Speeding

• Thread starter DeletedUser13682
  • Start date

DeletedUser36559

Main cause of vehicle accidents is as a result of driver's negligence and human error such as driving under the influence of alcohol, accident cause due to drunkenness of the driver. Distraction while driving, for example answering mobile phone calls, distraction from the children inside the vehicle. Negligence of speed signs, over speeding is one of the most common causes of accident it is advisable for drivers to always check for speed limit signs and keep to it. Finally, Driver fatigue, this occurs when a driver refuses to take a rest or break after driving for a long hours and distance. The most common causes of vehicular accident is human factor, although this can be prevented by paying good attention on road and avoiding all kinds of distraction like eating, drinking while driving.

DeletedUser

I have seen 2 incredible things while going along a motorway.
1) A woman giving her rear-view mirror her FULL attention whilst she put on her MAKE-UP.
2) A man READING a BOOK whilst driving along a MOTORWAY!!! He wasn't even PRETENDING to look at the road. He had the book up against the steering-wheel and he was ENGROSSED in it.
Unfortunately these people are more likely to kill someone ELSE than THEMSELVES. :(

asdf124

I have seen 2 incredible things while going along a motorway.
1) A woman giving her rear-view mirror her FULL attention whilst she put on her MAKE-UP.
2) A man READING a BOOK whilst driving along a MOTORWAY!!! He wasn't even PRETENDING to look at the road. He had the book up against the steering-wheel and he was ENGROSSED in it.
Unfortunately these people are more likely to kill someone ELSE than THEMSELVES. :(

the question is, how did they get a driving license if they were so irresponsible :p

DeletedUser36559

the question is, how did they get a driving license if they were so irresponsible :p

The thing is everyone is serious and drives properly when it comes to driving lessons and driving test, but after they pass it's a different story :D

asdf124

The thing is everyone is serious and drives properly when it comes to driving lessons and driving test, but after they pass it's a different story :D

So true :D

but what if they were being seen afterwards, a secret trial without peeps knowledge and if they don't pass, they get their driving license taken :D.

Anyways, we are always being watched by the governments these days..... At least my government tells you that you are being watched in the highways :p.

DeletedUser

What might be a good idea would be to do what they started doing with forklifts.
When I first began driving forklifts, when you passed the test, that was it...for life.
Now the law has changed. (To put companies in line with insurance companies.) Now you have to sit a 'refresher' course every 3 years to prove you are still competent.
One of the biggest problems with car-drivers is that they develop bad habits over time.
If the law was changed so that you had to sit a 'refresher' course every 3-5 years to prove that you are still a competent driver and haven't developed any bad habits that may well endanger life, that would be a good thing in my opinion. A pain in the BACKSIDE, but a good thing for safety on the roads. Especially when you consider that cars are basically massive chunks of metal flying along the roads at ridiculous speeds. (Don't get me wrong, I'm a TOTAL petrol-head and I LOVE cars. But it's true, in the wrong hands, they are lethal weapons.)

DeletedUser

True, if they were truly irresponsible. Bit for the majority of people, it gives them a kick back in line. I admit, I did develop some habits when driving forklifts, but when you sit the refresher course, you REALLY have to think and concentrate...do things by the book and - at least for a time - that transposes over to your ACTUAL driving when you get back to work again.
We will NEVER be able to keep the roads TOTALLY safe unless we rigged the roads and cars to make them totally automated, but then THAT raises the problems of A) That would take the FUN out of driving; and B) Computers cannot be totally trusted as all it would take would be one errant line of code and you could end up with HUNDREDS of people being killed in a mass car pile-up.
So I guess we'll just have to feel our way and hope that the boys in blue do their job and prosecute these morons who deliberately put peoples lives at risk.

asdf124

Now peeps text, watch videos on there own smartphones while driving. As a result, I for one speed, see traffic and accidents due to those using smartphones.

I wouldn't mind if the police used my phone's gps to see if I was moving, on a stoplight or anything particular. If they see that the gps is indicating that I am moving and using my phone. I'd be fine if they fine me or even impounded my vehicle.

A whole family could be on the brink of life and death due to peeps watching or texting while driving.

DeletedUser

Now peeps text, watch videos on there own smartphones while driving. As a result, I for one speed, see traffic and accidents due to those using smartphones.

I wouldn't mind if the police used my phone's gps to see if I was moving, on a stoplight or anything particular. If they see that the gps is indicating that I am moving and using my phone. I'd be fine if they fine me or even impounded my vehicle.

A whole family could be on the brink of life and death due to peeps watching or texting while driving.

How would they know if it was you or a passenger in your car?

asdf124

How would they know if it was you or a passenger in your car?

A very accurate gps which can pinpoint location to 1mm accuracy(I ain't sure if such a thing is already available or not)

Some cars have left side as driver like in US etc. In UK, it is on the right. So, it wouldn't be hard to actually pin point if the driver is using a mobile phone and driving(however, it needs an accurate gps)

DeletedUser13682

I'm not certain why anyone would be alright with the government tracking anyone like that. In America at least, it could be classified unconstitutional. Speed traps are already bad enough, but for the government to track everyone wherever they may be, how can that be good?

asdf124

I'm not certain why anyone would be alright with the government tracking anyone like that. In America at least, it could be classified unconstitutional. Speed traps are already bad enough, but for the government to track everyone wherever they may be, how can that be good?

That's America, but we cannot know if the US government isn't tracking everyone already(They already have broken through the constitution with the NSA surveiling phones without a warrant)
In my country, speed trap cameras are in place with surveillance cameras on highways.

My country make $10m per month from fines of traffic violations even though it is 4-5m in population.