Soul or no Soul

• Thread starter DeletedUser19202
  • Start date

DeletedUser19202

Do you believe in the immortal soul that is us, the driving force within our vessel, or are we merely brains regurgitating what we've learned in life until our body dies, never to experience again?

Your thoughts please and don't be shy.:)Live, Love, Laugh mi amigos

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19202

Im gonna go ahead and get this crackin. I myself believe that we are immortal. Not our bodies of course but us, what's animating this body. To say that there's no afterlife would be suggesting that we are our brains. But all our brains are are recievers, storers, and senders. Something is controlling the choices of our brains, OUR SOULS! In my craziness I believe that everything that is, is energy that is infinately smaller and infinately larger. Ends do not exist,the very thought of an ending (complete halt) is mighty hard for me to fathom for energy can't be created nor destroyed. Things that always were, are constantly growing and shrinking (roads one way and another, not stuff getting bigger then getting smaller right after), creating what we call life. Forever and ever, no stops, not even to pee. Ya I think I'm crazy too

DeletedUser

Im gonna go ahead and get this crackin. I myself believe that we are immortal. Not our bodies of course but us, what's animating this body. To say that there's no afterlife would be suggesting that we are our brains. But all our brains are are recievers, storers, and senders. Something is controlling the choices of our brains, OUR SOULS!

No, our brains are controlled by...our brains...seriously dude.

In my craziness I believe that everything that is, is energy that is infinately smaller and infinately larger. Ends do not exist,the very thought of an ending (complete halt) is mighty hard for me to fathom for energy can't be created nor destroyed. Things that always were, are constantly growing and shrinking (roads one way and another, not stuff getting bigger then getting smaller right after), creating what we call life. Forever and ever, no stops, not even to pee. Ya I think I'm crazy too

Yes. Yes you are.

DeletedUser19202

No, our brains are controlled by...our brains...seriously dude.

So we have no souls then, this is it? good thought, but i like my theory better, most will probably agree with you though. Just thought I'd stir somethin up, have a drink on me amigo

DeletedUser19202

Why do we have a built in sense of right and wrong if we are merely vessels controlled by an organ, explain a conscience to me please.......??????? Is that just a wonderful thing the organ known as a brain does? And "seriously dude", I don't know & you don't know, nowone knows. But we can share our opinions right?

DeletedUser

Got to go with "no souls" here too, sorry! IMO, we're just animals: we get born, we reproduce, we die. Socioeconomics dictates the way we do that, and genetic immortality is the only kind there is.

I don't think we are born with a built-in conscience either, I think it is acquired...although there is strong evidence to suggest that altruism in ape species like us is hard-wired (again, to facilitate genetic survival).

Thanks for the topic, could be interesting. ;)

DeletedUser16008

Doc please do me a favour and dont spam post, if you want to add something then use edit ;)

Define soul,

You want to get esoteric or scientific or religious it all comes down to the same thing, energy and conciousness.

What are we ? energy and conciousness that is all.

Energy can only be converted it can never be lost, so far it seems once conciousness becomes extinguished the energy making us what we were starts to change it dos'nt usually retain information to the next form of energy conciousness but there are exceptions that seem to come up with compelling detail of past experiences that cannot be easily explained.

The more deeper science looks the more these things previously unseen, become something.

Energy form can be changed, the mere presence of thought can change the way a snowflake looks be it positive or negative. The very fact that in quantum science even looking at an experiment changes the outcome of that experiment. This shows that the world is far from what we are able to perceive or totally understand.

Be nice to each other here people, this is a good topic for discussion there is no need to attack anyone just explore.

DeletedUser16008

Who cares? No, really, who cares?

I care you don't seem to care, no really :p. Its all very well to simply dismiss an idea of say a soul as being religious dogma but what on a deeper level scientifically does that imply ?

Why do some people have retained information about experiences of another person ? how would this be even possible if not for some residue information retained by the energy that abounds somehow ?

How could it be possible to change the outcome of an experiment just purely by observing it compared to not observing ? This makes no sense at all unless you are prepared to admit that conciousness in itself is an energy that can and does affect the world around it.

But thats silly right ? how can just looking at something affect it ? how can belief affect anything real ? yet the snowflake experiment has shown emotions and words matter.

http://www.highexistence.com/water-experiment/

why would this be ? if it were simply energy transferring to another form it would not really be expected to differ in results but just proximity and outside influence, projecting such a thing as an emotion to affect an outcome seems ludicrous yet we do this all the time to great success.

DeletedUser19202

Sorry Victor, I wont spam again. I'm new to this, my bad amigo

DeletedUser

I care you don't seem to care, no really :p. Its all very well to simply dismiss an idea of say a soul as being religious dogma but what on a deeper level scientifically does that imply ?
Who cares because if you die, and there is no soul, then you're dead. If you die, and there is a soul, then something will happen after you die. The problem here is that people dwell on soul and afterlife, and they fail to address their present life. They don't do what's right, except in the context of how it may effect where their "soul" goes after they're dead, and that in and of itself is a selfish endeavor so --- guess what --- their soul won't be going where they think it will be going, assuming there's a soul. And so, once again, who cares? Do right, act right, care for others, because it's what is right to do, not because "what's in it for me?" Soul be damned, just give a damn about others.

Why do some people have retained information about experiences of another person?
No evidence of such, just claims of such. With books, magazines, television, and dreams, we have ample stories and ideas running about in our subconscious.

how would this be even possible if not for some residue information retained by the energy that abounds somehow ?
That is referred to as "leaping to conclusions based on a contrived conjecture." Good fun, but baseless.

How could it be possible to change the outcome of an experiment just purely by observing it compared to not observing ? This makes no sense at all unless you are prepared to admit that conciousness in itself is an energy that can and does affect the world around it.
Once again, leaping to conclusions. In this case, confusing the lay explanation of a phenomenon of quantum mechanics with that of standard physics and projecting from that a notion on metaphysics.

To pose this in short, you don't know what you're talking about.

But thats silly right ? how can just looking at something affect it ? how can belief affect anything real ? yet the snowflake experiment has shown emotions and words matter. http://www.highexistence.com/water-experiment/
You should do your homework before quoting fakes. Masaru Emoto's writings, and his tests, have been shown to be garbage, as demonstrated by this excerpt:

"His newest book, Hidden Messages in Water holds a place of honor on my bookshelves as the worst book I have ever read. It is about as scientific as Alice in Wonderland. Emoto took pictures of snowflakes and "observed" that clean water made prettier crystals.

A [real] scientist would have checked to see if he got the same results if he didn’t know beforehand which water was clean. Emoto never bothered with even this most elementary double-check. He didn’t consult real scientists. Had he done so, they could have told him that these snowflake crystals, just like raindrops, form around a core of dust, so actually the cleaner water is less likely to form them. Their beauty varies with the temperature and conditions of formation, not with the purity of the water. The idea that snowflakes could show anything about differences in the "molecular structure" of water is incompatible with basic physics.

Emoto’s popularity is a sad commentary on the scientific illiteracy of our society. His work is a morass of factual errors, misconceptions, misinterpretations, metaphors, and meaningless assertions. He writes in the language of magical thinking and superstition, not of science.

Most serious scientists find Emoto’s delusions too silly to even acknowledge, but one retired chemistry professor has taken the time to debunk water cluster pseudoscience and Emoto’s "research" on his Web site: www.chem1.com/CQ/clusqk.html."
~ Dr. Harriet Hall, http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/1144934/masaru_emotos_wonderful_world_of_water/

To further address this, a triple-blind study was performed and resulted in --- nothing. ~ http://www.scientificexploration.org/journal/jse_22_4_radin.pdf

projecting such a thing as an emotion to affect an outcome seems ludicrous yet we do this all the time to great success.
When it comes to ludicrous, I would say your assumptions fall right in line. When we have emotions, it is due to changes in our chemistry that influences the functions of our body. Our biology releases chemicals to induce internal changes for many reasons, not the least of which is survival. Now, there are also chemicals we release externally, such as pheromones. So while it has repeatedly been demonstrated that these chemicals can influence other living creatures, particularly of the same species, there is no scientific evidence that it influences non-living matter. Indeed, there's ample evidence it cannot. I.e., water, which is comprised of two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen, cannot be influenced by pheromones. Even the smallest of pheromones, a prokaryote, dwarfs a water molecule and thus cannot influence it.

The snowflake, which relies upon minute particles to form, is not influenced by pheromones. To conclude otherwise demonstrates, as in the case of Mr. Emoto, hopeful and otherwise ignorant thinking. Respectfully, we return to, "who cares?"

Now, excuse me, I have some dishes to wash.

DeletedUser19202

Who cares because if you die, and there is no soul, then you're dead. If you die, and there is a soul, then something will happen after you die. The problem here is that people dwell on soul and afterlife, and they fail to address their present life. They don't do what's right, except in the context of how it may effect where their "soul" goes after they're dead, and that in and of itself is a selfish endeavor so --- guess what --- their soul won't be going where they think it will be going, assuming there's a soul. And so, once again, who cares? Do right, act right, care for others, because it's what is right to do, not because "what's in it for me?" Soul be damned, just give a damn about others.

You really should practice what you preach on being decent towards people. I don't elude treating people poorly because of fear of where I will go after my energy leaves this vessel, it simply feels right to me to treat people kindly. On this matter the golden rule reigns supreme above all, "Treat others the way you would want to be treated" That saying above your picture of a revolver aiming at an eye seems to explain a lot about your character.

DeletedUser16008

First off you place far too much on a soul being nothing but a whimsical wish for something more relating to the world as we or the scientific world likes to portray or understand it, I don't. True more care towards what you do and how you live now carries far more importance.

No evidence of such, just claims of such. With books, magazines, television, and dreams, we have ample stories and ideas running about in our subconscious.

Hehe there is far more to it than that as much as youd not like there to be. Governments have spent billions on this and its likely they wouldnt have if it were simple mumbo jumbo.

Once again, leaping to conclusions. In this case, confusing the lay explanation of a phenomenon of quantum mechanics with that of standard physics and projecting from that a notion on metaphysics.

To pose this in short, you don't know what you're talking about.

I don't pretend to understand it but then again nor do you my learned friend and neither do the scientists, yet it works regardless.

You should do your homework before quoting fakes. Masaru Emoto's writings, and his tests, have been shown to be garbage, as demonstrated by this excerpt:

"His newest book, Hidden Messages in Water holds a place of honor on my bookshelves as the worst book I have ever read. It is about as scientific as Alice in Wonderland. Emoto took pictures of snowflakes and "observed" that clean water made prettier crystals.

A [real] scientist would have checked to see if he got the same results if he didn’t know beforehand which water was clean. Emoto never bothered with even this most elementary double-check. He didn’t consult real scientists. Had he done so, they could have told him that these snowflake crystals, just like raindrops, form around a core of dust, so actually the cleaner water is less likely to form them. Their beauty varies with the temperature and conditions of formation, not with the purity of the water. The idea that snowflakes could show anything about differences in the "molecular structure" of water is incompatible with basic physics.

Emoto’s popularity is a sad commentary on the scientific illiteracy of our society. His work is a morass of factual errors, misconceptions, misinterpretations, metaphors, and meaningless assertions. He writes in the language of magical thinking and superstition, not of science.

Most serious scientists find Emoto’s delusions too silly to even acknowledge, but one retired chemistry professor has taken the time to debunk water cluster pseudoscience and Emoto’s "research" on his Web site: www.chem1.com/CQ/clusqk.html."
~ Dr. Harriet Hall, http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/1144934/masaru_emotos_wonderful_world_of_water/

To further address this, a triple-blind study was performed and resulted in --- nothing. ~ http://www.scientificexploration.org/journal/jse_22_4_radin.pdf

I found it amusing and entertaining which is why i threw it into the discussion and don't take it seriously but you obviously did enough to buy his book, whos the mug ? :D

When it comes to ludicrous, I would say your assumptions fall right in line. When we have emotions, it is due to changes in our chemistry that influences the functions of our body. Our biology releases chemicals to induce internal changes for many reasons, not the least of which is survival. Now, there are also chemicals we release externally, such as pheromones. So while it has repeatedly been demonstrated that these chemicals can influence other living creatures, particularly of the same species, there is no scientific evidence that it influences non-living matter. Indeed, there's ample evidence it cannot. I.e., water, which is comprised of two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen, cannot be influenced by pheromones. Even the smallest of pheromones, a prokaryote, dwarfs a water molecule and thus cannot influence it.

The snowflake, which relies upon minute particles to form, is not influenced by pheromones. To conclude otherwise demonstrates, as in the case of Mr. Emoto, hopeful and otherwise ignorant thinking. Respectfully, we return to, "who cares?"

Now, excuse me, I have some dishes to wash.

ahh but im not talking just about chemical changes and imbalances affecting things they can interact with directly, it's really ok if your not comfortable with alternative science and im sure the quantum and metaphysical areas upset your paradigm just as they did Einstein. Yet he has been proven wrong and ive no doubt many other things thought of as scientific fact and white papers also will follow down the toilet.

As much as religious dogma enslaves many the arrogance of demanding scientific evidence on something not even understood is naive.

Science pretends often to have all the answers once theres been a few papers and findings but this isnt strictly true, especially in the medical world. Yet youd be hard pushed to notice with the amount of false papers, findings and trials that are massaged to show what they wish.

You cant treat an illness successfully without scientific based drugs right ? wrong ...

Scientifically produced Anti depressants are much more effective than a placebo right ? wrong

You can't heal chronic arthritis simply by the patient believing they have had an operation yet nothing has been done, thats just mumbo jumbo right ? wrong

Belief is a huge part of how we influence ourselves, the medical world is slowly waking up to this fact, there is no reason to suppose it cannot affect the world around us.

What has this to do with the soul ? well nothing more than its just another wonder of what the human machine is possibly capable of and science dosnt even scratch the surface. The point is science has no answer for these anomalies but they exist, if you look closely there are plenty in the scientific community engaged on all kinds of research of what you would consider the kooky kind, nevertheless scientists far more intelligent than either you or I do so. I'm sure you can pick and choose subjects and areas you consider worthy or not of investigation just as the world does about patents brought and shelved or history books that are written by the victors. Much stays on the shelf, in the labs or if its really of serious interest black ops. Alternatively they just come right out and lie through their teeth or falsify results. ( yes it happens even in wonderland )

The truth is you do not have a clue anymore than I or anyone else does, youd like to believe you do but then again thats just another belief and no more real than a priest believing in god. The difference is that I don't fret about it nor have I replaced religion with science as a stick to try and beat people with.

What human energy and conciousness is capable of is far more than science or religion can explain or prove, im more than comfortable with that.

To give you a final thing to think over while you wash the dishes, who is to say that there is'nt a form or reincarnation or soul, place dimension or afterlife ? whatever term you wish to give it dosn't matter, what may matter is how strong or healthy is that "centre" of your being ? will it just wink out when you die if the energy isnt channelled to exercise your body properly would it be too weak to transcend because you have never exercised it ? What makes you think that because science has no measure other than a few machine read outs that for everyone the story ends at the moment of death ?

Maybe it dosn't for everyone

DeletedUser

*reading all of it, and again +1 to Hellstrom for saying what I would like to have said if I had the words and the energy*

edit: blah, apparently I need to spread etc. Well I tried. Point remains the same.

DeletedUser

lol, thanks Joseph.

You really should practice what you preach on being decent towards people. I don't elude treating people poorly because of fear of where I will go after my energy leaves this vessel, it simply feels right to me to treat people kindly. On this matter the golden rule reigns supreme above all, "Treat others the way you would want to be treated" That saying above your picture of a revolver aiming at an eye seems to explain a lot about your character.
Way to go off topic and personal.

The signature relates to this game and the "persona" I played ingame. It is, after all, a game about shooting people, besieging forts, and robbing trains... doh!

As to real life, you clearly don't know me. I'm not going to bother listing the things I've done, the charities I've worked with, the people I've helped. In short, I'm real and this isn't a pissing contest. But, if it were, i'm quite confident I would wet more cookies.

Hehe there is far more to it than that as much as youd not like there to be. Governments have spent billions on this and its likely they wouldnt have if it were simple mumbo jumbo.
Would you care to present evidence to support your assertions? Maybe even a few of those checks you claim the government spent on researching this?

I don't pretend to understand it but then again nor do you my learned friend and neither do the scientists, yet it works regardless.
Actually, yes I do, at least as it pertains to quantum mechanics. The problem with quantum mechanics is that it is not intuitive, which I explained elsewhere. The other problem is that there are a multitude of hucksters out there making the same claims you just did, except doing so for profit, and having absolutely no actual background in physics.

Quantum mechanics is taught on or about the 6th year of university studies. It requires ample basis in study of math and physics to comprehend, let alone obtain sufficient comprehension to be able to communicate it to others. And yet there's these people out there, with parapsychology degrees and less, claiming "remote viewing" and other things are possible based on quantum mechanics. But, in truth, that's just a load of stink. It's absolute fabrication and an attempt by these hucksters to grab something they don't understand and apply it to things they do. Wala, magic!

Quantum mechanics is real, it's factual, it's tested and theorized in some areas. But quantum mechanics is a study on a subatomic level and is inapplicable on an atomic or super-atomic level. Attempting to make that leap is just plain dead wrong.

If you want, you can start a new thread on quantum mechanics and I could bore the crap out of you.

I found it amusing and entertaining which is why i threw it into the discussion and don't take it seriously but you obviously did enough to buy his book, whos the mug ? :D
Ah, I see, you're applying the "throw everything and see what sticks" principle. How about posing the, "here's evidence to substantiate my arguments" principle?

ahh but im not talking just about chemical changes and imbalances affecting things they can interact with directly, it's really ok if your not comfortable with alternative science and im sure the quantum and metaphysical areas upset your paradigm just as they did Einstein.
Let's get one thing clear. Quantum mechanics and metaphysics have absolutely nothing in common. Quantum mechanics is a fact-based scientific study, dependent upon a tremendous amount of math and computation. Metaphysics is a study in mental masturbation, with no actual valid studies, nor any computations. An appropriate definition for metaphysics would be, "everything that isn't physics." I.e., leprechauns.

Yet he has been proven wrong and ive no doubt many other things thought of as scientific fact and white papers also will follow down the toilet.
Once again demonstrating a complete lack of comprehension on how the scientific community works. We work on the principle of, shall I say aspire to, being proven wrong. Nevertheless, Einstein has been not been proven "wrong" on many of his theories and some of them have been adopted as scientific laws, which in itself is an amazing feat. Of those theories in which errors were found, or in-applicability, additional studies based on his work were performed and greater insight was obtained. Do remember, Einstein's most influential work was almost a hundred years ago and he's been deceased now for over 50 years. Since then, we've developed biological and particle transistors, confirmed the existence of the higgs-boson, and performed quantum teleportation (entanglement-assisted), all of which I'm sure you have no understanding. Which is why it all sounds like "magic" to you and thus you and others proscribe fabricated notions alongside factual and evidence scientific principles that go right over your head.

Ah well... goes right back to that other debate about magic.

As much as religious dogma enslaves many the arrogance of demanding scientific evidence on something not even understood is naive.
But that's not the case here and your argument is invalidated by the mere effort you made to superimpose one argument over another.

Meh, let's try it this way. You cannot research something that does not exist. The hucksters have repeatedly, and for centuries, always tied it to the latest sciences. Back in the 1800's, they tied it to electricity and created contraptions to "identify" electrical impulses from "souls." Later, when it was identified there is an electromagnetic field surrounding people, they created contraptions to "identify" the soul disparate from the body. Now, the latest is to try and relate quantum physics to souls. Lucky for us it's a bit harder to create hadron colliders to identify "souls."

Believe whatever you want, but there is no evidence, there aren't even confirmations of instances. Watch Ghost Hunters on SyFy if you want see how hucksters ploy their craft.

Science pretends often to have all the answers once theres been a few papers and findings but this isnt strictly true, especially in the medical world.
Once again, an ignorant statement. Science is not an entity. Scientists are human beings and while there may on occasion present a pretentious scientist, the mere structure of the scientific community serves to ensure all valid studies are peer-reviewed. The scientific community thrives on proving each other wrong. Why? Because if you can't, then there's something new and fantastic to contemplate. Science is about finding questions, not about posing answers. Posing answers is the garden of religious zealots, tricksters, and engineers.

Yet youd be hard pushed to notice with the amount of false papers, findings and trials that are massaged to show what they wish.
You would be hard-pressed to present evidence to assert your claim. If papers and articles are not peer-reviewed, they aren't coming from the scientific community, they're coming from the hucksters. Your chore, as a lay person, is learning how to differentiate. An example of non-peer reviewed hucksterism would be that "snowflake" study.

You cant treat an illness successfully without scientific based drugs right ? wrong ...
Actually, right. There are a multitude of herbs that have been studied ages ago, by what was deemed scientists of the time. These herbs do work. You fail to understand that modern science has been able to identify and extract the beneficial properties of herbs, chemicals, etc and make them more effective, or more concentrated.

But yes, there are people who think standing still and chanting, "go away cancer" is going to work. And, when their cancer does go away, they attribute it to their chanting, rather than perhaps the cancer not being terminal (not all cancers are, even without treatment).

Scientifically produced Anti depressants are much more effective than a placebo right ? wrong
The field of psychiatry is the field of studying various drugs and seeing whether they produce any results. It's basically the study of pharmacology centered on mental disorders. For all intensive purposes, it's not a science. As to depression, you demonstrate the common misnomer. Depression is a symptom, not a cause. Determination of the causation is the first step to treatment.

You can't heal chronic arthritis simply by the patient believing they have had an operation yet nothing has been done, thats just mumbo jumbo right ? wrong
And here you demonstrate lack of knowledge on what is arthritis. There are different kinds of arthritis. Arthritis that results in the physical deterioration of the bone does not heal itself. Arthritis that results in inflammation of a joint can heal over time without medical intervention.

Belief is a huge part of how we influence ourselves, the medical world is slowly waking up to this fact, there is no reason to suppose it cannot affect the world around us.
Umm, the medical world is not comprised of scientists, it's comprised of technicians. You should really get your arguments straight...

What has this to do with the soul ? well nothing more than its just another wonder of what the human machine is possibly capable of and science dosnt even scratch the surface.
Thank you for pointing out what is abundantly obvious to anyone else who bothered to read your statements. You're way off topic. We could have a debate on each of those things separately, and they would have absolutely nothing to do with "souls."

The point is science has no answer for these anomalies but they exist, if you look closely there are plenty in the scientific community engaged on all kinds of research of what you would consider the kooky kind, nevertheless scientists far more intelligent than either you or I do so.
Once again, present evidence to your assertions. To stay on topic, present evidence to the assertion that legitimate scientists are researching "souls."

The truth is you do not have a clue anymore than I or anyone else does, youd like to believe you do but then again thats just another belief and no more real than a priest believing in god. The difference is that I don't fret about it nor have I replaced religion with science as a stick to try and beat people with.
lol, I came onto this thread asking, "who cares?"

You claim not to fret about it, but indeed "fretting about it" is exactly what you did.

DeletedUser16008

:rolleyes: someones got too much time on their hands.

I have no time or interest in putting together a 2 page line by line dissection of your pompous and condescending waffle. Ill answer a couple tho.

Would you care to present evidence to support your assertions? Maybe even a few of those checks you claim the government spent on researching this?

A cheque isnt required there is plenty of released papers on various projects etc etc they didnt pay for themselves and they sure arn't a registered charity, you can work it out im sure.

Actually, yes I do, at least as it pertains to quantum mechanics. blah blah blah

LOL no really you don't, if it were adequately understood there would'nt be any need for so much theory and it abounds in QM

Once again demonstrating a complete lack of comprehension on how the scientific community works. We work on the principle of, shall I say aspire to, being proven wrong. Nevertheless, Einstein has been not been proven "wrong" on many of his theories and some of them have been adopted as scientific laws, which in itself is an amazing feat. Of those theories in which errors were found, or in-applicability, additional studies based on his work were performed and greater insight was obtained. Do remember, Einstein's most influential work was almost a hundred years ago and he's been deceased now for over 50 years. Since then, we've developed biological and particle transistors, confirmed the existence of the higgs-boson, and performed quantum teleportation (entanglement-assisted), all of which I'm sure you have no understanding. Which is why it all sounds like "magic" to you and thus you and others proscribe fabricated notions alongside factual and evidence scientific principles that go right over your head.

Enough of the condescending lecture from the likes of you m'lad. Your not part of the scientific community as far as I know just a gaming community.

Do yourself a favour and take your head out the Walter Hellstromm Mitty clouds and come down to earth please,

I could bore the crap out of you.

You already did.:tumble:

The rest isn't worth responding to, since most of it is full of the usual diatribe of thinly veiled insults ive suddenly lost interest. Try channelling some of your intelligence to good old fashioned manners for a change and we'll talk, until then i'm off to find my centre :p....... ta taa

DeletedUser

I have no time or interest in putting together a 2 page line by line dissection of your pompous and condescending waffle. Ill answer a couple tho.
Nice rebuttal. What's wrong, can't handle a little debate?

A cheque isnt required there is plenty of released papers on various projects etc etc they didnt pay for themselves and they sure arn't a registered charity, you can work it out im sure.
Once again, present evidence to support your assertions. You posed it, you defend your position.

LOL no really you don't, if it were adequately understood there would'nt be any need for so much theory and it abounds in QM
Quantum mechanics has ample factual, evidenced, facets. You also misrepresent "theory" as it applies to physics. In physics, a valid theory is a millimeter short of a law. On the other hand, conjecture in physics is what everyone else calls a theory.

Enough of the condescending lecture from the likes of you m'lad. Your not part of the scientific community as far as I know just a gaming community.
hehe, as far as you know. Want more on me, take it to pms. I don't share my vitae' with the masses. ;)

Do yourself a favour and take your head out the Walter Hellstromm Mitty clouds and come down to earth please
You're the one rambling on about souls and snowflakes. *chuckle*

DeletedUser16008

Nice rebuttal. What's wrong, can't handle a little debate?

Sure I just don't have time to debate every line spreading over a few pages sorry, especially one I don't see science holding any answers on any more than religion. Neither proves a damned thing nor for me holds any answers and im very comfortable with that thanks.

Once again, present evidence to support your assertions. You posed it, you defend your position.

I don't have to, virtually every major power in the 20th century has engaged in projects relating to this field, the problem with this is all of them are or have been classified so whatever I am likely to bring up is going to have your scientific proof request or rebuttal about wanting funding evidence etc. Something we both know is unprovable yet widely uncontested or refuted by said governments. You mentioned remote viewing, dosn't matter what you do or don't think about it both the soviet empire and the US embarked on projects like this so ill leave that as your one example seeing as you threw it in there earlier.

Quantum mechanics has ample factual, evidenced, facets. You also misrepresent "theory" as it applies to physics. In physics, a valid theory is a millimeter short of a law. On the other hand, conjecture in physics is what everyone else calls a theory.

Me misrepresenting "theory" ? LOL thats a good one considering the amount of times you like to heckle people about theories and ask for solid proof.

Quantum mechanics has as you put it "theory" as well as facts and plenty of them as you well know. In Physics as you yourself point out a millimetre short may make something a valid theory but a millimetre is huge in physics and why its not stated as fact, so cut it anyway you like its still just a theory. .. The point here is what ? That you are attempting to pass off science theory as "almost" scientific fact or law and it dosnt matter ?:blink: sounds like a very scientific way of saying "we think we know but cant say for certain, but because we are scientists and not priests, when we say something or come up with a valid theory you can accept it as fact" ....yea ok :hmf:

You're the one rambling on about souls and snowflakes. *chuckle*

No I was merely originally answering the topic Q which strangely enough happened to be about souls.

Do you believe in the immortal soul that is us, the driving force within our vessel, or are we merely brains regurgitating what we've learned in life until our body dies, never to experience again?

Your thoughts please and don't be shy

I also asked everyone to be civil in my first post knowing how these topics usually get. :rolleyes:

Be nice to each other here people, this is a good topic for discussion there is no need to attack anyone just explore.

DeletedUser

I also asked everyone to be civil in my first post knowing how these topics usually get. :rolleyes:
Indeed, however you completely ignored the not-civil comments you posed to me before I even showed a modicum of not-civil tone to you. Typical fare for you though, so I wasn't the least bit bent. Just giving back what I get:

"whos the mug ?" (( Mug. 1.British slang meaning "a fool." You are British, right? So obviously you know you were posing an insult... ))

"arrogance of demanding scientific evidence on something not even understood is naive."

"The truth is you do not have a clue"

In short, it was these and other comments you posed that initiated my line-by-line breakdown of your arguments. And then, of course, you responded by saying it wasn't worth your time. Civil, aye? Yet another victim-card advocate is what I see...

Do you believe in the immortal soul that is us, the driving force within our vessel, or are we merely brains regurgitating what we've learned in life until our body dies, never to experience again? Your thoughts please and don't be shy
The immortal soul is an Abrahamic faith concept. As I indicated earlier, the Abrahamic religions make it abundantly clear, unequivocally, that disembodied souls do not dwell on Earth, do not haunt, etc. I can pull verse if you want to see it, although I recall you stating you're an atheist, so why bring up immortal soul?

In Physics as you yourself point out a millimetre short may make something a valid theory but a millimetre is huge in physics and why its not stated as fact, so cut it anyway you like its still just a theory.
Blatantly wrong. "A scientific theory is an explanation of some aspect of the natural world that has been substantiated through repeated experiments or testing. But to the average Jane or Joe, a theory is just an idea that lives in someone's head, rather than an explanation rooted in experiment and testing." ~ Tia Ghose

To expound upon this, a scientific hypothesis is the "equivalent" of a non-scientific theory. A scientific hypothesis is an educated guess, based on observation and available data. The step beyond a scientific hypothesis is a scientific theory, and it is a very big step. A scientific theory is an explanation based on observation, experimentation, data, and logical reasoning, tested and affirmed as a principle via peer-review. Probably an easy way of looking at it is this:

non-scientific theory = educated guess
scientific hypothesis = educated guess on an observed phenomena
scientific theory = educated explanation of researched phenomena
scientific law = educated description of researched phenomena
belief = uneducated answer

I don't have to, virtually every major power in the 20th century has engaged in projects relating to this field, the problem with this is all of them are or have been classified so whatever I am likely to bring up is going to have your scientific proof request or rebuttal about wanting funding evidence etc. Something we both know is unprovable yet widely uncontested or refuted by said governments.
lol... so conspiracy theories. mkthxbai