Sub-Class Branching at Level 80

DeletedUser

I don't know... maybe a slight variation of the original with better clothing/weapon (on pic)

Should make the level 10 pic look younger and less experienced and have the second set be older-ish and more experienced with better equipment.

DeletedUser

I think this sounds like an ok idea, but personally I'm nuetral on this topic.

DeletedUser

I think I like it, although I didn't read every item.

A for effort, anyway.

DeletedUser

Nice idea... should make things more interesting and those bonuses are nice rewards those who have worked hard to reach the higher levels.

DeletedUser3325

I don't like prospector bonuses.. I'm duel prospector :D

Then, there have to be chance, to change character class. It will cost 10k$.

DeletedUser

I like it! as others have said before me, a few tweaks here and there, but overall its a really good suggestion. and I agree with Timo 6, 60-70 range sounds fair.

DeletedUser

I don't like prospector bonuses.. I'm duel prospector :D

Then, there have to be chance, to change character class. It will cost 10k$.

Yeah if this gets implement, every player should be able to reselect their character, but only within the class they initially chose.

DeletedUser

This idea forces people to choose an avatar based on the skills they want, not because they like the avatar. All melee adventurers will be miners. All firearm adventurers will be hunters.

Besides taking away choices, I see one big problem with your choice of skill bonuses: a Quaker should not get an appearance bonus. If they get any dueling skill bonus it absolutely has to be a defensive bonus.

DeletedUser

I don't see anything wrong with choosing an avatar based on the skills that you want. You initially choose your character class based on the bonuses you want. You choose which gear to buy based on the buffs that you want. The picture is the least relevant factor to the game.

DeletedUser

You initially choose your character class based on the bonuses you want. You choose which gear to buy based on the buffs that you want. The picture is the least relevant factor to the game.

Yes, and then you pick the avatar you want, out of four choices.

Edit: Meh, ignore me. I don't know why I'm suddenly against this, I've suggested many times when people asked about the differences between the "sub-classes" that there should be a difference besides the avatar. Actually, there ya go...the problem is that the differences should be at level 10, not level 80, or any other level.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Then don't label those choices as if there is a difference between them. I'd rather pick a subclass then have a choice between 4 preloaded pictures that I may or may not like. That is like saying people choose their character class based on the avatar.

DeletedUser

I don't mind the idea, but in order for it to be balanced everyone either has to get the same dueling bonuses or everyone has to only get non-dueling bonuses. If you give some classes an advantage in duels and not to others it would throw the game out of balance.

DeletedUser

I don't mind the idea, but in order for it to be balanced everyone either has to get the same dueling bonuses or everyone has to only get non-dueling bonuses. If you give some classes an advantage in duels and not to others it would throw the game out of balance.

Then why are Soldiers currently the only class with dueling advantages?

DeletedUser

Then why are Soldiers currently the only class with dueling advantages?

If you think Workers being able to gain levels faster or Adventurers being able to sleep in foreign hotels and regain health faster is not an advantage ... /shrug

Duelers speed, extra money and faster dueling motivation is awesome for anyone who is really active and duels everyday.

I'm not saying Soldiers have no advantage ... just that other classes also have their advantages and to overlook them is not seeing the whole picture.

DeletedUser

If you think Workers being able to gain levels faster or Adventurers being able to sleep in foreign hotels and regain health faster is not an advantage ... /shrug

Duelers speed, extra money and faster dueling motivation is awesome for anyone who is really active and duels everyday.

I'm not saying Soldiers have no advantage ... just that other classes also have their advantages and to overlook them is not seeing the whole picture.

Those are indirect advantages. Soldiers, on the other hand, are the only class that has a duel-related skill perk.