RP Discussion Sparse Road- Development RP

DeletedUser

I think Trotsky proved the deadliness of an Ice pick quite nicely, What about big rigs and AFV's any scope for them? though I admit AFVs of any description would be very rare.

Of course there will be big rigs. But no AFV's. Only civilian vehicles modified into AFV's...

DeletedUser

Most recent update: I've got several rifles & Shotguns up, chopped, and varied. Sawn offs, Sawn offs with the butt stock still, and the full sized ones. Eventually I'll work in the reasoning for sawing down a perfectly good Rem. 700, and give a good reason for it and whatnot.

Here's the guns I have up so far, Pumps, doubles, and a few rifles:

Stoeger Uplander (Double Set triggers)

Stoeger Uplander Supreme (one trigger)

Stoeger Double Defense (TactiCOOL! double barreled shotgun)

Ruger Red Label Over/Under (A great and reliable over-under)

Winchester 1895 (The 2nd Best)

Marlin 336 (The Durable)

Winchester 1894 (The light & Manuverable)

Browning BLR (The Strong)

And then, we have the single shots...

Ruger No. 1 Tropical (Supports various calibers!)

(All below are Uberti)

Special Sharps (greatest accuracy vs equalized counterparts)

Trapdoor Springfield Carbine (Quickest old model reloader)

Rolling Block Hunter Carbine (30-30 alternative)

1885 High Wall Sporter (2nd only in accuracy to the Sharps, but can also hold larger .45 rounds)

*MORE TO COME*
Including explanation

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28032

From what I can remember, sawing the barrel down will give you a better spread but with less accuracy (Ideal for clearing a room) as for chopping off the stock the only reason I can think of is to reduce size and weight

DeletedUser

Update:

Three unique weapons to the "Rasputin's Vanguards" Tribe.
(Due to stupid red x's for pictures, I have to post links instead of pics until I can find an alternative host to the corrupted imageshack)

http://img257.imageshack.us/i/1288257188edited.jpg/

The Vanguard's special and unique weapon, the SGR-5 (Skill Grade Rifle Mark-5) rifle is an all-purpose rifle custom built by the Vanguards from instructions and blueprints from 1940's Germany. The SGR-5 is well known in the wasteland for it's superb accuracy and legendary reliablity. The SGR-5's steel construction and solid wood protect it from the elements, and the sealed chambers and magazine prevent dust and sand from getting inside the firearm.

http://img823.imageshack.us/i/1288257188swnoffedited.jpg/

Shortened down for maximum manuverability and still the accuracy that it can be renouned for, the shorter SGR-5 is larger and more accurate than any other sawn off gun, at the expense of being a Carbine rather than a true sawn down weapon.

http://img811.imageshack.us/i/1288257188obarezedited.jpg/

The Obrez model of the SGR-5 is a handy weapon, though larger and less-well formed than any of the other Obrez models. The only decent reasoning as to be using an SGR-5 Obrez is for if nothing else is avalible, and you've got a big enough caliber load to shoot off. The Obrez format is only reccomended for the 7mm WSM round, for maximum effect.

DeletedUser

Is anyone still interested in this Roleplay, because I'm just wanting feedback on the idea for rifles I've brought up.

DeletedUser28032

I am still interested I just thought you were deep in thought :) yeah the rifles look good, any special kit for the other two factions? personally i'd have thought "The Patriots" would be liable to be toting old US Army gear...Uniforms as well probably.

DeletedUser13682

Rifles are ok, but I think there should be the AR-15, AK-47 (Both semi-auto only), they are very popular rifles in America, and ammo for them is not so uncommon, and again, the M1 Garand and M1 Carbine, they still make the Carbine, and 30-06 ammo is still manufactured for the Garand. I also think there should be some .22 rifles in there, mainly for practice, but maybe also for hunting small things.

DeletedUser

Rifles are ok, but I think there should be the AR-15, AK-47 (Both semi-auto only), they are very popular rifles in America, and ammo for them is not so uncommon, and again, the M1 Garand and M1 Carbine, they still make the Carbine, and 30-06 ammo is still manufactured for the Garand. I also think there should be some .22 rifles in there, mainly for practice, but maybe also for hunting small things.

Of course they will be in there! But I've got to work out reasoning so that not everyone is armed to the teeth with a bundle of AR's and AK's. M1 Carbine models won't be though. Mini-14s and SKS's are likely, instead. Browning BAR Safari's will be in the place of the M1 Garand.

If only I had some kind of tool to randomly calculate someone's equipment range... :hmf:

DeletedUser28032

How about a simple points system. Give everyone 5pts to spend on guns, a pistol or hand weapon is 1pt, rifle/shotgun is three (cut down models are 2pt) a heavy calibre sniper rifle or a .30 Cal is 4pt.
That way yes you can carry a super gun but its your only weapon it would also encourage people to use the sawn down versions of weapons. well thats the basic idea anyway it'd need refining in order to implement it

DeletedUser

How about a simple points system. Give everyone 5pts to spend on guns, a pistol or hand weapon is 1pt, rifle/shotgun is three (cut down models are 2pt) a heavy calibre sniper rifle or a .30 Cal is 4pt.
That way yes you can carry a super gun but its your only weapon it would also encourage people to use the sawn down versions of weapons. well thats the basic idea anyway it'd need refining in order to implement it

I guess that could work. I'm just afraid of complications though.

DeletedUser

Formulas, varrying based on Faction. (Many thanks to Alawa, who's points system I am using many aspects from. She be ok with it Im sure)

Attributes

Abilities

Talents
Skills
Knowledges

Allocation Points

Weaponry
Melee- 1pt
Handguns- 2-4pts
Rifles/Shotguns- 3-5pts (determining cost)
Crossbows- 2-5 pts
Compound bows- 3-5 pts
Semi-automatics- 5pts

There will be various weapons, thus various prices. Some weapons will have more advantages than others.

Mandatory Starting stats, non-subtracting, faction-based: (X,X,X)

Attributes are broken into Physical, Social, and Mental.

PHYSICAL: The core movement abilities of your character

Strength: Brute physical power (1,2,1)
Dexterity: Familiarity with your bodies capabilities in motion (1,2,1)
Stamina: The combination of physical and mental fortitude (1,1,1)

SOCIAL: How well you character interacts and is perceived by others

Charisma: How well you present yourself to others (2,1,1)
Manipulation: How well you can garner response through deceipt and trickery (1,2,1)
Appearance: How attractive you are to others (1,1,4)

MENTAL: Your mental capabilities

Perception: Conscious and intuitive capabilities to notice details (1,2,2)
Intelligence: How smart you are (duh) (1,1,2)
Wits: Mental reaction to given situations (1,2,2)

Abilities are broken down into three categories

TALENTS: A listing of talents, most are self-explanatory

Alertness: Recognizing specific details (1,2,2)
Athletics: Running, climbing, jumping, swimming (1,2,3)
Brawl: Hand to hand fighting (1,2,1)
Dodge: Not getting hit by stuff (1,2,1)
Empathy: The understanding of others' emotions (2,1,1)
Expression: The ability to convey meaning through written word or oratory (2,1,1)
Intimidation: The ability to gain information or action through threat (1,3,1)
Intuition: Gut feelings (2,2,3)
Leadership: The ability to motivate through force of personality (2,1,1)
Streetwise: Understanding the vernacular of the underbelly of society (2,1,1)
Subterfuge: Lying (2,2,1)

SKILLS: A listing of skills, most are self-explanatory

Vehicular competence: Understanding vehicles (1,3,4)
Crafts: The ability to construct or repair (2,2,3)
Demolitions: Blowing things up other than yourself (1,2,3)
Drive: Operation of vehicles (2,3,4)
Etiquette: The understanding of behavior in social settings (2,1,1)
Firearms: Shooting (2,3,1)
Melee: Fighting with stuff in your hands (1,3,1)
Performance: Ability to entertain audiences (2,1,1)
Security: The understanding of securing areas or people, and how to bypass security (1,1,1)
Stealth: Sneaking and hiding (1,3,4)
Survival: The knowledge required to adapt enough to continue breathing (1,2,3)
Technology: The understanding and operation of gadgets, gizmos, and doohickies (2,1,4)

KNOWLEDGES: List of knowledges, most are self-explanatory

Combat Experience: Gained knowledge (Schooling 1, Apprentaceship 2, Enlistment & Training 3, Full Service 4, Commanding 5) (2,2,1)
Bureaucracy: Knowledge and application of political procedure (3,1,1)
Ammunition: How to cope with(Reloading requires 4+) (3,1,2)
Finance: How to spend money to make more (3,1,1)
Investigation: Combination of formal investigative procedure and common sense (2,1,2)
Law: Knowledge of application of law (3,1,2)
Weapon care: How to keep a gun working properly. (2,1,3)
Medicine: Healing (2,1,1)
Occult: Knowledge of supernatural, legends, and myth
Politics: You govern the political process (3,1,1)
Research: How to find a sought answer (2,1,3)
Science: The application of science (Higher levels indicate mastery of specific field) (1,1,3)

Weapons Allocation Points:

Strength Requirements, Point Cost, (All, Pats, Vans, Belles)

Melee:

Handguns::
Revolver:

Pistol:

Obrez (Sawn off & Foregrip stripped shotguns/rifles):
Ruger Red Label Over/Under Pistol
Henry Repeating Pistol
Skill Grade Pistol

Rifles:
Lever Action:

Bolt Action:

Semi-Automatic:

Shotguns:

Pump Action:

Lever Action:

Double/Over Under:

Semi-Automatic:

DeletedUser

I think you should simplify the character stats a bit. My idea is to keep attributes as they are and drop abilities altogether. Having customizable characters is interesting and fun, but it occurs to me that that level of detail is more trouble than it's worth.

DeletedUser

I think you should simplify the character stats a bit. My idea is to keep attributes as they are and drop abilities altogether. Having customizable characters is interesting and fun, but it occurs to me that that level of detail is more trouble than it's worth.

I think you may be right about some of it. I'll drop some things off, and expand the Attributes.

The (X,X,X) still stands for given competence level for the faction at hand.

PHYSICAL:
The core movement abilities of your character

Strength: Brute physical power (2,2,1)
Dexterity: Accute precision with your limbs (1,2,1)
Endurance: Physical fortitude (2,2,1)
Acrobatics: Leaping from car to car, Climbing, Evasive manuvers (1,3,3)

Manipulation: How well you can garner response through deceipt and trickery (2,3,1)
Intimidation: How scary you are and can be to others (1,3,1)

Intelligence: How smart you are (duh) (2,1,2)
Instinct: Mental reaction to given situations (1,2,2)
Renovation: Your ability to repair, or recalibrate (2,1,3)
Maintenence: Your ability to keep things from having to be repaired (2,1,4)

TRAITS: What you specialize in.

Alertness: Recognizing specific details (1,2,2)
Crafts: The ability to construct or repair (2,2,3)
Drive: Operation of vehicles (1,2,4)
Accuracy: Your ability to hit stuff (2,3,1)
Stealth: Sneaking and hiding (1,3,3)
Brawling: Hand to hand fighting (2,2,1)
Firearms: Using Guns to fight (2,2,1)
Melee: Fighting with stuff in your hands (2,3,2)
Archery: Using Bows and Crossbows to fight (1,3,2)
Disarm: The ability to Disarm an opponent (1,1,1)

SPECIALTIES: The things that you can do, if you have the stats to meet them. [X Stat/Attribute] is the required points in order to do a certain Specialty. Sometimes, there are more than one Attribute to be required. If you are a Drifter or Vanguard, you may only choose THREE. If you are a Patriot, you may choose FOUR. Patriot class, I don't care if you love your country or not. {P,V,D} is a limitation system. Whichever letter is missing from the brackets is a faction that has no access to a certain specialty.

[5 Instinct] {P,V,D}Danger Mind: The ability to sense danger, or when someone around you is suspicious

[4 Leadership] {P,V}Soldiering: The ability to recruit men from your faction for FREE to join you on your journey. Maximum of whatever your car can carry in it's seats

[4 Crafts] {D}Vehicle Modification: The ability to modify your vehicle in the field after you've began your journey

[4 Crafts] {P}Ammunition Production: The ability to turn a spent shell into a fresh bullet

[4 Crafts] {V,D} Creationism: The ability to create a complex gadget, be it a wrist-Crossbow, or armor

[5 Survival, or Renovation, or Maintenence] {V,D} Exceptional Scavenging: The ability to pick up a piece of junk by the side of the road, and get some decent use out of it

[5 Instinct, 5 Accuracy] {P,V,D} Marksmanship: Instinctively being able to hit a target without looking down the sights

[4 Manipulation, 3 Intimidation] {V} Enslavement: The ability to take someone's humanity from them

[5 Appearance or Intimidation, 5 Manipulation] {P,V,D} Seduction: The ability to temporarilly seduce an opponent, and have them do your bidding, using either your brutal word, or your beauty

[5 Appearance] {P,V,D} Pretty Face: Stunning your opponent with beauty

[5 Instinct] {P,V,D}

(MORE TO COME, WORK WILL BE DONE)

Just a side-note, I've decided to rename the "Belle Vagrants" to "Belle Drifters" since Vagrant and Vanguard both start with a V.

DeletedUser28032

looks good, only thing i'd say is that Maintenance, renovation and craft sound like the same ability to me (Or very similar at least) maybe we could amalgamate them into one. same with perception and alertness.

DeletedUser

looks good, only thing i'd say is that Maintenance, renovation and craft sound like the same ability to me (Or very similar at least) maybe we could amalgamate them into one. same with perception and alertness.

I guess you've got a good point there. I'll change it some more.

The (X,X,X) still stands for the standard starting competence/proficiency level for the faction at hand. They can not be reduced or re-allocated.

Swiftness: Speediness and running-start abilities (1,2,1)

Manipulation: How well you can garner response through deceipt and trickery (2,3,1)
Bartering: Your influence in talking down the price of an item (3,1,1)

Renovation: Your ability to repair, recalibrate, and maintain (2,1,3)
Determination: Your ability to ignore ailments or obsticles to keep on going (1,1,1)

TRAITS: What you are able to do.

Passive:
Stealth: Sneaking and hiding (1,3,2)
Drive: Operation of vehicles (1,2,3)
Crafts: The ability to create or even cook (2,2,3)

Aggressive:
Archery: Using Bows and Crossbows to fight (1,2,2)

SPECIALTIES: The things that you can do, if you have the stats to meet them. [X Stat/Attribute] is the required points in order to do a certain Specialty. Sometimes, there are more than one Attribute to be required. If you are a Drifter or Vanguard, you may only choose THREE. If you are a Patriot, you may choose FOUR. Patriot class, I don't care if you love your country or not. {P,V,D} is a limitation system. Whichever letter is missing from the brackets is a faction that has no access to a certain specialty.

[5 Instinct] {P,V,D}Danger Mind: The ability to sense danger, or when someone around you is suspicious

[4 Leadership] {P,V}Soldiering: The ability to recruit men from your faction for FREE to join you on your journey. Maximum of whatever your car can carry in it's seats

[4 Crafts] {D}Vehicle Modification: The ability to modify your vehicle in the field after you've began your journey

[4 Crafts] {P}Ammunition Production: The ability to turn a spent shell into a fresh bullet

[4 Crafts] {V,D}Creationism: The ability to create a complex gadget, like a wrist-crossbow

[5 Survival, or Renovation] {V,D} Exceptional Scavenging: The ability to pick up a piece of junk by the side of the road, and get some decent use out of it

[5 Instinct, 5 Accuracy] {P,V,D} Marksmanship: Instinctively being able to hit a target without looking down the sights

[4 Manipulation, 3 Intimidation] {V} Enslavement: The ability to take someone's humanity from them

[5 Appearance or Intimidation, 5 Manipulation] {P,V,D} Seduction: The ability to temporarilly seduce an opponent, and have them do your bidding, using either your brutal word, or your beauty

DeletedUser

reputation_neg.gif
Sparse Road-...04.02.11 06:18The attributes and skills are ripping off Alawa. You should at least give her credit for coming up with that system.

In a Personal Message with Alawa:
Alawa said:
I saw your post for the Mad Max RP. It looks fun, and if you need suggestions on stat stuff... I'll try to help out where I can. I can't guarantee I'll join. I've been mad crazy busy. Yes I was offline for a few days with being sick... but up to that point... my attendance in forum stuff other than my requirements with modding had been way down.

When I first posted the forumula:
Formulas, varrying based on Faction. (Many thanks to Alawa, who's points system I am using many aspects from. She be ok with it Im sure)

Innocence proven ;)

DeletedUser

Who are you, and why didn't you sign your name to the rep? Come out of hiding, and post your complaint on here personally, coward. I will not take unjustified accusations from anyone when she's already told me that she's interested in the roleplay, AND SHE HAS CREDIT FOR WHAT SHE PUT INTO IT.
Welcome to the wonderful world of rep spam, Mr. Schofield. Enjoy your stay.

Anyway, I've gotten much nastier spams than this. Spammers enjoy doing y things for no reason, and as I can tell you from many months of experience, the mods have better things to do than try to help. All we can really do is try to live with it. I never send unsigned rep of any color, and I believe that if everyone did the same, this forum would be a better place for everybody. Well, I guess that's enough of my philisophical rampage. Besides, you've gotten plenty of well-deserved green rep, what's one red?

Deleted User - 819397

Welcome to the wonderful world of rep spam, Mr. Schofield. Enjoy your stay.

Anyway, I've gotten much nastier spams than this. Spammers enjoy doing y things for no reason, and as I can tell you from many months of experience, the mods have better things to do than try to help. All we can really do is try to live with it. I never send unsigned rep of any color, and I believe that if everyone did the same, this forum would be a better place for everybody. Well, I guess that's enough of my philisophical rampage. Besides, you've gotten plenty of well-deserved green rep, what's one red?

David, as much as I understand your indignancy, asking a person to come forward after essentially threatening them isn't going to get them to do so, and like KiTH said, unless it is truly offensive the mods aren't going to do anything about it. While I can see that the rep was made in error, it isn't insulting you by saying you suck or anything like that. It's merely asking you to do what you've already done, so no harm no foul in my mind. I'd make it up to you in green rep, but I haven't given much rep out lately and I can't give you rep again yet. I'd appreciate it if you'd delete the attacking post. Ok, back on topic people :)

DeletedUser

The (X,X,X) still stands for the standard starting competence/proficiency level for the faction at hand. They can not be reduced or re-allocated.

Swiftness: Speediness and running-start abilities (1,2,1)

Bartering: Your influence in talking down the price of an item (3,1,1)

Renovation: Your ability to repair, recalibrate, and maintain (2,1,3)
Determination: Your ability to ignore ailments or obsticles to keep on going (1,1,1)

TRAITS: What you are able to do.

Passive:
Stealth: Sneaking and hiding (1,3,2)
Drive: Operation of vehicles (1,2,3)
Crafts: The ability to create or even cook (2,2,3)

Aggressive:
Archery: Using Bows and Crossbows to fight (1,2,2)

[4 Crafts] {V,D}Creationism: The ability to create a complex gadget, like a wrist-crossbow

[5 Survival, or Renovation] {V,D} Exceptional Scavenging: The ability to pick up a piece of junk by the side of the road, and get some decent use out of it

[5 Drive] {V,D} Maximum Overdrive: Be able to drive any class of vehicle

[4 Acrobatics, 5 Disarm] {V} Grand Theft Auto: Be able to knock an individual out of his car.

VEHICLES: Vehicular Classes factions are limited to. Seven classes in total. Point cost will be made so that it varies.

Patriots:
Class A: Motorcycles
Class B: Carts, ATV's, and Buggies
Class C: Cars, Sedans, and Coupes
Class D: mid-sized Trucks, small, SUV's, and Jeeps
Class E: Trucks and SUV's
Class F: Hummers and Large Trucks
Class G: Semi-Trucks

Vanguards:
Class A: Motorcycles
Class B: Carts, ATV's, and Buggies
Class C: Cars, Sedans, and Coupes