Feedback Speedevent - March(ing)!

DeletedUser15368

We moved 2 players there, probably if El Marlow was still here and he wanted " the fun" strategy he will be in North too, we moved the players that didnt want to play as how we want. They moved there, we get new players in the team (the one that signed up late).
Win - win - win

That's rare in West diplomacy.

Vagabonden

Dude you're making a mountain out of a mole hill here, the guy didnt want to play on our team and both sets of leaders agreed to the switch to the team that was 1 player short of filling an attack, theres no controversy and was discussed in town chat multiple times.

Still, such information should still be posted somewhere so its visible for everyone? It was stated in the rules that you couldnt leave town?
But now its possible if both leaders agree? So now we can move more players back and forth between the towns if they agree again or was this a one time deal only for this special player?

Only saying this because i knew some players in north that wanted to come to south in the begining but such thing was not allowed? So they stopped playing? but seeing this they should just have played like Niko and they could have gone to south or what?

The issue is not that it happened, i agree with the action taken, the issue is, such information should either be posted in the thread for the event, that you can switch team if both leaders agree, dont make rules for special people, either everyone can do it or no one can.

After the purge of players that didn't show up their was a player imbalance between the teams, Niko did not want to be in south anymore and north needed an extra player. After discussions between leaders and GM's they came to an agreement to allow him to be moved towns. It was announced to everyone in Town chat and talked about over Saloon.

It was to balance the teams in benefit of the event & everyone who was participating :)

Not everyone is online 24/7 to read such saloon/town chat. Reason why it should be posted on forum/announcements public for everyone to see.
Just like deadeye jerry will join the attacking team bla bla bla

I know rules can change based since they wrote so in the event. But if they change the rules, it should be posted in announcement, if they change the rules only for some people it should be stated why others can't do the same? What about next event? I know no one knows what next event might be etc. But will it be possible to just go against the event to get what you want? (Be bad in X so you can join the team you want if its a team event etc)

Last edited:

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Still, such information should still be posted somewhere so its visible for everyone? It was stated in the rules that you couldnt leave town?
But now its possible if both leaders agree? So now we can move more players back and forth between the towns if they agree again or was this a one time deal only for this special player?

Only saying this because i knew some players in north that wanted to come to south in the begining but such thing was not allowed? So they stopped playing? but seeing this they should just have played like Niko and they could have gone to south or what?

The issue is not that it happened, i agree with the action taken, the issue is, such information should either be posted in the thread for the event, that you can switch team if both leaders agree, dont make rules for special people, either everyone can do it or no one can.

Not everyone is online 24/7 to read such saloon/town chat. Reason why it should be posted on forum/announcements public for everyone to see.
Just like deadeye jerry will join the attacking team bla bla bla

I know rules can change based since they wrote so in the event. But if they change the rules, it should be posted in announcement, if they change the rules only for some people it should be stated why others can't do the same? What about next event? I know no one knows what next event might be etc. But will it be possible to just go against the event to get what you want? (Be bad in X so you can join the team you want if its a team event etc)
I am sympathetic to the argument that we should increase transparency on such arrangements and will endeavor to have such exceptions noted on the event announcement pages going forward.
e.g. "In the interests of improving the event for all, in two instances an exception to the rule regarding leaving town was made for two individuals with the express concent of the players and the representatives of the two competing sides"

aaaa11

It's not fair that they randomly select player into town, you can't say the strategy is bad when the north don't even have a chance to use it
North team have
Around 30 wore at least once wrong clothes or never set in position that FF topic header indicated or never came.
10 more attended the battle as onlines or partially onlines and didn't follow orders.
3 pushed crafting without permission.
1 stole items and products and of course ...recipes.

Vagabonden

I am sympathetic to the argument that we should increase transparency on such arrangements and will endeavor to have such exceptions noted on the event announcement pages going forward.
e.g. "In the interests of improving the event for all, in two instances an exception to the rule regarding leaving town was made for two individuals with the express concent of the players and the representatives of the two competing sides"

Exactly, im sorry if i used the wrong words for it, but yes, transparency for what arrangements are made so its public for everyone.

Nehemiah

Hello all,

Often there are complaints about the events we organize, we are sorry to read this. However, we are also just players who can really enjoy this game, that is why we volunteered to do something for the community. We try to organize fun events at all times and also try to vary that there is always something that you as a player like. I personally find it very unfortunate that these events are often heavily criticized (sometimes rightly and sometimes wrongly).

While developing an event we always try to watch out for possible weaknesses (that players cannot abuse certain things during the event e.g.). Unfortunately this is not always possible, we like to keep the game complete as it is and prefer not to leave out important game elements. This means that the rules can sometimes be changed during an event for the benefit of the quality of the event. We will be more transparent about this in the future by communicating this better in the announcements topic. However, I would like to ask for your understanding that changing the rules during an event is sometimes necessary.

Also, I often see negative comments about the rewards. Personally I do not understand this, e.g. when we hand out El Gringo as a reward we get a lot of criticism, but when there is no El Gringo to win we also get criticism. In the end it is all about having fun. Nice prizes are always welcome of course, I understand that as a player myself. However, we cannot and do not want to hand out special items every event, because they have to remain special.

We also have many ideas for speed events, but it would also be nice if you would come up with ideas. After all, you are the community we are doing this for. If someone has a good idea, I would like for you to contact us to see how we can make their event happen with the possibilities we have. Finally, we as a team are also just players, but I think together with the community we can organize good quality events.

Finally, I would like to ask if it might be an option to start a poll x time before an event to see what kind of event is needed?

If you have any questions and/or comments I would love to hear them

Sincerely,

Nehemiah

Clever Hans

Were the players signed up randomly to one of two teams at the start or picked by the leaders? If it was random, luck definitely played some role regarding the FFing quality between the teams.

Also, might have been better for competition to have 4 smaller teams fighting over small forts, less risky that one of the teams would give up early during the event.

RaiderTr

Sheesh. I guess this is why there ain't such "complicated" events :-D
Poor Event/Support guys suffer so much:'P

All I can say about this Event is.. it seems like a good start and is about as good as it gets.. given the current situation of the game.
And I feel like all will be much better 2nd time..
If.. there is a 2nd time that is.

Jordy

The West Team
Forum moderator
Sheesh. I guess this is why there ain't such "complicated" events :-D
Poor Event/Support guys suffer so much:'P

All I can say about this Event is.. it seems like a good start and is about as good as it gets.. given the current situation of the game.
And I feel like all will be much better 2nd time..
If.. there is a 2nd time that is.
Things are only getting better from here. That said, come back to play on Colorado instead of lurking on the forums mate! :'P

On each regular world i hear complains about balancing fort battles.
The fort battle contests are the only place to have balanced battles : same numbers, same level, same equipments.
We don't find enough players to have fun in such event.
I'm so sad. This is the end of the game.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
On each regular world i hear complains about balancing fort battles.
The fort battle contests are the only place to have balanced battles : same numbers, same level, same equipments.
We don't find enough players to have fun in such event.
I'm so sad. This is the end of the game.

This was a rapid start event with no pre-announcement and only a three day registration window.

Give players a month’s warning, two weeks of registration and a solid week of prep and practice battles and there will be a lot more participation

Annie-Bell

Hello all,

Often there are complaints about the events we organize, we are sorry to read this. However, we are also just players who can really enjoy this game, that is why we volunteered to do something for the community. We try to organize fun events at all times and also try to vary that there is always something that you as a player like. I personally find it very unfortunate that these events are often heavily criticized (sometimes rightly and sometimes wrongly).

While developing an event we always try to watch out for possible weaknesses (that players cannot abuse certain things during the event e.g.). Unfortunately this is not always possible, we like to keep the game complete as it is and prefer not to leave out important game elements. This means that the rules can sometimes be changed during an event for the benefit of the quality of the event. We will be more transparent about this in the future by communicating this better in the announcements topic. However, I would like to ask for your understanding that changing the rules during an event is sometimes necessary.

Also, I often see negative comments about the rewards. Personally I do not understand this, e.g. when we hand out El Gringo as a reward we get a lot of criticism, but when there is no El Gringo to win we also get criticism. In the end it is all about having fun. Nice prizes are always welcome of course, I understand that as a player myself. However, we cannot and do not want to hand out special items every event, because they have to remain special.

We also have many ideas for speed events, but it would also be nice if you would come up with ideas. After all, you are the community we are doing this for. If someone has a good idea, I would like for you to contact us to see how we can make their event happen with the possibilities we have. Finally, we as a team are also just players, but I think together with the community we can organize good quality events.

Finally, I would like to ask if it might be an option to start a poll x time before an event to see what kind of event is needed?

If you have any questions and/or comments I would love to hear them

Sincerely,

Nehemiah

Hopefully a broader perspective can help inno understand, i am not attempting to be insultive (tho like many players who have played long time, am bit frustrated how this game has gone down and not managed well). Hopefully you will allow this comment to exist without deleted.

In terms of confusion of dont understand why complaints if do one thing and still complaints if do opposite (ie gringo gun rewards). Please understand hat the players that come forward with concerns are different groups of players, each with own wants from game that they love/ used to luv.

In alot of these surveys, events, forum postings, etc have become keenly aware of many long term vet players with million hours of experience and ideas for game simply stopped being part. In all these areas inno team has not asked question of "what percentage of current active players in all .en worlds join in on surveys, events, forums? and of the ones that join in, are they same groups over and over?". So basically asking question that most of us know already is there is not a big turnout, thus representation of idk 60 o 70% of the player base but input from 30%. So what inno misses out is accessing input from amazing vet players of game that been around 10-14 years. I know alot chose not to get involved as focused on their regular worlds, or avoid he never ending drama and seeing stuff like whatever the changing of rules or for players like me, to avoid the behavioiurs of the certain goups of troublesome players that seem to go as "event" regular players - tho i was assured events more welcoming for all players been kinda observing from all above that nothing changed much.

Know you expressed confusion about why people always complaining, but suggest look at your audience. Different players express concerns for different reasons. The group that are complaining about not good enough rewards (ie gringo) are the players joining in events, generally. The ones like myself and my friends (again in 12 worlds and shocking how little amount of team joins in), is they dont go to events, may see the (((above)) conflicts and say glad didnt go and fine with people bickering in their event worlds but dont want gringo guns to be given out to negatively impact regular worlds It is no lost that even tho people say eveyone has gringo weapons its usually this smaller group of community and regardless of how well managed/mismanaged events are (which is not our concern) seeing all the gringo impacts a DIFFERENT group of players seeing them gather up in one or two small towns with all guns along with inno event organizers - which we have seen have negative impact on regular wolds and wished the event world stuff stay far far far away from people's regular worlds.

So taking a bit of step back, the concerns are coming from different people for different reasons. Hope that clears up your confusion and feeling that can win for trying as no probably cant without keeping distinct difference between event worlds and regular worlds (as far as i know event worlds does 0 impact on bringing new playerrs to game so personally dont find it as the-west advertising tool, not sure if ever seen the "goal" of event worlds tbh

Again i am not intending on being insultive, just have unique perspective like many players of seeing things overall.

As promised, every time i post here will throw in "please merge low activity worlds" .. the poor peeps in colo that has to rank are feeling brunt of people wanting good big battles but only few worlds offer hat ... if you merge some of these smaller worlds then people can join in and make wildly fun and big batltes in addiiton to colo. There is few worlds that people flocking to in search for battles like AZ, colo, even new montana ... lets make that available for all players in many small worlds! (said i would say same plug everyitme, ty)

Annie-Bell

i have some friends and other team players win some gringo in other worlds and that is outside of the little group in colo,, whcih i dont think as impactful .. plus cheer when different people win stuff esp if coming out as rewards in event that impact other worlds as event worlds is not mandatory

martoru

changing a rule to stop nikos in last winter event was necesary evan sooner that was made, evan so he was not baned from event after all he did
(btw i see him became an expert in FF... probably multiple diggind and not atended give him a huge experience)

but changing rules that afect game play after event is start are not ok... to take also last winter event... after just 2 days to change bonus for workers till one particular lvl was a stupidity... how was fixed this stupidity with one evan bigger drop all LP for all clases... basicaly make a mess

fair solution in such cases is to end event , fix the problem and start a new server with optimal condition

Last edited:

Harriet Oleson

And not organising this kind of thing during a busy moment in normal servers, that could help too ... Cause a speed world requires a lot of time to play, but here, this was scheduled at a time where there were carnival's event (925 feathers to gather ...), burning spirits of the past questline (and some other time limited questlines too), coins' event, golden clovers' event, you even added more stuff to gather with this last one.

First time I was tempted to try a speed world though, but I barely manage to play the several other events at the same time, so adding to this a speed world, undoable for me. That's why I didn't even try. Just saying this in case that could help to gather more contestants next time : out of event period, that may be better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sequoyah

Do you like the dictatorship in the South however?
I see more and more people from there complaining about the lack of freedom - despite the victories....
Being a leader is not the same as being a dictator :hmf:
More people complaining ? Really?? In South?? :lol:
What I see is a team who is enjoying themselves, agree to follow leaders' instructions, work as a team for the benefit of all... and happens to win. It might be related who knows:'P

I very very rarely post on forum so I want to take this opportunity to thank the CMs/GMs for organising this event. Also thanks to all that try and contribute to make this event as good as possible, from both the North and the South team.

:up:

iulianp

The West Team
In-Game Supporter
Let's try to stay on topic, leave aside the accusations, there is no point here. If you have something to complain about a player, you can do so at support.

martoru

Let's try to stay on topic, leave aside the accusations, there is no point here. If you have something to complain about a player, you can do so at support.
again for inno fredom of speach mean nothing

discution was on topic about speed world not about global warming