Speed Up Fort Battles

DeletedUser1105

The Problem
Waiting over a minute in between rounds in a fort battle makes them very long winded.

The Solution
Decrease the wait time between rounds. Personally, I would recommend a 25 second window between rounds to allow everyone to choose a new target to move to. That time is more than adequate and will speed up fort battles immensely.

One Armed Ninja

It's not really about adequate times, but to the fact they need to be able to draw them out somehow. 1500 exp for 10 minutes work just wouldn't fit in line with the rest of the game.

Red Falcon

Well, I am not sure how this idea comes into play, as far as gaining exp and the time frame is concerned. Will the owner of this idea please clarify it? :nowink:

DeletedUser

I agree Sdj. This fort battle on w10 seemed like it took Forever! well it did take forever, Like 45 rounds or something.I like the 25 second window better then a minute..

DeletedUser

Thats because the fort's defenders had to go out and "attack" the attackers who hung around in their corners!

But maybe the OP is right some kind of change is required but you have to remember the battle is desgined to be turn based to allow people plan their move and execute.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Effective comunication during a co-ordinated attack is hard enough just now without reducing the time frame more :eek:hmy:

DeletedUser

It's not really about adequate times, but to the fact they need to be able to draw them out somehow. 1500 exp for 10 minutes work just wouldn't fit in line with the rest of the game.

one armed ninja is spot on as to why the devs havent im sure. maybe make it so that a fort battle keeps you at the fort for at least say 2 hours?

DeletedUser

Effective comunication during a co-ordinated attack is hard enough just now without reducing the time frame more :eek:hmy:

I agree. And once they stick a chat window in fort battles, everyone will be wanting more time, not less.

DeletedUser1105

I disagree. It doesn't take long for the appointed person to shout out orders in a chat room. And it doesn't take long for people to follow those orders.

In fact, having a shorter time frame would make that better - as then the better organised teams will be rewarded.

It strikes me as very odd that a game like this where you need minimal interaction (i.e. you don't need to be online all the time) has a massive game feature that can keep you at your computer for over an hour. And most of that time is spent doing nothing.

As for the xp gain to time taken ratio, I'd be happy to follow the idea above, and have my player 'locked down' at the fort for a period of time afterwards. As long as that was set up so you could queue something up for when that time runs down it would work.

DeletedUser

one armed ninja is spot on as to why the devs havent im sure. maybe make it so that a fort battle keeps you at the fort for at least say 2 hours?

I can very rarely be online for a medium length battle, let alone have 2 hours to spare and I'm sure many players are the same.

I disagree. It doesn't take long for the appointed person to shout out orders in a chat room. And it doesn't take long for people to follow those orders.

In fact, having a shorter time frame would make that better - as then the better organised teams will be rewarded.

It strikes me as very odd that a game like this where you need minimal interaction (i.e. you don't need to be online all the time) has a massive game feature that can keep you at your computer for over an hour. And most of that time is spent doing nothing.

As for the xp gain to time taken ratio, I'd be happy to follow the idea above, and have my player 'locked down' at the fort for a period of time afterwards. As long as that was set up so you could queue something up for when that time runs down it would work.

Yep, you nailed it.

DeletedUser

he said pretty much what i said in more deatail, i said keeps you at the fort not keeps you at the computer

DeletedUser

This will always be a matter of personal preference & circumstance. While I perfectly understand the reasons given, it wouldn't suit me personally to speed things up. I actually enjoy the time in between the flurry of activity as I use this time to keep track of different people in the battle, to observe (and learn from) the various tactics people employ, and even to identify the most dangerous enemies, or group of enemies.

That said, ours is a very active fort-fighting town (we had 20 at this morning's battle in support of a valued ally, including one who was out shopping at the time!), with what we like to think are highly-developed tactics for teamwork and cooperation. We consider each battle to be a learning experience, so for every battle in which we 'officially' participate - as a town - a report is posted to the town forum highlighting both good and bad tactics witnessed (on both sides), and of course the results of our own efforts, both as individuals and as a team.

In essence, it would be fair to say that we make the most of the time allowed between rounds and I for one certainly don't view this as "wasted" time - nor do the ever-improving results of our battles suggest otherwise!

But I do appreciate that for many this is probably not an issue. Pity, really.