Feedback Speedevent - March(ing)!

Darkuletzz

We lost the small because of many reasons including 10+ offline/afk player and not have booby/viewfinder. In North we have 40 player needs to craft / building fort and you have 70. This makes a slight difference that most of South participating in small have at least 1 level 4/5 gear while we have only level 1 or 2.
they are NOT capped at the actually active player of each side, south have a clear advantage
Really my last post here, you guys had people with level 5 ff gun like 6.3KK (like 10 people) in your first attack, and we have people with level 1 or level 0 gun because they didnt have time to spam, I restricted upgrading the clothes at level 3 or 4 or gun at level 3 or 4 in the first 2 ff because everyone needed to be gear up , because players helped each other , I saw someone wearing american aspen at level 1 or 2 at the first fort fight instead of giving 2 aspen to other people, and he was black hat:). Thats why we had everyone gear up because we understand the type of event we had in front of us, not farming like selfish and upgrading level 5 gun in the first day.

DeletedUser15368

They made the balancing actions of the game non effective (random towns means that the numbers of non actives wasnt computable)
They also took spots that could be filled with active people if the event was more Popular ( i really hope it does in the future)
Therefore in the next events this people should be considered only if the available spots dont fill.
If someone cant spend at least some time in the event. There was no reason to participate in the first place. The battle and event schedule was there from the very beginning.
The whole penalty thing is been suggested on speed servers on the future which to me sounds fair.
The onus on more on us to make an event that people will stick around for, even if they lose the first battle. Better leader selection process and class reskilling should be built-in.
Not having enough players left in the game to push for quality over any applicant is a major issue everywhere that there's battles tbh, and any move to discourage future signups is a massive mistake. Some of the noobs of today are going to be the key people of the future.
Also I believe that as more of this style of event is held, the better people will understand what is expected of them (whether as a team player or a team leader), improving the quality of events/battles over time.

I had no idea how much time I'd spend on the event before it started, but I was lucky with my team and enjoyed being there. If we were to put ourselves in the opponent's shoes, I'm not sure how I'd have faired in The North, where the top players were playing for themselves and people started dropping off really early - leading to a snow-ball effect.

And I seem to remember certain players in the south complaining when the GM's declared Small Battles, as they were the only balanced option left, instead being in favour of further punishing the side that was bleeding out and having low-quality battles that it was not worth logging in for.

End of the day, more signups will make for a better event, as having more teams becomes viable - absolutely.

Last edited by a moderator:

aaaa11

Really my last post here, you guys had people with level 5 ff gun like 6.3KK (like 10 people) in your first attack, and we have people with level 1 or level 0 gun because they didnt have time to spam, I restricted upgrading the clothes at level 3 or 4 or gun at level 3 or 4 in the first 2 ff because everyone needed to be gear up , because players helped each other , I saw someone wearing american aspen at level 1 or 2 at the first fort fight instead of giving 2 aspen to other people, and he was black hat:). Thats why we had everyone gear up because we understand the type of event we had in front of us, not farming like selfish and upgrading level 5 gun in the first day.
that person who have level 5 gun does not even have level 1 cloth, they just tried upgrading gun before other things
... you mean dodgez wearing level 1 aspen? he is the only black hat...
I tried post in town chat and whisper player have low level gear, ask them to post something up for 1-300k, most of them do not respond... I'm not even a leader. a lot of others tried also
6.3KK not that much.. only 3000 jobs
and we don't have time to spam either, I end up with level 2/3 cloth and level 3/4 weapon (better than most North), slightly lower than the south team

pero131

The onus on more on us to make an event that people will stick around for, even if they lose the first battle. Better leader selection process and class reskilling should be built-in.
Not having enough players left in the game to push for quality over any applicant is a major issue everywhere that there's battles tbh, and any move to discourage future signups is a massive mistake. Some of the noobs of today are going to be the key people of the future.
Also I believe that as more of this style of event is held, the better people will understand what is expected of them (whether as a team player or a team leader), improving the quality of events/battles over time.

I had no idea how much time I'd spend on the event before it started, but I was lucky with my team and enjoyed being there. If we were to put ourselves in the opponent's shoes, I'm not sure how I'd have faired in The North, where the top players were playing for themselves and people started dropping off really early - leading to a snow-ball effect.

And I seem to remember certain players in the south complaining when the GM's declared Small Battles, as they were the only balanced option left, instead being in favour of further punishing the side that was bleeding out and having low-quality battles that it was not worth logging in for.

End of the day, more signups will make for a better event, as having more teams becomes viable - absolutely.
Lulu of course more people is the way to go on those events.
A penalty for the people signing up and not even logging in isnt something absurd. The Idea is that this will discourage players from entering any event and take spots from people that would spend time in there and in the end make the event more enjoyable.
It wasn't meant for people joining and middle way quit.
No one expects a player to go 100% .I myself was 0-2 hours and not every day in there. Logging in and helping your team is the bare minimum this event expects from people. Its ok to miss a day or three cause RL comes first.
As i said thats my opinion. So i am done here
See ya at the next one.

Sequoyah

because dark is a dictator, he forced every damager to go for full hp in first defense.... South should truly thank the north for having 30 less active players or Dark is going to let them go full hp in every defense. I would say even though we lose badly in later FF, they are much more fun than the first one where they go full hp.....
I am not sure how Darku being a "dictator" meant that the other team did not follow orders ? :huh:
Maybe next time we should have an event where the winning team is the one who has the most fun not the one that wins the FFs? :-D

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
There is a trade off when adding rules/penalties to the announcement regarding non-participation. I personally think what was included for this event is the most appropriate level of trade-off. Weaker would result in more players joining and creating false balance, stronger would have turned off a number of first timers or others who weren’t ready to commit.

The real issue was a lack of an announced plan to avoid or correct a participation imbalance, which is a criticism that can be considered in the future.