Speed Rounds

DeletedUser563

Proposal
My idea is speed rounds similar too Tribal Wars
Too quote them to make it more understandable for some players unfamiliar with Tribal Wars "Speed rounds are a modified game versions of the original game. They are played with a much higher speed (e.g. 120 times) and last somewhere between a few hours and a few weeks". Players join free but can buy premium for duration at small price best players get rewarded in some manner not nuggets.(Ideas welcomed here). To help some confusion a speed round is separate from the normal worlds it is like a new world except only for a set time say 3 days or 1 week etc.

Current Workaround
No it was not introduced earlier. Forced sleep mode to make playing fields equal.

Details
Jobs is completed in say 15 secs , 30 secs and 1 minutes timeframes instead of usual 30 minutes 1 hour we now have. A minute equals an hour. So jobs at max 1 minute sleep 8 minutes Everything else including quests work on the same principle and for the same rewards. No forts or fort battles as this wouldn't be practical. For practicality you duel a player in his town. Time factor is the only big detractor too counter thus depending on the length of a round the normal exp to gain a new level is reduced by a factor. This will be calculated on a best case scenario of what is the shortest time a player can normally get too level 120 for example in the time provided. Calculating there would be 960 hours in a normal day equals 40 days in normal world. Say speed round is 3 days then it would be 120 normal days +- 4 months. If a player can reach level 120 or whatever in 8 months in normal time for example the exp required is halved.

Optional: Automation is extended to say allow 30 jobs in a queue. If using nuggets as a buy in full automation is included but based on the old worlds. Queuing up sleep at hotel recharges your energy so that you can immediately place jobs after the sleep. Or every player has more energy so that a player can queue a certain amount time before returning to the game. Because of short time you can access your town whenever your in the same block or can queue up job deposit money.

Abuse Prevention
I cannot foresee any abuse other than what the rewards will be perhaps items or medals in current world.

Visual Aids
Included as there still is too much confusion about what a speed round is.
photostream

98c2i4

Summary
Why Innogames will benifit. More nuggets may be bought.
Community: Speed rounds was always fun in Tribal Wars . Real time action would be fun as well in The West. Ideas and theories maybe worked on and tested in a very quick time. 1 to 2 days instead of months and years. 100% Activity.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes as far as I know.
Is this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No searched under titles.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Huh?
I'm not sure if I understood this... You want jobtimes to go minutes instead of hours?

DeletedUser

I'm not playing Tribal Wars, but I'm saying no to this, because I don't think that I would like the premium players or nuggets users to have more advantages than they already have on 'ordinary' players, like me.
don't you think that cutting the traveling time, depositing money without fees and other advantages are enough?

DeletedUser

Dude, in case you haven't noticed, they made 4 worlds already with doubled-up speed. They are never going to make it faster that that.

DeletedUser563

Its not another world. Its a speed round. They are not creating another permanent world. Like a contest . You enter play a few hours or days and its finished. Its not what they are going to do or not its what you think about the idea. Innogames is a company they have programmers, analysts and project managers working for them permanently with set vacations. (I presume) So dont know why everybody is so worried about overworking them. You can do a load of programming in a year and they chose that work presumably because they like doing it?? So stop worrying about what they are going to or capable of doing just tell us what you think about the idea. But I will take the last response as a no.

DeletedUser

Its not another world. Its a speed round. They are not creating another permanent world. Like a contest . You enter play a few hours or days and its finished. Its not what they are going to do or not its what you think about the idea. Innogames is a company they have programmers, analysts and project managers working for them permanently with set vacations. (I presume) So dont know why everybody is so worried about overworking them. You can do a load of programming in a year and they chose that work presumably because they like doing it?? So stop worrying about what they are going to or capable of doing just tell us what you think about the idea. But I will take the last response as a no.
Yes you are right, Innogames is a company with programmers and other staff who presumably like what they are doing. How ever you have to understand the limitations of programming and what goes into it. Programming takes time (alot of time in some cases). There is a point in every profession or task that is undertaken where the time invested is not worth the return you get from that time invested. There is a fancy word for this in economics but I don't remember what it is called at the moment. The idea you are suggesting would require a major rework to alot of the games programming and sub routines. Most likely it would require making a separate game world. To try and implement this idea into a current game world would require alot of work. That work is time that could be spent making many more other improvements as opposed to just the one improvement you are talking about. You're right, a load of programming can be done in one year. But is it better to do many smaller things or one big thing? Especially if the big thing is of questionable value in the big picture. Not that I think your idea is bad. Ideas are good. But I don't think it really fits in with the premise of the game.

I find it interesting and disturbing that you said this:
So dont know why everybody is so worried about overworking them. .... So stop worrying about what they are going to or capable of doing...
Think about it from your prospective for a minute. Do you care if others overwork you or if they care about what you are going to do or what you are capable of doing? Do unto others as you would have done onto you. The people you refer to who are worrying about overworking the programmers or about what they do or are capable of doing I believe probably have a far better understanding of what goes into making a program than you seem to. I'm not saying that to be mean. But I do think you need to look at the bigger picture.

Quite frankly, my friend, if this game is not fast paced enough for you maybe it would be best to find a game that suits your tastes better. I think the programmers here do work to make this an enjoyable game for the majority of the community. Not just to tailor it to the tastes of one or a few individuals.

Besides:
Dude, in case you haven't noticed, they made 4 worlds already with doubled-up speed. They are never going to make it faster than that.

DeletedUser

worked in tribal wars, and they just did it in grepolis and worked there too.

completely different styles of game to thewest and i dont think it would work here

how would travel time work?

how would duels work? if you proposing 60 minutes = 60 seconds, then 10 minutes = 10 seconds?

while i like the idea of getting 6 duels done in one minute, dont think it would fly

DeletedUser563

This is not a discussion about programming or the workload of the developers. Stop trying to turn every topic into this. Its possible and you only have to create one world which you re-use and reset at the start of each round. Don't you think the speed rounds at Tribal Wars and Grepolis(??????) took more time to design and program. Grepolis has like 200 oceans versus The Wests 40 blocks and even Tribal Wars is in fact a much more complicated and expansive game. Your forgetting code re-use, object programming(not certain if they do it here) and databases. Depending on how they operate it may only require taking an old world putting the code on a different server and changing a few of the variables or classes.(Usually these worlds are on speed servers) .They can always simplify the world since of course traveling 1 hour would equate to 1 minute. I would however say no to that. Keep everything as in the real game. Like I said the only thing that will not work is fort battles therefore I excluded it from the start. To focus this discussion I think we should avoid programming workload as nobody except the developers know how much works goes into creating a world. We can only speculate. I would allow a developer to comment about it but for the rest just tell us if they did it would you like it, that's all and raise game related objections. The point about dueling is valid but remember the person still has to travel to a town. He still has health to consider etc. He can still be knocked out. Therefore I would say reduce everything to that one unit of time the minute to keep it fair and like the normal The West. That would allow a dueler the same opportunity as say a person that do jobs and quests. Any furthermore programming discussions and programmer's workload discussions I will try to avoid. Please keep your objections game related.

DeletedUser22575

You don't seem to get it, there is no real interest in this

DeletedUser563

You don't seem to get it, there is no real interest in this
Why don't you give more people an opportunity to comment before coming to judgmental observations like that. How can you say from 6 comments there is no interest. Is there 6 players on each world. Game related objections and please don't get personal. Keep it simple. Discuss the idea not me.

DeletedUser

I think it's interesting, although I don't know enough to say whether I would participate or not. What happens when it's over?

DeletedUser563

I think it's interesting, although I don't know enough to say whether I would participate or not. What happens when it's over?

In Tribal wars they usually give you a summary of the result of the speed round i.e your rank etc. if your amongst the first few ranks they give you a prize. In this case presumably items,medals or usable products(say 100 liquorices for 1st or charlatan shoes or themed medal "Winner Year 1923 Speed Round"). Not 100% clear on what would be acceptable prizes except that nuggets is not allowed. Thereafter well its over like a normal contest and you can resume your normal worlds.

DeletedUser

is it a one time fee of 50 nuggets to get in, all premiums included? or do you have to pay for premiums on top of the fee?

Also in the other games do they make the rewards worthwhile?

DeletedUser563

wyndl . Usually you pay in premium points in Tribal Wars to join or have to have premium. Rewards there is also in premium points. However since nuggets cannot be received it probably would have to be something else. And yes they make the rewards worthwhile since you have longer premium.

Here is an example. .#881 6-hour bash, no nobling
Start: Thursday, 23/12/10 17:00
End: Thursday, 23/12/10 23:00
Description: Players start with increased building levels (HQ 3, Warehouse 3, Timber 3, Iron 3, Clay 3, Hiding place 1).
The farm limit is active. Per farm level, 150 units are supported.
25 minutes beginner protection.
No paladin.
No archers.
Simple tech smithy.
Fake limit active. Minimum attack force is 1 per cent of village points.
Barbs and bonus villages grow to 1500 points.
3-member tribe limit. No attacking tribemates. No leaving tribe. No outside support.
Ability to choose starting direction.
Player limit: 100
Requirements for victory: Top player receives 100 premium points

Bash round. Opponents defeated as attacker wins the round. Per farm level only 150 defensive units are supported - for 4500 total at level 30 farm. More than that fights with reduced efficiency. Details.
Speed: 400
Unit speed: .5
Sleep mode: No
Account sitting: No
Morale: No
Building queue: Yes

the winner gets 100 premium points. If I remembered correctly you just had to have premium active to join no buy in. 100 premium is therefore 14 days extra premium. Nuggets cant be a price. Best would be to make it free and allow premium for duration. Paying in using game cash or nuggets might come off too much as gambling. Free with option for premium would be the best and rewards items etc. I know the graphic contests has special items as prices. Perhaps ice gun , turtle for 5 days etc.(if allowed)

ps the turtle is a riding animal that gives you think 6000% speed on the map.

DeletedUser

the reason i used the other 2 games as examples is that they both are players attacking players. the west isnt like that. you have jobbers, and builders, and questers. not just duelers and fort fights

and in your speed round, there couldnt be any fort fights cuz it would take waaaaaaaay too much time, so it would be pointless to even try

you try comparing the 200 oceans of grepolis to the 40 sectors of thewest? well grepolis if you arent an aggressor you usually end up on the rim by playing turtle

both of those games have a pretty basic goal. kill the other guy to get bigger to kill the next guy etc.

the west you are a one man show...choose your own adventure so to speak, and i seriously doubt there would be enough interest to have people pay nuggets just to be allowed to play the speed world

but power to ya if you convince i guess.....i wouldnt join

Deleted User - 1278415

No forts or fort battles as this wouldn't be practical.

Sorry this is the death nail to your idea, our fort battles are in real time and this could only be practical during our 2 times of peace. Christmas and New years Day. Otherwise fort battles will take place anytime 24/7

I know the graphic contests has special items as prices. Perhaps ice gun , turtle for 5 days etc.(if allowed)

ps the turtle is a riding animal that gives you think 6000% speed on the map.

Yea no one gets the turtle but the devs or GM-NPC's bring your dreams down a notch and dont try to sell people on this idea in hopes of getting the turtle. Maybe an elephant gun is about all you would get out of a special event prize here.

I find your idea really changes the concept of the game in a sense of cheating, that if it were implemented then the players with gold nuggets become even stronger and then those who hate premiums will cry foul and want to leave because players were given unfair advantages by speeding through several levels through speed events. This should only be done on a world from the beginning, ie world 15 or 16 someday... but not to a world that has been going on for a year or more.

So I'll "again" :eek: agree with TJ, who said we are not interested in this, I'm not interested in this idea either. NEXT

DeletedUser22575

Sorry this is the death nail to your idea, our fort battles are in real time and this could only be practical during our 2 times of peace. Christmas and New years Day. Otherwise fort battles will take place anytime 24/7

Yea no one gets the turtle but the devs or GM-NPC's bring your dreams down a notch and dont try to sell people on this idea in hopes of getting the turtle. Maybe an elephant gun is about all you would get out of a special event prize here.

I find your idea really changes the concept of the game in a sense of cheating, that if it were implemented then the players with gold nuggets become even stronger and then those who hate premiums will cry foul and want to leave because players were given unfair advantages by speeding through several levels through speed events. This should only be done on a world from the beginning, ie world 15 or 16 someday... but not to a world that has been going on for a year or more.

So I'll "again" :eek: agree with TJ, who said we are not interested in this, I'm not interested in this idea either. NEXT

:eek: GF, again !

Not only that, setting this up if it even would be possible considering the difference between The West and these other games would take dev time.

Dev time that is needed to fix bugs and for new quests, in particular for those over level 99 now that the cap has been taken off.

That time would be better spent for the majority than to give the few premmie players who might be interested an additional edge in the game.

Deleted User - 1278415

TJ shhh... Jakkals doesnt like to talk about developer time.... as there are probably loopholes that need to be plugged and new story lines that need to be written... but we should take time out of their non-busy schedule to copy some code from grepo or tribal for a speed option that no one really wants here and... (Wait a min after I reread what I typed) ----> they may actually just do something like this by popular demand lol :laugh:

DeletedUser563

Its not part of an existing world. It will never be part and could never be part of an existing world. The one point many didn't understand at all judging by the replies(my viewpoint). I played Tribal Wars speed rounds. It was great fun. So if you really want to expand your knowledge go play it and then you may understand what I mean by "speed rounds". Furthermore not for premium alone read my last post. I changed(suggested) it so that you can freely register with an option of buying a small premium too allow everybody to participate. Lastly on the ppl that insist on dragging the developers into every argument. It is usually developed on a smaller scale than a real world 5 x 5 grid (for example)instead of normal 40 block. Limited participation etc. I would prefer normal world but optionally you can change the size and drop some elements to simplify programming if needed.
What bugs, they beta test this game I experience almost zero bugs since I switched the game to Safari from Internet Explorer. Don't be surprised if the developers anyway bring it in as they have brought it into all other Innogames games that I am aware of. Lastly I would like it if you don't so be it. Please don't quote anything I say anymore. Most people can follow threads more easily without a hundred quotes that refer to parts of the thread(My opinion). This is my last response to the detractors of this idea I think I have covered most of your objections.

DeletedUser22575

Its not part of an existing world. It will never be part and could never be part of an existing world. The one point many didn't understand at all judging by the replies(my viewpoint). I played Tribal Wars speed rounds. It was great fun. So if you really want to expand your knowledge go play it and then you may understand what I mean by "speed rounds". Furthermore not for premium alone read my last post. I changed(suggested) it so that you can freely register with an option of buying a small premium too allow everybody to participate. Lastly on the ppl that insist on dragging the developers into every argument. It is usually developed on a smaller scale than a real world 5 x 5 grid (for example)instead of normal 40 block. Limited participation etc. I would prefer normal world but optionally you can change the size and drop some elements to simplify programming if needed.
What bugs, they beta test this game I experience almost zero bugs since I switched the game to Safari from Internet Explorer. Don't be surprised if the developers anyway bring it in as they have brought it into all other Innogames games that I am aware of. Lastly I would like it if you don't so be it. Please don't quote anything I say anymore. Most people can follow threads more easily without a hundred quotes that refer to parts of the thread(My opinion). This is my last response to the detractors of this idea I think I have covered most of your objections.

I have played both TW and their speed worlds. If I wanted to play them I would still be doing so..in TW.

No need for The West to be TW. And I would be very surprised if they brought it here where it would have little profit and little participation.