SOTW Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apelatia

Apologies for posting in the wrong thread last time out.

I noticed you guys have a lack of participants this time round so far. SOTW #2 didn't have very many either. My suggestion is that you extend the time period for making the signatures, to give players more to think up their designs and more time to create them, and do all the editing etc etc...

I think that in the end this would result in more and better quality entries! (I'm not saying the ones being posted are bad quality...)

P.S. I have no talents in these types of things, which is why you haven't seen me posting entries haha.

jarograv

My excuse; Exams + Term Papers = busy jaro. Also the theme is rather difficult to work with TBH, not many good renders to work with so, like stefyx, I "lack inspiration" this week :)

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
I have realised that the comps aren't going as well as we hoped so we are brainstorming different ways on how to get the comps active and make it worth the time in doing them. There will be changes and improvements soon.

DeletedUser34084

My excuse; Exams + Term Papers = busy jaro. Also the theme is rather difficult to work with TBH, not many good renders to work with so, like stefyx, I "lack inspiration" this week :)

I'm busy with school and driver license exam... I'll make a signature today or tomorrow

DeletedUser31931

I would have entered, but for two things, firstly I have an incredibly temperamental internet and not much time, two which combine to make a savage pair, as well as the fact that there isn't much scope to work with.

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
Simple, we turned M upside down.
It changed to weeks because we thought we'd change it a little and to try to get more people back to this section. It may/may not change back to months though. It's under discussion what's going to be done at this point but we'll decide soon enough.

DeletedUser31931

*whew* -- Just installed CS6 and hopefully made the deadline. :)

If the thread hasn't been locked or Sambee hasn't posted saying that the comp is closed then you should know it's open.

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
SOTW #3 has closed and voting has commenced.
SOTW #4 is postponed to allow for discussion on how to improve the competitions. We will have another comp up as soon as possible.
In the mean time feel free to show off your art however you please.

DeletedUser8627

Just to reiterate on what Sambee said, we have closed the SOTW temporarily. We have found that there are more artists on this forum other than just graphic artists.

We are in the process of compiling lists and discussing more possible entry types so more players can participate and enjoy this event.

More to follow soon...

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
Sorry about the delay with these comps. I've been very busy in RL with uni. Ill get a bit of free time next week to work on things and we'll get the comps going again shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.