Spaghetti Bridge

• Thread starter DeletedUser33342
  • Start date

DeletedUser33342

Hey guys,

I'm going to Sweden with a group of 15-16yo 'kids'.
I'd love to do an activity where we will make a spaghetti bridge. Do some of you have experience with this? Any additional games we can play are also welcome!

I placed this in this forum cause i think making a spaghetti bridge is an art :)

Best regards

Allmar

DeletedUser36559

Experiment with making trusses using various triangle-based constructions. Try forming trusses based on the shapes of the letters M, W, V, and inverted V. Remember that a triangle that points down is more stable than one that points up. Bridges must withstand the forces of both compression and tension. These forces are optimally balanced when the top and bottom of the truss are made up of more material than the centre (usually triangular) portion, because the top and bottom are subject to the most compression and tension, respectively. Do not cook the spaghetti and be careful with the hot glue.

DeletedUser22685

Experiment with making trusses using various triangle-based constructions. Try forming trusses based on the shapes of the letters M, W, V, and inverted V. Remember that a triangle that points down is more stable than one that points up. Bridges must withstand the forces of both compression and tension. These forces are optimally balanced when the top and bottom of the truss are made up of more material than the centre (usually triangular) portion, because the top and bottom are subject to the most compression and tension, respectively. Do not cook the spaghetti and be careful with the hot glue.

You might as well have just posted the link :razz:

http://spagettibridge.blogspot.com.au/2009/08/instructions-to-build-spaghetti-bridge.html

DeletedUser33342

Hahahaha :p thanks mate for the efforts, no new information though ;)
I think it'd be cool to make one through the camp with these guys :)