St. Patrick Community Event - Feedback

MFRavenhawk

So we have 22 days to collect 1350 gold coins for full set... that means 61-62 coins per day. Despite "You can get up to 55 - 60 gold coins a day. " announcement, this is simple not possible. With NPC Awesomnia battles for 75 coins every 3 day maybe it is...otherwise isn't.

And that is assuming that you can win the fort battles, adventures and duels.
If you can't it would appear you are out of luck

And the only way that you will complete all the jobbing quests each 24 hours is if you spend nuggets.

MFRavenhawk

This isn't a "Free" event.

I am not worried if it is 'free' or not. Just saying, trying to squeeze 27 hours of work into a 24 hour day (assuming you work your avi without sleeping) for just 14 gold coins is impossible unless you nugget spend. And that is just to get the daily work quests done.

You have to munch even more nuggets to get in a duel or three and a fort fight to even look at getting half the claimed coins per day.

And if you don't have the gear to compete in duels or forts...or adventures...you can give up trying to get coins there, since no amount of nugget munching will help at that point.

DeletedUser15368

Cool concept but once again, I'm sad that beta feedback was ignored. There was plenty of time to both make this doable for players and to offer more choice of what to buy with the coins for non-duellers. That's my feedback and obviously it's pointless to post the actual details of ideas to improve this clicky event here again.

Here's hoping that the development plan for 2020 wasn't just filling in all the tombola gaps with videogame chores like this for back-to-back-to-back clicky events.. People wont play them and then inno will get mad at the community, like with DotD.

Also I believe this is the 3rd update containing new sets in a row that contain a duelling set with fort battle bonus. This is slightly more acceptable than a fort set with Stamina, but I'll continue to point that out until the powers that be learn the difference between the forms of PvP in their game, or hire me for QA.

Last edited by a moderator:

kuro90

There will be enough FBs to let everyone receive extra coins from the battles in order to reach the set, both for Winners and Losers.

DeletedUser35101

There will be enough FBs to let everyone receive extra coins from the battles in order to reach the set, both for Winners and Losers.

But it shouldn't be like that Kuro, sorry...
We all should have a chance to get full set in this type of event by just "normally" playing, with bit more stress as all other events give to us achieve event goal.. We shouldn't have to calculate "how many or if any Awesomia battles" will be up, since we have no info about those... we, players, don't know if they will be dug or when or what each side gets... that should of been calculated in beta and posted here in event forum topic

I also really do hope that for this event you made number of players at Awes battles "infinite" on both sides... And i so do hope that on both sides you allow a recruit that signs into battle to post battle topic (attack and defend side)

And ones that made up this event should of calculated things a bit better.... (but i'll post that in new post... still working on it, i want to see what seconds day of event will bring before i post my "but's / suggestions for improvement")

DeletedUser35101

Q and A are best ones! .. if you have a huge rush to end up in coo coo jacket!

Harsha..

Will it be possible to have awesomia battles everyday? - that's the only plausible way I can see people getting all coins in time. The rewards - 75 coins per FF might encourage great turnouts, so that's one bright spot in an otherwise droll event.

Other than that, my friend was curious to know if the items will be salable and upgradable sometime down the line?

Tucker Blue

They'll be fixed soon :)

If you busted your ass trying to get the cards first, oh well, sucks to be you. The first person to get them AFTER the fix will get the achievement. Yeah that seems fair. Also if you can't do the FF's you're screwed.

See a bunch of "you screwed this up", "you screwed that up". Doesn't seem like a lot of preparation was put into this event and you're scrambling on the fly.

Last edited:

DeletedUser15368

Will it be possible to have awesomia battles everyday? - that's the only plausible way I can see people getting all coins in time. The rewards - 75 coins per FF might encourage great turnouts, so that's one bright spot in an otherwise droll event.
This would be fine on dead worlds, but Awesomia battles are low quality for various reasons, even if high quantity attends, I want nothing offered from this "event" so i'd just have to build or go VM for a couple weeks until battles are back to normal if this happened. :-D

Of course it's a shame only Awesomia battles give you the currency for participating.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15368

Hey I'm all for discouraging building in favour of PvP aspects of the game, but that wasn't the intent here in any case:'P

John Ware

I like getting big coin rewards for FFs. I haven't done much FF and as a new player it was a good way to get me into them.

But I have to agree with what others are saying, these quests require way too many hours of grinding jobs that in most cases don't contribute to regular quest lines and generate little income and exp for tiny rewards of 2 to 5 coins. The worst one I've seen is the Tribal Ceremony quest from Waupee's Village. 10 lotus flowers and 10 crab meat (plus the salmon and trout) all for just 4 coins?! Riduclous. Even with full gold pickaxes and full Clyde's set it's going to take you well over half a day of jobs just for that one quest. Personally I think you should add a % chance to all these jobs that they'll drop additional gold coins every hour you work them. The Valentine's event was a lot better this way. You got the same amount of hearts for doing any job so as long as you were active working on regular questlines you would earn enough.