Hello, here is my own feedback.
This event is a very good idea for fort fighters, we missed such event for long.
Usual speed events are for individual play and individual rewards. Fort battles are ridiculous there.
However I can imagine some improvements :
1. In the advertising of the event, the focus was made on "speed" but not much on "fort battles" that can explain several registrations were for speed instead of fort battles. May be also need to focus on active players needed. We want real good balance battles! With good lead, fort fulfilled, online players that follow orders, follow strategy, make money to buy stuff, construct forts...
2. The first day (for the vote) was too long without instructions and/or the first battle come too early. More time is needed between the end of the vote and the first battle in order to organize the teams, the town, the classes and tactics.... even launch some maneuvers to test tactics, compare damages... or to improve players in learning sector names, how to swap... or to understand different leaders speaking...
3. The "town leader" is a good idea and must have a seperate role from the battle leaders. It was well described in the rules of the event, I didn't feel it in practice. It seems to me like the town leader was the main battle leader.
(thanks to "you know who" for harassing us for farming and everything needed
4. Town Shops are equal from the cities, this is necessary. But Giving all items allowed in "Admin town" could unbalance sides, priority given to people able to spam money 10h/day (or more, my gosh). What is the aim of the event for Inno? giving fun or having connected players the whole day. I would prefer to give a small set of available items on town shops. There will be always a competition to the higher upgraded items but in a limited way.
5. Despite the fact it could be part of a tactic, there were to much forts to build
. So I understand the possibility given, even if we don't use it.
6. The time chosen for battles suits me well. In order to maximize the number of online players for balance battles, it's good to choose the better attendance. Which interest to have participants off in a championship?
7. Small forts and rewards. As you give reward on minimum number of fort battles played, don't program battles on small forts, where fighters will be kick off. If you force them to sign and to be at fort to compete for the reward, it disrupts the positionning plan established by leaders, and the fairplay within the team.
I am disappointed that not enough fort fighters join this event. I am pretty sure that with too much registrations the west team would have added towns and redrawn the timetable.
The most registrations will show the interest of the west community in Fort Battles.
For further variation of this kind of Fort Battles Event, refer to what have been done in the past on several servers.
Thanks to Syntex and his team that make it possible. Thanks to my townies and our leaders. Thanks for open discussions on appropriate gears and classes....
It could have be better, but at least it exists.