Speed World - Gold Rush - Discuss here

DeletedUser8627

You need to take GTA away from Twista and hold it ransom. You would have your list in 2 hours then :D

OH no no no no!

http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=725222&postcount=17

For those who are receiving emails about being inactive in world Gold Rush, you can ignore them. It is a standard email that is sent to all players that are inactive for certain intervals on a specific world.

I'll see if we can have this sorted out before the next speed world starts.

For those who are having their premium activated due to auto extend in world Gold Rush, and now cannot deactivate the auto-extend, we are working on this and will have your nuggets refunded as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36026

I, for one, loved playing in this event, even tho i didn't win a prize, i got to play some some really great people.
I do have a question regarding the title? Where did it come from?
Is it a take on the name Speedy Gonzales, that moused from the cartoons? Maybe some sort of copyright thing, therefore, Speedy Gonzarlis instead of Speedy Gonzales?

Just wondering.

DeletedUser

Any word yet on when next speed world (still gold rush?) will start up?
[FONT=&quot]Just curi[/FONT]ous, seems like now would be a good time!
[FONT=&quot]Could get a months game play in before thanksgiving and give the developers time to figure out changes needed to launch a game between thanksgiving & Christmas :) (No pressure)[/FONT]

DeletedUser36011

Any word yet on when next speed world (still gold rush?) will start up?
[FONT=&quot]Just curi[/FONT]ous, seems like now would be a good time!
[FONT=&quot]Could get a months game play in before thanksgiving and give the developers time to figure out changes needed to launch a game between thanksgiving & Christmas :) (No pressure)[/FONT]

I dont think a new one is the focus right now. Nor are regional holidays like Thanksgiving a big factor in the release. I would predict that the next one would be after Xmas. You dont want to have too many of those sort of things too close together for one, plus there is an upcoming Oktoberfest Event + Xmas/New Year event+festivities(one of two global holiday times recognised by Inno with a 'break period')

DeletedUser

phil_harrison_crystal_ball_lg.jpg

DeletedUser21794

Hi All,

Is this format of world ever to return to this game again ??

Sorry to bring up and old thread but wanted to see if any new ideas

DeletedUser22685

The intention is to have more speed worlds in the future, but there's no potential time frame available just yet.

DeletedUser36011

The intention is to have more speed worlds in the future, but there's no potential time frame available just yet.

Problem is that in the future, the speed world rewards set become more and more useless as time goes by with the actual time gap between each new speed world. By the time any one person would be able to get remotely close to finishing the set, the speed world set is going to be something worse than what a Doc's set is to a dueler right now.

DeletedUser

Problem is that in the future, the speed world rewards set become more and more useless as time goes by with the actual time gap between each new speed world. By the time any one person would be able to get remotely close to finishing the set, the speed world set is going to be something worse than what a Doc's set is to a dueler right now.

Did you expect the speed worlds to be run to help players acquire something? They are of course run to ensure revenue, and since few have been run, they did not make the ROI cut.
After the first tombola, it was very quickly decided to run 4 a year; again an ROI decision.

Good luck collecting the future Doc set :)
Good analogy btw.

-xq

DeletedUser36011

Did you expect the speed worlds to be run to help players acquire something? They are of course run to ensure revenue, and since few have been run, they did not make the ROI cut.
After the first tombola, it was very quickly decided to run 4 a year; again an ROI decision.

Good luck collecting the future Doc set :)
Good analogy btw.

-xq

Of course they werent to acquire something, but when a reward is given, at least make it useful, especially when it was an advertising factor on behalf of The West. As for revenue, I've seen conversations from Inno staff, yes it had plenty of investment, not nearly as much as quarterly events, but the staff involved were still very happy with the income that the speed world generated.