Stake/wager dueling

• Thread starter DeletedUser15099
  • Start date

DeletedUser15099

PROPOSAL:
Hello all, I have a new (probably fail) idea. I'm a decent dueller in Dakota, and I occasionally have friendly duels with other top of the line duellers, so I was thinking if it would be a good idea to implement some sort of stake/wager dueling.

Current Workaround:
wagers based on faith in the other guy

DETAILS:
Me and another dueller puts let's say 500k into a pot, and the winner takes all.

Duel itself either has to be instant, or some sort of system set up to prevent last second equipment swaps during a wager duel. For both parties.

If possible, increase the amount of rounds to unlimited amount to ensure a KO. (Just an idea).

To expand it, maybe create a ranking system for it, achievements, and possibly ability to stake duel people from other worlds (it's a long shot but it would to cool to take a shot at some of these people in Dakota who claim that they would destroy me in w12.

ABUSE PREVENTION:
The only negative I see with this is some sort of shady trade deals where someone loses on purpose to transfer money. But a 5% tax will surely fix it.

SUMMARY:
What do you all think?

ADMINISTRATION:
YES
not that i know of. i did search.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34194

On the surface it sounds like it's flirting with the "Pushing" rule, if not downright heavy petting ;)

The idea in general is a good one but I think maybe the format needs a change to make it more legit.

What if it was a competition instead...worldwide? Server wide? Kinda like the recent Fort fighting competition.

DeletedUser15099

you mean like a tournament? that is good too.. my idea is something more permanent. I was also thinking about possibly removing dueling altogether, and leaving it only for those who WANT to duel. which obviously does not benefit me, i'm a pure dueller, but.... it makes it more real life. if you just come up to someone who's working, and shoot at them, its murder haha. but if both parties agree to shoot at each other first, its a duel. But that in my opinion would make the game less fun, even for those who only get dueled while working.

but i guess nobody is too excited about dueling. :( not many replies.

MFRavenhawk

if you just come up to someone who's working, and shoot at them, its murder haha. but if both parties agree to shoot at each other first, its a duel.

Actually, in game terms vs real life, it is more like robbery and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to cause grave harm...after all, you are alive and able to work again inside of 8 hours, with no more harm done than missing your cash in hand.

Real life you would be laid up in a hospital for several days....assuming you survive the attack.

DeletedUser35340

One could already do this somewhat, through putting a bounty on themselves, Dead or Alive or placing it on each other. He who wins gains the bounty. Of course that leaves the bounty active on the winner.

DeletedUser8807

Im not for this it sounds a lot like putting a bounty on someone though i do like the idea of a ranking system but then again this is already in place in the current ranking system if you want to bet maybe do something with a town vs town situation like a fort fight but for dueling and the town founder agrees on how much they want to put forward from the town bank which normally is a lot due to the fact that once a town is fully lvled that money just sits and accumulates over time from fees

DeletedUser15099

it is nothing like putting a bounty on someone. i'm talking millions here.. there is no way i'm putting 2 millions dollars on someone, and risk them KOing themselves to their friend before i even get a chance to duel. plus, you need 4 million to put a 2 million bounty on someone.. 50% tax is a lot for bounties. I'm talking about betting.. thats it. you and I agree how much we want to put down, winner takes all. it is nothing like bounties.

DeletedUser15099

correct me if I am wrong, but I think you need 3 million for a 2 million bounty. 50% of 2 mil is 1 mil. I think that's how it works :)

you're probably right.. i usually dont put bounties on people, i KO them on my own. :p. i thought its 50% of whatever you set. if u set a 4m bounty, only 2m appears.. if u set a 10k bounty, u get 5k.. but what you are saying makes sense.. because i see people with bounties of 6666 or 3333..

jarograv

Sounds difficult to implement.

The current workaround of relying on the other player's honour to transfer is probably good enough for the amount of times people are actually in a situation that they want to stake.

It would be neat if in the future there were more cross-world player interactions like adventures. Maybe then staking would be worthwhile.

MFRavenhawk

you're probably right.. i usually dont put bounties on people, i KO them on my own. :p. i thought its 50% of whatever you set. if u set a 4m bounty, only 2m appears.. if u set a 10k bounty, u get 5k.. but what you are saying makes sense.. because i see people with bounties of 6666 or 3333..
I think the way bounties work is a 50% fee refers to the fee being half the cost of the value of the bounty, rounded down. That said, a $10k bounty would cost $3333, while the posted bounty ends up being $6666....unless you actually post a $10k bounty that would cost you $15k.