Special Items from Premium chests

DeletedUser35321

Again Micky, you guys don't understand my point. Howdah and Golden Tomahawk are worth 3-5 million on market, and for way smaller amount of money, you can upgrade Sharp Nickel Plated tomahawk to be better, for example, if you bring it to level 3 , it will be better than Golden Tomahawk. http://prntscr.com/6hutna That is level 3 tomahawk, and to upgrade it , you need 27 basic ones, that will cost you around 450-500k$. Additional expenses of upgrading add too, so total money that you need to invest IN SHOP ITEM, is around 700k or so, so you make it better than special items. I am not speaking to have 3 of them and upgrade them,but they should be changed and increased damage and added stats.

DeletedUser35533

Again Micky, you guys don't understand my point. Howdah and Golden Tomahawk are worth 3-5 million on market, and for way smaller amount of money, you can upgrade Sharp Nickel Plated tomahawk to be better, for example, if you bring it to level 3 , it will be better than Golden Tomahawk. http://prntscr.com/6hutna That is level 3 tomahawk, and to upgrade it , you need 27 basic ones, that will cost you around 450-500k$. Additional expenses of upgrading add too, so total money that you need to invest IN SHOP ITEM, is around 700k or so, so you make it better than special items. I am not speaking to have 3 of them and upgrade them,but they should be changed and increased damage and added stats.
so their value is falling. how is that any different form all the other expensive items that lost their value?

DeletedUser35321

You never had items like that, and that is main reason why you are against them. You got no idea how much effort do people put to find one, and that's why you don't care and only want to make people think negative about them.

DeletedUser36979

You never had items like that, and that is main reason why you are against them. You got no idea how much effort do people put to find one, and that's why you don't care and only want to make people think negative about them.

I'd say Howdah and GT have had their time, and they had it for a long time. I have an event winners weapon-set, it was only among the most powerful weapons for around 3 month, then nexct event started and it was surpassed by new weapons, and that is how it should be if you want a power increase in a game...

Like I said before: if special weapons needs an overhaul, give it to all of them, not just two or three of them.

DeletedUser35533

and how do you know what items I have had over the years or how much effort I have put into the game? as I said this has happened to many other items and I see no logical reason why these 2 should be the exception,if you care about fairness(it seems like you only care about your own power loss) make a list of all the items and come up with specific modifications, at this point your idea sounds like those "you know what devs should do, make fort fight more interesting, yeah do that" type stuff. how much damage or skill points are we talking about? if the idea goes to vote that may be a key factor in how people vote. also they may add some points and you may think them too few.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36559

So you save yourself 9-15 million by upgrading a Sharp Nickel Plated tomahawk for a total of roughly 700k. You are saving yourself a lot of money and getting a huge bargain than if you tried to buy GTs/Howdah's from market or buying 25 Premium chests. Do you want their stats to be even stronger than upgraded items only because you have one and others don't?

Pankreas PorFavor

basically, this idea says - once you get an item that is the best in it's category (best weapon, best fort gun, best boots, best horse...), it is not allowed to introduce a new item that is going to be better? that idea is ridiculous.
"I have a howdah pistol, and now other people will have a better weapon than I have. dear Innogames, please don't allow this, I deserve to always have the best weapon in the game because I am so special." no way, that doesn't make any sense.

DeletedUser36702

While I do concur with your statement, a level 5 weapon/gun should not be as powerful as it is. For instance, a level 5 precise navy revolver (which costs around 4 million) can deal 177-225 damage (161% weapon damage), which is obviously overpowered. Also, a level 2 precise navy revolver (which costs only 207k) is still stronger than a Howdah/GT. I find that ridiculous as most people can easily afford to make this whereas it took far more effort to get the Howdah/GT. As such, I think that you should either lower the weapon/gun upgrade bonus or cap the bonus at level 3 or even 4, at a 33% bonus and 46% bonus, respectively. While I think that upgrading is a good feature, weapons/guns become far too powerful when you reach level 4-5.

DeletedUser36979

While I do concur with your statement, a level 5 weapon/gun should not be as powerful as it is. For instance, a level 5 precise navy revolver (which costs around 4 million) can deal 177-225 damage (161% weapon damage), which is obviously overpowered. Also, a level 2 precise navy revolver (which costs only 207k) is still stronger than a Howdah/GT. I find that ridiculous as most people can easily afford to make this whereas it took far more effort to get the Howdah/GT. As such, I think that you should either lower the weapon/gun upgrade bonus or cap the bonus at level 3 or even 4, at a 33% bonus and 46% bonus, respectively. While I think that upgrading is a good feature, weapons/guns become far too powerful when you reach level 4-5.

A level 5 precise navy revolver would cast a lot more than your 4 million... it will cost you 7.285.000, and the damage would only be 150% not 161... not sure where you got those numbers from.

A level 5 item will net you 422 times the purchase price, not just the 243 times for the products. And upgrades are 10% per level.

And I still think GT/Howdah and other special weapons, like my own "Nihon no Buki" set, have had their time, and it is time for new weapons on the scene.

DeletedUser36702

Sorry about that. I was unaware of how the upgrading price or upgrade damage worked (I assumed that the 10% bonus multiplied with the base damage rather than added to it) so thanks for informing me otherwise. However, I am still unsure of how you got 422 items (I calculated that it would be 324) but that is probably an error on my part.

Edit: Indeed, I was wrong about the upgrade. It is 422 (I was unaware of how much the upgrades cost).

Regardless, these revisions do little to diminish the fact that the weapons are overpowered. Even at 150%, a level 4-5 precise navy revolver remains unfair (154- 196 damage and 165-210 damage, respectively). If anyone were to get their hands on one, they can potentially do 800 damage headshots. I think that a vast consensus would agree with the premise that 800 damage headshots are unfair. Even if you were to say that a level 5 precise navy revolver is expensive, many higher leveled players can still afford it. If not, then you should still remember that a level 2 precise navy revolver does the same average damage as a Howdah and costs only 241.5k.

While I am not opposed to the concept of the Howdah/GT/Event Weapons being overtaken, that does not mean they should be absolutely irrelevant/underpowered compared to these weapons.

DeletedUser34430

3^n = How many products you need for level n

Which means that you'd need 3^5 items to make a level 5 item.
3^5 = 243 items.

Add in the additional fees of which I am not aware of currently.

The navy revolver is around the howdah's price, but does much more damage on average and is arguably far more effective due to its stats. The upgrades might spin this game on its head, but at least it allows us to reevaluate the efficacy of cheap unnamed/named items. Honestly, I would rather have the tombola items become weaker and the upgrades less considerable, games are better when we deal with fewer and smaller numbers.

Cap a weapon's damage potential at level 2 or so and allow its stats to flourish to level 5 maybe. Just avoid any silly 150-250 damage weapons, which will beat the game's balance to a pulp. Or a max increase of 7 damage per level.

DeletedUser35003

restructuring of GT/Howdah

Inno has always pushed GT/Howdah as "special" items (as prizes, lottery items, etc.) Their stats have been changed nearly a half-dozen times in the past (damage, lvl requirement, etc). With the new update that has virtually made them obsolete, can we promote the idea of having their stats re-adjusted again to reflect some sort of "specialness"?

asdf124

3^n = How many products you need for level n

Which means that you'd need 3^5 items to make a level 5 item.
3^5 = 243 items.

Add in the additional fees of which I am not aware of currently.

The navy revolver is around the howdah's price, but does much more damage on average and is arguably far more effective due to its stats. The upgrades might spin this game on its head, but at least it allows us to reevaluate the efficacy of cheap unnamed/named items. Honestly, I would rather have the tombola items become weaker and the upgrades less considerable, games are better when we deal with fewer and smaller numbers.

Cap a weapon's damage potential at level 2 or so and allow its stats to flourish to level 5 maybe. Just avoid any silly 150-250 damage weapons, which will beat the game's balance to a pulp. Or a max increase of 7 damage per level.

Precise colt dragoon has a high maxi, you don't need tier 5 of that either.

Well, as the others said, if you overhaul those two items, you'd need to overhaul every other item which is pretty rare (this includes level 100 named items and innogames belt+event winners)

Just to be fair.

Hence the reason why I kinda want to say yes, but overall, I think its not a great idea as micky stated that the gap will be a lot larger

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Overlook by developers

I believe this happened by mistake (overlooked) while introducing the upgrading option, i wonder why this wasn't realized on beta.

But this failure is affecting a minority (Those who holds Howdah/GT/Event Prized Guns) and majority of players enjoys this situation.

Definitely appreciate INNO, if they could come up with a solution.

Thanks.
GA

DeletedUser20647

I believe this happened by mistake (overlooked) while introducing the upgrading option, i wonder why this wasn't realized on beta.

But this failure is affecting a minority (Those who holds Howdah/GT/Event Prized Guns) and majority of players enjoys this situation.

Definitely appreciate INNO, if they could come up with a solution.

Thanks.
GA
Not a mistake. Point was raised on beta and ignored.

Page 5 and on about this subject:
http://forum.beta.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=2671

DeletedUser34408

Remove the items that can be found jobbing from Premium Chests!