Storybook

DeletedUser31931

D'awwwwwwwwww. Poor Mandan. Not just being ganged up on by Harper and Giles but Nia as well? Poor chap. Well, at least it turned out alright in the end. Anyway, it's nice that Mandan had a fun time and I'd be interested in seeing more of the college AU. Particularly interesting characters would be: Professor Brahmoth (who teaches Criminology of course), Donna and Kulos (who clearly run the college's LGBT scene), Ashley and maybe even some older characters, like Maya....

DeletedUser28032

Meanwhile poor Sera is at the party, sat in a corner wishing that somebody would talk to her

Deleted User - 819397

Don't worry Braet, in the AU she and Mandan are foster kids who adopted each other. Both got scholarships to come to the college, they're still close. We worked through that...

DeletedUser28032

she'd still be in a corner wishing someone would talk to her, self esteem isn't her strong point. The fact that her Chinese room mate Mei (studying multiple language courses) ditches her in order be with her boyfriend; Joshua wouldn't help matters either.

DeletedUser31931

I'm sure I could think of a few characters who'd show an interest in Sera... Sara from Below Absolute Zero might (but she might not be looking for that kind of attention :p). Also, it would be hilarious to see college student Jokir. Maybe that's one of the few groups that doesn't transfer over... Boris, of course, would be on a football scholarship (or the like) if he were able to get into the college at all.

Deleted User - 819397

Don't worry Braet, Joshua has to put up with Varus as his roommate. Strangely enough they get along more often than not though. Not the day Gwyll wound up 'introducing herself' to the pair of them by winding up naked in Joshua's bed, where she was discovered very shortly before Mei was supposed to be over...

DeletedUser31931

Perran would definitely be the rich kid party boy who's regularly wasted and yet still passes all of his classes (somehow) and he's gone through a successive string of girlfriends by this point, most of whom have been the bad girl types where everyone apart from the two of them know it's not going to work out. Ben would be sporty and trying to be the dashing galant lad of the campus but in reality no-one actually likes him that much apart from the fact that he's a bit of a beefcake.

DeletedUser28032

Hmm, yeah that would have been bad because after dumping Joshua Mei's stress induced pyromania would kick in and she'd set fire to something.
Also, Zem i think Boris would be with Dante and Tonya doing basic training. Meanwhile Gilly would probably be running away from the police.

DeletedUser13682

Johnathan; a science teacher who tries to teach people to go their own way. Red, probably one of those people who actually does try to do school right, and doesn't get in on the party scene, while occasionally fielding questions about why she's named after the dad in That 70s Show. Carolyn would probably be organizing some of those parties, while also protesting the war. Seamus wouldn't know what he wanted to do, would try everything. Probably end up in medicine. Markus I think would still do history, despite not having any historikinesis.

Apelatia

Sorry for being so slow to reply here. I enjoyed reading your writing piece, Regal. You quickly got me interested in the plot by writing your descriptions of the characters in such a way that didn't take away from the story, but in fact added to it. Flowed well throughout, nice sentence structures, good backstory elements and character development altogether. Overall, I like.

9.5/10 ;)

DeletedUser28032

Well it seemed a shame not to post this seen as I'd written it...so here it is Chapter 4 (apologies for the double post, the word count is somewhat smaller these days :/ )
==============================================================================
It had been a long day. After sending his rebellious niece and nephew home from this morning’s execution he had set about performing his usual duties in and around the city. Though not before promising himself to find out exactly how the pair of teenagers had managed to sneak out of the palace unseen in the first place, after all if they could sneak out then somebody else could sneak in and that could prove disastrous…possibly even fatal.

After spending most of the day performing his official duties he had gone to meet with his eyes and ears; a network of strategically placed people loyal to the crown that could watch the comings and goings of not only the city but the entire country and even some of those that bordered it. Yet after hearing what little they had to tell him today Sync couldn’t help but suspect that something was seriously wrong. Things were too quiet, no plots, no disgruntled murmurings even the usual petty squabbling between the border lords were somewhat lacking today, almost as if they’d decided to put aside their ambitions for the time being. No, something was definitely going on because although his men were good at keeping the kingdom safe they weren’t that good.

Located on a small estate on the outskirts of the capital, Sync’s home was a relatively modest villa with a pair of small cottages for the servants to live in, a vineyard and an ice house. As the king’s half-brother and spymaster it wouldn’t have been out of the question for him to live within a far grander and more decadent property; perhaps even a palace with a noble title of his own. But Sync was more than happy with his lot in life; loyally serving the man that he had been tasked with killing and the queen he had tried to steal from him. It had taken him a long time to fully atone for those sins and he felt that his little corner of the world was reward enough for his efforts despite what Glasya said.

However no sooner had he set foot within his home he realised that something wasn’t right; the house was too quiet and too dark and there was no sign of the servants anywhere, not that he had many; a pair of maids, a cook, a butler and a gardener and although they didn’t wait on him hand and foot he’d have expected one of them to come and greet him upon entering his own home.

Pulling a dagger from a hidden fold within his robes Sync embraced his magic; feeling the power radiating out from his very core. He had learnt much from mages guild that Mei had set up within the kingdom, albeit in secret as he didn’t wish the entire world to know that the king’s half-brother was a mage, let them find that out when it was far too late for them to do anything about it.

A noise suddenly came from across the hall. Crouching low Sync slipped across the hallway using flows of air to muffle his footsteps to near silence; his mind actively seeking out the aura of others hiding within his home. His foot suddenly made contact with something dark and soft lying upon the floor, a piece of clothing of some kind? He could examine it later but first there was definitely someone in the next room.

Placing one hand on the door handle and using the other to tightly grip the slender bladed dagger he slowly pushed open the door using yet more magic to stifle the hinges into silence; tensing his muscles ready to spring into action and with at least three spells already at the front of his mind, ready to cast at a moments notice Sync opened the door.

With the door fully opened and with his dagger ready to strike Sync would let out a relieved sigh “hello baby boy, miss me?” Glasya purred from where she lounged within the large square bath.

The bathroom had been her idea and was probably her favourite room in the house. The walls and floor were covered in shimmering blue and white tiles with the bath; which was the size of a small swimming pool, located at its centre with a beautifully rendered mosaic of what she had called a firebird at its bottom. Releasing his hold on the magic within him as he returned the dagger to its hiding place Sync addressed his partner with obvious surprise “Glasya you’re back…Had I known you were returning…”

“I know, but I wanted to relax… so I sent the servants home and made myself comfortable” she continued with a chuckle; raising a single shapely leg from out of the water before making it disappear once again with a gentle splash. From what Sync could see Glasya had wanted to really relax as she lounged within the bath in her natural form; her long dark hair trailing out behind her as she lay within the water in stark contrast to her coppery coloured skin and blood red eyes, with the construct catching a brief glimpse of her long, sharp canines as she offered him a seductive smile as she purred to him “Join me?” Sync didn’t need asking twice as he stripped out of his work clothes and climbed into the bath with a grateful sigh. The warm, scented water doing wonders for his aching muscles as did Glasya’s hands as they gently kneaded his shoulders and back “So…how was your trip?” he quietly asked, enjoying the sensation of her bare skin against his own “hmm…productive if not particularly enjoyable” she murmured vaguely before gently kissing his cheek “oh baby boy you’ve gotten old” she said with a touch of disappointment in her voice. For where as Sync had aged like the rest of those who had fought within the war Glasya still looked to be in her mid thirties and dazzlingly beautiful to boot.

With a weary sigh and a rolling of his eyes Sync gently placed his hands over his face only to remove them a few moments later to reveal a young man of around twenty five “Better?”

“yes…much, though one day you’re going to have to tell me whether you’re an old man who makes himself look young to keep his rather shallow partner happy, or a young man who pretends to be old in order to blend in with the world?” the Ifrit’s question prompting Sync to chuckle to himself over the question that he’d been asked so many times over the years.

Turning around so as to face her, Sync pulls Glasya in close and kisses her; his aura flaring in such a way that the love he held for her was unmistakeable before then whispering his reply “well…I guess we’ll never know, will we?” the Ifrit giving a girlish giggle before kissing him back. Despite the fact that they probably should make an effort to go to the gathering up at the palace; after all they had been invited, though both Glasya and Sync suspected that a lot of it was down to politeness rather than actually wanting them there. A necessary evil… wasn’t that the term? They performed a function and performed it well but they weren’t exactly loved for it with Glasya especially being tolerated by the royal couple though who could blame them considering her actions during the war?

For now however they had time to kill and there was something to be said for arriving fashionably late, in fact it was kind of expected of them so who were they to disappoint?

DeletedUser28032

Feeling the cool, smooth stone of the tiles beneath her bare feet Izzy quietly slipped down the corridor; clutching the cloth bundle close to her chest as she went, praying that the corridor would remain deserted until she’d done what needed to be done. With everyone distracted by the arrival of their guests it had been an easy thing for her to briefly slip away from the gathering of friends in order to quietly make her preparations for tonight, feeling more than a little grateful for having to ditch the loathsome high heels in order to remain quiet.

It wasn’t fair that Gendry was able to go out on patrol and see the world, she was one of the best swordsmen in the garrison yet because she was the bloody daughter heir she had to sit around and look pretty whilst her parent’s friends drank wine and talked about the good old days. Well she was going to see about that!

Tucking the bundle of clothes and equipment behind a beautifully decorated and more importantly, rather large Khitainian vase that sat within a niche in the wall, Izzy ran through the plan once again, looking for any possible problems she may have overlooked the last half dozen times she’d done so since its conception this morning and finding nothing that she hopefully couldn’t deal with on the fly. That’ll teach them to make me study military strategy she thought to herself whilst trying her best to suppress the gleeful smile threatening to break out upon her face as she considered the irony of the situation, not to mention the adventure that lay ahead of her.

With the bundle safely stashed, Izzy wasted little time in returning to the dining hall, knowing that her absence would be noted if she took too long, and so after retrieving her high heels from where she’d left them Izzy would totter back into the hall just in time to hear Kaidan compliment an elaborate, swirling tattoo on their aunt Gwyll’s arm that seemed to shift and move like the ripples and eddies of a stream “Oh, thank you Kaidan that’s so sweet of you” Gwyll said with an affectionate smile on her face.

She had always been nice to them and had spent hours playing games with them or telling them stories of her travels when they’d been younger. It wasn’t until they were older that they would learn about their aunts nature with their mother pointing out that they’d never had a pet dog and that it had been their aunt’s way of keeping an eye on them as they were growing up.

Smiling at the memory Izzy would ask Gwyll what was now a traditional question “So do you have any other new tattoos Aunt Gwyll?” Izzy asked with a cheerful smile on her face as she moved to join her brother, always intrigued to see the lavish collection of artwork adorning her aunt’s body “um…I’m not sure…ooh it’s not new but I got this one a few years ago so you won’t have seen it” the bubbly blonde responded in an excited voice before, much to Izzy’s shock, she hiked up her gown to reveal a pair of shapely legs, one of which was decorated by an intricate pattern of flowering vines so realistic that she felt like she could pluck one of the delicately coloured blooms with her fingers. However where Izzy was stunned by the pure artistry of her Aunt’s tattoo Kaidan’s attention had been clearly caught by the smooth skin and white silk of his still very attractive aunt’s underwear. The siblings however had little time to admire what was on display before they were suddenly interrupted by their mother’s horrified squeak “Gwyll! I…I D-darling I love you b-but please don’t lift you’re skirts in front of m-my teenage son” she stammered clearly unsure what to make of the scene or how to deal with it as the colour drained from her already pale complexion “huh? Oh no, Mei it’s not a mating display!” Gwyll began in a cheerful voice obviously intending to explain the situation, even though she was entirely sure what it was she’d done wrong…Humans were so confusing with all their rules, only to see Mei’s beckoning finger and think better of it. Quickly lowering her dress she’d throw the siblings an apologetic look before scurrying off to join Mei for another of her “little talks” with a chastised look on her face leaving the pair of them alone.

“Izzy…I think I’m in love”

“Eww! Kay she’s nearly old enough to be our mother!” Izzy responded as her brother continued to stare at Gwyll’s retreating form, with him only snapping out of it once she was out of sight as his sister mumbled something about him chasing anything in a skirt “I do not!...besides you were gone awhile…what are you up to?” he asked suspiciously, receiving an innocent smile in replay as his sister sweetly responded “Nothing…I just needed to take care of a few things”

Deleted User - 819397

Been rereading your "Tiran Epilogue" here Braet...I still really like all you did with it. Did you ever write any more of it?

DeletedUser28032

Been rereading your "Tiran Epilogue" here Braet...I still really like all you did with it. Did you ever write any more of it?

I did write a little bit more of it, work and multiple Rp's kind of got in the way, however there is a fragment of a Daner chapter and most of a chapter involving a new character; Carolyn Anders who is an NCO in Red's army.

DeletedUser13682

There's more? And a Maurangerian gets a lead role? This is good to hear.

DeletedUser39641

Hey Fellas, I'm sure this is a bit late to post a story, but this story always made me feel a bit sad.
its an old English or maybe German Fable with a good sensible message which i will reveal (just in case you don't see it at the start)

A Shepherd Girl tended her master's Sheep near a dark forest not far from the village. Soon she found life in the pasture very dull. All she could do to amuse himself was to talk to his dog or play on his shepherd's pipe.

One day as she sat watching the Sheep and the quiet forest, and thinking what he would do should he see a Wolf, she thought of a plan to amuse herself.

Her Master had told her to call for help should a Wolf attack the flock, and the Villagers would drive it away. So now, though she had not seen anything that even looked like a Wolf, she ran toward the village shouting at the top of her voice, "Wolf! Wolf!"

As she expected, the Villagers who heard the cry dropped their work and ran in great excitement to the pasture. But when they got there they found the Girl doubled up with laughter at the trick she had played on them.

A few days later the Shepherd Girl again shouted, "Wolf! Wolf!" Again the Villagers ran to help her, only to be laughed at again.

Then one evening as the sun was setting behind the forest and the shadows were creeping out over the pasture, a Wolf really did spring from the underbrush and fall upon the Sheep.

In terror the Girl ran toward the village shouting "Wolf! Wolf!" But though the Villagers heard the cry, they did not run to help her as they had before. "she cannot fool us again," they said.

The Wolf killed a great many of the Girl's sheep and then slipped away into the forest.

Liars are not believed even when they speak the speak the truth.
the moral is - don't spread fake rumors about good people because once you do, you will surely look like a fool once real bad guys come along.

Last edited by a moderator:

Poker Alice

Once upon a time . . . a psychologist decided to conduct an experiment not connected with intelligence but solely on disposition tendencies in children. For the test two very different boys were selected. Both were told they would be going to a farm where they would see some very special horses. That was true for the horse farm kept falabella miniature horses. A falabella miniature horse is a very small breed of horse. It is only around 32 inches (81 cm) tall. The horse is not considered a pony but rather a very small horse. After the explanation the young boys imagined that the horses might be smaller than they actually were.

Instead of allowing the boys to see the horses immediately both were brought to an empty stable and left to their own devices for some time. The psychologist observed that one of the boys stayed slumped in the corner and then began to cry.

"What is wrong," the crying boy was asked?

The crying boy said, "This is not the way I wanted it to be and boo-hoo, it is so unfair, sniffle, a stupid place without any horses, sob."

Not wanting the boy to suffer any longer with the experiment, the psychologist immediately brought the boy to his mother where he was comforted and then taken for a pony ride. The other boy however the psychologist was puzzled with for he sat in the middle of the stable smiling. He was also covered from head to toe with manure since he had kept busy digging in it.

"Why are you so happy," the smiling boy was asked?

The smiling boy said, "Oh I don't know, I just thought within all this manure there just might be a horse in it!"

Last edited: