ...

He's over 100 Tactics and he's a soldier so at least an effective 150 Tactics.

DeletedUser

I have attacked him. I have been sitting outside of BITW for several weeks now as a sniper. Sadly I no longer have the report so I can't remember who won. I know that there are not very many members in BITW that have a chance at defeating me. There are a few and I have great respect for them. They are also for the most part more than 10 levels above me with a better weapon.

Just saying, Tactics won't save you every time but they really do help. I think it was Cossack I had a conversation with after I did some respeccing. They had a much harder time hitting me.

DeletedUser

Direct/indirect ... potato, potato

Tactics is useless ... and active duelers start 80% or more of their duels...

Don't believe me that Tactics is useless ? Go find players in the top rankings of Tactics and duel them - by normal logic they shouldn't be hittable ... but game mechanics are not normal logic.

Soldiers real benefit is the extra HP, and that mostly applies to Melee Soldiers who then get screwed by needing high Dex/Shooting jobs for their class quests, so they lose out on the extra skill points in the end anyway.

Tying new character type abilities or bonuses to the avatar a person picked and not being equal with duel related skills has a zero chance of happening IMO. There'd be just too much outcry about the unfairness of it all.

Players choose their class based upon knowledge about the different classes ... avatar choice made no difference then and it shouldn't in the future.

Sorry, but going with either duel-related perks for every class or all non-duel-related perks is ******ed game design. 50% bonus in tactics is a huge defensive perk. Crying about other classes getting 15% in other duel-related skills isn't productive for progress. Again, if this gets implemented, you would be able to reselect your character, but only within the class that you chose, so if you're stuck with an avatar that has an undesirable path, you still have a chance to re-pick.

There's already a class in the game that's the only one with a duel-related perk, are you going to say that's imbalanced too?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Vos I have a question, will these new subclass buffs be doubled with premium? If so don't you think 30% would be a little much as a boost?

DeletedUser

Vos I have a question, will these new subclass buffs be doubled with premium? If so don't you think 30% would be a little much as a boost?

If 100% increase in tactics isn't too much, 30% for other skills shouldn't be.

But I don't think premium players should get double for these sub-class perks.

DeletedUser

Sorry, but going with either duel-related perks for every class or all non-duel-related perks is ******ed game design. 50% bonus in tactics is a huge defensive perk. Crying about other classes getting 15% in other duel-related skills isn't productive for progress. Again, if this gets implemented, you would be able to reselect your character, but only within the class that you chose, so if you're stuck with an avatar that has an undesirable path, you still have a chance to re-pick.

There's already a class in the game that's the only one with a duel-related perk, are you going to say that's imbalanced too?

Unfortunately you're wrong about 50% Tactics bonus being a big perk, and when we CHOOSE our class we KNEW ahead of time what the bonuses were associated with each class.

I have actually tested attacking players with 200+ Tactics ... anyone who thinks Tactics is a huge bonus should go now and actually test dueling against players who have extremely high Tactics and then tell me that I'm wrong. Test then post - please.

I have over 1000+ duel wins across 4 worlds and I'm a top #50 dueler on 3 of them ... I really have tested dueling abilities out... I'm not just making this stuff up.

IF we get uneven duel abilities that are associated with an avatar that we did NOT know about months after we CHOOSE that avatar then that is unfair.

From what I've read the chances of us re-selecting our avatar choices are slim to none due to hard-coding within the game.

DeletedUser

If 100% increase in tactics isn't too much, 30% for other skills shouldn't be.

But I don't think premium players should get double for these sub-class perks.

There is a HUMONGOUS difference between 100% (w Premium) Tactics bonus and 15% Aiming or Dodging bonus.

I'd take that 15% for Aiming or Dodging over 200% Tactics any day of the week and twice on Sunday. (For that matter I'd take 15% Toughness/Reflex/Vigor/Firearms over any amount of Appearance/Tactics bonus.)

Diggo11

Go attack champion1905 in BITW and let me know what you think about Tactics ...

He's over 100 Tactics and he's a soldier so at least an effective 150 Tactics.
I have attacked him. I have been sitting outside of BITW for several weeks now as a sniper. Sadly I no longer have the report so I can't remember who won. I know that there are not very many members in BITW that have a chance at defeating me. There are a few and I have great respect for them. They are also for the most part more than 10 levels above me with a better weapon...
Seriously just don't question Denisero, she'll always win. ;)