Story tellers and role players welcome

DeletedUser

If you like historical role-playing, westerns and the post-civil war era come find us in White Tanks. Send me a telegram in game.

DeletedUser

I joined this town to help chase off bandits. I've been in several towns in World 4... usually my role as a dueler is pretty much the same. But these guys are different. I keep logging in to read the new posts.

DeletedUser

I'm just curious...if you're interested in historical RP, why is the town's name an anachronism?

DeletedUser

Miss Tiffany should answer this but I saw it so...

caveat: No one ever dies. No one is ever put on trial or hung. No one wears pants. :nowink: Considering the game these Germans have provided, you must be asking that question rhetorically. Nonetheless...

1. On their town forum they call it "historical-based" role-playing. Some characters would never have crossed paths, especially in 1866 Arizona Territory - but the players all love the time period, and the way real people react(ed) to events... so they know more than TGTBATU + Young Guns. They write in a realistic way... except for Miss Tiffany being the mayor (which is kind of a running joke since
it'll be 1870 before Wyoming becomes the first place in the United States where women have the right to even vote, much less hold office).

2. Miss Tiffany named the town for the real place she grew up (RL)

3. In 1866, Phoenix didn't exist - unless you count the hay camp that supplied Camp McDowell.

4. Anachronism? Other that showing off a $2 college word, what is your point exactly? "No town of White Tanks ever existed"?
That would be a valid point... and you can protest right after you address the $1200 shirts and $11,800 army revolvers
(which historically any 12 year old coulda used, but for the sake of profits InnoGames GmbH limits to level 55+)
Or maybe "No one called those mountain the White Tanks back then"? Feel free to make your case.
Or maybe "them mountains didn't exist because the world was flat" !

5. Anyway, since this is the recruiting thread - they have 4 openings (i left, to do some fighting on behalf of my old home: Hell Town)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ahh...I was thinking it referred to tanks as in mechanized warfare, but I guess it refers to water tanks or something like that. I was just curious, and yes, during the period it was common to wear pants as far as I know, but maybe they only wore pants when they were painted or photographed. You might add that very few gunfights were fought with slingshots.

DeletedUser

Yeah. I admit it. You made me laugh.

:blink:

610x.jpg

:D...:nowink: Uh. no. But funny. Very funny.

DeletedUser

Thanks for giving us a bump. We can take three players who have names and enjoy reading and writing western stories. Contact me via telegram in game.

DeletedUser

Bump: just a sample

We have a murder mystery running right now, but this sample from a few weeks ago should give you an idea of what's up in White Tanks...

Tom
slapped ol' James McCannon on the back, then turned and vigorously shook G.W.'s hand. The Town hall looked like a new building.

Charlie whistled loud and clear as he ran over from his telegraph office. "Dang! Couldn't never tell I used t' stable my ponies in there!"

"Watch your language Charlie Miller!" The reprimand in Miss Tiffany's voice was softened by the smile on her face. Her town seemed more dignified with the new Town Hall, and it made her glow.

Daisy came down the street and flew into her husbands arms. "Well done! Well done!" She congratulated the men... but she only had eyes for the one.

Tom admired them both. He wanted what they had... but today he was content looking up at the reward of their long labor. Eventually he wanted a flag hanging there... but he decided to wait, memories of battle standards were still too fresh on both sides... and he didn't want a thing like that to sour these growing friendships.

Penny Johnson waved from the boardwalk outside her little fabric store. She was standing there with Miss LaBelle, admiring the festivities but hesitating to step down into the muddy street. Tom walked over.

"Mister Hawk!" she called. You've done fine work on the old stable. Do you think you'll have time to add some shelves for me now. I could stock more material, maybe even add a rack of dresses..."

As the shopkeep prattled on, Tom grinned at Lola and her baby, then turned to look down the street at G.W. and James. The day was still young.

"Yes'um" He interrupted. "I'll come buy with mah tools after me 'n the boys get a bite to eat."

Tapping baby Grace on the nose, he turned back down the street.

"Let's eat!"

TomHawk.jpg

DeletedUser

Back to the good stories

If you're like me, having a reason to fight makes this game even more enjoyable. Come find a group of good people to defend. I did.

DeletedUser

Just solved the murder of Penny Jognson. It was a great thread. Maybe we'll post a copy out here on the public forum. Good reading.

But this bump is just to say we're here, playing above the basic code. A successful town. A great community of friends and writers, and you're welcome to join. If you want the story before the shootout, and people worth defending come join the good guys in White Tanks. Contact me in game.

DeletedUser

Yup. It was a good story, even if it did take over a month get written.
I highly recommend this little town of White Tanks.

DeletedUser

bump

our posse is strong enough to protect you
our people are honest and hardworking
we tell great stories

Come join the fun!

DeletedUser

bump - recruiting again, still telling great stories and playing the game well

DeletedUser

If you want to help stop thugs from chasing off your worker friends, find a town where the duelers are good guys and join the fun. We just demolished a band of outlaws.

Great stories! Great friends! White Tanks

DeletedUser

Good guys can succeed!

White Tanks is succeeding! We're a top 15 town with 4 forts and an active posse of honorable lawmen. We also have story tellers. Not all of our citizens are regular writers. Some write more, some less. but if you enjoy reading good tales and you're willing to contribute once in a while, then you'll like life in White Tanks.

Depending on how we share our four forts, we rank between #5 and #11
We have room in Prescott, White Tanks, Gold Creek and Fort Apache for a few dozen new members.

Ideal settlers in the Arizona Territory will have 'realish' names and embrace our good guy ethics:
- We don't attack the innocent, or rob the weak,
- We do defend our own and will great allies and 4 forts our posse stays busy.
- We play regularly
- We have fun
- We assume the best in others, and don't get easily offended.

If you find us in game you'll find a great community of good players. See you soon!

DeletedUser

The town is still thriving???

I am so happy to stumble across this! I let the game slide while real life got the best of me. I recently logged back in to The West and found my beloved Miss Tiffany gone. It sounds like the area and town has really expanded. Are all of the old crew still there? I miss you guys!

DeletedUser

This is a great group to be with. My game character was allowed the privilege to join. Almost everyone has written a backstory for their character, explaining how they got there, who they are, etc... Nice town and character centric story lines that everyone can participate in and contribute to, if they wish. Nice group of people from all over. If you want a sense of community and belonging, this is the town for you.