Strange telegram I received

Discussion in 'Questions & Guides' started by Charlie BigPotatoes, Sep 24, 2009.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cassius335

cassius335 Guest

Or not let people send telegrams until they've levelled up a bit (Lvl 2? Lvl 5? Lvl 10?). I doubt automatic spam-bots can play the game.

2. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

Or make them complete "Pony-Express", which would impose a level 3 req for sending telegrams and require a valid email address.

It can be done, but would cause problems for legitimate users from those countries if they used proxies from small countries with limited internet access.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2009
  3. Da Twista

Da Twista Well-Known Member

Getting this via telegram all the time is becoming immensely annoying. I have logged a support ticket on this.

I have looked at this site, not interested in using it at all.

4. ir.ufis

ir.ufis Guest

This will only slow down the spammer for a minute or so while they do a manual registration and then send the registration info to their spam bot.

This would be the best solution.
    The level restriction part of the pony express quest is what will do the trick. The valid email address is too easy to get by.
    With one gmail address you can have virtually unlimited aliases that all go to the same inbox. No need to register a new address, just use a different alias with every new registration (feel free to google "gmail ninja tips" for more info). The verification of the email once again only slows down the spammer for a minute or so.
    Forcing them to level up to 3 will of course slow them down considerably more.

Another useful method can be to blacklist some phrases in the messages. Replace all these with *** or [noparse][blacklisted phrase][/noparse] or whatever.
    Will cause some extra processing on the sever though. You can limit it to processing the [noparse][/noparse] bb code, but I have rece... able to send mail will be the best solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.