St. Patrick Community Event - Feedback

Groundhog

This event is turning out to be a huge let down to new players and casuals. No event in any game should be for high p2w players. Usually events were grindable even for casuals who played with non premium. Doing works, quests, fights and playing more than normally would give you the event set. Then you could keep rolling with nuggets if you wanted more.

On this event, there is not a single way even a full VIP player can get more than 45 coins a day (maybe 50), without stamina replenish, insta work finishing and item purchasing with nuggets. You need to be getting 65 coins/ day to get the full set with the weapons. This is a total joke.

Even with 4 Awesomnia Fortfights you will need 50 coins a day! The only hope for casuals and semi-hardcore players would be the beta example of 6-7 Awesomnia FFs.

I would spend time analysing why all those quests are totally useless to 99% of players, but i think @John Ware covered most of what I wanted to say.

Again this is just my opinion, I feel like there are still ways for this event to change with a quest update and more Awesomnia fights.

Hope our feedback gets heard :)

There will be enough FBs to let everyone receive extra coins from the battles in order to reach the set, both for Winners and Losers.

So do I receive 2 gold coins or 3? Put forth some bleeping bleepity bleep QA work.
Who created this event? They must not play this game, or have a very bleeped up view of the current gameplay.
When it becomes a full time job to play a game, you'll just keep losing players.

1584150774206.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser39379

So do I receive 2 gold coins or 3? Put forth some bleeping bleepity bleep QA work.
Who created this event? They must not play this game, or have a very bleeped up view of the current gameplay.
When it becomes a full time job to play a game, you'll just keep losing players.

View attachment 1993

It was 2 coins originally, but an additional coin was added later.

joeka

I also agree that the quests are too extensive for the rewards. (especially for new players who likely need the set more than advanced players).

But I also really like this event. It has brought players out of their niche (FFing, dueling, adventures, etc.) and is causing them to participate in everything they aren't used to participating in. While I would like to see greater rewards, I like that the event is difficult enough to have such amazing participation in all aspects of the game. I think more events should be like this, rather than being easy like the Valentine's event was.

But I also really like this event. It has brought players out of their niche (FFing, dueling, adventures, etc.) and is causing them to participate in everything they aren't used to participating in. While I would like to see greater rewards, I like that the event is difficult enough to have such amazing participation in all aspects of the game. I think more events should be like this, rather than being easy like the Valentine's event was.

Um, I do all those things without needing to be required to work 27 hours in a 24 hour day, participate in FFs, queue some players that I can easily beat for a bounty, and beg inactive players in towns that have the items required.... all while having a real full time job.

Gold Dust, Lotus Blossoms ... seriously!? They need to have the Awesomia FFs every day to make up for their stupidity.

Old style event, I queued the jobs I wanted to queue and work 24hours a day. This event, I have to queue jobs that aren't giving the products that I need! If they wanted to make it not a bleeping waste of time, have Maya quest be 7 hours at Lotus Blossoms and Waupee require 10 Lotus Blossoms. Instead, it's 7 hours of breaking in horses, and Waupee needs 10 lotus blossoms. Thanks Inno for your raising your middle finger at your players - the people that give you your bleeping paycheck.

Sorry, they've crossed the line on this. I can't have 2 full time jobs.

Last edited:
Favorite complainer back again ...

What's happening here???? Seriously inno, maybe you worked too hard to come up with a way to us over, and you forget what matters most in software development to make yourselves look competent - DETAILS.

3 gold coins to capture 2.
and then we need to catch 3?

I would be amused by the situation, but given the trajectory this game has gone over the past several years, it's obvious the dev/product mgrs are totally not listening to their user base, and details like this further exacerbate the issue.

*smh*
#sad

1584238280817.png

foscock

Banned
This coin event.... the basic concept is fine, it's something different then spamming 15 second jobs for icicles, but there are so many ways it needs to be improved.

#1. 1350 coins are needed for the full set. Over 21 days, that's 65 coins per day, not the 55 that people keep posting in the forum. 55 coins a day would get the full set, minus one duel weapon, which would suit most people. But even 55 per day is not achievable unless we have the Awesomia battles every 2 days. And here's why...

#2. The quests that require products, while quick to complete if you have the products, become impossible as soon as you run out. Why? because you cannot spend time farming products and still complete the quests that reward coins. If someone thinks they will be able to buy the products on the market, good luck with that, they will be sold out in a week, or sold for 20k for a lotus blossom. As others have said, why have us farm for hammers and ask us for lotus blossoms?

#3. The duel quests might as well not even be included. The amount of job time required for this event almost forces you to remain KO'd. The One-hit duel quest is a joke, some players "may" be able to arrange that, but of course arranging a duel for reward is considered pushing, so we're encouraging arranged duels. Shall we punish people for this?

#4. Adventures? If you're going to allow Adventures to become the domain of the nugget spenders, don't require anyone to win one for a quest, or for X number of quests in this event. And if that's too hard a concept, don't demand an Adventure win for 21 days in a row.

#5. We're offered around 28 hours of jobs, plus a fort battle, every day. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm old-fashioned and i have a watch that only has 12 hours. Lucky for me it goes around twice, but that still adds up to 24.

#6. "if you don't get the set this year, you can complete it next year". We get so many sets like this that are obsolete either before they are introduced or obsolete in 6 months. Either way, what if someone gets the set this year (that 1% of players that might do that), what do they do next year?

To sum up, make the event less punitive, give us a set that isn't lame, or only attractive to 1% of the players, and don't make us spend our entire time doing useless jobs for useless products that reward items that aren't needed in the event. Give us a decent reward for working 24 hours per day that isn't just "a bit of luck that can't be quantified". Make it fun, and at least slightly rewarding.

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Put forth some bleeping bleepity bleep QA work
There is no QA.
There is only Beta server and it doesn't do its duty anymore as Inno turned it into an another nugget server and stopped listening to feedback for some years.

And apparently either the ppl giving these decisions don't know how to do basic Maths or.. they do it really well and wanted this Event to bring in some Nuggets (But cover it up with the "Community" tag) other than keeping people interested in game with endless horde of back-to-back Events rather than fixing/updating stuff.. which I wish them good luck with :-D

So yea.. This will be the first event I'm ignoring.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 91450

This:
don't make us spend our entire time doing useless jobs for useless products that reward items that aren't needed in the event. Give us a decent reward for working 24 hours per day that isn't just "a bit of luck that can't be quantified". Make it fun, and at least slightly rewarding

I have played for years too many. My initial reaction was cool this is challenging and different. And I just need to figure out the path so A goes to B goes to WTF? This is mathematically impossible for a regular ordinary player to achieve.

There is no QA.
There is only Beta server and it doesn't do its duty anymore as Inno turned it into an another nugget server and stopped listening to feedback for some years.

I'm playing my Captain Obvious role :D

Foscock's response is
This coin event.... the basic concept is fine, it's something different then spamming 15 second jobs for icicles, but there are so many ways it needs to be improved.

Excellent post. The 15 second drop "events" are terrible, just mindless clicking. The game used to be a challenge with the quests working together

Example: Level 97 - Animal Spirits with Level 99 - The tribe, and choosing the right paths for "kept note" to get "piece of note - part 3" for "Hernando's Sword"

Have fewer events with better quality.

RaiderTr

Excellent post. The 15 second drop "events" are terrible, just mindless clicking. The game used to be a challenge with the quests working together
Agreed.

But,
No more EXPLORATION please..
They will fix this event by offering coin chests in the shop for nuggets near the end of this event. UNREAL !! Does anyone wanna bet on it?
I already said it days ago.
It goes without saying anyways.
Easter event will start shortly after this event. It's just too much. Knock it off already!!
Yea since DotD bs they never gave a break. Event after Event, sale after sale.

DeletedUser39417

I don't mind the jobs for coins thing so much however the amount of time invested for each job seems extremely arbitrary. foscock's critique is spot on. Not much to add to that except his 6th point is the most upsetting. It is a bad practice/philosophy. At this point in the game, it is pretty presumptuous to count on their being a "next year". More focus needs to be made in the perspective of building up to a "next year" that's worthwhile.

This event style is a step in the right direction to offer something new. It's encouraging in the sense that someone somewhere is trying to innovate for The West.

RaiderTr

Fwiw, they put forward the "Next Year" thing about the "modifying" DotD thing too and didn't add related items in xmas bags.