Star Wars VII Trailer

DeletedUser

I think Han actually refers to the Millenium Falcon when he says, "Chewie, we're home".

And nope, never appeared before, its a whole new planet along with that ice planet on which we see the First Order emblem. That isn't Hoth either. So its kinda new. That is good unless you know, they end up doing the same stuff again with different names.

DeletedUser36559

In the trailer you can see luke talking about the "force" and he said his father has it ( in the present tense) rather than had it. Does this imply that vader is still alive?

DeletedUser

I think not Micky. That Luke voice is actually from ep 6, where Luke says, “The Force is strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. My sister has it.”

In the trailer there's only the addition of "....You have that power too."

I dont want Vader to be alive seriously, his legacy should be left untainted. :)

Apelatia

I agree with Mj there. Vader should definitely be left to retain his legacy. It would be strange to have him rise again anyway; something like that wouldn't really fit into the sci-fi setting that Star Wars gives us...

As for the quote... The way I see it, they've just used what Luke said in Return of the Jedi, and then added a little extra teaser on the end to leave us guessing... I'm curious to see what Luke's role in this new film will be.

DeletedUser

Well we see Vader's suit - badly burned because, of course, Luke burned him in Jedi. But Anakin returned to the force so bringing him back would involve some sort of cloning but he would be without his spirit.
As for the quote, doesn't Luke have a son? Maybe he's talking to him?...

Apelatia

I'm still skeptical about their bringing Vader back. It doesn't seem very likely to me, what with him being so old at the end of VI.

If Luke does have a son, then the big question here is: 'Who is the mother?'. I've not read the books, so I'm a little out-of-the-loop when it comes to things like this. Does he have a son? Anyone have any thoughts?

DeletedUser28032

I've only got a vague knowledge of what happens after Jedi however if memory serves Han and Leia do have a son (and possibly a daughter) who is a Jedi

DeletedUser1121

According to the books, Jedi in the order that Luke created are allowed to marry and get kids.
Luke himself gets kids and Leia as well (married to Han Solo).

One of the kids of Han and Leia converts to the dark side, becoming Darth Caedus.

But I am not sure if they will follow the original storyline or if they introduce a complete new one.

[spoil]Caedus is later killed in battle by his twin sister Jaina [/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

They said the books and the EU are non-canon now.

The girl in the teaser Rey, is heavily rumored to be Han and Leia's daughter and Finn the stormtrooper is rumored to be Lando's son. Idk, about Luke's though.

DeletedUser28032

It'd probably be for the best to count the books as being non-cannon and use a new storyline if only to prevent the thousands of fan boys going "But that didn't happen in the book!"

DeletedUser

I sense something. A presence I've not felt since...OOH TUNA!!! My favourite. :D
So is he called Obi-Wan-Catobi. [Groan]

Last edited by a moderator:

delldell56

off topic now: as a good texan boy, george's very much into steaks, not tuna, in spite of his expression. https://instagram.com/p/2O0M0GLfbx/

he also seems to be fond of tacos, but this time he looked more like a treat for the pugs he let live with him, and wasn't thrilled that for that one time he wasn't standing up lol, https://instagram.com/p/2T47qaLfYl/

(yes, i am sorta obsessed with that little guy lol. who wouldn't?). this cat is soooo elmyr-ish haha.

DeletedUser23252

anyone want to take a guess what the open week will bring in I'll say 300 million first week

DeletedUser36559

300 mil seems a lot, I'd the the blockbuster would pass the $100 mil barrier in it's opening weekend. It could end up beating Avatar's record and surpass $3 billion maybe.

DeletedUser

300 mil domestic or overseas too? If its the latter then sure.